DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

... I haven't decided yet whether I'll go there, or if I will ultimately change the title of this non trip report and leave it on a positive note. 

I vote positive note.  For this exact reason...

...  this was a great trip!  ...writing this report, and viewing these pictures again, has softened me a bit. ...I'm in a place now where I can focus on all the great experiences we had as a family. 

IMO life is too short to dwell (or re-dwell) on the negative.  That's not to say you should forget what happened or just gloss over it, but this TR is 31 pages of awesomeness so far.  Dwell on that.  :)

IMHO. I think you should tell the story behind the F-Bombs.

I think the more times it's told the better. Maybe it will get beck to someone at Disney who can do something about what happened. Or at least pass on the story to some big wig. I know it's a long shot but you never know.

I know what happened and I think you were justified in you anger. I did mail you a bar of soap to wash your mouth out Mr. Potty Mouth. And I'm sure you've used it already. Lol! But your anger was justified.

I love those street performers. I'm not just talking about the guys in your video but all of them. I especially like the maintence guys at DHS. Great memories. Did all your DDs know the song?

I have a bunch of Festival of Fantasy pictures to post....which will come in the next update.  But first, I wanted to post this gem all by itself.  

This video shows a little bit of one of my favorite things at WDW....those special little moments that you don't expect.  

We were sitting along the curb in Frontierland waiting for the parade, when these guys came and stood right in front of us.  They entertained us for 5 minutes or so, making the wait go by more quickly but more importantly, providing a great memory for the kids.  I recorded just a short snippet....but the tune is unmistakable.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh8L5obhIfc&feature=youtu.be

Every time I see those guys I have to stop.  I could watch them all day (along with Jimmy the piano player).

I think the more times it's told the better. Maybe it will get beck to someone at Disney who can do something about what happened. Or at least pass on the story to some big wig. I know it's a long shot but you never know.

Maybe. Maybe not.  I'd just hate to see Dave end this awesome TR on the  sour note that made him swear off Disney despite an otherwise wonderful trip.

Maybe a compromise??

End this TR on a high note, change the thread title to something that reflects the awesomeness that nearly all this trip was as Dave suggested he might do, and start a new thread for "the badness" where other people can share similar experiences.

That way the story is still out there (if Dave wants to tell it) and yet he can come back and look at this TR in the future and not have to cringe when he gets to the end.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'd just hate to see Dave end this awesome TR on the sour note that made him swear off Disney despite an otherwise wonderful trip.

Maybe a compromise??

End this TR on a high note, change the thread title to something that reflects the awesomeness that nearly all this trip was as Dave suggested he might do, and start a new thread for "the badness" where other people can share similar experiences.

That way the story is still out there (if Dave wants to tell it) and yet he can come back and look at this TR in the future and not have to cringe when he gets to the end.

Great idea.

I seriously thought, okay, so some guys came and stood in front of you and played some music.  Big deal.  This was a charming memory?  

Then I watched the video.  And I want to be there so bad it hurts.  

I feel bad for the families walking right by this and not seeing the amazing charm in just that few minutes of music.  

I know, right?  

It's one of my favorite things.  

I'm happy to hear that you can now focus on your great experiences.  

But if your experience on the last evening would affect any of us in our upcoming trips, please share.

I may....

Banjos at WDW - good. Banjos in my neck of the woods- BAD

(Cue dueling banjos)

Uh oh.  No squealing.  

I vote positive note.  For this exact reason...

IMO life is too short to dwell (or re-dwell) on the negative.  That's not to say you should forget what happened or just gloss over it, but this TR is 31 pages of awesomeness so far.  Dwell on that.  :)

Good point....

Next thing you know he will start some thread about cinnamon rolls with a constantly changing subject line.

Great idea!

IMHO. I think you should tell the story behind the F-Bombs.

I know what happened and I think you were justified in you anger. I did mail you a bar of soap to wash your mouth out Mr. Potty Mouth. And I'm sure you've used it already. Lol! But your anger was justified.

I love those street performers. I'm not just talking about the guys in your video but all of them. I especially like the maintence guys at DHS. Great memories. Did all your DDs know the song?

You raise good points, too.  

Every time I see those guys I have to stop.  I could watch them all day (along with Jimmy the piano player).

Who is Jimmy the piano player?

Maybe. Maybe not.  I'd just hate to see Dave end this awesome TR on the  sour note that made him swear off Disney despite an otherwise wonderful trip.

Maybe a compromise??

I think I like this idea.

Too much Anna and Stella cuteness here (and DIT shenanigans ) to end on a bad note

You might be right.

Great idea.

That's why Mo gets paid the big bucks around here.  

Ok....so y'all have raised some good points regarding whether or not I should post the details of our last evening.  

The idea that Mo had, to not include that in the trip report but to possibly post it in a separate thread where it could be discussed without marring what to this point has been a positive trip report, is actually what I was beginning to lean toward myself.  I will likely not include it here in this report (yes, I am now calling this a full fledged trip report).  But since I've put it out there long enough, I do feel that y'all deserve to hear the story.  So look for that in a separate thread at some point.  

In the meantime....that means I should probably give this report a different name.  Something positive.  

Any suggestions?

If This Were Any More Adorable It Would Be Illegal

This TR May Cause Excessive Smiling and Cuteness Overload

A Bunch of Characters Meet a Bunch of Characters

Please Keep Your Hands Inside the Meet & Greet at All Times  8)

Hands Across Walt Disney World  :rofl2:

That's why Mo gets paid the big bucks around here.  

Umm... the check is in the mail.... right?!

:waiting2-smiley:

New thread title.

Boy that a tough one. Y'all had so many memorable moments.

How about ..."a Christmas trip to disneyworld full of great moments, memories, and meet & greets. With the greatest meet & greet being when we met meeting h2odivers...ray"

It's a long title but very accurate.

Please Keep Your Hands Inside the Meet & Greet at All Times  B)

Hands Across Walt Disney World  :rofl2:

Good ones!!

He is one of the piano players over at Casey's Corner.  We first met him on our honeymoon in 1984 and still enjoy stopping by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNBTcuWYaJM

Cool!  Have never paid attention to him....but if we enter Casey's we are usually in a hurry to cut through the stores toward the exit.  

New thread title.

Boy that a tough one. Y'all had so many memorable moments.

How about ..."a Christmas trip to disneyworld full of great moments, memories, and meet & greets. With the greatest meet & greet being when we met meeting h2odivers...ray"

It's a long title but very accurate.

Oy.  

"Anna Learns the Rhino"

That's a good one too!

Ok....so y'all have raised some good points regarding whether or not I should post the details of our last evening.

The idea that Mo had, to not include that in the trip report but to possibly post it in a separate thread where it could be discussed without marring what to this point has been a positive trip report, is actually what I was beginning to lean toward myself. I will likely not include it here in this report (yes, I am now calling this a full fledged trip report). But since I've put it out there long enough, I do feel that y'all deserve to hear the story. So look for that in a separate thread at some point.

In the meantime....that means I should probably give this report a different name. Something positive.

Any suggestions?

Camping with the GDF Family Made Christmas Complete!

How bout "FamilyofBears catches DaveInTN with a big slab o ham". That's right folks. Mr. plant eater himself snarfing meat like a carnivore. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. He just couldn't resist Jason's (aka MrGaDawgFan's) BGE cooking.