Nothing Fancy-Just a Good Old 4th of July at the Fort TCD TR

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have no fear, I am here!

I have a double ENO hammock.....super comfy.

Not all dogs are scared of Thunder and they all handle it a different way.  Service dogs need to be able to handle all situations.  What would happen if a person had a service dog that was scared of t

Late chiming in. The beds in all the moderates except for Caribbean beach were upgraded to queen beds and they are currently working in CB.

Thanks.  I didn't know that.  The room we were in at POFQ seemed like it had been updated at some time not to long ago.  The furniture and carpets seemed newish.

As in the past,  Thank you for sharing another incredible adventure with us.   I always enjoy them !

As always, the pleasure is mine.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Thanks for another enjoyable trip report.

We went to NO in 2007 for our anniversary.  The end of the week there it was the French Quarter Festival.  Food booths and free outdoor music venues (about 8-10) all thru the district.  It was great.  We never did try a po boy, though.  Next time.

POFQ would be next on our list of mods to stay at.  We enjoyed PO Dixie Landings when we stayed there.  We took my mom, so the trundle bed was great for one of the kids.  At CSR there were just the 4 of us, but DS, then 13, slept on an air mattress on the floor.  We had a pool view room there, an upgrade since we had booked parking lot view.  We liked that resort, too. 

I've never heard of the French Quarter Festival.  That sounds fun.  There always seems to be something going on in New Orleans.

I like Coronado Springs too, but it is so much more spread out than POFQ.  Here, the pool and lobby with the food court are right next to each other. Over at CSR, they are separated by quite a distance.

Pretty good trip report. Could have used a vampire, though.

A vampire?

Where would I see a vampire at Disney World?

Hang on.

I did go to the Unleash the Villains event this past Saturday night.

Maybe I could post some villain photos?

TCD

When I said I had posted all I had to post on Friday, I meant it.

I had thought about going to the Villains Unleashed party on Saturday, but ultimately, I had decided not to.  The original plan, which I was planning on sticking to, was that I would buy two tickets.  If both the twins had the night off, they would both get to go.  If one had to work, I'd drive over and go with the other.  I knew mid-week last week that they both had managed to get Saturday night off, and that settled it.  I thought at some time during the week, Disney would finally announce that the event was sold out.  But, I underestimated their greed.  I should have known better.

In the middle of the night Thursday, I got a text from Twin #2.  Her bank account had been hacked.  Right after her biggest paycheck had been deposited.  And some lowlife was charging up a storm down in the Miami area.  I told her to contact the fraud department at the credit union where she has her account, and they shut her account down, and said that they would replace the funds.  But, she would have to come in and get a new card.  The problem is that the credit union only has branches in our county- none around Orlando.  I told Twin #2 I would go and pick up her new card, and would either run it over to her, or overnight it.

We had also heard from Twin #1 earlier in the week, and there were a couple of things she forgot at home.  The most important one was the power cord for her computer.  Her roommate had one, which they were sharing, but she wanted to get the cord as soon as possible.

So, I had at least two excuses to drive over to Orlando on the weekend.

At first, I thought I'd just run over in the morning and see the girls, and then leave when they headed to the party. 

Then I thought some more.

Maybe I would just go to the party.

I like train wrecks.

And this could be one.

I waited until Saturday, and said to myself that if there were tickets still for sale, I would go.

When I checked, they were still selling tickets, so I bought one.

And I headed over.

There were announcements on the Disney website that the entry to DHS by the Boardwalk would be closed that night for the party, and all traffic re-routed to the other entrance that no one but me ever uses.  I suggested to the girls that we use our regular passes to get in early, and then get our wristbands once they started to distribute those.  That way, we would avoid the traffic.

The girls had other ideas.  Twin #2 had already invited a friend from work (at Oaken's Trading Post), to join us.  And Twin #1 had agreed to go with her roommates to Animal Kingdom that morning.  Some of them had never been there.  She wanted to take them on Dinosaur and watch their faces. 

So, the plan changed to us meeting up around 5:30 or 6, and heading in.

Twin #1 was going to take a bus from her apartment to AK, and wanted to meet me someplace where she could change into another outfit.

Twin #2 ultimately decided that she wanted to pick up her friend and drive in herself, and meet us in the park.

That meant I had to pick a place to meet up with Twin #1.  I wanted a place close to DHS, where I could wait comfortably. 

Since I have so much recent experience with POFQ, I suggested that she meet me there.

So, that was the plan.

I got there around 5:00 or so.  It was a blazing hot day, but a storm was rolling in.

No sooner had I gotten settled in the lobby, than a gigantic storm rolled in.  I had heard from Twin #1 right before that, and she was at the AK bus stop.  She was under cover, but the rain was blowing in sideways.

I got this text from her:

pinacolada_zps3d52bdfe.jpeg

I'm not going to lie.  I love that kid's sense of humor.  She has always been funny.

As 6:00 neared, I started to think about dinner.  We had talked about getting some of the special food they were going to serve at the party, but that was a long way off.  The party didn't start until 8, so the special food probably wouldn't be available until then.

I remembered that fried chicken Twin #1 had gotten in the food court here a couple of weeks ago.

I texted her and asked her if she wanted to split an order with me- we'd get one piece each.  That would tide us over until the party.

Of course she said yes.

I went and ordered it.

This is what I got.  It's not a GAG, but not bad for $9.99.  No extra charge for all white meat:

82314001_zps6ae5e417.jpg

I chose red beans and rice for my side.  Wow, those are good!  I am going to go back some time and see if I can just get the sides.

Twin #1 showed up and helped me eat all that.

We enjoyed to giant scary floating heads.  I wanted to get a photo of this one to show its size:

82314003_zps58be77ad.jpg

Twin #1 used the restroom there to change, and then we were ready to go.

The good news was that that giant storm was finished, and the sun was trying to come out.

I was worried about that closed entrance and possible traffic problems, so I suggested we should take the bus there.  Twin #1 agreed, so we headed to the bus stop.  My transportation pixie dust must have gotten used up on our recent trips, because we stood there for a good 15 minutes while every bus came and left but a DHS bus.  In that time, the bus stop got full.  And to add to the fun, a couple pulled up on ECV's.  With their large family accompanying them.  No way were we all going to get on the next bus.  If it ever came.

I made an executive decision.  I said we need to bail on the bus and drive.

Of course, as we walked away from the bus stop, we saw a Hollywood Studios bus pulling in to the resort.

Still, the scene at the bus stop with all of those people and the ECV's wasn't going to be pretty.

In case you're not familiar with where DHS is in relation to POFQ, here's a map where I drew the normal driving route in Orange (I couldn't use my purple crayon because of all the purple on the map).  But, we couldn't go in the normal entrance, so we had to follow detour signs.  I've marked the route in yellow.  If you think that's nuts, you're right.  They had us drive at least twice as far as we needed to.  Idiots:

detour_zps2b105a3e.jpg

The good news is that there were no traffic or parking problems.  We got right in and had a parking space close enough that we could walk up to the entrance without taking the tram.

It took us longer to get there than we had planned, and rather than stand around and wait for us, Twin #2 and her friend had gone to get in the merchandise line. For this event, they had all the merchandise in one location, in the back of the park, by the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground area.  Twin #2 heard that they planned to open up before 8, so she was hoping to be in and out of there before the party actually started.  That ended up being a good plan.  This is the merchandise line at 7 pm.  Twin #2 was already through that line and in the store buying her stuff when we arrived:

82314004_zpsb9f8f966.jpg

It wasn't long before we saw guests who were rocking their Disney side.  Like this guy:

82314005_zpsc24276ef.jpg

I asked Twin #1 who he was.  She said someone from the movie Meet The Robinsons.  She guessed that because the guy was accompanied by a girl dressed as Bowler Hat Guy:

82314006_zps4e2a1af4.jpg

I think this girl is supposed to be the fox from Pinocchio:

82314007_zps05417c1f.jpg

And this guy holding up the pole is the oldest pirate I've ever seen who was not a skeleton:

82314008_zps1ff6ce41.jpg

If you are a careful TCD TR reader, you may remember that earlier this year, at the 24 hour event in the MK, we ran into a guy dressed as Stinky Pete from Toy Story.  Well, guess who was here tonight?  Dude is getting his money's worth out of that costume.  He's in the back center of this photo:

82314009_zps42b71eb3.jpg

And to the right of center in this one:

82314010_zpsa392f84e.jpg

That queue you see over to the right of the photo was for two characters who have never appeared before- a hamster looking guy and a giant fish looking guy- both from the Stitch movie and TV shows.  The girls wanted to meet these characters because they are rare, but the signs posted said they wouldn't be coming out until either 9 or 9:30, I can't remember which.  The people standing there now were committing themselves to a two hour wait.  Maybe longer. 

The thing to keep in mind is that this whole party ran only from 8 to 1.  That's 5 hours.  Really more like 4 1/2, because the fireworks were at 12:45, and you would need at least 15 minutes to find a place to watch those.  The party cost $70 a head after tax.  Spending two hours of that time waiting in a line isn't too wise.

Twin #2 and her friend had come up with a pretty good plan.

There was an opening show at 8 on the main stage.

Then some kind of show in the Beauty and the Beast Theater at 8:30.

And then Fantasmic after that.

That's how we would start out the party.

Then, we would go and meet some characters.

There were going to be 50 at the this party.

The lines would be short, we figured.

So, we headed for the stage.

We got a pretty good spot.  Not in the center, but not too far back.  And, we had an escape route that we planned to take in order to get to that 8:30 show.

Hey, there's Pain and Panic:

82314012_zps641e7516.jpg

And here's Twin #1 with a kid who thought it would be a good idea to dress up in a 100% burlap Oogie Boogie costume on a day with a "feels like" temperature over 100 degrees:

82314013_zps1395c524.jpg

I have to admit I like the costume.

Everyone was here.

Even Gaston.  I think he was texting Belle:

82314016_zpsf1dd050d.jpg

Hey, it's Dr. Facilier:

82314017_zps30364024.jpg

I tried to get a photo of Hades over there in the crowd, but he was busy calling Meg:

82314020_zps383a9639.jpg

The entrance to the Brown Derby was right behind us. But tonight it was a special club- Club Evil, and was closed until 8.  Inside there, they were going to serve small plate dishes, and have villains walking around.  We thought we would check that out if we had time:

82314021_zps8f91bcb7.jpg

I guess these are Cinderella's step sisters.  But, there seems to be an extra one:

82314031_zps73ce61cc.jpg

Whoa.  Now here's a couple of scary villains.  Phyllis Diller and crypt-keeper Maleficent:

82314033_zps7511b975.jpg

Here's another Pain and Panic.  There were at least a dozen such duos, in all shapes and sizes:

82314034_zpsda7a6706.jpg

I am fairly certain that this guy in the dress shirt and bow tie is in a costume- but it could be he just wanted to dress up fancy.  I don't know who he's supposed to be if it's a costume:

82314036_zps54758544.jpg

It was 7:20 when we showed up.  I wonder what time that guy in the mom jeans had to show up to get that spot in the very front?:

82314038_zps5547e71f.jpg

There were some guys behind us with light up costumes.  I asked the girls if they knew who they were supposed to be.  The girls said to look at the lady with them.  With the wig. She's Ursula.  So they're her eels, Flotsam and Jetsam:

82314040_zps55cec8f8.jpg

That's pretty clever.

As time went on, Gaston got anxious and called Belle, while Oogie Boogie lost his head:

82314041_zps84408b10.jpg

By 7:50 pm, it was starting to feel a little crowded:

82314043_zps1a1d50d1.jpg

When he turned, I saw that the guy in the front row had some kind of critter on his shoulder, but I don't know what it was:

82314044_zpsa3487834.jpg

The show was supposed to being at 8, but at 8:02, nothing was happening.  Except they were projecting this logo on the big screen:

82314047_zpsd9276c89.jpg

I was wrong about it being crowded at 7:50.  This is when it got crowded:

82314049_zps598bf9a8.jpg

The crowd grew restless.

This wasn't good.

At 8:06, though, they began a countdown in Greek-looking numbers on the screen.

This was the 2:

82314051_zpsb85930e5.jpg

And, the show began!

Meg came out first.

With Pain and Panic:

82314053_zps6e71183f.jpg

But Meg was not the star of the show.

She was there to introduce him.

We will see him in the next update.

And see some of the 50 villains who were about to be unleashed.

See? So far everything is great!

TCD

You may be surprised to hear this, but I have a Po Boy story to tell. 

Back in the summer of 2005 I was traveling to remote south Louisiana attempting to underwrite a loan to a small hospital there.  The hospital was in a small town called Cameron, which is on the gulf coast due south of Lake Charles.  (WBI probably knows where I'm talking).  Cameron existed, as best as I could tell, for two reasons....oil and shrimp.  The town serviced both some offshore rigs as well as being near the outlet of the waterway up to Lake Charles, and there were lots of shrimp boats that would go out from there. 

Anyways, there wasn't much in town, but out past the hospital was a small concrete block grocery which had picnic tables inside for serving lunch.  They did the standard meat and three plate lunches, but they also made fresh shrimp po boys.  And I mean fresh.  The shrimp were literally coming directly off a boat to the restaurant...and they baked their own french bread. 

I've never in my life before or since had po boys like those.  I dream about them to this day. 

As a side note to the story.....despite trying hard I wasn't able to justify the loan so I killed the deal.  There simply wasn't enough volume at the hospital once you removed the occasional lucrative but sporadic business coming from the rigs.  And it's a good thing I killed it, because a couple of months later Hurricane Rita came ashore in Cameron destroying the town....and all that was left of the hospital was the concrete slab it stood on.  (Sadly, the same is true of that little grocery). 

So there you go....more than you ever wanted to know about Po Boys in Cameron, LA. 

That's a great story and I think you are exactly right about the oil and shrimp, I guess you could also add cows, there's actually a lot of cattle in that area.  I live about an hour north of Cameron and even though I've been there a lot, I've only been once in the last two years and that was my first time since the hurricanes.  There is no way I can describe how much it has changed so I won't try, but you are right about most of it being gone.  The old courthouse did survive, and they've rebuilt quite a few things like schools (up on piers) and houses, and the hospital is back but in a new spot and I seem to remember it being made up of mostly portable buildings but I'm not too sure about that.

I need to take a trip down there, its a nice drive for some scenery and seeing alligators crossing the road.  Holly Beach is down there too but its up there with the grossest beach I've ever been too, anyway that area is still a good place to get shrimp and go crabbing (more useless Cameron knowledge).

What a beautiful story.

But that ending is really sad.

That gas station/restaurant sounds like my kind of place.

Tampa is famous for Cuban Sandwiches, and there are a number of places that look like dives that serve fantastic Cuban Sandwiches.  That place in Cameron sounds like one of those places.

Whenever I visit New Orleans, I always get an oyster Po Boy at Acme Oyster House.  That's the first place I ever had one, and I've never found a place that serves a better one.

TCD

I agree I like those kind of places.

I have to be honest, coming from Southwest Louisiana, I had many trips to New Orleans where I didn't enjoy any of the food.  We always compared it to home and most of the time it was no contest.  That being said our last trip we tried some new places that were really good, different style but still good.

New Orleans certainly has good food....but I've found the best food for me is in the area around Lafayette and then west toward Lake Charles.  Especially areas like Rayne and Breaux Bridge.  I've hurt myself eating in those places.  Coincidentally....one of my borrowers is filing bk soon in the Western District of Louisiana.  Hopefully I'll be deposed.  :)   

Man Dave, you really know your south Louisiana!  I fully agree about the food, Cajun country has better food than New Orleans!

Let me know if you come down to this area, we'll find some place to hurt ourselves with seafood and Abita beer!

I have never been anyplace in Louisiana other than New Orleans.  When I've gone, I've flown in and taken a cab right to the same hotel a block off Bourbon Street, and then have not gone anywhere further than where I could walk.

Before she choose Auburn, my oldest daughter was considering LSU for grad school.  She visited Baton Rouge a couple of times, and really liked it.  Twin #1 has already informed me that she will be attending the UF v. LSU game next year.  She may or may not allow me to tag along.

You are a guy after my own heart- you're happy to get grilled by a bunch of sharks as long as you get a Po Boy out of the deal?

TCD

Funny thing is I usually did the same thing in New Orleans, drove straight to the French Quarter and never ventured out.  But once you start finding the local places in New Orleans the food gets better in my opinion, but as I said above its still not the same as further west.

TCD let me know if you go to the LSU game, I haven't been to one in years so I'm ready to get back over there.  Their tailgating is really something to see, lots of amazing food.

We actually had a cochon de lait once right off the side of the road near the stadium with a full open fire.  How we got away with that I have no idea but it made a good story and that pig was eaten in a matter of minutes from all the people that came by.

WBI

OK, so far it doesn't seem too bad. The people's costumes make it more interesting. I think I know the problem for a party at DHS... there aren't rides to disperse the people.

Funny story about Flotsam and Jetsam... after the family costumes for Halloween last year, Z decided we need them this year. He said I should be Ariel, and he would be Prince Eric. I told him no way was I going to be Ariel, maybe his sister could. I asked if I could be Ursula... he's REALLY afraid of her, so I figured he'd say no and move on to another idea. He said I could if I promise not to sing and that he and Jason could be Flotsam and Jetsam. I'm hoping he forgets this idea. PLEASE

The start of that show reminds me of Villains Tonight from the Disney Dream.  I loved that show.  Any similarities? 

Yes, the shows are similar.  At least in the beginning.  The primary difference is that on DCL, Pain and Panic speak.  Here, they didn't.

The Hades role is very similar.  This Hades came out cracking jokes, just like on the ship.  He had quite a few directed at Frozen, which I thought were funny.

After that, the similarities end.  On the ship, there's a story and plot.  Here, the show was just to introduce all the villains.

TCD let me know if you go to the LSU game, I haven't been to one in years so I'm ready to get back over there.  Their tailgating is really something to see, lots of amazing food.

We actually had a cochon de lait once right off the side of the road near the stadium with a full open fire.  How we got away with that I have no idea but it made a good story and that pig was eaten in a matter of minutes from all the people that came by.

WBI

I will let you know.  It's over a year away, though.

I've heard about the tailgating at LSU, and I would love to see it in person.

I think was a dead Iago on Jafar's shoulder.

Good one!

Funny you should mention Iago.  I have a funny Iago story to tell from this night.

Stay tuned for that.

OK, so far it doesn't seem too bad. The people's costumes make it more interesting. I think I know the problem for a party at DHS... there aren't rides to disperse the people.

Funny story about Flotsam and Jetsam... after the family costumes for Halloween last year, Z decided we need them this year. He said I should be Ariel, and he would be Prince Eric. I told him no way was I going to be Ariel, maybe his sister could. I asked if I could be Ursula... he's REALLY afraid of her, so I figured he'd say no and move on to another idea. He said I could if I promise not to sing and that he and Jason could be Flotsam and Jetsam. I'm hoping he forgets this idea. PLEASE

Yeah, things started off fine.  Of course, we're not even 30 minutes in to the party yet.

Oh man, those would be some epic costumes!  There were several Ursulas in attendance at this party.  There's one coming up that you won't want to miss.

I love the people watching pics from these parties.

I think the new era has and will continue to be good for you.

I love the people watching too.  That might be the best part for me.

Which reminds me.

The Halloween parties are starting soon.  I need to make some plans.

TCD

We left off with the opening show at the special Villains Unleashed event at Hollywood Studios on August 23rd.

But, let me back up for a minute. There's some stuff I think we all need to look at before we move on.

First, there were no wristbands for this event.  Instead, they had a few lines at the entrance dedicated to guests entering with party tickets, and they had CM's there distributing lanyards to those coming in.  There was also a place in the park, across from Toy Story, where guests with party tickets could have their tickets scanned and get their party credentials. This is what the lanyards looked like, and also a copy of the map that was distributed at the park entry:

82314231_zpse96b1823.jpg

This is what the map looked like as you opened it- they broke down where guests could meet villains, and told you where to find the special food and drinks:

82314232_zps3c1f7894.jpg

Opening the map further, this flap lists the shows available for the night, including the Oogie Boogie Freaky Funhouse Show and a special Fantasmic pre-show:

82314233_zpsa7837c59.jpg

Please be sure to read the descriptions of these shows, as we will be taking a look at both in future updates of this report.

The Fantasmic description promises some kind of special pre-show including a gang of henchmen:

82314234_zps2450cd4f.jpg

The Oogie Boogie show doesn't really tell us what to expect, other than there will be some kind of extreme performances, whatever that means:

82314235_zps409cc816.jpg

As far as special food goes, it looked like the only thing we might be in the market for was the special hot dogs, and those were only offered at one location.  We duly noted that fact:

82314236_zps1cf44213.jpg

Here's something I haven't heard mentioned anywhere yet.  Look here on the last page, where they tell about future events at the parks- look there at the bottom- they're saying to look for more villainous events in 2015.  What does that mean?:

82314237_zps12300acf.jpg

Before this opening show started, we planned out how we would begin the party.  First was this opening show. Then, on to Oogie Boogie.  It was just down the street, and we assumed that there would be enough time to get there for the 8:30 show.  Then, we would head down the street for Fantasmic.  We planned to just see the special opening part, and then leave and grab a hot dog when we assumed a lot of the guests would be in watching the rest of Fantasmic.  Then, we would start to meet some villains, and readjust our plans as needed. You may have noticed that there were no rides in the plan.  We decided to do the things that we couldn't do during a normal park visit first.  We would save the rides for later.  it was a solid plan.

Now, back to the show.

Meg introduced the star of the show, Hades:

82314057_zpsa5e5454e.jpg

You can see a little bit of fire over there on the left.  There was actually a lot of fire- I just missed it in the photo.

Then Hades was joined by some dancers.  Makes sense:

82314058_zps4acb41f7.jpg

The female dancers fought over Hades.  That made sense too:

82314059_zps3421ca77.jpg

There was some banter, and some joke telling, then Hades commenced with introducing the 50 villains who were present tonight.  He, Meg, and Pain and Panic were the first four:

82314061_zpsc4547d1c.jpg

Then a steady stream of villains were introduced and made quick appearances on the stage.  The Queen was a little different.  First she came out:

82314064_zpsff6ae3dd.jpg

Then they blew heavy smoke into the audience:

82314065_zps9d176f66.jpg

And, next thing you know, the queen was now the witch.  How did they do that?:

82314070_zpsb40428cb.jpg

The villains kept coming. Here's Bowler Hat Guy:

82314071_zpsb4b6e633.jpg

If you think he's obscure, then check out these two:

82314073_zps839aad91.jpg

Do you know who they are?

That one on the left is Dr. Hampsterviel, and the one on the right is Captain Gantu.  They're from Lilo and Stitch.  I'll take their word for it.  From what I've understand, this is the first time these two characters have ever appeared at a Disney Park. The girls wanted to get photos with them.

When Gaston was introduced, the loudest squeal of approval came from the dude I posted a photo of earlier who was dressed as Gaston.  To no one's surprise Belle never showed up to meet him, and he was traveling solo:

82314077_zpsf70b263b.jpg

Although the characters were coming and going quickly,  I realized that this show was going to take a lot longer than the 10-15 minutes I thought it would.  It takes a long time to introduce 50 villains.  But, they did speed things along by introducing groups of villains, like this group from Pinocchio:

82314079_zpsc81217fc.jpg

And Captain Hook and Smee:

82314081_zps0bdcc589.jpg

The hyenas from Lion King came out as a group. They were listed as roaming characters, and the girls hoped to somehow get a photo of the three of them together.  We've never heard of that being something that could be done before:

82314083_zps895febe0.jpg

Somewhere in here, they cheated and sped things up by naming all of the Star Wars Dark Side villains who were here tonight.  They just red off the names, and none of them appeared on stage.

Jafar had pyrotechnics accompany his introduction:

82314084_zpscc499883.jpg

Then came Frollo:

82314087_zpsace8a422.jpg

And Cruella:

82314089_zps48da2793.jpg

They broke out the smoke machines again for the Big Bad Wolf:

82314090_zps6eed6cfb.jpg

I guess Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear count as villains, and I don't think they're regularly out to meet anymore:

82314092_zps8fd9fdde.jpg

Lady Tremaine and the step-sisters are also villains:

82314094_zps202d2d89.jpg

They brought us into the 40's, but we still had a few more to go before reaching 50.

So, out came Gov. Ratcliffe:

82314095_zpscdd124c3.jpg

I took that photo at 8:23.

That Oogie Boogie show was at 8:30.

We needed to boogie ourselves.

So, I missed the last few villains as we fought through the crowd to get to the Beauty and the Beast theater.

Oogie Boogie better be worth it.

At this point, we had used up a half hour of our party time.

Since we planned to get our places for the fireworks at 12:30, that left us with exactly 4 hours to enjoy all that there was to offer.

Let's see how we did.

TCD

Yes, the shows are similar. At least in the beginning. The primary difference is that on DCL, Pain and Panic speak. Here, they didn't.

The Hades role is very similar. This Hades came out cracking jokes, just like on the ship. He had quite a few directed at Frozen, which I thought were funny.

After that, the similarities end. On the ship, there's a story and plot. Here, the show was just to introduce all the villains.

I will let you know. It's over a year away, though.

I've heard about the tailgating at LSU, and I would love to see it in person.

Good one!

Funny you should mention Iago. I have a funny Iago story to tell from this night.

Stay tuned for that.

Yeah, things started off fine. Of course, we're not even 30 minutes in to the party yet.

Oh man, those would be some epic costumes! There were several Ursulas in attendance at this party. There's one coming up that you won't want to miss.

I love the people watching too. That might be the best part for me.

Which reminds me.

The Halloween parties are starting soon. I need to make some plans.

TCD

Sept 26 party. Join us. My costume will be hilarious for those who figure it out.

Great pictures!  I don't know how you keep all those characters straight.

You don't know them all?  I think the only ones I didn't know were the two from Lilo and Stitch.

That show actually looks cool.

It was good.  Maybe a little on the long side, but it was a good way to introduce the night. 

It was a good thing we left before the end though, or we wouldn't have made it to the 8:30 Oogie Boogie show.

I can't believe that simply putting a character's image on a hot dog bun makes it something worthwhile.  That's all they could come up with? 

Wait till we get to the hot dog part of this report.

Spoiler alert- very lame.

No Star Wars characters?

Guardians of the Galaxy? Do characters appear from the movie?

What about that whole Marvel thing with east of the Mississippi?

Not a fan of stamped buns.

Hades mentioned that there were Star Wars characters, and then said that they counted as villains number 25-37.  None of them came out on stage.

I'll respond about Guardians of the Galaxy below.

What is the Marvel east of the Mississippi thing?

Sept 26 party. Join us. My costume will be hilarious for those who figure it out.

I'll see what I can do.

The twins say there are discount nights for CM's.  I'm not sure if they can buy tickets for guests.

They had an Awesome Mix Tape Dance party with Star Lotd and Gomorra(sp)

Yes, the dance party is described here at the bottom of the map:

82314233_zpsa7837c59.jpg

The map suggests that Korath and Nebula will be there.  I have seen the movie, but I wasn't clear on who they were.  There are quite a few bad guys in the movie.

There was no mention of these villains or the dance party from the stage.  No Guardians of the Galaxy villains were mentioned in the count of 50.  And the map doesn't actually come out and say that there will be any characters there.

Lucky you- we will eventually make it by the dance party, and we will see for ourselves if there are any villains in there.

TCD