Looks like too much late night craziness.

Funny... I'm actually surprised that Disney hasn't asked this sooner.  Not because the bright lights might be offensive to guests, but because they cost Disney money.  Now, I will say that there were sites in the 100 loop that oh. my. gosh.  Their (basic white) globe lights (so not seasonal), were sooooo bright.... pretty sure planes could have landed.  I've never seen lights that bright.  I was thankful that no one in a tent was (trying) to sleep next to them because there is no way you could have slept with those lights... it was like daylight at midnight.  Who knows.

As for offensive... top of this list is still the idiots in the GCs.   Seriously, just give me a bb gun.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dave, you probably didn't realize it, but you cut off part of that message. Here's the entire message.  

I am currently drafting a letter of my own: Dear Fort Wilderness Rangers, Due to the new "seasonal lights out policy" I would now like to enforce a rule of my own. We'll call it the "if you don't get

Since Tennessee folks generally leave Christmas (and every other season) decorations up all year, they don't quality as "seasonal", so I think we'll be good!  And just for Lou, I'll leave our beautifu

Oh no, I don't mean that.  These were very bright flood lights, not the smaller porch lights.  They very well may have forgotten about them anyway.  Didn't bother us at all, but I can assume it may have bothered those right next to them.

Weren't you in the 200 Loop?  We're probably talking about the same people...

I haven't seen any decorations that would bother the surrounding people at night. We are right by the road and the only noise we ever hear at night are the stupid horns on the Disney golf carts on the weekends. It just seems weird to me to get this letter today when it has been so quiet the past few days.

Since Tennessee folks generally leave Christmas (and every other season) decorations up all year, they don't quality as "seasonal", so I think we'll be good!  And just for Lou, I'll leave our beautiful inflatable inflated and lighted all night long.

And just for Lou, I'll leave our beautiful inflatable inflated and lighted all night long.

Fixed it.

I wonder iff this includes our Mickey Head lights, we leave ours on all night usually.

Mickey head lights, I need to get those for my car. Are they street legal?

Could the reason for this have nothing to do with the lights annoying other campers or the cost of the electricity?

It might be that they just want to reduce the site seeing by Fort campers in GCs and by those walking around the loops after 10pm.

It can get noisy and 10pm is quiet time.

Could the reason for this have nothing to do with the lights annoying other campers or the cost of the electricity?

It might be that they just want to reduce the site seeing by Fort campers in GCs and by those walking around the loops after 10pm.

Quite possibly.  I also think it's possible this has nothing to do with how quiet it's been this week, and more to do with how crazy it's about to get this weekend.

I'd love to hear an explanation of the reason for this new rule.

I vote it's just more idiocy from the IM"s.

TCD

Quite possibly.  I also think it's possible this has nothing to do with how quiet it's been this week, and more to do with how crazy it's about to get this weekend.

If that's the reason, total waste of time. No message is going to stop it. It's Halloween weekend and it will be going on way after 10.

I second it.

If that's the reason, total waste of time. No message is going to stop it. It's Halloween weekend and it will be going on way after 10.

I thought you were going to stop after work and make the rounds turning off breakers. :rofl2:

Hey I didn't say it wasn't a feeble attempt.

But that little bit of paper at least gives them something to point to when they show up at some rowdy site...

"Sorry folks, but per our flyer, you're supposed to shut off the lights and be quiet now."  (cue John Candy Wally World voice)

:rofl2:

"Sorry folks, but per our flyer, you're supposed to shut off the lights and be quiet now."  (cue John Candy Wally World voice

I'm working Friday and Saturday nights, so I won't show up at the Fort until 11pm on one of those nights.

I guess I'll have to bring a flashlight because with all the lights turned off, I won't be able to see anything.

I'd love to hear an explanation of the reason for this new rule.

TCD

The glow from the lights must be too much for the folks staying in the abomination. 

I am currently drafting a letter of my own:

Dear Fort Wilderness Rangers,

Due to the new "seasonal lights out policy" I would now like to enforce a rule of my own. We'll call it the "if you don't get rid of the flood lights at the comfort station that shine right into my face while I'm sleeping specifically in the site right next to the bathroom in the 2000 loop I am going to unscrew them all myself" policy.

PS: Keep up the good work :)

That's one of the pet names for the new Four Seasons Resort which was built on the old Eagle Pines golf course adjacent to the Fort.  You can read more about it here: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12572-four-seasons-news/?p=356161

TCD

Thanks for the link.

If I had known that was there I might have put on some overalls, borrowed an old blood hound and rented a canoe to paddle up the canal just to show them how the other half live.       :thtray: 

Thanks for the link.

If I had known that was there I might have put on some overalls, borrowed an old blood hound and rented a canoe to paddle up the canal just to show them how the other half live.       :thtray:

I hear banjos ...