BLT, Not just a sandwich anymore.

It is time to start a new trip report.

Our trip will start later on today, hopefully we will be on the road at 10.  I have no clue how long it is going to take us to get there from North Carolina.  Last two times that we went, we took our RV.  This time we are taking the Toyota Prius.

We are not staying at the Fort this trip.  I am a member of the DVC, no Fort DVC please, and decided to book at Bay Lake Tower (BLT) for this upcoming trip.  Somehow it worked out that I had enough points for a week at a 2-bedroom Lake view.  We will see what view I will actually get.  We do not check in to BLT till Sunday.

So where am I staying tonight, Saturday and Sunday?

Saturday and Sunday we booked a while through Jason to stay at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room.  I had to waste days of a weekend, we have an Annual Pass that expires at the end of the trip, so adding on days at the beginning is costing us hotel and food.

Our original plan was to leave Friday, try to hit the Magic Kingdom and then do some Girl stuff on Saturday.  I forgot to mention that my Sister-in-law, Brother-in-law and 3 Sons will be joining us.  That means that there will not be as much Girly stuff done when they are with us starting on Sunday.  Well, Disney had to add the Frozen stuff to DHS and we really did not have time or plans to do much at DHS.  I changed some of my schedule around and was able to pick up an extra day of vacation.  That means that we can leave Thursday, try to do some stuff at the Magic Kingdom Thursday night and hot DHS for Frozen stuff on Friday and still do Girly stuff on Saturday.

Thursday night(Tonight) we are staying at the Comfort Suites off of Palm Pkwy.  Decent price for the location and they have a big area for Breakfast.

For those that have my last two trip reports, I hope to finish this one much sooner than the others.  It all depends on how quickly I can get the pictures uploaded to Photobucket.

We pre-purchased the Memory Maker.  With two families going we should hopefully be able to get a lot of pictures with the Photopass Photographers.

We will be relying on Disney transportation for most of the trip since the In-laws are flying in from CT.  We will also be making a shopping trip to the grocery stores to make use of the Kitchen and Grills at BLT.  We have HDDR and Chef Mickey's and then my DW and I are going to Brown Derby and dining with an Imagineer.  We also got FP+ for BOG.

Hopefully this gives a little insight to the trip.   I will try to post throughout the trip.  Most likely no pictures involved.

Thanks for Joining.

jon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!

We have stayed at BLT twice now and will be doing a Fort(5)/BLT(9)split stay in January/February.

We stay in a one bedroom lake view. FYI, many of the lake view rooms are actually lake view/theme park views. Those would be even room numbers ending in 2 thru 12. Those are on the outside of the horseshoe on the north side.

We have watched wishes from our balcony several times with the music playing on one of the resort TV channels.

If you are wondering about what other views/room request options there are, feel free to post something here or PM me your number and I will be glad to talk to you more about it.

I have some room pics and view pics in the 2nd and 3rd trip reports in my signature.

When we had a 2 bedroom at AKL (it was an unexpected upgrade!) that thing was so massive the Brady Bunch could have fit in there with us.

That is interesting.  I've never been one but always wondered how big they were.