An EGG-cellent Weekend at Stone Mountain

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, let’s keep this short report rolling. We were enjoying the beautiful day…     And we started talking to our neighbor, Chris. Chris and his family were here for Eggtoberfest too. It was their firs

So now that I have finally joined the Fiends and since everyone is watching (no pressure) I will make my first post. It sort of feels like taking the protective covering off your new smart phone!   In

So let me get this straight.  You let some crazy lady you just met....at a campground of all places.....talk you into joining some internet group of people obsessed with a mouse?  You took advice from

That would be nice, but doubt it will happen! 

You never know.... (of course, I never play.)

If he still fits, let him sits I say.

Amen. It made it easier in this case for sure. 

Breakfast is over. It's time to post pood forn instead of teasing us with suggestively posed menus.

Hey, there were potato skins, sausage, steak, and poppers in that post. 

Is this always the same weekend each year?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the second Saturday in October. 

I think I have my planning down.

1st weekend of October go tailgate with Kelly & family at the Georgia/ Alabama game. That week following should if the schedule is the same as this year be Fall Break for the schools here. DH has an office in Atlanta for work. We could camp at Stone Mountain for the week. DH could go to work from there. The next weekend would be Eggtoberfest.

Now to convince DH that this is a good idea. Can you take care of this for me at the Memorial Day GG?

Hijacking away from Georgia for a few minutes...

Sunshine State Eggfest

Join us for our annual eggfest!
April 24-25, 2015
Brought to you by Wassi's Meat Market, Melbourne, FL. To be held at the Radisson Resort At the Port, Cape Canaveral, FL

Coming as a Taster?

Admission to get into the EGGfest as a TASTER is only $29.99 + tx. Tasters show up and get to taste all of the amazing food that the Cooks produce on the EGGS all day

https://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com/

Now back to our regularly scheduled kibitzing

Let’s start this update with a genius idea! S’mores without the mess…. Fill an ice cream cone with marshmallows and chocolate or Reece’s. Grill until melted.

IMG_9521.jpg

We hit the kids’ area.

IMG_9522.jpg

Z was pretty happy. There was a huge bounce house with slides inside, a really tall shark slide, and a climbing wall.

IMG_9529.jpg

While he played, we checked out the swag bag. Remember, every paid entry got one of these with admission, so we had 2.

We got BGE patio lights. We found out later, they retail for $30.

IMG_9523.jpg

No, Jason isn’t drinking 2 drinks. One of them is Z’s milk. One of the teams had been giving out milk and cookies to the kids. Very cute.

We also got a BGE citronella candle.

IMG_9524.jpg

And a shirt

IMG_9525.jpg

Lastly, there was a magnet and magazine that I didn’t take a picture of. Pretty good bag of goodies!

Back to the serious playing….

IMG_9526.jpg

IMG_9528.jpg

IMG_9535.jpg

There was also corn hole.

IMG_9536.jpg

Crap, I have to go to bed. 

Don't you just love people. They will spend a weekend making food for other people who come to eat it. And it looks like everyone had a good time. 

Love Z's celebrity look - wearing those glasses and being pushed around while he ate. He's in training.

Apparently, we're going to be those people that feed other people. Ha ha! 

I think I have my planning down.

1st weekend of October go tailgate with Kelly & family at the Georgia/ Alabama game. That week following should if the schedule is the same as this year be Fall Break for the schools here. DH has an office in Atlanta for work. We could camp at Stone Mountain for the week. DH could go to work from there. The next weekend would be Eggtoberfest.

Now to convince DH that this is a good idea. Can you take care of this for me at the Memorial Day GG?

This sounds like an EXCELLENT plan. 

Hijacking away from Georgia for a few minutes...

Sunshine State Eggfest

Join us for our annual eggfest!

April 24-25, 2015

Brought to you by Wassi's Meat Market, Melbourne, FL. To be held at the Radisson Resort At the Port, Cape Canaveral, FL

Coming as a Taster?

Admission to get into the EGGfest as a TASTER is only $29.99 + tx. Tasters show up and get to taste all of the amazing food that the Cooks produce on the EGGS all day

https://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com/

Now back to our regularly scheduled kibitzing

If you don't want to wait until April check out this site

http://www.biggreenegg.com/events/eggfests/

They have listing for the entire country.

There are 3 in FL in Novenber

Closest to the Fort is  Deland FL on 11/1.

Darn it, you stole my thunder. I was going to get people hooked and then tell them. ha ha! 

Thanks for the gamecock shout out! OMG all of that food looks so good! Funny we talked about Eggs at dinner tonight! Who knows maybe one is in our future! You should do marketing for BGE! You've sold me!

Glad you liked the tent. You should buy one. I was a TOTAL skeptic. Now, I have to have one. 

That was a nice bag of goodies plus food and drink included in the entry price seems like a good deal to me.........continue on now.

It was a good deal. I initially thought it was overpriced, but after going, I think it's worth it.

weekender,

Welcome to the madness, ah forum.

GDF, great TR.

Thanks for joining! 

Nice bag of goodies.

I'm confused as to why you clarified about Jason having 2 drinks in his hand Did you think we would judge?? :D   :doublebeer:

Good point. Y'all understand. :)

Let’s finish up the festival….

We decided to head over to the store to check out what they had.

On the way, we ran into this huge hunk of meat being cooking on an XL Egg.

IMG_9538.jpg

That’s a whole pork shoulder. Yum.

We also ran into a bit of a BBQ celebrity, Ray Lampe AKA Dr. BBQ. You might recognize him from the Cooking Channel or Food Network.

IMG_9539.jpg

He was cooking here at the festival in the BGE sponsored tent. We never did make it in there to eat.

Let’s check out the store.

These are new.

IMG_9540.jpg

Eggzilla… I wonder how much that thing weighs.

IMG_9541.jpg

Our next Egg, the Mini Max… it’s released next month.

IMG_9542.jpg

Yeah, we’re not going to pay that much for it though. We need to talk to our connection to see how much he’ll come off the retail price.

I guess those are all the pictures I took of the store. We bought some koozies, a shirt for Z, and a hat for Jason. #momnevergetsanything

Z had to put on the shirt right away. Here he is modeling both the hat and shirt.

IMG_9546.jpg

We checked out the live music, which was really good, but used more for a backdrop for the festival.

IMG_9543.jpg

Then it was time for more eating. This was one of my favorite things I tried that day, BBQ potato hash.

IMG_9544.jpg

It had BBQ, peppers, onions, potatoes, and a little bit of a spicy kick. We will be making this soon.

At this point, the lines were LONG. It wasn’t as pleasant as the morning at all.

Steak Sushi… wish I’d gotten a better picture. It was cooked steak.

IMG_9549.jpg

Here they are making it.

IMG_9551.jpg

This shows how long the lines were getting.

IMG_9552.jpg

Wings! But they’re not as good as ours.

IMG_9554.jpg

So with that, we decided to call it a day at the festival. We’d gotten full twice and exhausted our beverage tickets. UGA was beating Mizzou, and we wanted to watch the end of the game.

IMG_9559.jpg

I guess I didn’t do very good with the food pictures. I took a lot, but only managed to photograph a fraction of what we ate. That gives me a new appreciation for F&W bloggers.

We’ll pick up back at the campground in the next update. 

That's it?!? Almost no pood forn and having to put up with UGA!?! Tell Jason he has to turn in his eggs! You definitely need training .... All that potential (and misleading advertising), and we are left to drool over menus.

Our next Egg, the Mini Max… it’s released next month.

IMG_9542.jpg

Yeah, we’re not going to pay that much for it though. We need to talk to our connection to see how much he’ll come off the retail price.

I guess those are all the pictures I took of the store. We bought some koozies, a shirt for Z, and a hat for Jason. #momnevergetsanything

This very well might be in my near future... I like the size of it. How soon will you be getting it after it's released? I'll need a good review to know if it's money well spent :D

We also ran into a bit of a BBQ celebrity, Ray Lampe AKA Dr. BBQ. You might recognize him from the Cooking Channel or Food Network.

IMG_9539.jpg

He was cooking here at the festival in the BGE sponsored tent. We never did make it in there to eat.

Great job reporting on the Eggtoberfest.

I was trying to find out more about the company that makes the BGE's, and found their website.

They have a video on there with highlights from this year's Eggtoberfest, including a segment with Dr. BBQ.  Maybe y'all are in the video somewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7S-Kfs2bL4

TCD

This very well might be in my near future... I like the size of it. How soon will you be getting it after it's released? I'll need a good review to know if it's money well spent :D

Same here!

That Egg size looks perfect for camping and would be a good starter.

Kelly how much lower than retail can a person find one of those things?

Thanks

WBI

That's it?!? Almost no pood forn and having to put up with UGA!?! Tell Jason he has to turn in his eggs! You definitely need training .... All that potential (and misleading advertising), and we are left to drool over menus.

Hey, I went back and counted. There were 16 food pictures, not all good ones. And there are a couple more coming. 

How soon we'll get it will depend on pricing. And how nice my husband is until then. And if I book a cruise and bribe him with it.  :rofl2:

Great job reporting on the Eggtoberfest.

I was trying to find out more about the company that makes the BGE's, and found their website.

They have a video on there with highlights from this year's Eggtoberfest, including a segment with Dr. BBQ.  Maybe y'all are in the video somewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7S-Kfs2bL4

TCD

I watched some of it. I need to watch the whole thing when I get a chance later. I didn't realize the Eggulance was there to deliver the Mini Max. Cool. We talked to the guy they interviewed about the Mini Max. 

Thanks for posting, Kelly.  Interesting stuff that I won't see in person, so it was a fun read.  Looking forward to the rest of your adventures at Stone Mtn.  

You COULD see it... You'd love it. 

Same here!

That Egg size looks perfect for camping and would be a good starter.

Kelly how much lower than retail can a person find one of those things?

Thanks

WBI

That egg has the surface area of the small but is much lighter. I'm not sure how low I can get that one because it's brand new. I can get a medium without a nest for $500. 

That egg has the surface area of the small but is much lighter. I'm not sure how low I can get that one because it's brand new. I can get a medium without a nest for $500. 

Hopefully they will start to have these at Eggfest as well and we might be able to pick up a demo MiniMax.  I am enjoying my demo Large BGE!