DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Love this non-trip report, a lot!

Thank you!  

Anna's hand on the hip pose. Where did she get this? She's the only one doing it. Which means its just natural for her to do this. Brilliant.

Which leads me to...the hands over the mouth on the mine train. Love.

The pose is a result, I think, of one of those lazy mistakes that parents make when they get older.  

You know how you are fairly diligent on what you let your kids watch?  Yeah, well someday you won't be.  We let Stella and Anna watch Barbie, Life in the Dreamhouse.  It's her favorite thing on Netflix.  I do have to admit, the show is pretty funny.  But she learned some real diva moves from watching it.  Including the pose.  

I also have a bumper sticker on my van that was inspired by that show.  Anyone who watches it should get this....."Equipped With Golden Schlond Poofa".  

Thank you!

The pose is a result, I think, of one of those lazy mistakes that parents make when they get older.

You know how you are fairly diligent on what you let your kids watch? Yeah, well someday you won't be. We let Stella and Anna watch Barbie, Life in the Dreamhouse. It's her favorite thing on Netflix. I do have to admit, the show is pretty funny. But she learned some real diva moves from watching it. Including the pose.

I also have a bumper sticker on my van that was inspired by that show. Anyone who watches it should get this....."Equipped With Golden Schlond Poofa".

That's funny. I knew she had to have actually seen the pose somewhere. And don't worry, you could do far worse than life in the dreamhouse. Like bratz. Or monster teenieboppers. Or whatever else those shows are called that smb.

Speaking of monkey butts, I can't believe you actually returned to THE original. I wonder how many people go on that ride and don't realize that they are in the very place that started it all.

That's funny. I knew she had to have actually seen the pose somewhere. And don't worry, you could do far worse than life in the dreamhouse. Like bratz. Or monster teenieboppers. Or whatever else those shows are called that smb.

Speaking of monkey butts, I can't believe you actually returned to THE original. I wonder how many people go on that ride and don't realize that they are in the very place that started it all.

I know.  The place deserves a plaque or something.  

I realized that I only have a few pictures of our day at the Magic Kingdom left.  

I'm kind of weird about clean cutoff points.  So I will just go ahead and finish that day now with an extremely short update.  

Like, REALLY short.  

I think I have 3 pictures.  

But, before I post them, let me tell you that we stayed in the park LATE.  For us.  Not all of us did, but 3 of us made it to midnight.  Our goal was to make it to park close at 1am.  But it got cold.  And we were tired.  And my feet hurt....blah blah blah.  You know.  But, we did see midnight so that was something.  

And the amazing thing was who the 3 were.  

After we got past 9pm, the kids started dropping.  First was Izzy.  She legitimately loses steam and gets sore due to medical issues, plus she was the first one to start her park day that morning, so she decided to head back to the Fort early.  As Anna was getting sleepy, we sent her too.  And then Gwen figured she'd go with them.  And a little while later, Emma had had enough.  

That left me, INC, and Stella.  

We rode Jungle Cruise at some point because I wanted to see the Jingle Cruise overlay.  I remain convinced that one needs to be drunk to enjoy that ride.  Which is fairly difficult at the Magic Kingdom.  So that was kind of lame.  Plus, sitting on a boat when you are tired and getting cold isn't the smartest thing.  Should have kept moving.  

We wandered a bit more, and eventually decided to hit the Laugh Floor.  I figured that would be a good way to rest the feet.  Well, we must have timed it poorly because we waited forever.  That made us a bit tireder....so after that we decided to head down Main Street toward the exit.  

But we got a few pics on the way out.  

MK_MSCONFEC_7134172949.jpeg

MK_MSCONFEC_7134172950.jpeg

I could not figure out why I wasn't in those pictures with them.  And then it occured to me.....we had hit some shops along Main Street on our way out of the park, and there was a doll that Stella wanted that I hung back to buy for her.  

I snapped one last picture to prove our badassability.  

20141224_000212.jpg

And we called it a night.  

It was officially Christmas Eve!!

We had big plans the next day.  My parents were coming to join us.  And we were going to hang out and enjoy the Fort.  So we'll get to that in the next update.   

I remain convinced that one needs to be drunk to enjoy that ride.  Which is fairly difficult at the Magic Kingdom.  So that was kind of lame.  Plus, sitting on a boat when you are tired and getting cold isn't the smartest thing.  Should have kept moving.

Having ridden Jungle Cruise when it was very cold and very late, in some cases in the very very late (like 3am), I completely agree.

The photos of Stella and INC are great.  :)

In January 2014, while I was misbehaving practicing Sunday School lessons with the Wild Womenz, my daughter brought a friend, Gracie, to WDW.  

The friend had never been, and relied on Sarah to research and plan the trip.  

At one point, they went on the Jungle Cruise.  

Gracie thought it was going to be a serious ride, similar to the safari at AK.  

Then the jokes started.  

Gracie was laughing so hard she could barely catch her breath between jokes.

That, my friends, is the way to enjoy the Jungle Cruise.  Sarah is not even sad that it will be down when we go this Spring.  Without some unsuspecting newbie to laugh at the jokes, it just isn't as much fun.  

(But if it were open, we would ride it, if just to sing the Weird Al Yankovic song.)

Stella made it to midnight! That's awesome! Cool that you and INC got to spend some time with just her too. 

She fell asleep on the boat, but she did it.  

Having ridden Jungle Cruise when it was very cold and very late, in some cases in the very very late (like 3am), I completely agree.

The photos of Stella and INC are great.  :)

Yeah....no Jungle Cruise late on cold nights from now on.  :D

In January 2014, while I was misbehaving practicing Sunday School lessons with the Wild Womenz, my daughter brought a friend, Gracie, to WDW.  

The friend had never been, and relied on Sarah to research and plan the trip.  

At one point, they went on the Jungle Cruise.  

Gracie thought it was going to be a serious ride, similar to the safari at AK.  

Then the jokes started.  

Gracie was laughing so hard she could barely catch her breath between jokes.

That, my friends, is the way to enjoy the Jungle Cruise.  Sarah is not even sad that it will be down when we go this Spring.  Without some unsuspecting newbie to laugh at the jokes, it just isn't as much fun.  

(But if it were open, we would ride it, if just to sing the Weird Al Yankovic song.)

I need to find an unsuspecting newbie the next time I ride.  That could be difficult.  

The castle seems to have a Frozen theme to it.

Quite.  Although it's been that way for a long time.  It just happens to fit their evil plans.  

Way to go, Stella, for making it to midnight!

She was determined.  

Love the MK pictures and no matter how much I like DHS there is no place like the original.  You guys look like you had a great time on this day and that makes me smile.

Yeah.  When we had AP's we ended up at the MK on a majority of days, regardless of where we started.  

Those pictures of Anna meeting Elsa and Anna made my morning.  How sweet.   And the whole family picture is great.  :)   

3 months... We haven't been since July 2011 and now we are down to 3 months.  Even though you say you won't be back soon it does look like you all had a great time.  I hate to wish time away but I do kind of hope the next 3 months go by quickly.  I am ready.

You had me at Double Anna Hugs…….yep you gotta go back….

Nope.  Not gonna happen.  :D

Those pictures of Anna meeting Elsa and Anna made my morning.  How sweet.   And the whole family picture is great.   :)   

3 months... We haven't been since July 2011 and now we are down to 3 months.  Even though you say you won't be back soon it does look like you all had a great time.  I hate to wish time away but I do kind of hope the next 3 months go by quickly.  I am ready.

3 months!!  That's exciting!!

Finally caught up again.  Still loving this non-trip-trip-report trip report.The pictures from the mine train, Anna and Anna, late night Stella and INC, and just all of y'all are just great.

Looking forward to hearing about Christmas!

Christmas is coming up soon....

Stella rocks!

That's a great night time pix in front of the castle of INC and Stella

Thanks Ray!

Can you hear it?  Can you feel it?
I'd say there's something magical in the air, wouldn't you?
Why it's the spirit of the season, a season that sparkles with its own magic and memories.

Now you can travel near or far, look high or low,
and you'll always find there's no place like home for the holidays...
Cause after all...
Home...
...is where the heart is.

- Jiminy Cricket, Holiday Wishes

Yep...home is where the heart is.  And this Christmas, our hearts were at the Fort.  

It was now Christmas Eve, and we were anticipating the arrival of my parents, Nana and Grandpa, who were spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us and staying that night at POFQ.  

They showed up early enough that morning that some of us were still sleeping off the late night before.  But they were very excited to see us and only have an hour or so drive to Disney, so I wasn't surprised.  

We hung around the camper for several hours, sitting outside on what was a beautiful day, drinking coffee, nibbling on snacks and visiting.  At some point we took their car and went to Publix so I could do some shopping, and we swung by POFQ to check into their room.  I may or may not have indulged in some of the free snickerdoodles in the lobby of the hotel.  We then returned to our campsite as Fort activities were going to be starting.  Most of the activities don't get underway until the afternoon.  And there was one in particular we were interested in.  

We were looking forward to the arrival of Santa on the porch that afternoon!

As it got closer to the scheduled time, we made the very quick 45 second walk from 100 over the porch and were the first in line.   

20141224_165551.jpg

The old guy was running late.  I think he arrived around 10 minutes behind schedule.  And Anna was pretty antsy.  But he finally showed up, and she was PUMPED!  

This pic is blurry but I'm posting it because it shows how excited she was .

20141224_171159.jpg

20141224_171200.jpg

20141224_171216.jpg

This one came out pretty well.

20141224_171217.jpg

Stella was pretty excited herself, and soon joined Anna on the big guy's lap.  

20141224_171228.jpg

20141224_171228%280%29.jpg

By this point, Anna was over Santa and more interested in her candy cane.  

20141224_171229.jpg

I love how you can see Santa right there on the porch and not have to fight the crowds at DTD.  My only wish was that they had a PP photographer on hand.  But still, it was nice.  

For dinner that evening we had decided to do something simple and low key....we took the bus to the Lodge to grab a bit at Roaring Forks.  I have no pics....it was Roaring Forks, and if you've never been to the Lodge and tried their food then shame on you.  Go see it yourself.  

While we were gone I got a text from Kelly that there were characters near the porch.  I wasn't sure if we'd be back in time to see them, but sure enough when we got back to the Settlement this guy was just standing there looking lonely.  

20141224_185103_LLS.jpg

20141224_185126_LLS.jpg

Nana and Grandpa got in on the pictures too.

20141224_185139_LLS.jpg

It wasn't too long and my parents left to go to their room.  We hung around the camper and watched White Christmas, then tried to get the kids to bed.  It took awhile.  The older girls went exploring a bit and watched the EWP at the beach.  Eventually we got everyone settled in, and I got all the gifts moved from their storage location in an outside compartment to inside the motorhome.  No one stirred, and INC and I were able to crawl into our nice warm bed and await Christmas morning.  

One thing I'll say about my kids....even the young ones usually will sleep in on Christmas morning.  Nana and Grandpa were outside knocking on our door before anyone was up!  But it sure didn't take long for the activities to kick into high gear!

DSCN4639.JPG

DSCN4640.JPG

"Don't.....it's too early"

DSCN4641.JPG

Grandpa had a place of honor next to the tree.

DSCN4642.JPG

Nana prefers the table.

DSCN4643.JPG

Stella had a very American Girl Christmas, getting this backpack and some clothes.  

DSCN4644.JPG

Modeling her new dress.

DSCN4645.JPG

DSCN4646.JPG

DSCN4647.JPG

It was a successful Christmas.  Not many gifts....we were at Disney World for crying out loud.  But everyone was happy, and we tried to stay focused on the important things and remember our many blessings.  

Once again, we settled in under the awning and enjoyed some relaxation and coffee after the gift opening was finished.  

We had big plans for our Christmas dinner that evening....a place we'd never dined before.  But before that time arrived, we had a surprise visit from Olaf!  

I think he came by to see his old pal Elsa.  And Z wanted to us to see his new costume.  

DSCN4651.JPG

I love this one.  

DSCN4653.JPG

Does it get much sweeter?

DSCN4655.JPG

We have since purchased the exact same costume for Anna, thanks to Kelly's heads up a couple weeks back that it was on sale.  

She is getting it for Easter, so I'll post pics after that.  

At some point during the afternoon, my parents left to drive home, and we took off on a bus for our big dinner plans.  

Coming up in the next update....