DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

How does the food at Boma compare to the food at Tusker House? Are the restaurants similar?

The foods are similar, but not the same. One trip we went to both restaurants and enjoyed both. I think Boma has a little more variety. Tusker House had a few more mainstream staples.

Food at AK is among the best on property - Love Boma and Saana both - they rank right up there with Spice Table in Epcot for interesting flavours and texture and the prices aren't bad for the quality and volume of food.  The Mara is great for quick service, two soups and the half chicken more then comfortably feeds two adults.  Find Jiko slightly pricier and a bit more mainstream.  

Nice "not a trip report" by the way

Love the family portraits!!

You need to explore more.  Now that Jason loves the Fort and y'all have AP's and don't need to go full bore on the park days, you need to set aside a couple of days to just resort hop and hang out at the Fort.  

I hope you enjoy Boma.  

Yeah, while I don't go so far as to say that Zebra Domes SMB....they were nothing to write home about.  

Hopefully someone can answer that for you.....I've never eaten at Tusker House!  

I will say this....I can see you liking Boma if you don't mind trying unique flavors.  The carving station looked really nice, and there are plenty of veggie and salad options for a low carber.  Although I seem to remember you saying that David doesn't care for different flavors....so it might not be up his alley.  

I'd agree that if you like to try different things it's a great place to try.  It's not a lot of spicy food, but there are foods that use a variety of different spices you don't see at too many places (unless you go looking for such things).

We'd actually tried Boma about 10 years ago, and while I like it, DH was not a fan.  We went again in November and this time around we both really loved it.  DH thinks it's because he's a lot more open to trying new things now than he was then (back then he didn't even eat sushi!  LOL)

As Dave noted, Boma is also terrific if you don't eat a lot (or even any) meat, or are eating low carb.  Their soups are terrific, their veggie dishes are tasty and hearty and there's usually a pretty big variety of them. The night we were there they also had roasted chicken, a beef carving station (tender and delicious) and a killer salmon dish in what was listed as an "almond sauce" that was super popular.

I agree about the desserts though.  They had mini pumpkin cheesecakes when we were there, and those and the oatmeal cookies were great, but everything else was just ok.

Well you know Dave's dislike of Snow White is why they made her ride bigger. So it's only natural his bad mood trip report would make some one want to go to Disney. Opposites for Dave seem to happen he loved Main Street cinnamon rolls so they got rid of them.

DSCN4653.JPG

Does it get much sweeter?

DSCN4655.JPG

Yes Dave, I have been quietly reading along with this "story" all along...  and these 2 pics drove me out into the light! These are priceless pics that will definitely have to be shown when these 2 are teenagers!  

I think Boma is a little more unique flavor wise than Tusker House.

Awesome Anna pics Dave!

I spotted a Foofy too!

Foofy is elusive.  

Nice family photos in front of the tree... glad they had a photographer there to capture the day/moment.

Boma...we ate there several years ago, but did not care for it.   Well, I should say that Tom thought it was okay, but I did not like it.  Then again, I am a very basic (could eat the same 5 meals my entire life) meats/potatoes kind-of gal... so new PLUS different?  Yeah, not my cup of tea :)

The AKL is a lot of fun to walk around though.  It's very pretty.

I can understand not liking Boma.  There are LOTS of things I don't care for at Disney World.  :D

We LOVE Boma! Of course our other favorite restaurant is Biergarten so it is obvious we like varied flavors. I grew up in a home with fairly bland foods so I have a lot to make up for!

I guess there is something for everyone.  Even me.  LOL.  

Beautiful photos and love the non-traditional Christmas dinner! I'll say it, though- zebra domes SMB! We didn't even make it through a single one and threw the others away when we bought a pack of 3 at the AKL's quick service place.

Ok....as long as you have gone there, I will go ahead and add the zebra domes to the SMB list.  

I don't like zebra domes either.

So it is written.  

They look like a rounded version of the Little Debbie Zebra cakes.

I will say they do not taste anything like a Little Debbie though.  

But Little Debbie Zebra Cakes do not SMB.

True.  

The foods are similar, but not the same. One trip we went to both restaurants and enjoyed both. I think Boma has a little more variety. Tusker House had a few more mainstream staples.

Good perspective.  

Thanks.  I'd better not ask David to go to Boma then.  

Probably not.  

Food at AK is among the best on property - Love Boma and Saana both - they rank right up there with Spice Table in Epcot for interesting flavours and texture and the prices aren't bad for the quality and volume of food.  The Mara is great for quick service, two soups and the half chicken more then comfortably feeds two adults.  Find Jiko slightly pricier and a bit more mainstream.  

Nice "not a trip report" by the way

I would like to try Sanaa some day.  I've never tried Spice Table either.  I'm always having to consider eating someplace that all the kids will be ok with.  Not that I really care whether they like the food...but if I'm dropping Disney prices on a meal I'd hate for it to go to waste.  

Great report. We had been debating about our first Disney trip......and I'm reading this lying in bed, suffering from a man flu.

Have to say I'm interested in the F-Bombs and mouse turds, but your thread prompted me and DW to stop debating (we've just bought 7 day tickets for the family).

Oh no....I feel awful now.  I clearly need to redouble my efforts.  

Love the family portraits!!

I'd agree that if you like to try different things it's a great place to try.  It's not a lot of spicy food, but there are foods that use a variety of different spices you don't see at too many places (unless you go looking for such things).

We'd actually tried Boma about 10 years ago, and while I like it, DH was not a fan.  We went again in November and this time around we both really loved it.  DH thinks it's because he's a lot more open to trying new things now than he was then (back then he didn't even eat sushi!  LOL)

As Dave noted, Boma is also terrific if you don't eat a lot (or even any) meat, or are eating low carb.  Their soups are terrific, their veggie dishes are tasty and hearty and there's usually a pretty big variety of them. The night we were there they also had roasted chicken, a beef carving station (tender and delicious) and a killer salmon dish in what was listed as an "almond sauce" that was super popular.

I agree about the desserts though.  They had mini pumpkin cheesecakes when we were there, and those and the oatmeal cookies were great, but everything else was just ok.

I forgot to mention the Salmon.  My 17 year old said it was AWESOME!  

I love that a TR about "hating" Disney has just convinced someone to book a trip.  B)

I really do feel terrible.  I can't imagine what he could have seen in this non-report to convince him to take his family there.  

Me too! I'm giggling.

Stop it!

Well you know Dave's dislike of Snow White is why they made her ride bigger. So it's only natural his bad mood trip report would make some one want to go to Disney. Opposites for Dave seem to happen he loved Main Street cinnamon rolls so they got rid of them.

Maybe you are on to something.  

All caught up. Your family pictures are wonderful! Looking forward to your next five days!

Thanks for reading along Lori!  

DSCN4653.JPG

Does it get much sweeter?

DSCN4655.JPG

Yes Dave, I have been quietly reading along with this "story" all along...  and these 2 pics drove me out into the light! These are priceless pics that will definitely have to be shown when these 2 are teenagers!  

I know!  It was too much cuteness.  I hope that after Anna gets her Olaf costume we have a chance to get those two together again before Z outgrows his!  

Ok.....so I posted in the last update how we had 5 Fort days of relaxation.  

Well, on the 26th, we just hung around the Fort and prepared for the one thing I had most looked forward to on this trip.  

The Fiend Grand Gathering!!!

But here's the problem.  I don't have a single picture from 12/26.  

:rofl2:

Yep.  It's true.  I thoroughly enjoyed the 26th.  

I met so many people I hadn't previously met.  And saw some FrIENDS I hadn't seen in a while.  

But I didn't take a single picture.  

I visited.  I enjoyed.  And I knew that Kelly had my back.  

She took pictures of the gathering.  And if you haven't seen them, you haven't read her report.  So go read it.  

In any case, the 26th was a great day.  But it ended and became the 27th.  Which was also a good day!  

I had made a reservation for INC and I to go out that night.  But before we got to that point, we enjoyed our day.  We went to DTD with the kids and walked around a bit.  It looks like we sat with Pooh.

20141227_104753.jpg

And we visited with Tigger.

20141227_104814.jpg

I'm beginning to think this is a Trip Report about nothing.  

We did go into the co-op store....or whatever it is called.  It had some cool things like these WDW garbage can salt and pepper shakers.

20141227_110224.jpg

I have to admit those are pretty cool.  

They had some awesome coffee mugs in that store too....and one in particular caught my eye.  As it turns out, DD17 bought it for me for my birthday.  It's this one.

mug.jpg

That's a cool mug, right?  

So anyways, that afternoon I took Stella to the pool.  

20141227_131414.jpg

20141227_131418.jpg

That kid loves the pool.  She could spend all day there.

The pool entertainment CM's started up the pool party, and she was right there in the middle of it.  

20141227_133427.jpg

20141227_133437.jpg

20141227_133811.jpg

After the pool party, we swam some more.  

DSCN4673.JPG

DSCN4674.JPG

DSCN4676.JPG

It was some nice Daddy Daughter time.

DSCN4677.JPG

We took turns going down the slide.

And then I had the bright idea of filming a trip down the slide.  

Unfortunately, being preoccupied with starting the camera while watching for the green light, I wasn't really paying attention to my launch.  And when I went, my one leg got caught and it twisted me around, pulling something in my knee.  So I ended up hobbled.  

But the film is sort of entertaining.  Watch the beginning....and you can see how my entire body was flipped around.  Knee and all.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzomvU8ddqA&feature=youtu.be

That evening was my date with INC....and now I had a sore knee.  

But it didn't stop me.  

I'm a trooper that way.  

We had dinner plans at California Grill.  They were on the early side....at 5:40 pm.  But we wanted to watch the fireworks from up there.  

Would it all work out?  Would we enjoy our meal?  Would be have a good time....and exactly how far is it to run all the way around the Seven Seas Lagoon if the monorails go down?  

Yes, that is foreshadowing.  

Coming up.....

*chewing fingernails*

THE SUSPENSE!!!

I know.  It's killing you, isn't it?

Man, this trip is looking more and more terrible.

Swimming with your daughter in December? And now you're going to be forced to go to dinner with your lovely wife? Just awful.

And Z would spend 90% of our vacation at the pool.

I'm glad you understand the hell I went through.  

I have yet to swim at the FW pool. :(  It is definitely on my bucket list.

But my kids went last fall and had a blast!  I was so glad there were enough of the older kids that I could send all of them to the pool while I did laundry.  Even when it rained and they had to gt out of the pool, the CM's kept them entertained.

Hmmm..... this non-TR is making want to go back to the Fort with my kids.

This non trip report is really SMB. It would rock of it was a real TR. But you are having way to much fun and spending way to much good quality time with your family.

Where the mouse bashing? I need snarky, witty, angry venting. Harness your inner Lou! Lol.

Now that being said, get on with non TR. The people want to know. Nay, the people need to know what happened.

Did it work out?

How was your meal?

Did y'all have a good time?

Tell us! Tell us! How far is it around Seven Seas Lagoon?

I have yet to swim at the FW pool. :(  It is definitely on my bucket list.

But my kids went last fall and had a blast!  I was so glad there were enough of the older kids that I could send all of them to the pool while I did laundry.  Even when it rained and they had to gt out of the pool, the CM's kept them entertained.

Hmmm..... this non-TR is making want to go back to the Fort with my kids.

I hope you get your kids back to the Fort real soon!

This report is pure greatness.

I will sum my thoughts up thusly......you are a lucky man my friend.

Thanks Aaron.  I sure am.  

This non trip report is really SMB. It would rock of it was a real TR. But you are having way to much fun and spending way to much good quality time with your family.

Where the mouse bashing? I need snarky, witty, angry venting. Harness your inner Lou! Lol.

Now that being said, get on with non TR. The people want to know. Nay, the people need to know what happened.

Did it work out?

How was your meal?

Did y'all have a good time?

Tell us! Tell us! How far is it around Seven Seas Lagoon?

I am back from the land of insanity, depravity and stupidity....and I hope to get an update done this morning.  

Maybe two!

I can't imagine five Fort days in a row.  So happy you enjoyed it, but it would absolutely drive me mad to be that near the parks and not go in.  

We have done trips to the Fort without stepping foot in a park.  And after this trip, I think our next Fort trip, whenever that may be, will be that way.  I love the Fort.  I'm over the parks.