DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

That's too bad... I was really hoping to meet you all this Halloween :(

We are not Fort Halloween people.  

Not sure if I was right with the name just guessed, the one with the long curly hair was who I noticed holding onto her ears.

Yep, that's Gwen. 

Like I said, I'm just impressed you can remember any of their names.  

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

That joy!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just wish you could bottle that? 

The back of the Mine Train is WAY better. Jason got frustrated with me when I made us wait a cycle to get it, but afterward realized it was worth it. 

Big Bang Theory...  :rofl2:

The back must be way better on the mine train because it looks like you guys are having a blast! We sat closer to the front and it was very tame, far different from your picture.

I LOVE that they noticed Anna having fun and gave you another ride. Those are the things that make a difference with Disney. But I understand the love/hate thing with Disney. With my husband, it's more hate, and yet he always breaks down and goes again (but also at the same time declaring he'll never return).

We're human, so it's easy to dwell on the bad stuff... but the reality is, your children will have some really great memories from the trip; as will you.  Even more so, 5 minutes of watching Fox news and you'll be reminded just. how. blessed... we truly, truly are.

Said it before, your family is beautiful.  LOVE all the pictures.  We don't usually stop for a lot of pictures, but I do wish that we had paid for this feature last trip when my family was there (in which case, we would have stopped for more pictures).  Expensive, but might be worth it every once in a while.  

You just need some brothers and sisters at Disney around when you are there. It makes it quite reasonable. And lucky for you, your sister Kelly will be at Disney for Halloween. 

I have said before that looking of pictures of Anna make me cry.  The joy on her face - when I think of how her life might have been - it just makes me get weepy.  

I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

Ok, let's move on to the evening of the 23rd.  

We ate at the camper and then made our way back to the Magic Kingdom.  Remember, we did not have park hoppers on this trip, so this was our first jaunt to the MK in the evening hours.  

We had a FP to meet Anna and Elsa that was good from 6:20-7:20, so we went straight there.  

i don't know if this is their standard character traits or not, but we found Elsa to be stuffy and "cold"....pun intended.  While Anna was very fun and sweet.  As the characteristics kind of match the actual characters in the movie, I'm guessing that's by design.  In any case, our wait wasn't bad and soon we were face to face with our Anna's favorite Princess of them all.

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7133908281.jpeg

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7133908282.jpeg

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7133908283.jpeg

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7133906836.jpeg

Here comes the sweetness.

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7133906837.jpeg

Uh oh.

Thankfully, Elsa is a bit quicker on the block than poor Jasmine.  

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7133906838.jpeg

Hey, you cover them in fine, silky material and who wouldn't want to touch them?  

Like I said, Elsa was a tad cold.  She even appears "standoffish" in the pictures.

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7133906839.jpeg

But Anna loved meeting her nonetheless.  

We had to pull Anna away from Elsa....but then she turned around and saw who awaited her and she got VERY excited.  

Anna, meet Anna.

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912352.jpeg

I love the interactions these two Anna's had with each other.  It was fun.

Everyone got in for the group pics.  

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912354.jpeg

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912356.jpeg

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912358.jpeg

Ok....our Anna is starting to strike some of her poses.  She seems to think that when a camera comes out she needs to be a model. 

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912360.jpeg

So since our Anna was starting to act silly, Princess Anna decided to play into that and make some funny faces.  

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912362.jpeg

There's not much our Anna enjoys more than being silly and sticking her tongue out.  

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912363.jpeg

Well, Princess Anna could match any pose and any silly face that our Anna could dish out.  

Which lead to another of my favorite pictures from the trip.  

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912364.jpeg

And then.....the Double Anna Hug.  

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7133912365.jpeg

So, Kelly....was I right?  Was that even cuter than the Rapunzel pictures?  

Ok, after that, we were in the area and decided to go ride the Ariel ride.  

Yes, you heard me right.  

We were going Under the Monkey Butt.  I wanted to see if it was a bad as I remembered.  

On the way there we saw a Photopass opportunity and took advantage of it.

I think this is one of the better pics of my whole family that we got.  

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_7133920248.jpeg

So we rode Ariel and......

......it still SMB.  

I do appreciate all the undulating that Ursula does.  That is pretty cool.  She's pretty much huge, and I like that in my octowomen.  But, I've said this before and I'll say it again....the ride could have been SO MUCH MORE.  

But afterward, we made up for it.  

We rode 7DMT again!  

In the dark!  

And in case you lost count, this was our third ride of the day.  

MK_MINETRAIN_7133998062.jpeg

By this point, I knew where the cameras were and decided to make goofy faces.  

MK_MINETRAIN_7133998067.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7133998628.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7133998631.jpeg

My kids tell me I shouldn't have done that.  

They think I look creepy.  

I don't care.  

Ok, now I'm confused.  

There are more PP pictures of us riding 7DMT, in the dark, in the same clothes.  Remember earlier when I said we got invited to ride again later in the trip?  Well, I must have remembered incorrectly and it happened this evening.  Cause here we go again!  

MK_MINETRAIN_7134003568.jpeg

This time I think I fell asleep on the ride.

MK_MINETRAIN_7134003592.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7134003596.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7134004478.jpeg

I wonder if that poor kid next to me got the Memory Maker, and has to look at those pictures of him sitting next to some creepy old dude?  

So, that makes FOUR rides on the Mine Train that day!  

And you all wonder why I love Disney so much.  Winning!  

LOL.  

That joy!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just wish you could bottle that? 

The back of the Mine Train is WAY better. Jason got frustrated with me when I made us wait a cycle to get it, but afterward realized it was worth it. 

Big Bang Theory...  :rofl2:

The back is so much better that there shouldn't even be a front.  

The back must be way better on the mine train because it looks like you guys are having a blast! We sat closer to the front and it was very tame, far different from your picture.

I LOVE that they noticed Anna having fun and gave you another ride. Those are the things that make a difference with Disney. But I understand the love/hate thing with Disney. With my husband, it's more hate, and yet he always breaks down and goes again (but also at the same time declaring he'll never return).

I'll never return!  

Until the next time.  

You just need some brothers and sisters at Disney around when you are there. It makes it quite reasonable. And lucky for you, your sister Kelly will be at Disney for Halloween. 

The Memory Maker was VERY reasonable being split 4 ways.  I'm shocked Disney hasn't changed that aspect of the plan.  

We did both front of mine train and back of mine train- it's like 2 different rides! I need to try Big Thunder Mountain in the back because we were pretty close to the front each time we rode it this time and wasn't overly enthusiastic about it.

It's definitely like 2 different rides.  

Wow, Anna and Anna.

If you're not going to take your Anna back to WDW, I'm going to have to come up there and get her.  That girl needs to go back soon.  Do it for Anna.

Four rides on the Mine Train in one day?  I'm officially jealous.  I would have to do some major planning and use all the tricks in my bag to make that happen for my gang.

TCD

Oh my gosh sis.. you're so right!  How could I forget that ;)  We'll have to work that out.   Plus... will brother Ray be there??

Wow, Anna and Anna.

If you're not going to take your Anna back to WDW, I'm going to have to come up there and get her.  That girl needs to go back soon.  Do it for Anna.

Four rides on the Mine Train in one day?  I'm officially jealous.  I would have to do some major planning and use all the tricks in my bag to make that happen for my gang.

TCD

I agree!  I mean seriously... that picture of Anna, and Anna, with the tongues out...too, too cute. 

We are not Fort Halloween people.  

Hmmm...either are we.  Actually, the only reason we're going for Halloween, is to meet more Fiends.  Outside of that, we would have pushed back to mid-November/early December as I really wanted to see the Christmas decorations.  As it stands now, we'll leave mid-November so we're hoping that we'll still see some decorations and we'll attend Mickey's Christmas party.

Wow, Anna and Anna.

TCD

That's fine.  But you'll have to work around WWW.  Other than that her schedule is fairly open.  

Our four rides were a combination of FP+ (1), DAS (1), and Pixie Dust (2).  

Sometimes, it's good to be DIT.  

Apr 30 - May 5

We'll spoil her silly :)

I'll have her bag packed.  

Oh my gosh sis.. you're so right!  How could I forget that ;)  We'll have to work that out.   Plus... will brother Ray be there??

Do it.  

I agree!  I mean seriously... that picture of Anna, and Anna, with the tongues out...too, too cute. 

Hmmm...either are we.  Actually, the only reason we're going for Halloween, is to meet more Fiends.  Outside of that, we would have pushed back to mid-November/early December as I really wanted to see the Christmas decorations.  As it stands now, we'll leave mid-November so we're hoping that we'll still see some decorations and we'll attend Mickey's Christmas party.

You'll get all your holidays covered.  

Love the Anna and Anna photos.

Getting Anna to the WWW shouldn't even require a plane ticket. Just get her to Carol's house.

Good point.  That sounds easier and cheaper.  

You have a beautiful family.

I like your daughter's shirt...Don't get your tinsel in a tangle  :)   

That is a cute shirt!

The silly Anna and Anna photos, those are the bestest yet!

Thanks!  I liked those as well.  

X2000

:D

I love the interaction the princesses and character have with Anna. She is just so darn cute. I hope wherever you go this year you keep posting the trip reports. I really appreciate them!

Thanks Lori!  

I sure am glad we did the Memory Maker.  Without those pics this wouldn't be much of a trip report.  Not that it is a trip report.  But I did not take many pics on my own.  

Ok I have to admit something. I may have seen these pix before. But the when you add the commentary to the pix it makes it so much better.

Hey don't judge me. What would you have done if you had all those great Anna pix on your "families" memory maker account.

But I didn't notice how many times y'all got to ride the 7dmt. Y'all where definitely WINNING!

Those are some great, great pix.

Elsa and Anna... We had the same experience. Elsa was ok but Anna was awesome.

Dave, yes the Anna and Anna picture wins. That's awesome. You need to crop it and frame it. I've met Elsa twice  now. She hasn't been friendly either time. I get that's her character, but isn't she supposed to warm up in the end? I tried to make a joke about Anna being taken but her still being on the market and Z was interested. She didn't play into it AT ALL. Ariel and Rapunzel, however, totally love it. I wonder if Elsa's "friend" think she's super awesome because she's the most popular princess. 

Nacole, we will definitely do a Fiend share. Depending on how many are interested, we might need to do 2 groups.

Ray, what do I do for a living? Two words: personal days! Actually, I get it. Teaching is why we haven't been yet, but when I saw that Halloween wouldn't be on a weekend again until Z was 12, I decided to make it happen. How old will Gracie be in 7 years? You don't want to think about that, right? 

That is a wonderful family photo.

And Anna + Anna = AWESOMESAUCE

But seriously, Anna's faces and reactions riding Mine Train are the cure for the most dreary day.  No wonder you got some pixie dust.  If I was a CM and saw how much fun and joy she gets out of that ride I'd hand you a fistful of FPs.  :heartsmiley:

Apr 30 - May 5

We'll spoil her silly :)

Oh there would be a WHOLE lot of silly!!!

I wish. But DW is a school teacher so it's very unlikely.

Work trumps Disney.  

Great pics. I felt the same way about Anna and Elsa. Anna was more fun. A lot of the Elsa's look creepy to me but the one yall had didn't so that's a plus for yall.

Sounds like that's the way they designed it.  Elsa is supposed to be cold.  

Ok I have to admit something. I may have seen these pix before. But the when you add the commentary to the pix it makes it so much better.

Hey don't judge me. What would you have done if you had all those great Anna pix on your "families" memory maker account.

But I didn't notice how many times y'all got to ride the 7dmt. Y'all where definitely WINNING!

Those are some great, great pix.

Elsa and Anna... We had the same experience. Elsa was ok but Anna was awesome.

I don't blame you.....I may or may not have looked at your pictures, brother.  

Dave, yes the Anna and Anna picture wins. That's awesome. You need to crop it and frame it. I've met Elsa twice  now. She hasn't been friendly either time. I get that's her character, but isn't she supposed to warm up in the end? I tried to make a joke about Anna being taken but her still being on the market and Z was interested. She didn't play into it AT ALL. Ariel and Rapunzel, however, totally love it. I wonder if Elsa's "friend" think she's super awesome because she's the most popular princess. 

Nacole, we will definitely do a Fiend share. Depending on how many are interested, we might need to do 2 groups.

Ray, what do I do for a living? Two words: personal days! Actually, I get it. Teaching is why we haven't been yet, but when I saw that Halloween wouldn't be on a weekend again until Z was 12, I decided to make it happen. How old will Gracie be in 7 years? You don't want to think about that, right? 

You make a good argument.  

I want you to look at your family in these pictures and tell me you hate Disney. That's magic, brother. 

Those are some nice pictures.  

But I'm not moved.  

That is a wonderful family photo.

And Anna + Anna = AWESOMESAUCE

But seriously, Anna's faces and reactions riding Mine Train are the cure for the most dreary day.  No wonder you got some pixie dust.  If I was a CM and saw how much fun and joy she gets out of that ride I'd hand you a fistful of FPs.   :heartsmiley:

Oh there would be a WHOLE lot of silly!!!

I can't imagine the goofiness that would ensue.