DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

That's it! I'm heading back to Boma, in April. That was one of the restaurants we did every....single.....trip. But, I can't remember the last time we went. I think we just started trying other things instead of Boma, but you're reminding me how much I LOVE that place!

Flatbread, Fried green toms and French fries. That is my idea of any awesome lunch.

Hang with the DW and kids at the pool sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon.

Cinnamon roll? Maybe it's just me but it doesn't look very appetizing in the pic. I think I would have skipped it and split a kitchen sink with the girls.

Ok who am I kidding. I wouldn't have share any of my ice cream. :rofl:

We sat under the awning for hours drinking coffee and relaxing.  INC and I snuck away with Anna to Trails End for lunch.  We spent a good amount of the afternoon at the pool.  We were able to get Anna caught up on some sleep with a nice nap.  We had dinner at the campsite.  We went on a small evening excursion.  We watched fireworks and the EWP from the beach.  

Sounds like an awesome day to me!  (minus the lame cinnamon roll)

Love Stella's selfies.  :)

Love the underwater shots. 

Cold cinnamon rolls SMB. 

Yes they do SMB.  They should be outlawed.  

We usually go in late October/early November, and I've never seen so many people at the pool!  It's always too cold then.

Stella did a great job with those photos.

We've had December trips before where we haven't even put a toe into the pool.  But it was quite warm most of the time we were there.....run the A/C warm.  

When I read you had no plans for the day, I thought, "Oh, that would drive me crazy!"  

Then I read what you did.  It sounded awesome.  In spite of the yucky cinnamon roll, it sounds like a great day!

It was a good day!  And I am becoming less of a planner as I get older.  Mainly because I'm lazy and don't care anymore.  LOL.  

That cinnamon roll looked pretty bad. You have saved me from ever trying one.

Anna's lunch looked good.

Fort days do not SMB.

Fort days.....NOT SMB

Boardwalk Cinnamon Rolls.....SMB

That's it! I'm heading back to Boma, in April. That was one of the restaurants we did every....single.....trip. But, I can't remember the last time we went. I think we just started trying other things instead of Boma, but you're reminding me how much I LOVE that place!

You should go then and see if it's as good as you remember.  I have no history to compare it to....but still enjoyed it.  

Flatbread, Fried green toms and French fries. That is my idea of any awesome lunch.

Hang with the DW and kids at the pool sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon.

Cinnamon roll? Maybe it's just me but it doesn't look very appetizing in the pic. I think I would have skipped it and split a kitchen sink with the girls.

Ok who am I kidding. I wouldn't have share any of my ice cream. :rofl:

I had some ice cream once on this trip, but I rarely eat it and haven't for many years.  It doesn't agree with me.  But cinnamon rolls do agree with me.  Just not any of the current ones they sell at WDW.  :D

LOVE the underwater pics.  Super, super cute.  I can always tell when my daughter has found my phone... there are random pictures and videos on it.  Gotta love it, the girl will take a picture of our lamp :)

We sometimes end up with 200 pictures of Barbies on the iPad.  Oy.  

Sounds like an awesome day to me!  (minus the lame cinnamon roll)

Love Stella's selfies.  :)

thanks!  

Totally behind, but now totally caught up.  Again.  I love Stella's selfies.  My girls fall into the same camp as your older ones - many fewer pictures overall, no underwater selfies, etc., at least when they were young.  Now, pictures are so pervasive - on phones, cameras, everywhere it seems - that there's almost too many sometimes.

Still an awesome report.  Looking forward to more.

Also enjoying digital photography - developed a roll of film the other day and it set me back $15.  For 24 shots, some of which were the usual mistake shots of the ground or sky.  Anyone remember having to save some of the vacation funds in order to develop the pictures? 

Great update, and sounds like a fun day of unplanned bliss.  I could use one of those even at home!

Totally behind, but now totally caught up.  Again.  I love Stella's selfies.  My girls fall into the same camp as your older ones - many fewer pictures overall, no underwater selfies, etc., at least when they were young.  Now, pictures are so pervasive - on phones, cameras, everywhere it seems - that there's almost too many sometimes.

Still an awesome report.  Looking forward to more.

Thanks Leslie....I agree, there are too many pictures sometimes these days.  It's overwhelming!

Thanks for posting the review of the Boardwalk Bakery cinnamon rolls.  Those look like they would be OK.  Now, I don't need to try one to find out.   Darn that satanic mermaid and her evil cartel.

TCD

I have a dream that, somewhere on Disney property, there is an awesome but unheralded cinnamon roll waiting to be discovered.

Way to take one for the team…no lame Cinnamon rolls!

Someone had to do it.

Also enjoying digital photography - developed a roll of film the other day and it set me back $15.  For 24 shots, some of which were the usual mistake shots of the ground or sky.  Anyone remember having to save some of the vacation funds in order to develop the pictures? 

Great update, and sounds like a fun day of unplanned bliss.  I could use one of those even at home!

I remember coming home with 4 or 5 rolls of film to take to get developed....and dropping some serious money!  And OH MAN was it disappointing when a bunch didn't turn out.  Now it's just "delete, delete" the bad ones.  That much is good.  

Moving along......we've had several Fort days in a row, and believe it or not, we have TWO MORE to go before we step foot in a park again.  

Let's move on to December 29th.  

First, a bit of background on why this day was to be a big one for me.  

I am the youngest of 3.  I have a brother that is 7 years older than me, and a sister 5 years older.  My brother is the typical "first born over-achiever"....he's not only a doctor, but also a full Colonel in the Army.  He is currently in the middle of a several year appointment as an instructor at the Royal Military Academy in Camberley, England, so we don't see him often.  My sister lives in Illinois, and we don't get to see her much these days either.  But my brother and his wife spent Christmas in the States with their kids (who are all grown), and my sister decided to make a quick trip to FL for New Years week with her "boyfriend".  (Are 60 year old men considered boyfriends?)

We had a 1 day window after my sister arrived in FL but before my brother flew back to England where we could all get together.  And since my parents are only an hour away, that meant that the 5 of us could get together....a rare event!  Since we didn't have a vehicle, we decided that a family reunion at the Fort would make the most sense.  

So that was our plan for 12/29!  

I was a little worried about them getting into the overflow lot, but fortunately being the 29th, and not the 30th or 31st when the big fireworks were going on, it was no problem.  So by late morning we were all at the site in 100 enjoying each other's company.  

The setting....

20141228_164616.jpg

20141228_164630.jpg

Here is my brother, sister and me.

10404175_10204503720725732_7805549594485

SIL, Mom, sister and INC.

10429359_10204503719245695_7439681527058

Mom and her 3 kids.

10676161_10204503720005714_5587029099092

10849894_10204503719805709_1304000478712

10891512_10204503717285646_4657305493759

Sisters boyfriend, brother and me

1620964_10204503721285746_53964628818971

10888845_10204503720365723_8854532562506

My mother wanted to get some pictures of all the adults....so we moseyed down to the Fort beach to get some shots.

10408909_10204503771166993_3774375358864

10423631_10204503749926462_2373271695051

10906081_10204503718725682_4373026190321

Then we decided to go on an excursion....to do a bit of resort hopping.  

On the boat!

1604512_10204503716845635_65474435145236

10671345_10204503716685631_9367456571237

We ended up at the GF so we took advantage of the PP photographer.  

GRAND_GFTREE_7140410488.jpeg

GRAND_GFTREE_7140410492.jpeg

GRAND_GFTREE_7140408124.jpeg

You can see that a handful of folks stayed back at the Fort....including INC.  

One can take only so much of my family...so this gave her some "out" time.  LOL.

GRAND_GFTREE_7140408127.jpeg

GRAND_GFTREE_7140408126.jpeg

I don't think I've introduced the person to the far right yet....that is my brother's youngest son.  

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here....but this is an actual Memory Maker photo.  

GRAND_GFTREE_7140410243.jpeg

And that is all the pics I have of this day.  

I know that we made our way back to the motorhome, where we had a nice dinner outside of spaghetti, salad and bread.  it was another beautiful day weather-wise, so it was very comfortable to sit outside even as it got later in the day....not always a given in late December.  

After dinner, everyone departed and left us back to settle in for the evening.  We had yet another family visit planned for the following day....this one from INC's family.  And we had an AWESOME dinner out to look forward to.  Followed by two remaining park days including yet more Fiend encounters (and 1 remaining Fort day) before this all comes to an end.  So, LOTS more yet to come.  Thanks for hanging in there with me.  

That's the best update yet.  I love love love extended family pictures.

Your SIL must be a tiny thing.  Stella looks like she is every bit as tall as her.

Glad y'all got to have a great day with your family.  Looking forward to hearing about the INC family visit!