DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Tell that to this happy girl who wanted to be Anna.

2fd8d2d3e613b8bae2506c68bc5f2d74.jpg11ac8f4d8b93b8917ba641f10c5348ce.jpg

Best Regards,

Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no arguing with that, Norm!  She's adorable!  

This exactly.

Oh but the shrieking before the castle lighting was probably THE single most annoying thing I've ever experienced at WDW.

And I've spent 24 consecutive hours there in the blistering heat... twice.

We actually didn't see the castle lighting on our trip.  Thankfully.  

And have I ever told you that you are nuckin futs?  

Oh my cuteness!!! 

You got that right.  

Anna is way better then Elsa. In November I agree they were shoving Frozen in our face. It didn't seem quite as bad last week. Still present just not as much. I know it will get way worse when there ride opens.

Any chance Disney realizes they are running the risk of creating Frozen burn out before the ride or 2nd movie opens?  They need to dial it back a bit.  

Anna is way better then Elsa. In November I agree they were shoving Frozen in our face. It didn't seem quite as bad last week. Still present just not as much. I know it will get way worse when there ride opens.

I agree, Daves daughter Anna is wayyyy better than Elsa for sure..lol

They can both take a hike as far as I'm concerned.  The sad thing is, I have nothing against them personally.  But they've been pushed and pushed by Disney like a pimp trying to milk every cent he can from his two newest girls. 

In my mind, you can't blame Disney for giving the people what they want. People want Starbucks? Give 'em Starbucks. I hate that they trashed a classic, original attraction to do it, but I understand the motive.

For me, the same holds with Frozen. I'm not a big Frozen fan, but I'm a huge Frozen supporter, if that makes sense. I definitely think Disney should capitalize on it.

Great report, by the way. Very, very intelligent writing.

We actually didn't see the castle lighting on our trip.  Thankfully.  

And have I ever told you that you are nuckin futs?  

Hmm... perhaps once or twice.  8)

The actual lighting of the castle is lovely.  But the new Frozen show with all the shrieking ahead of time was just awful. I truly hope they go back to the old show next year, but I'm not holding my breath.

#GiveCinderellaHerCastleBack

Now that is awesome!

I say props to the girls who choose to be Anna!

Elsa is way overrated.

TCD

*Ahem*

"Overrated" is not a word I would use to describe this:

Once-Upon-a-Time-Frozen-01.jpg

If you want to be the cute little tomboy girl next door, fine, be Anna.

But if you want to rake in $1.2 billion dollars, win Grammy awards, and have an album that goes triple platinum, you be Elsa.

*Ahem*

"Overrated" is not a word I would use to describe this:

Once-Upon-a-Time-Frozen-01.jpg

If you want to be the cute little tomboy girl next door, fine, be Anna.

But if you want to rake in $1.2 billion dollars, win Grammy awards, and have an album that goes triple platinum, you be Elsa.

I see.

You probably preferred Ginger over Maryanne as well.

TCD

Nice hijack guys.  Very entertaining.  

And for the record, I'm partial to Mrs. Howell.  I always wanted to be someone's Boy Toy.  And she's RICH!  

But there's really one comment that I want to highlight here....

See, now, folks....this is how you comment on a trip report.  Or a non-trip report.  Either is fine.  

Hmm... perhaps once or twice.  B)

The actual lighting of the castle is lovely.  But the new Frozen show with all the shrieking ahead of time was just awful. I truly hope they go back to the old show next year, but I'm not holding my breath.

#GiveCinderellaHerCastleBack

Shieking is bad.  Now, are you referring to the kids in the audience shrieking, or the asshats on stage shrieking?

The Troll called Dave Intelligent. Mark this day in history. 

I have.  And will remind you every day from here on out.  

Let's move on.....I will get one more update in now and then probably won't post another until after we return from the Desoto GG.

If you don't like character meeting pics....this will not be the update for you.  But if you can suffer through those pictures, I have a couple of pics at the end of the update that are GOLD....and give me bragging rights in one way AFAIK.  

So, as I just alluded to, we decided next to go meet some characters.....there was a very short wait of maybe 5 minutes to see Daisy and Minnie.  

Daisy got Anna hugs.

MK_SBCSIDESHOWDAISYCHAR_7144600976.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWDAISYCHAR_7144600977.jpeg

And Stella hugs....

MK_SBCSIDESHOWDAISYCHAR_7144600978.jpeg

We actually had all 5 of the girls together at this point....so they all got in the shot with Daisy.

MK_SBCSIDESHOWDAISYCHAR_7144604883.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWDAISYCHAR_7144604884.jpeg\\

Looking at those pictures, it's hard to imagine that Anna is 7 years old!  She is so tiny compared to our older girls.  Packs a punch, though.  

Next it was our turn to meet the Queen herself....Minnie.

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653726.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653728.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653730.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653733.jpeg

I think they danced.

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653734.jpeg

Or something like that.

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653736.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653737.jpeg

And...here comes the Anna hugs.

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653738.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653739.jpeg

I don't think a single character the entire trip escaped without Anna hugs....although Elsa probably would have preferred to.

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653740.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653741.jpeg

More hugs.

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653745.jpeg

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7144653746.jpeg

I had made Space Mountain fastpasses for the 7 of us....knowing that Anna couldn't ride and INC probably wouldn't want to, but that a couple of us could ride twice.  But as that time approached, it made more sense to go on MDE and see if I could get a different FP for INC and Anna.  Meeting Ariel popped up as available, so I switched them to that, and Stella decided she'd ridden Space enough and would go see Ariel too.  

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7144645353.jpeg

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7144645354.jpeg

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7144644401.jpeg

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7144645357.jpeg

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7144645358.jpeg

You know what had to happen....

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7144645360.jpeg

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7144644404.jpeg

I'm really glad that Anna doesn't share her father's fascination with sea shells.  

Anyways, while INC and the little ones were meeting Ariel, the rest of us went to ride Space Mountain.  

Only, we weren't ONLY riding Space Mountain.  

We were riding Space Mountain with some Fiends!!!!

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7144646153.jpeg

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7144646156.jpeg

Yes, that's right.....that is Leslie and daughter Danielle!!  

And I may be the first Fiend other than Leslie to feature an authentic Rhino Face in my trip report!! 

That gives me RFBR!!!!!  

So, after riding Space, I texted INC and they were in line to meet Merida....yes, another character meeting.  So we all, including Leslie and Danielle, wandered over to join them in line.  

As I have a ton of good pics from the Merida meeting....including some great pics of Anna meeting Danielle, I should break here and leave those all for the next update.  

Hope you have a great weekend.....see you after Desoto!!! 

I always have to take a look at RC in person.  Even though I see many pics posted on here, it's good to see the devastation for myself.  Kind of like a President taking an aerial tour after a hurricane.  

I am really enjoying your musings, but especially this line. 

I wonder do you feel like the President of RC or the Fort or All Things Good That Are Now Dead and Gone?

In my mind, you can't blame Disney for giving the people what they want. People want Starbucks? Give 'em Starbucks. I hate that they trashed a classic, original attraction to do it, but I understand the motive.

For me, the same holds with Frozen. I'm not a big Frozen fan, but I'm a huge Frozen supporter, if that makes sense. I definitely think Disney should capitalize on it.

Is this an anti-rant?  It sounds really positive. 

Shieking is bad.  Now, are you referring to the kids in the audience shrieking, or the asshats on stage shrieking?

The shrieking was all Anna.  They need to turn her mic down a few notches.  I'm pretty sure they had it cranked up to 11.  That or issue ear plugs.

The character pics were terrific and I love that there were hugs all around. I think this is my favorite.  :)

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7144645358.jpeg

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7144646156.jpeg

Yes, that's right.....that is Leslie and daughter Danielle!!  

And I may be the first Fiend other than Leslie to feature an authentic Rhino Face in my trip report!! 

That gives me RFBR!!!!!  

Those are some EPIC bragging rights.  :parrot:

Have a terrific time this weekend!!!  :mh1:

Argh!  A cliffhanger ending!  This is practically unbearable!

Have a great weekend, take lots of pics, and then hurry back.

We are hitting the road in an hour or so.....all packed and waiting for DD19 to get home from class.

I am really enjoying your musings, but especially this line. 

I wonder do you feel like the President of RC or the Fort or All Things Good That Are Now Dead and Gone?

Is this an anti-rant?  It sounds really positive. 

That did sound positive for the Troll.  

And thanks for reading and commenting!

Steve couldn't believe that Anna was seven. He said she is so tiny.

Oh and when I saw the pictures of Anna meeting Ariel I must admit I became a bit concerned.

Yes, hard to believe she's seven.  But she keeps up with the rest of the 1st graders....like the Energizer Bunny.  

The shrieking was all Anna.  They need to turn her mic down a few notches.  I'm pretty sure they had it cranked up to 11.  That or issue ear plugs.

The character pics were terrific and I love that there were hugs all around. I think this is my favorite.  :)

Those are some EPIC bragging rights.  :parrot:

Have a terrific time this weekend!!!  :mh1:

I like the Spinal Tap reference.  Well done.  

I could look at character pictures ALL DAY. I love seeing the kids' reactions. Just magical. 

I'm glad Anna didn't steal a seashell. 

So cool that you got to meet up with Leslie and crew! 

I'm not sure if Ariel was wearing a body suit....you have to think that Disney has planned for young kids to pull down on Ariel's or Jasmine's tops without a Janet Jackson moment occurring.  

Congrats on the RFBR's!  Very cool.

Have a great weekend.  I'm about to head out for a little trip myself.

TCD

Heading out yourself, eh?  I'm guessing WDW or Seaside.  We'll see next week, I suppose.  

Rhino Face and Anna together is one update?

Pure Greatness right there.

I'm talking Knute Rockne meets Vince Lombardi type greatness.

Tom Brady meets Joe Montana type greatness.

Beer meets BACON and MSB Cinnamon rolls type greatness.

Have a great GG weekend Dave.  Enjoy!