Rumor: Maelstrom closing - CONFIRMED

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HERE's A SCOOP!  The first picture from the new Frozen ride at Norway:  

I really don't care much either way about this one. Can we fix the one side of "Future" World that completely sucks though? And put in Star Wars Land already? And add to Pixar Place? And redo the fina

Hay now it's a classic and a must do. It's the best ride in World Showcase. It's Atleast in the top 2.

Nothing yet on the internal hours of operation calendar, but there's a lot of internal unofficial buzz regarding Maelstrom and the Norway pavilion in general.

I toured the Norway event venue located upstairs last week and it was sad. It needs a complete refurb.

Nothing yet on the internal hours of operation calendar, but there's a lot of internal unofficial buzz regarding Maelstrom and the Norway pavilion in general.

I toured the Norway event venue located upstairs last week and it was sad. It needs a complete refurb.

Do all or most of the countries have event space? 

The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia is reporting on Facebook that it appears that Malstrom will close Sept. 27th. No source listed (of course).

Do any Fiend CMs have any info on this?

But, but, but!!!!  We weren't planning on going to Epcot until 9/29.  And my children are Norwegian.  And I really, really wanted too ride it.

:TantrumSmiley:

Don't cry yet, Marty.  There are a LOT of rumors swirling right now about the Norway pavilion, and in addition to nothing on the TA or internal schedules yet, I'm not seeing this date or any other being floated by any of the other usually-reliable sources.

So don't go rearranging your spreadsheet.... yet.  8)

Don't cry yet, Marty.  There are a LOT of rumors swirling right now about the Norway pavilion, and in addition to nothing on the TA or internal schedules yet, I'm not seeing this date or any other being floated by any of the other usually-reliable sources.

Exactly! 

Back to topic!  I like Maelstrom. I like that it is about Norway folklore (isn't it?). It's not about a Disney movie. But I guess that explains itself for the change.

I totally agree

Okay, not touching the spreadsheet yet, but I did confirm that Epcot doesn't close until 10pm on the 26th.  We are planning to do AK from 8am - 12pm, and then DHS from 1pm - Fantasmic, which starts at 8pm.  So we could, conceivably go to Epcot after that and ride Maelstorm.  And we would still have Sat. and Sunday to recover from that.  But I am still hoping the rumor isn't true.

(Need to put Airborne on the packing list!)

Okay, not touching the spreadsheet yet, but I did confirm that Epcot doesn't close until 10pm on the 26th.  We are planning to do AK from 8am - 12pm, and then DHS from 1pm - Fantasmic, which starts at 8pm.  So we could, conceivably go to Epcot after that and ride Maelstorm.  And we would still have Sat. and Sunday to recover from that.  But I am still hoping the rumor isn't true.

(Need to put Airborne on the packing list!)

Always good to have a Plan B! 

Good thinking on the Airborne!  I don't go to WDW without it. And have the kids practice opening doors with their elbows.  8)