DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

This (non) Trip Report is Epic!

BFF outdid himself with this breakdown of the Beauty and the Beast story:

Oh....you mean "Gold digger and the Narcissistic Ass" show? Yes....it is very good.

"You imprisoned my father....I hate you"

"I have a castle."

"Oh....you are so misunderstood. I love you!"

Gaston could do better anyway. Have you seen the racks on the three girls that chase him? Forget about it.

That is hilarious! And brilliant! Well done.

(sorry BFM)

so we left the TT side of Future World to trek all the way to the Soarin side, through the jungle of crappy concrete 80's architecture that didn't even look futuristic in 1982.

LOL. So true.

Well, I'm sure most of you knew this.  I'm waiting for TCD to now provide a link to one of his trip reports from 2012 where he posted a picture of this Mickey.  But it was news to me.

You know me well.

However, I knew nothing about this Hidden Mickey, and thus have no photo of it.

I'll make a note to stay awake the next time I ride through the golf ball.

TCD

Spaceship Earth, best 18 minute nap in the world!  Matt is trained to wake me up in time so I am ready to exit the vehicle and not embarrass him ;-)

The foreshadowing seems intriguing, but a little alarming?

It would definitely be embarrassing to be sleeping when the next guests are ready to board.  

This (non) Trip Report is Epic!

BFF outdid himself with this breakdown of the Beauty and the Beast story:

That is hilarious! And brilliant! Well done.

(sorry BFM)

LOL. So true.

You know me well.

However, I knew nothing about this Hidden Mickey, and thus have no photo of it.

I'll make a note to stay awake the next time I ride through the golf ball.

TCD

I bet there are lots of deliberate hidden Mickeys inside that golf ball.  

I know better than to try and get between two brother Fiends, you both think on the same level.

That's funny.  

I bet there are lots of deliberate hidden Mickeys inside that golf ball.  

Wow - that's a deliberate hidden Mickey I actually knew about!  But then, I love me some History Extravaganza.  8)

You probably know about the Mouse Trap game in the 60s family scene, right?  Well here's a question... that same scene used to have the Beatles White Album right in front of the stack of albums to the left of the TV, but sometime in the last year-ish, they changed it and I can't make out what album is there now.

Anybody know?

For you youngsters, "albums" are large discs of vinyl that you lay on a spinning thing called a "turntable" then put an arm-like thingy over it which contains a needle that makes sound come out.  Kind of like your iPod, except it won't fit in your pocket, there's no "shuffle" and if you bump it, it goes SCREEEEEEEECH and you have to start all over again.

Wow - that's a deliberate hidden Mickey I actually knew about!  But then, I love me some History Extravaganza.  B)

You probably know about the Mouse Trap game in the 60s family scene, right?  Well here's a question... that same scene used to have the Beatles White Album right in front of the stack of albums to the left of the TV, but sometime in the last year-ish, they changed it and I can't make out what album is there now.

Anybody know?

The soundtrack to Lemonade Mouth.  

Let's move on to the World Showcase.  

First stop....CANADA!

They sell my favorite coffee here.

DSCN4585.JPG

I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn prefers a coarse ground.  So no coffee purchase today.   

For the first time ever, we made the trek up to the top of the mountain in Canada.  

There's nothing up there.  

There are some nice little buildings up there.....were those ever shops?  What's the point?  

So back down we went, and we started making out way toward Germany where we were having lunch.  

There was a Photopass photographers on the bridge between England and France.  We figured we'd get a nice shot of the 4 of us.

Anna had other plans.  

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7132233397.jpeg

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7132233398.jpeg

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7132233399.jpeg

Stella was becoming increasingly less enthused.  

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7132233400.jpeg

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7132233402.jpeg

At about this point we gave up and went on our way.  

Coincidentally, Izzy stopped by the same photographer not long after us.  

She had much better luck.

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7132206034.jpeg

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7132206966.jpeg

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7132206037.jpeg

We ended up at Morocco.  

Before all hell broke loose and we got ourselves banned from the country forever.....we stopped in one of the shops.  

DSCN4586.JPG

We went back further into the pavilion and saw there was a line forming to meet Jasmine and Aladdin.  Stella wanted to meet them, and we had some time yet before our lunch ADR.  I had been texting with Kelly about meeting times as we were going to try to sit together for our Biergarten lunches, and we had time to see Jasmine.  

Only the line wasn't moving.  

It turns out that they were on break, but would be in place within 10 minutes, so we stayed to wait.  

It didn't take too long, and the doors opened and the line started moving.  We were maybe 10 parties back.  I texted Kelly as well as our older girls to let them know we'd meet them all at Biergarten when we were done.

Finally, it was our turn.  

There was a PP photographer, and we took a few pictures ourselves.  

Jasmine was very sweet and got down to Anna's level to meet her.

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132292970.jpeg

Anna was SO interested in every aspect of Jasmine's costume.  Here's Jasmine showing off her headband.

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132292971.jpeg

Here's a pic I took....she let Anna touch her headband. 

DSCN4591.JPG

In retrospect, that was probably a bad idea.  

Jasmine stood back up and Aladdin joined for group pictures.  

Anna hammed it up as usual.

DSCN4593.JPG

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132290856.jpeg

Anna took a big interest in Jasmine's costume again.

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132290855.jpeg

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132290857.jpeg

Uh oh.  

Anna was trying to lick her.  

I think Jasmine was glancing over at her handlers to see what to do.  LOL.

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132292975.jpeg

Time to end this meet and greet before it gets out of hand.  

The goodbye hug.

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132305658.jpeg

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132305659.jpeg

A hug for Stella.  Check out Anna....

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132305662.jpeg

Anna was getting really interested in the soft, silky fabric.

She was touching Jasmine's legs, and Jasmine was very sweet about it, asking Anna if she liked her pants.

EPCOT_WSMOR_7132305664.jpeg

And then it happened.  

Without any warning, and as fast as lightening, Anna reached up with both hands and grabbed her.  

Yes, the place where two hands would naturally gravitate to.  

There was an audible "gasp" in the room.  I almost dropped my camera.  I quickly moved to grab them myself Anna and get her out of there.  

Jasmine handled it very well.  She said something like "oh, it's not the first time".  But she looked a bit flustered.  Aladdin looked confused.  I don't think he had ever even considered doing that.    

In all of this, as fast as the PP photographer was snapping pictures, I can't believe there isn't a photo of that moment.  I bet there is one, but it was destroyed.  I don't think Disney wants pictures of their Princesses getting felt up out there.  Or maybe the photographer was as shocked as everyone and never hit the shutter.  Either way, there is no proof, so you have to just imagine.  

Well, there is some proof.  I received a letter from the Moroccan embassy informing me that we are permanently banned....both from their pavilion and from their country.  

Their loss.  

Because I can't imagine going through life without Anna in it.  That kid is something else.   

I just love Anna's photo side she is wonderful, your life must be filled with laughter having her, as said before you & Inc are two wonderful and special people.

Life is filled with laughter....and some other emotions too.  :D  

I'll never lie and say that it's easy raising her.  She's a handful.  But she brings so much joy into this house too.  

i think I just pee'd a little laughing so hard...

LOL!  Sorry about the pee.  

Ok I was already laughing and this killed me. My kid wants to know what's so funny. He's not accepting my answer of nothing.

Why not tell him?  Afraid he'll try the same thing?  Maybe when he's 13.  :D

I'm not going to lie.... After you told us about this, we looked at these pictures. I'm with you. I think Disney destroyed the evidence.

Your comment about Aladdin is hysterical.

Let's just say Aladdin's carpet flies to its own music.  

I really laughed out loud while reading that. Too funny. :)

Thanks for reading!!

Let's just say Aladdin's carpet flies to its own music.

!!

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Lol.

The pix of the four of you on the bridge was great. Stella was definitely ready to move on.

Great story, pix and meet n greet. Now let's get to the second best part of your non TR. Biergarten!!!

Thank you for the laugh, the visual on this is just too funny.

That was a great post, your build up to the 'incident' was done perfectly. 

Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed it.  We still laugh about it when it comes up.  

Oh my gosh, I love the Anna/jasmine story!! I was laughing so hard! Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for reading, Lori!  

The Anna and Jasmine story is awesome! Probably not so much for Jasmine. LOL at the Aladdin comment.

I wonder how often something like that happens to Princesses?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Lol.

The pix of the four of you on the bridge was great. Stella was definitely ready to move on.

Great story, pix and meet n greet. Now let's get to the second best part of your non TR. Biergarten!!!

Biergarten!  I'll try to get that posted tomorrow.  

Those bridge pics are SO Anna.  LOL.