I'm actually disappointed by this... the track that you walk your child around is actually pretty darn small; I thought $5 was a fair price.  Guess I should be glad that our daughter is too big to ride them... we may let our son have his first pony ride here at our next visit, but it may be a one-time thing for us now.  I get that it's only $3 more (which let's face it, when you spend a few thousand a year to make your trips to Disney that $3 is small)...but $5 really did seem like a fair price for that small activity.

Just my 2 cents (or should I say... my 5 bucks :) ).

On a different note... the carriage rides.  We've never done one of these before and were considering a private one, but just noticed that the most (people) you can fit in is 4 adults and we will have 4 adults and 2 kids (7 and 2), so it looks like we'll have to do the longer group wagon ride if we want to try this.  If you've taken the wagon ride...thoughts on your experience?  I guess if our 2 year old gets restless, I can ask the driver to stop and we'll get out (note to self to remember the umbrella stroller).

I agree, $5 was a fair price for the short ride, especially when you had to walk with them.  Makes it harder to take pictures while holding the reins.

The wagon ride is the best bargain over there.  We took our then 7 and 3 year old granddaughters on it around Christmas a while back.  It was the 4 of us and one other couple.  We had a blast.  Got to see a lot of decorations.  It's plenty big, so a fidgety 2 year old should have enough wiggle room.  The last couple of times we tried to go on it were either rained out or sold out.  You do need to get there early to get tickets.  On the plus side only one person has to stand in line to pay and get the tickets.  Everyone else can wander and play.

We did the carraige ride years ago.  Two adults and two teens.  It was fun, but personally I don't think it was as good as the wagon ride. 

I guess it has it's place if you wanted something quieter and romantic, or the two themed rides they are offering.

$8 does seem a touch high for what it is, but I'll be shelling it out x2 anyhow. The girls love it and they're only this little once.

That's the truth.  I've watched all my girls (except Anna so far) outgrow them, and it's a very sad day when we are going to the Fort the first time they are too big for it.  It was especially sad when my 8 year old outgrew them....she LOVED riding Snow or Nemo each trip.  

That's the truth.  I've watched all my girls (except Anna so far) outgrow them, and it's a very sad day when we are going to the Fort the first time they are too big for it.  It was especially sad when my 8 year old outgrew them....she LOVED riding Snow or Nemo each trip.  

Same here... our daughter turns 8 in February, but she passed the height limit before she turned 7 (they were very sweet and let her ride one last time, when she was an inch past the limit).  Personally, I don't think they should have a height limit...weight, yes.  Of course, now she wants to ride the horses which I've told her that she has to wait until she's (at least) 11.  If we let our son ride the pony this trip, we're going to take her on a canoe ride (something she's always wanted to do) so she doesn't feel as though she's missing out...but, the canoe ride is definitely second best next to the pony ride.  Poor girl :(

They grow up much, much too quickly....  breaks a mama's heart.

Bobby says it was due to a demonstration by the ponies and a threat of a strike if the pony minimum wage was not raised. You raise the minimum wage, the cost gets passed on.