DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

Idgits,fidgets, and wandering digits ?

Maybe a stretch on the southern colloquialism of Idiot..not pointed at any of the ladies, mind you

You are pretty inventive with this stuff.  :D

Camping with the GDF Family Made Christmas Complete!

It was a highlight of the trip, for sure.  

How bout "FamilyofBears catches DaveInTN with a big slab o ham". That's right folks. Mr. plant eater himself snarfing meat like a carnivore. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. He just couldn't resist Jason's (aka MrGaDawgFan's) BGE cooking.

Oh, if it's "worth it", I will certainly enjoy it.  And that ham was pretty darn delicious!  

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

How bout "FamilyofBears catches DaveInTN with a big slab o ham". That's right folks. Mr. plant eater himself snarfing meat like a carnivore. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. He just couldn't resist Jason's (aka MrGaDawgFan's) BGE cooking.

I like this idea too.

You know it's been too long since you posted your last update when you have to go back and see exactly where you left off.  

Sorry about that.  

But now, without further delay, it is time to move forward again.  

The last update included lunch at the Plaza and meeting some more princesses.  Plus I shared a little ditty by some Frontierland musicians.  In case you missed that video....here are a couple of pictures I snapped of them.

20150102_142602.jpg

20150102_142617.jpg

That was pure awesomeness.   

At this point, we are still sitting along the curb in Frontierland waiting for FoF.  We had never seen the new parade before, so we found a spot nice and early in the shade to wait and ensure a good view.

I was excited to be seeing this parade in person.  I'd seen so many pictures online that I knew what to expect....but they are never as good in pictures.  And I was also very curious to see whether I would like this parade....you may know due to my ramblings over the years that I hate nearly all parades.  I find them boring, and a waste of my precious park time.  Spectromagic was a notable exception....that parade always get my eyes all misty.  I loved it.  And as much as I loved Spectro....I HATE the stupid MSEP.  I mean HATE.  It gives me headaches from the dumb lights and stupid techno-synth drug fueled music.  

So would I like FoF?  We're going to find out soon.  But we still had a little time to wait.   

At some point, I headed into the candy shop there in Frontierland to get some treats...I seem to recall caramel popcorn and chocolate covered pretzels.  They were devoured pretty quickly....before I could even snap a picture.  

We still a little bit to wait for the parade to start, but before we got to that, we had another magical surprise.....the new Cinderella Coach passed by!

20150102_144718.jpg

20150102_144724.jpg

That thing was unreal.  Not quite as good looking at the Big Blue DIT Van, but it would be fine in a pinch.  

Pretty soon after Cindy's ride passed by, Festival of Fantasy started!  

I know you've all seen hundreds of pictures of this parade by this point, so I really don't have to share all of mine and bore you to death.  I don't have to....but I will.  

20150102_151956.jpg

20150102_152005.jpg

Ok....I was prepared for this guy having seen him in several trip reports prior.  But still, he was creepier than I anticipated.  

20150102_152152.jpg

And I don't recall why the girls on either side of him look so shocked in this picture.  Hope it wasn't me.  

20150102_152155.jpg

After our meet and greet with her, we are bigger Rapunzel fans now.  

20150102_152216.jpg

I have no idea what the heck this is.  But she clearly took a shine to me.  

20150102_152256.jpg

Scary fish chick.  I always keep my eye on this one.  You may recall the parade a few years ago where she tried to eat a small child.  

20150102_152324.jpg

Proof that Disney was celebrating marriage equality long before the rest of America.  

20150102_152435.jpg

You think I'm joking?  Their ship even rests on a rainbow.  

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  

20150102_152504.jpg

20150102_152506.jpg

20150102_152517.jpg

Another princess we have a new appreciation for.  Merida rocks.  Even though her movie is a bit odd.  

20150102_152620.jpg

We have now reached the point in our FoF photos where everyone usually goes nutso posting pictures of the fire breathing dragon.  

I will be no different.  

Here you go.

Fire from a distance!  

20150102_152728.jpg

This was all fine and dandy....but I really wanted a picture of the fire once the dragon got closer.  

20150102_152743%280%29.jpg

You have to admit....they did a nice job on this thing.  

20150102_152758.jpg

20150102_152802.jpg

Come on, dragon....lift your head and BREATH FIRE!!

20150102_152809.jpg

20150102_152828.jpg

I was really, REALLY hoping to get a picture of the dragon breathing fire from the side.  Unfortunately, it didn't blow any fire out again in our area of Frontierland.   :argh:

But have no fear....the dumb puppet and his traveling freak show is here!  

20150102_153003.jpg

And finally, the stars of the show themselves arrived.

20150102_153124.jpg

At this point, our plan was to head out of the park and back to the Fort for a break and dinner....and then return to the MK for our final evening.  

So we left Frontierland by cutting through the walkway into Adventureland, and then toward Casey's so we could head out of the park.  Unfortunately, with the parade still going on down Main Street, we couldn't get to the exits.  Failure of planning.  But, this was a happy accident.....because I got my fire breathing dragon shots from here!

20150102_154730.jpg

BAM!  

20150102_154734.jpg

And the Grand Finale for me....

20150102_154859.jpg

20150102_154914.jpg

I was pretty pleased with that outcome.  

And I was pretty pleased with Festival of Fantasy!  

I'm glad there is now a parade again in the Magic Kingdom worth my time.  I really enjoyed it....and so did all my girls.  

We headed back to the Fort, did some final packing for our departure the next morning, and had a bite to eat.  Then, it was back to the MK.....coming up.

Wow, what a surprising update.  I kept reading, expecting at any moment for you to explain why the Festival of Fantasy parade SMB, but I got to the end, and you liked it?  It's like that old Life cereal commercial when Mikey liked it. I didn't see that coming.

Excellent shots of the dragon breathing fire.  I know those aren't easy to get.

TCD

I agree.  Festival of Fantasy is the FIRST daytime parade I felt worthy of getting out of a ride line to watch.  Congrats on the fire pics!  I love the costumes (some are quite strange, yes) and how creative they are.  I think I am most intrigued by the "thorn guys" in front of Steampunk Flamethrower.

That last update belonged in TCD's TR, because it was strange. I can't believe you liked the parade. I'm still not buying it.

Merida is a huge hit in our household too. That is probably my favorite meet and greet to take the kids to. They always have fun coloring while we wait in the line and they like shooting the bow. It seems Merida spends more time with each group which makes the wait worthwhile.

Excellent update!

Thanks!!

Wow, what a surprising update.  I kept reading, expecting at any moment for you to explain why the Festival of Fantasy parade SMB, but I got to the end, and you liked it?  It's like that old Life cereal commercial when Mikey liked it. I didn't see that coming.

Excellent shots of the dragon breathing fire.  I know those aren't easy to get.

TCD

Nope....FoF does not SMB.  I know some of the floats are a bit large, but that "larger than life" aspect of the parade is one of the things I liked.  

Thanks on the dragon pics.  

We also like the FoF parade, and I'm not a big parade person.

Can't wait to see the new title.

Still working on that....

I'm a big fan of FoF.  Great pics!

Thanks!

Cool dragon pics . Every one likes Life cereal .

You are right.  I like original AND Cinnamon.  

Best Dragon fire pics I have seen.

Here is your new title "Disney Magic is there even when it's not"

Wow, thanks Michael!  High praise.  

Like the title idea too.  

I agree.  Festival of Fantasy is the FIRST daytime parade I felt worthy of getting out of a ride line to watch.  Congrats on the fire pics!  I love the costumes (some are quite strange, yes) and how creative they are.  I think I am most intrigued by the "thorn guys" in front of Steampunk Flamethrower.

Yeah, those thorn guys are pretty cool.  

Great parade pix. Way to score the great dragon pix.

We also enjoy the FoF parade.

Thanks Ray.  

That last update belonged in TCD's TR, because it was strange. I can't believe you liked the parade. I'm still not buying it.

Merida is a huge hit in our household too. That is probably my favorite meet and greet to take the kids to. They always have fun coloring while we wait in the line and they like shooting the bow. It seems Merida spends more time with each group which makes the wait worthwhile.

You can buy it, cause it is true.  I liked the parade.  

I hate mimes...love the Dragon pics!!

That mime creeps me out.  

This report is mercifully drawing close to an ending.  But I still have some pics of our final evening in the MK to share....and then I'll share final thoughts. 

After dinner at the campsite, we headed back to the Fort marina to catch a boat to the MK.

Fort dock selfie.....with no stick.  

20150102_183844.jpg

This is what awaited us when we arrived at the Magic Kingdom.

20150102_192208.jpg

20150102_192352.jpg

We had a couple of Fastpasses for this evening to use....Enchanted Tails of Belle, and the Mine Train.  

We went to check out Belle's Enchanted Tail first.  

This was the first time we've experienced this attraction.  I knew all about the "enchantment" in Maurice's cottage, but it was new for the girls.  We all thought the trick was pretty cool.  

Stella got a part!  

20150102_194617.jpg

20150102_195233.jpg

20150102_195237.jpg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760832.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760802.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760749.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760750.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760758.jpeg

Isabel volunteered to participate as well.  I think she was one of the dishes.  

You can ask her. 

20150102_195356.jpg

Afterward, they invite all the kids to get their photo taken with Belle.  

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760780.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760799.jpeg

Isabel has ALWAYS loved  Belle....partly because their names are similar, and also because it was one of her first Disney movies she loved as a little girl.  

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760775.jpeg

It's something to see your daughter tower over a princess.  

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760831.jpeg

And then there's Anna.  

She was ALL ABOUT running up to get in line and meet Belle.  

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760812.jpeg

And Belle got Anna hugs.

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760769.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7148760773.jpeg

We are glad we got to see Belle's Enchanted Tail, but like most parts of New Fantasyland, I thought they could have done something better.  Still, it was enjoyable.  

We also got one more ride on the Mine Train accomplished that evening.  I LOVE night time rides on the Mine Train.  

We did goofy poses.

MK_MINETRAIN_7145504387.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7145504390.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7145504406.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7145504409.jpeg

That was a blast.  

And as it turns out....that was the last "fun" we had on this trip.  

Our plan was to catch some of Wishes, and then go ride BTMRR and end the evening with some ice cream and a ride on the People Mover.  

But that didn't happen.  

In my next post, I'll wrap this thing up with final thoughts.  And I'll rename it.  We're going to end on a positive note.  And it doesn't get much more positive than fun on the Mine Train with your family.  So that is how I'll leave it.   

The pictures of Stella as Maurice are too, too cute!  She looks like she had a ball!

Love Belle's face when she is hugging Anna.  Like she truly understands how special an Anna hug is.

Poses on Mine Train are also excellent.

Those do look like a great way to remember the trip.

Love the Belle and Mine Train photos and great job on the FBD pics!

Stickless family selfie also = excellent. 

In my next post, I'll wrap this thing up with final thoughts.  And I'll rename it.  We're going to end on a positive note.  And it doesn't get much more positive than fun on the Mine Train with your family.  So that is how I'll leave it.   

Waiting patiently - and glad you're ending on a positive note!  :D

Rachel's favorite princess is also Belle. Like Izzy it was her first princess movie.

Looks like Stella played her part perfectly. It's all the acting she has done for the Gwen's videos I think that has made her a natural performer.

I love the hands on hip pose with Anna and Belle. It's just so Anna.