What is up, with the tub/showers in trailers!  Is there some reason why, they cannot figure out how to make one that will actually fit a grown adult??  We were at another RV show this weekend and there were one or two bunkhouse TT that had showers, which means that Tom could actually fit in there... but the ones with tubs, mercy... how is a grown man suppose to actually shower in there?

I've used the one in our hybrid a couple of times and it was a pain.  I was worried about splashing water so my thought was to get some sort of door on the next tub/shower, but I honestly don't think that Tom could fit in there if did that.  Honestly, even with a curtain it would be tough to fit him and he's "only" 6' and 220lb so I know that other men are larger out there which again makes me say... what is up with the tub/shower in TT and actually fitting a grown adult into one!  :unsure:

SOOOO frustraing  :angry:

Edited:  to correct title from "said it" to "say it"... needed coffee this morning, haha.

I don't use our shower either, I just use the shower house at the campground. I've been doing it my whole life so........

The girls on the other hand, it is great for and they think it's "neat". The only shower that fit for adults was our 1977 Eldorado truck camper slide in we had when I was a kid, the whole bathroom was the shower, so you weren't afraid of getting everything wet. Not ours, but this was it.

outside2lift.jpg

Best Regards,

Norm

I don't use our shower either, I just use the shower house at the campground. I've been doing it my whole life so........

Best Regards,

Norm

We're just the opposite. Linda never goes to the CS and I only do if we are someplace without water hook-ups and those stays are normally never longer than 2-3 days.

Best Regards,

Norm

We're just the opposite. Linda never goes to the CS and I only do if we are someplace without water hook-ups and those stays are normally never longer than 2-3 days.

I am the same as Grumpy and Grandma. We only use our camper's shower unless we don't have sewer or water hookups. Even then, I try to gauge departure, pump out timing, and luck in order to use my own shower. :)

That said, there are some really spacious showers on the market. Ours is 48" x 30" but it is a shower only, no tub. I like it because it is easy in and easy out AND I don't like baths. We used to take a portable/fold up tub for our little guy- but even with him, showering is so much easier (either holding him when he was really little or playing in the shower with me now that he is bigger).

We've been fortunate to have a large shower in both our TT and our moho.  The only person we ever knew who had a problem in the shower was our son-in-law who, at 6'7", couldn't stand up straight.

We're also like Grumpy and Grandma.  We only use our RV's shower.

Space is at such a premium in most RVs. Designers tend to save the space for where it can be most used.  Most people take no more than 2 showers a day totaling maybe 20-30 minutes.  Would you rather have that space for 30 minutes or have it elsewhere in the RV where it can be used for hours a day.  I have only seen a real bath tub in the very expensive units that are designed for 2 people. I'm a really big guy that would like a residential size shower but in a RV I will settle for one that I can use without too much trouble and put that extra space in my kitchen or living room.  Until I can afford a big FW like Dave's or a 45' diesel pusher I will have to settle for bumping an elbow every now and then.   

One thing we found that helps is this snazzy curtain rod...

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Extend-A-Shower-Bronze-Finish/75212/&?&affiliateid=5193&gclid=CJPg0PjzscMCFQIdgQodTTsAPA

It folds out so that you're not fighting the curtain the whole time, and then easily folds back in when you're done so it's out of the way.

We use our shower all the time and this was a great find for us.  Just be sure you measure before you install.  We wanted to put one of these in the hybrid we had before this TT but it wouldn't fit.

One thing we found that helps is this snazzy curtain rod...

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Extend-A-Shower-Bronze-Finish/75212/&?&affiliateid=5193&gclid=CJPg0PjzscMCFQIdgQodTTsAPA

It folds out so that you're not fighting the curtain the whole time, and then easily folds back in when you're done so it's out of the way.

We use our shower all the time and this was a great find for us.  Just be sure you measure before you install.  We wanted to put one of these in the hybrid we had before this TT but it wouldn't fit.

I've seen items similar to that at this year's show (I think they copied them from the hotel industry) but I'm still worried about water splashing out the sides.   

As far as not showering in the trailer... we typically do use the bathhouses (except for the kids, most of the I bathe them in the camper); but some bathhouses are just not lovely  :wacko:   In that case, I want the option of being able to shower in the trailer.  However (shaking my head as I type) I'm not sure that that's possible in our weight class so... is what it is.

The majority of the time we are at campgrounds that have a bathhouse and will use the showers there. We got a trailer with a broom closet size toilet/shower combo. The whole thing is water proof but very tight. We wanted it mainly for the bathroom convenience of not having to run to the CS in the middle of the night and for the very rare occasions we are rustic camping. To shower you basically sit on the toilet and use the shower wand. It beats standing on a rock and using a bucket of water but not by much.

... I'm still worried about water splashing out the sides.  

We make sure the curtain is spread all the way out to the wall, and splashing isn't a problem for us as our curtain is pretty big and covers things well. 

However we do have an issue with water that collects along the top of the tub on one side and then drips over onto the floor. I leave a hand towel draped there and it helps.

The majority of the time we are at campgrounds that have a bathhouse and will use the showers there. We got a trailer with a broom closet size toilet/shower combo. The whole thing is water proof but very tight. We wanted it mainly for the bathroom convenience of not having to run to the CS in the middle of the night and for the very rare occasions we are rustic camping. To shower you basically sit on the toilet and use the shower wand. It beats standing on a rock and using a bucket of water but not by much.

Haha... I told my husband, that he could use some dish soap and the outside shower off the RV, if the bathhouse was too yuck.  He was not amused   :lol:

I agree with the tubs being too small and recommend a corner unit if you can find it. My old 5th wheel had a really neat device the previous owner installed. It was a shower curtain holder, so to speak. It was a big clear adhesive pad that stuck to the curtain, a fishing line type string with a loop on it that you hooked to a stationary hook on the wall. It held the curtain off of your body and gave so much extra room. I have not been able to locate anything like it for our current 5th wheel- if anyone knows what I'm talking about or what it's called, please let me know!

I agree with the tubs being too small and recommend a corner unit if you can find it.

One of the main reasons we purchased our current trailer is that it has the corner shower.  Any of the straight tub/shower combos were just too small for this full figured guy.

Hey, Norm.  Thanks for bringing back some memories from the 70's.  My first MH was an 18.5' Eldorado Class C with colors (and wet bath) just like your truck camper.  We went all over the country with that thing, mostly paid for by the USAF, for whom I worked back then.  Once went to Maine and worked making some electronic measurements in a blueberry field.  We loaded the fridge and freezer with blueberries to take back to Mobile.  The next year we planted five blueberry bushes at home and had a good supply for many years.  Ken

Haha... I told my husband, that he could use some dish soap and the outside shower off the RV, if the bathhouse was too yuck.  He was not amused   :lol:

I have one of those shower tents sold at Wal-Mart and a Zodi hot water heater. I haul it along with me just in case the bath house at a random campground is yucky. I know a lot of folks that have only outside showers on their campers use those.

I bought it in my Boy Scout tent camping days along with my bucket toilet versus using the pit toilets. That way I only had to enter the smelly places once to dump.

IMHO the corner showers are terrible. We actually got rid of one of our TT because the corner shower would just not work. Water all over the place and no way to have the shower curtain sticking to ya. The folding shower curtain rod works excellent on a tub/shower. Add an oxygenics shower head and it's the best you can get in a TT

I have one of those shower tents sold at Wal-Mart and a Zodi hot water heater. I haul it along with me just in case the bath house at a random campground is yucky. I know a lot of folks that have only outside showers on their campers use those.

I bought it in my Boy Scout tent camping days along with my bucket toilet versus using the pit toilets. That way I only had to enter the smelly places once to dump.

I've seen pictures of shower tents before; always wondered how well they worked.  

IMHO the corner showers are terrible. We actually got rid of one of our TT because the corner shower would just not work. Water all over the place and no way to have the shower curtain sticking to ya. The folding shower curtain rod works excellent on a tub/shower. Add an oxygenics shower head and it's the best you can get in a TT

We would only buy a camper, if the shower had a glass/plastic door.  Even with a tub I may add a door... curtains are just a pain to me.

Hey, Norm.  Thanks for bringing back some memories from the 70's.  My first MH was an 18.5' Eldorado Class C with colors (and wet bath) just like your truck camper.  We went all over the country with that thing, mostly paid for by the USAF, for whom I worked back then.  Once went to Maine and worked making some electronic measurements in a blueberry field.  We loaded the fridge and freezer with blueberries to take back to Mobile.  The next year we planted five blueberry bushes at home and had a good supply for many years.  Ken

I loved our camper too. A few years ago, it had finally rotted and was taken apart and junked, I got all the knick knacks out of it and we are using the pots and pans in our trailer. All I have left of the actual camper is the Eldorado on the front. I repainted it black and have it hanging in my garage. We took many trips to Colorado and Maine with that every summer. The only thing we didn't have was A/C and to this day I wonder how we survived. LOL

Best Regards,

Norm