Blessings upon Blessings Trip Report

This might be a stork.   

He/she is missing a foot!

But not letting that stop his fishing. :)

657E0FB5-7EDB-444E-9CD6-723079B21D8D_zps

Hey- I know that bird.

From my visit to the Fort on September 7, 2014:

Since I was here, I needed a Bike Barn photo.  That weird bird didn't fly off:

9614140_zpsfedef245.jpg

This bird is weird.  I can't recall seeing one that looked like this one around here before.  And, it seems to not be afraid of humans, because it still hadn't flown off:

9614141_zps85363d74.jpg

Wait, that poor bird is missing a foot.  Look:

9614142_zps4502d818.jpg

9614144_zpsd38640c9.jpg

That looks like a bread bag sitting there on the table.  That rectangular thing on the top left side of the table is a sign saying not to feed the wildlife.  I guess some ding dong brought the bread down here and left it.  And I guess that poor bird with only one foot wants some.  This whole scene made me sad.  Poor bird.

TCD

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, hopefully this worked.  This is the photopass video of our Seven Dwarves Mine Train Ride.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfceXi3ooI&feature=youtu.be

Here is the ride video for Tower of Terror.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU6Tf7ZPrfk&feature=youtu.be

From there, we checked to see if there any FastPass+’s were available for the 7 of us.  We were able to book for Buzz, so we went to ride that again.           Next we made our way over to the cas

This might be a stork.   

He/she is missing a foot!

But not letting that stop his fishing. :)

And these hawk photos!! WOW!  Good eye there and fast camera work.  Could you tell what was in his/her talons? 

Looking at the head in the middle photo I wonder if this is an owl?  And the feet dragging low like that while in flight also make me think it might be an owl?  Just guessing because I am not a serious birder, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once!

Marty - these photos and the trip report are great.  I was so tempted to try and follow along yesterday, but did not want to try and view the photos on my phone.  Took a while to get caught up but it was worth the wait to see them on the bigger screen.  Really enjoying this.

Sorry about the rain and the wet shoes, sore feet, but I bet it was still worth it.

Hey- I know that bird.

From my visit to the Fort on September 7, 2014:

TCD

Okay, 19yo says the bird at the tennis courts was definitely an owl, but she did not see anything in its talons.

She asked the CM's at the Meadows Trading Post about the one-footed stork.  They were clueless.  Color me surprised.

Dan - Thanks for reading along!  You are right - no amount of rain or sore feet could keep me away from Disney and the Fort!

When we last left our intrepid explorers, we had just gotten back to the Magic Kingdom!  The bulk of our touring on Tuesday had been in TomorrowLand and FantasyLand.  Today was scheduled to be in AdventureLand.  We headed there.  I had not told the offspring, but I was hoping to catch Peter Pan at his new Meet and Greet spot.  My 19yo likes Peter Pan even more than Gaston.

Success!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7062271

79181073-4B8D-401C-A7A8-AE1E18CD8D44_zps

Peter giving 19yo a hard time about the time on her Magic Band.

Signing autograph for 7yo.

Then we went back to Pecos Bill's for another late lunch.

D39130B8-C848-48A2-B8F6-CCCB681A8C7D_zps

From there, we redeemed our FastPass+ for the Jungle Cruise.  I was worried that my earlier ticket trouble would mess up my FP+, but it worked just fine.  

"There it is, Folks.  The moment you have all been waiting for - the backside of water!"

B52AE8E7-B662-44F2-8666-0DC482DDC75D_zps

After this, I had wanted the offspring to do the Swiss Family Treehouse.  The younger two really wanted to do the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.  Given my foot troubles, i elected to do Aladdin with the younger ones and let the older ones do the Treehouse without me.  

Treehouse pictures.

ACA260C7-500A-4EBD-BE24-7425186A698D_zps

A48C951E-8418-4EAE-8729-82C710782C2F_zps

7B6C68A0-A99C-4AC8-AE04-E7A3D6499CDB_zps

A28F6092-857A-4BBF-B13E-63EB67E0C03B_zps

FAB0F129-407B-4924-8F6A-231091DA429F_zps

94409231-2226-4C25-80F9-A3F032A2F34F_zps

CB0ABD4A-5777-44E7-9647-BFAAD278C4B7_zps

8AAE2418-54BA-4F04-8E92-EF8CF3FF7708_zps

F5CA3B49-433D-456D-9C3E-14E41105AE22_zps

Next was our FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  Bekah and I waited in the shade while the rest of the offspring went to do that.

No ride photo. :(

Next was our FP+ for Splash Mountain.  This was where I ran into trouble with my MagicBand.  The scanner said i did not have any FastPass+'s booked on it.  The offspring had scanned in just fine.  The Cast member checked on it, then allowed me in with the family.  While the cast member was checking me, my daughter said other people got in who should not have.   :))

Wait!  What about 7yo who didn't want to ride anything like a roller coaster?  You guessed it - another bad mommy moment.  I really wanted to ride Splash Mountain.  My 7yo did not enjoy it too much, but she got through it.  At least you can't see how scared she is in the ride photo.  LOL

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7062429

After that, we went to Tom Sawyer's Island.  Unfortunately, I did not get to explore much.  My kids did have fun.  19yo snapped these in one of the caves.

995F504D-5C16-4C32-AC7D-2DEA0597CEEC_zps

ACC72FC0-3F14-407B-A2FD-470E51B31F25_zps

We were still on the island when the Festival of Fantasy Parade started.  It was an okay place to watch from.  We were in shade with water fountains and bathrooms close by.  7yo watched some from in the mill on the island and said that was fun.  However, we had none of the fun of characters interacting with us like those on the parade route did.

After taking the raft back to the mainland, we made our way to the Haunted Mansion.  19yo had been meeting Anna and Elsa when we had ridden it on Tuesday and really wanted to ride now.  

B2DFAF51-5594-4172-813C-8642FFAD557F_zps

CEDC92E0-36EA-4DA8-AB55-57F7D2F501B9_zps

7yo didn't want to ride it again, so we waited by the exit.  I saw a Photopass Photographer taking photos by the hearse, so she and I got our photo taken.  I had told her to look scared, but she just smiled.  LOL

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7064483

Small rant:  This Photopass Photographer seemed bored, tired and unhappy.   :( Rant off.

I believe from there is when we went to the Hall of Presidents, although we might have gone when it was raining on Tuesday.  Either way, we enjoyed it.

Picture of Peter Pan's Flight queueing area.

5A397CC4-DC7A-47CE-9FC4-44A4C5A8F1DF_zps

Disneybounding photo. (Gaston)

03BF9E6D-CF35-49AA-B50A-4F1AB5FF47C4_zps

After that, we rode the Prince Charming Regal Carousel.  

8D968412-169B-472C-A3CC-5A8868FADAD7_zps

8BDC7069-713C-4E84-886D-570850918C93_zps

Next up:  More fun in the Magic Kingdom!

Looking at the head in the middle photo I wonder if this is an owl?  And the feet dragging low like that while in flight also make me think it might be an owl?  Just guessing because I am not a serious birder, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once!

Marty - these photos and the trip report are great.  I was so tempted to try and follow along yesterday, but did not want to try and view the photos on my phone.  Took a while to get caught up but it was worth the wait to see them on the bigger screen.  Really enjoying this.

Sorry about the rain and the wet shoes, sore feet, but I bet it was still worth it.

I think you are correct.  Was just looking at them again and thought the head in middle photo was not hawk like. 

Still, very good job to the photographer catching this bird in flight.  Plus the time of day would make it more likely to be an owl not a hawk.

Now back to reading.

I am hoping to finish this trip report today.

After the carousel, the offspring attempted to pull the sword from the stone.

9EBAD112-CB20-402C-9BB3-5DAA57570396_zps

6320F774-AC5D-4966-9F30-1F17E051FF53_zps

3C76AAD5-0C29-4478-ADC8-8F9A2C7E8B3C_zps

C7FD5CED-1A8A-4E95-B0D6-CE363B151FF9_zps

Picture of Cinderella's statue.

DA691FCE-5EEF-42D1-AD1E-3CCCC4B7738E_zps

From there, some wanted to look around in the breezeway under Cinderella's Castle.  Part of it was closed off because they were doing a show in front of the castle.

6D9CCC7B-B7A7-47B3-BF22-052C7D9F0036_zps

From there we went to TomorrowLand where some rode Astro Orbiter while others rode the People Mover.  I believe that was the time the lights were on in Space Mountain and we saw people being helped off the ride.   Sorry, no pictures.

Next, we did The Monster's Inc. laugh Floor and then the offspring all went to do Stitch's Great Escape.  I think I had more fun texting with friends and people watching but they enjoyed the ride.  By this time, it was almost 7pm and there was a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that night, so we slowly made our way to the exit.  We did some last browsing in the stores on our way out and 7yo bought a Minnie Mouse Head key chain.  

The Halloween Party started, but we were not shooed out of the park.  We saw Jack Skellington doing a meet and greet as we made our way to the restrooms by City Hall before leaving to catch our boat back to the Fort.

There was some shouting on the boat between a woman who had been taking pictures and a man who didn't want her taking pictures of his kids.  It sounded like it might come to blows, but the shouting finally died down.

When we got back to our site, there were balloons on our car.

F64A9633-FECD-4488-BCE6-355659E2AA94_zps

The offspring said there also some on the bicycles in the site next to ours.  We never did figure out what that was all about.  I had the younger offspring play with the balloons the next morning while the rest of us packed up to go home.  It had been a great vacation, but we were ready to go home and be dry.  (Speaking of which, it never rained that last day!  What a blessing!)

Here is a last picture.  It is 19yo with her favorite souvenir - a Stitch pillow pet.

B609AEB8-08A5-4D83-8EEB-D9D116712A79_zps

It was a fantastic trip, thanks in such a large part to so many of you.  My prayer is that the Lord will bless you for blessing us.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making this the trip of a lifetime!  :heartsmiley:

What a wonderful trip report, thanks so much for doing it your trip looked like you all had a blast........... except for maybe your 7 year old with all the big rides you had her do :rofl2:. Also liked that you explained the Disney bounding thing your 19 year old was doing I thought she did great with her outfits. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

You certainly covered a lot of material in your trip report! But how was the class? Did the kids like it? Did all your kids do the same class? We did one a few years ago at the Living Seas and our collective opinion was that it was pretty good, not outstanding.

Sorry to see this come to an end!

Wonderful trip report!  You out-did yourself.  I guess I will have to go back and read it again from the beginning because I don't want it to end either.   So, so, so glad you all had such a wonderful time. 

This report just ooooozes fun!!!!! I am soo happy for all of you!!

We really did have a ton of fun! :D

I especially love the disney-bounding Gaston jewelry! 

She has so much fun putting those outfits together. :)

Nooooooooooo, it can't be over already!!!! Went way to fast!!!

But it was an awesome trip report!

I know I really rushed through this, but I wanted to get it down while it was still fresh in my mind.  Do I get bonus points for finishing the trip report before the blisters have healed?  :lol:

What a wonderful trip report, thanks so much for doing it your trip looked like you all had a blast........... except for maybe your 7 year old with all the big rides you had her do :rofl2:. Also liked that you explained the Disney bounding thing your 19 year old was doing I thought she did great with her outfits. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Thank you for reading along! :)  I am pleased to report that my 7yo is still talking to me.  However, when she sees the ride photo from Splash, she still tells me how she didn't like any of the drops, not even the ones I called small drops.

What a fun time you had, rain and everything.  Thanks for all the photos and taking us along with you. 

And thanks for the meaning of Disney bounding.

:heartsmiley:

I'm with Carol. It went too fast.

I am so glad you and your offspring were able to take this trip.

I really couldn't have done it without help from the Fiends.  

:bravo:

Thank you, thank you!

I'm with Carol and Yvonne -- it did go too fast!

So happy that you were able to experience this trip with your offspring.

And your trip report is great!

:thank-you-smiley3:

You certainly covered a lot of material in your trip report! But how was the class? Did the kids like it? Did all your kids do the same class? We did one a few years ago at the Living Seas and our collective opinion was that it was pretty good, not outstanding.

Sorry to see this come to an end!

I found the class very interesting.  If I had more room in my house, I would definitely try the vertical gardening she taught us about.  I would love to have some salad makings right in the house!  The kids were not as interested, but didn't hate it.  I don't think I am raising any future horticulturalists but perhaps some of them will use what they learned in their own houses some day.  I had thought the class would be taught in or near the Living with the Land ride, so we did not ride it our first Epcot day.  The night before the class, I double checked the printout I had and it was taught at a building between Canada and the UK in the World Showcase.  (Wow, just typing that, I want to go back and explore that area better.)  We are hoping to ride Living with the Land if/when we return to WDW.

Thanks for sharing with us.  Nothing better than seeing how others enjoy Disney, well except enjoying in person yourself.  You are good mom and I am glad you got to go on Splash Mountain.

Thank you! :D

What a great trip!!! Thanks for sharing with us. 

Thank you for reading!

Wonderful report! Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome!

Wonderful trip report!  You out-did yourself.  I guess I will have to go back and read it again from the beginning because I don't want it to end either.   So, so, so glad you all had such a wonderful time. 

One of the reasons i love doing a trip report is that then I can go back and read it again.  And again.  

Great trip! I'm so happy you all had a great time.

Thank you!

Great TR Marty. And kudos to DD for her awesome pictures.

What an awesome trip!

I'm still behind but still reading.

I'll catch up soon. I hope.

:D

Thank you so much for sharing your trip photos. The sappy mom I am I found myself crying a lot because it looked like you had so much fun. Our trip in January was our last trip together as our full family, our oldest left for school this year. I think trips with older kids are so much fun. Our youngest though does not like roller coasters so I spent a lot of time on our last trip waiting with him, which was fine. 

The idea of Disney bounding is awesome, I hadn't heard of it but I will have to tell my kids about it, I imagine at least a couple of them will be doing it for our next trip. 

I may have to try the homeschool program, I had looked into it for this year but we knew we'd be doing a bunch of trips over the summer leading up to the oldest heading off so I knew financially it wouldn't be feasible. I'll consider it for another year. 

I also love that you went without your husband, not that he wasn't there but that you went anyhow and had a blast. I think I may consider doing a rental and only bringing the kids that can get away, it gets so hard as they get older and have so many activities. 

Anyhow back to your trip, it looked wonderful, the joy was definitely coming through. Your children are beautiful.