Surprise, Santa, and a Shiny new AP Holder… A GDF Trip Report

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it’s time for another GDF trip report. This trip started small and ended up much bigger. Originally, I thought Z and I might drive down for a few days before Christmas to see some Disney lights

We’ve made it to December 26th, our last day. The plan for this day was to hit Animal Kingdom for a bit and then hang at the Fort and go to the Fiend Grand Gathering at DIT’s site.   We weren’t doing

Okay so I'm about half way done with this report.  It's keeping me sane on these hard days of adjustment.  We got home from China about a week and a half ago!  Yay!   Here's the boys at the airport!  

Kelly and my DD tried to talk me into staying later but I was exhausted my DW was waiting for us at our hotel.

We took a few pix as we exited the park

Here's what a beautiful 10 yr old looks like after getting off of a cruise at 8:00 am, picking up a rental car in Port Canaverl and driving to our DTD area hotel. Going straight to DTD for a lunch at Ragland Road and then to the fort for a GG. And then going to the MK with a wild Georgia woman.

I love her hair in this picture.

image_zpskmrrlj1d.jpg

I think we got back to our hotel close to 11:00 pm.

Ok it was a lot of fun going to the MK for just one ride.

Ray, she was a sweetheart. Especially after a long day like that. We also were "off the boat" that day as in we had driven into town with baby and come straight to the fort, suitcases still unpacked. Hopefully we will meet again under more rested circumstances :)

Okay so I'm about half way done with this report.  It's keeping me sane on these hard days of adjustment.  We got home from China about a week and a half ago!  Yay!

Here's the boys at the airport!  They all did great!  I'm so proud of my big boys and so glad we took them.

_ABJ8011-2_zps93e199b5.jpg

Question.  We were at HS one night when it closed early and we thought about taking the boat to the Boardwalk.  Well a CM told us that we had to go in EPCOT when we got there and we didn't have park hopper tickets.  So could we have just gone to the Boardwalk?  And if so was is there a bus from the Boardwalk to the Resorts?  

Okay so I'm about half way done with this report. It's keeping me sane on these hard days of adjustment. We got home from China about a week and a half ago! Yay!

Here's the boys at the airport! They all did great! I'm so proud of my big boys and so glad we took them.

Question. We were at HS one night when it closed early and we thought about taking the boat to the Boardwalk. Well a CM told us that we had to go in EPCOT when we got there and we didn't have park hopper tickets. So could we have just gone to the Boardwalk? And if so was is there a bus from the Boardwalk to the Resorts?

Congrats!!! Congrats!!!

Please post some more pix or maybe even do a TR.

Yes there is a boat that goes from HS to the Boardwalk. I don't know why he told you have to go to Epcot. The boat stops at boardwalk and yacht/beach Club before hitting Epcot. Unless for some reason the boats weren't running.

IIRC there are no buses that run from the Boardwalk area directly to any resort. The best way I know to get from the Boardwalk area to a resort is to walk thru Epcot and catch a bus to your resort but since you did t have a park hopper that wouldn't have been an option. I would have then taken the boat back to HS or a bus to DTD and caught a bus to my resort from there. But with all the construction I would have taken the boat.

Okay so I'm about half way done with this report.  It's keeping me sane on these hard days of adjustment.  We got home from China about a week and a half ago!  Yay!

Here's the boys at the airport!  They all did great!  I'm so proud of my big boys and so glad we took them.

Question.  We were at HS one night when it closed early and we thought about taking the boat to the Boardwalk.  Well a CM told us that we had to go in EPCOT when we got there and we didn't have park hopper tickets.  So could we have just gone to the Boardwalk?  And if so was is there a bus from the Boardwalk to the Resorts?  

Oh my cuteness!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you will share more pictures! 

Here's what a beautiful 10 yr old looks like after getting off of a cruise at 8:00 am, picking up a rental car in Port Canaverl and driving to our DTD area hotel. Going straight to DTD for a lunch at Ragland Road and then to the fort for a GG. And then going to the MK with a wild Georgia woman.

Your daughter looks adorable after that long day!  I noticed we don't have a photo of the worn out dad.  Good job taking her to the MK after that long day!

Wow!  Congratulations on the new addition to your family!  That photo is awesome.

TCD

So, let me see if I have this right. Back in July Kelly was dragged kicking and screaming and forced against her will to purchase APs for Z and herself. Then Kelly with the help of an adorable 10 year old girl, forced Ray to go to the MK and ride Space Mountain.

If anyone would like to come, kidnap me and force me to go to WDW, please just give me time to pack.

Whew.... Took me a week of reading in the morning between my oldest leaving for school and waking my middle child for school to read this report.  

What an amazing trip you had.  Z is so adorable!  I remember when my older son loved dressing up in costumes.  He used to want to wear them every where we went.   :wub:

My kids are late Christmas risers, too.  This year was actually the earliest they have ever gotten up but it was still after 8am.   In all the past years it's always been after 9.  I'd get on facebook and all of my friends would have already posted that their kids opened gifts and everyone was wanting to nap and I was just waiting on mine to get up the first time.

So, let me see if I have this right. Back in July Kelly was dragged kicking and screaming and forced against her will to purchase APs for Z and herself. Then Kelly with the help of an adorable 10 year old girl, forced Ray to go to the MK and ride Space Mountain.

If anyone would like to come, kidnap me and force me to go to WDW, please just give me time to pack.

Yes, that's pretty much what happened. Be careful out there!

Whew.... Took me a week of reading in the morning between my oldest leaving for school and waking my middle child for school to read this report.

What an amazing trip you had. Z is so adorable! I remember when my older son loved dressing up in costumes. He used to want to wear them every where we went. :wub:

My kids are late Christmas risers, too. This year was actually the earliest they have ever gotten up but it was still after 8am. In all the past years it's always been after 9. I'd get on facebook and all of my friends would have already posted that their kids opened gifts and everyone was wanting to nap and I was just waiting on mine to get up the first time.

Thank you for reading! The costume stage is a fun one. Kids who love to sleep late rock!

The Lodge bus and the Yellow bus are one in the same, perhaps the sign hadn't changed over yet?

Which reminds me..... If the boat line looks super long, run over to the bus stops and get on a Wilderness Lodge bus, then transfer to a Fort Wilderness bus, especially if it's cold, or raining. It will be much dryer and possibly faster!

Okay, I am home recovering from a stomach bug, so I have time to try to catch up.  I have made it to the top of page 10!

I wanted to thank all who had told me about this bus trick.  I did this at 2014 WWW when i was sick and tired and heading back to the Fort from MK by myself late one night.  So much better than a cold boat ride!

The crowd at that gathering looks so shady.  I'd of hated to be there.  

And Jason can protest all he wants....but he's a Disney Freak now like his wife.  The AP seals the deal.  That guy loves the Fort as much as anyone.  

It was great being able to share a loop with you all.  Hope to camp together again some day.  

Welcome back to the party! 

I read Jason your comments and he started laughing. He says there's some truth to your comments; the ONLY way he's going to Disney is if we stay at the Fort. He's serious about this too. They could offer a deluxe at pricing less than the Fort, and he'd still pick the Fort. That is a true Fiend. 

However, he says there's no way that he is a Disney Freak on my level. 

We really enjoyed camping near you guys and hope to do so again soon! 

Late to the game but finally thru. Z and Anna in their costumes was too cute!

Page 22 bragging rights to you! Those kids are cuties and a lot of fun. :)

Okay, I am home recovering from a stomach bug, so I have time to try to catch up.  I have made it to the top of page 10!

I wanted to thank all who had told me about this bus trick.  I did this at 2014 WWW when i was sick and tired and heading back to the Fort from MK by myself late one night.  So much better than a cold boat ride!

More page 22 bragging rights! Better late than never. I was wondering if you were going to show up. There are lots of Fiends in this report! 

One day I hope to be as knowledgeable about buses and some here, but I'm glad I do know a few tricks (or at least know where to ask). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just want to thank you *SO* much for this TR!! I am new to the site and spent two evenings reading every page of your awesome trip!! Your son is so adorable and your husband totally reminds me of mine!! Thank you for being so friendly and helpful with your posts.  And the community here is amazing!! I *had* to join in after reading thru (and figuring it out-I'm not very tech savvy)!!  Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be reading more as I impatiently await returning to the Fort for the holidays!!

I just want to thank you *SO* much for this TR!! I am new to the site and spent two evenings reading every page of your awesome trip!! Your son is so adorable and your husband totally reminds me of mine!! Thank you for being so friendly and helpful with your posts. And the community here is amazing!! I *had* to join in after reading thru (and figuring it out-I'm not very tech savvy)!! Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be reading more as I impatiently await returning to the Fort for the holidays!!

Thanks so much for your kind words! It was a great trip and my favorite Christmas of all time.