DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

We went to check out Belle's Enchanted Tail first.

This was the first time we've experienced this attraction. I knew all about the "enchantment" in Maurice's cottage, but it was new for the girls. We all thought the trick was pretty cool.

Stella got a part!

20150102_194617.jpg

Afterward, they invite all the kids to get their photo taken with Belle.

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760780.jpeg

It's something to see your daughter tower over a princess.

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760831.jpeg

And then there's Anna.

We did goofy poses.

MK_MINETRAIN_7145504387.jpeg

That was a blast.

Great pix of the girls.

Stella was the best Maurice, EVER!!!

Has Izzy grown since i saw her this Christmas?

Goofy poses? Why didn't you pose?

Love the name :)

Stella is a cutie!  Your daughter Izzy reminds me of our girl... she is only 8, but I think she too will tower over the princesses some day.  God bless her...the girl is all legs!

Pic of Anna with Belle looking at each other (the one before the picture where they are hugging)... mercy, I think that's my favorite of your sweet girl.

The last pic on the Mine Trail.... LOVE IT!

The pictures of Stella as Maurice are too, too cute!  She looks like she had a ball!

Love Belle's face when she is hugging Anna.  Like she truly understands how special an Anna hug is.

Poses on Mine Train are also excellent.

Those do look like a great way to remember the trip.

Thanks Marty!  Stella enjoyed participating....and Anna always loves hugging Princesses.  

Belles Enchanted Tail -is that a Freudian Slip?

Great that Stella had a part!!!!

Freudian slip?  Me??  :D

Love the Belle and Mine Train photos and great job on the FBD pics!

Stickless family selfie also = excellent. 

Waiting patiently - and glad you're ending on a positive note!  :D

Uh oh....just when I thought I knew all the acronyms, you got me.  FBD?

Rachel's favorite princess is also Belle. Like Izzy it was her first princess movie.

Looks like Stella played her part perfectly. It's all the acting she has done for the Gwen's videos I think that has made her a natural performer.

I love the hands on hip pose with Anna and Belle. It's just so Anna.

Yes, Stella is a ham.  

"It's just so Anna" sounds like the name of a Disney Channel show.  

Love the new title!  :rofl2:

Thanks!  :D

Love the new title. Will we ever get to hear the rest of the story?

Yes, Paul Harvey will share the rest of the story soon.  

Great pix of the girls.

Stella was the best Maurice, EVER!!!

Has Izzy grown since i saw her this Christmas?

Goofy poses? Why didn't you pose?

Thanks Ray!  

I don't think Izzy has grown any more....maybe slightly but I think she has topped out at 6'.  

What, you don't like my poses?  :D

Is Gwen doing the sprinkler? Those are some fun pics.

I didn't know that pose had a name.  I learn something new from you every day.  

Love the name :)

Stella is a cutie!  Your daughter Izzy reminds me of our girl... she is only 8, but I think she too will tower over the princesses some day.  God bless her...the girl is all legs!

Pic of Anna with Belle looking at each other (the one before the picture where they are hugging)... mercy, I think that's my favorite of your sweet girl.

The last pic on the Mine Trail.... LOVE IT!

Thanks Nacole!  I went back and looked at the pic again of Anna and Belle...it really is a good one.  

Love the Mine Train pics, especially because in the silliness is Anna's pure joy.

And I love the new title!!!!!!!

Yeah, that kid LOVES the rides!  

The Mine Train is always fun.

It is.  I wasn't convinced after the first ride, but I really like it now.  

Don't know how I erased the Anna pic but the Anna hug pic is too cute!

Thanks!

More great pics!

Thanks Gwen!

I object.

You promised Mouse Turds.

And F-Bombs.

And you give us Pixie Dust, Unicorns and Rainbows?

I do not like the new title.

Or nice DIT.

Boring.

TCD

You should complain to the management.  Maybe you'll get a gift card.  

With a title like this, no wonder Ms. White filed a restraining order.

Great pics of Stella. She looks like she took her role very seriously :)

We now have restraining orders from several princesses.  

Yes, what TCD said, and now there is another thread titled mouse turds and F bombs. I am so confused.

Then my job here is done.  

What's with the Hollister dude getting all chummy with INC?

I know, right?  Never trust a guy in a Hollister shirt.    

I had a part in Belle's Enchanted Tails a few years back just after it opened. It was cute- glad to see your girls were in it and enjoyed it!

The Enchanted Tail is always a treat.  

Is it tails or tales.....

You pick your favorite.  I prefer tails.  

Had a hard time finding the thread after the title change, but have to admit I chuckled at nearly spewed coffee on the keyboard when I figured it out!  

LOL!

Final Thoughts

Well, we've reached the end.  

2 full weeks at the Fort, including Christmas and New Years.  

5 park days.

Countless enjoyable meals.  

Lots and lots of character interaction, including some good touchy-feely time with Princesses.  

AWESOME Fiend time, including a GG with new and old friends, and sharing a loop with the Dawg Fans.  

A DIT family reunion at the Fort.

A brand spankin' new motorhome.

A fun, special meal at Trails End.

We surprised the girls with New Years Eve at the HDDR.

Super treatment from cast members toward Anna, including some "re-rides" on the Mine Train.

Date night with my beautiful wife at California Grill.  

Yep....this trip really sucked monkey butt!   :rofl2:

So let's get real....we had a very good trip.  Not perfect, of course,  because what IS perfect?  But it was great.  

Yes, it ended on a very sour note.  One that made us truly not want to return to the parks for a while.  I do think Disney has screwed up some things terribly.  I'll address all of that separately.  I know I've dragged it all out for months now....not intentionally, it just worked out that way as it naturally would have come at the end of this report as it happened on the last evening.  And I became conflicted on whether to share it at all.  But I will.  

So where do I stand on the whole Disney thing now?  

I still love Disney.  

And I also hate Disney.  

They do so many things right.  But at the same time they are NOT the company they used to be.  Management makes SO MANY boneheaded decisions.  I seriously shake my head at some of them.  And I think some of those decisions are terribly unfortunate.  But there is still no place on the planet that compares to WDW.  There is no place that offers everything that is offered at WDW on one property.  Where you can park your car and never drive it again for 2 weeks if you don't care to, and visit different theme parks, multiple hotel resorts, water parks, countless dining and nightlife options, and shopping, all connected by transportation.  Nothing compares.  Which is why it's heartbreaking when you see the STUPID decisions that current management makes at times.  

So I'd say I have a love/hate relationship with the place.  

My family is kind of over it for a while.  We are going to spend our dollars elsewhere this year.  We'll still have lots of fun, and we'll see new places.  Nothing wrong with that.  I know we'll be back at the World someday.  I have no doubt about that.  And we are planning another Disney Cruise later this year.  But for now....as far as WDW is concerned, we are done.  

And so is this report.  

Thanks for reading!