DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Wow, what an awesome New Year's Eve you had!

A perfect Fort evening.

I love seeing that Stella is old enough to hang with her big sisters now.

TCD

She has a lot of fun hanging with her older sisters.  Stella is 9 now....and our oldest is 19.  Hard to believe....but you know how fast that happens.  

WOW, sounds like a great New Yeas Eve :yaysmilesa-smiley: and to the girls for 6 rides on EE :rollercoaster: great job!!!!!!!

Thanks Rennie!

Very nice update!

Thanks for reading along, Carol!

HDDR and beach fireworks.....doesnt get much better than that.

Well....it could be improved if one could enjoy a warm, ooey gooey MSB cinnamon roll while sitting on the beach watching the fireworks.  

I know I would yak if I yetied that much...

Great New Years!!!

Good one, Rob!   :lol:

:lol:  Agreed!

Sounds like a perfect NYE!

Yep, it was pretty nice!

LOVE these photos!!

AK_EVRST3_7143222863.jpeg

Look at all that bare concrete behind them.  

They said you could have rolled a bowling ball through the park and not hit a single person.  

They went straight to EE.

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7143227968.jpeg

Check out that last picture.  

Do you see what they are doing?  

Celebrating the New Years....Everest style!  

2-0-1-5

Awesome sauce.   

Awesome sauce indeed!  It all sounds like a *terrific* way to spend a NYE.

Um but this...

We went for a walk, and ended up in 500 at the site of an old, dear cupcake.  

20141231_203739.jpg

I'm pretty sure you just won the internet.

That is a good call Dave......also an ice cold beer.

I am partial to Sam Adams Cold Snap right now.

I'm partial to whatever I have in my fridge.  Right now it's some Guinness Blonde.  

LOVE these photos!!

Awesome sauce indeed!  It all sounds like a *terrific* way to spend a NYE.

Um but this...

I'm pretty sure you just won the internet.

I can't be at the Fort at the same time as ole Cupcake and not pay him a visit.  Or I should say....not pay his site decorations a visit to snap a funny picture.  :D

Did you leave Lars any starlight mints?

The girls looked like they had a great time at AK. I noticed the Arms UP! training for their future WWWs. Great job!

No, no mints unfortunately.  

Yes, those girls are training for future WWW.  

I wonder how long before NYE at Animal Kingdom becomes crowded?  No way the mouse is going to let that park lose revenue on a night like that!

Love the update, but looks like a damp, raw day.

It was definitely damp and cool....around 60 degrees.  But after a straight week in the 80's it felt refreshing.  And it was not too cold to enjoy the fireworks that night. 

Awesome NYE!

Thanks!  It was fun.

Surprise HDDR, lots of rides, and fireworks... What a great New Year's Eve! 

I love the pictures of your girls on their adventure. 

Thanks Kelly!  Wish y'all could have stayed through New Years....it was a good day.  And I know you would have also followed your boyfriend's advice, so we could have enjoyed AK together without crowds.  

Hmmm.... I adore my husband, but I may need to get to know Kelly's special boyfriend :)   NO crowds at AK...wow!  

Looks like you all had a really great NYE.  I'm not a late night person...thinking back, I may have stayed up to ring in the New Year 2 or 3 times (don't think it was any more than that).  Actually, I grew up in Wa State, so most of the time I just rang in the New Year with NYC... which means it was only 9pm where I was  :lol:

Kelly's boyfriend is the bomb dot com when it comes to crowd predictions!

I am always on the fence about doing Disney over a holiday.  In most cases, I have too much exptrended family to spend time with to have time to get away.  But you make it look very tempting, Dave!

Hmmm.... I adore my husband, but I may need to get to know Kelly's special boyfriend :)   NO crowds at AK...wow!  

Looks like you all had a really great NYE.  I'm not a late night person...thinking back, I may have stayed up to ring in the New Year 2 or 3 times (don't think it was any more than that).  Actually, I grew up in Wa State, so most of the time I just rang in the New Year with NYC... which means it was only 9pm where I was  :lol:

Watching the ball drop at 9pm and going to be is about my speed.  

Kelly's boyfriend is the bomb dot com when it comes to crowd predictions!

I am always on the fence about doing Disney over a holiday.  In most cases, I have too much exptrended family to spend time with to have time to get away.  But you make it look very tempting, Dave!

Well....if it helps make up your mind, I don't see us going to Disney over the holidays again any time soon.  Our luck eventually did run out.  

1) Is that cupcake's class c? Did he trade in the Econoline and 60'tt? If so, what will happen to all his mods?

2) Blaring some Neil on the beach at FW? Those must have been some hard core hell raisers right there.

No, that's Lars' neighbor's RV....Lars still has the old trailer with all the mods.  

We are lurching toward a conclusion of this non-trip report now....but still have quite a bit of content to share.  Most of the remaining pictures are from January 2nd....when we make our last park visit of the trip to the Magic Kingdom.  But we have  January 1st to cover before we get to that....and it was another Fort relaxation day.  

It started as all Fort days start....coffee under the awning.  

Then, another of my favorite Fort activities....a bike ride.  

This was just Stella and me.  

We started around the Settlement, which means the obligatory visit to the decaying sadness that is River Country.

I call this "Forlorn Shot of Painted Face Viewing Decaying Sadness".

20150101_151330.jpg

Those slides get worse and worse every year.  

20150101_151336.jpg

20150101_151349.jpg

The blue tanks being used in secret Iranian nuclear tests are still just sitting in the weeds over there.  

20150101_151405.jpg

I know you all think I'm crazy, but some day my theories on this matter will be proven, and this entire water park will be nothing but a decaying mess.  You'll see.  

We were on the lookout for panthers but, not seeing any, we decided to move on.  

Stella liked the decorations for the BYBBQ.

20150101_151833.jpg

We rode over to visit with the ponies and check out the old windmill.  

Artsy Fartsy Windmill Shot.

20150101_152316.jpg

This one is less cluttered.

20150101_152323.jpg

Check out the twisting vines....those things have been growing here for a long time.  They are thick and wound all around that poor windmill.  I bet if it didn't cost any money to rip down, this would be long gone.  But it's easier and cheaper to just let it sit here and get overgrown.  Structurally, it seems pretty sound.  

Standing underneath the old windmill got me really thinking about how much the TCD Farm area has changed over the years.  I used to bring my girls down to watch the blacksmith work....he was there regularly working on horseshoes, and we have a couple of old horseshoes that he gave them as momentos.  On this trip, in two weeks I never saw him there.  Do they even use the blacksmith shop anymore?

Also, the petting farm is long gone.  Now they have the ponies, and the horses in the big barn.  That's about it.  

We did enjoy watching the ponies and horses, but it would be nice to pet a goat or something.  Or maybe to chase a chicken.  

Oh well, that ship has sailed.  At least we still have the covered wagon....oh, wait.  

So, the rest of our New Years Day was pretty quiet.  We hung low and recovered from our late night the day before.  

That evening, INC and I sent the girls over to the Contemp Cafe for dinner while we visited Trails End.  We enjoyed a nice meal prepared by Chef TJ....I wrote about that dinner a couple of months ago, so I won't rehash it here.  It was delicious.  And that's that.  

Let's break here.  The next updates will cover our final Magic Kingdom day.  Including another Fiend encounter, with cute pictures to prove it.  

Stella's face paint held up well!

Wonder how long it's gonna be until that rock in the center of your RC photos falls into the water.

The question is....will the rock fall first or be bulldozed?  Probably fall.  

I loved "Forlorn Shot of Painted Face Viewing Decaying Sadness".

Was your subject standing on the rock formation on your side of the fence?

TCD

Yes, she was on the big rock.  

Having never spent anytime around the old RC area I didn't realize how easy it was to see those slides.  I would have loved to have gone down those.

There's still time.  Go for it.  

When I saw the description I was afraid it was a picture of my wife putting her makeup on and watchimg me in getting out of the shower....

Ok.....that there is funny!    :rofl2:

Nice artsy fartsy shots!

Also glad you guys had ANOTHER date night and awesome meal. This trip SMB for sure.

It really did.  

I'm still recovering from the thought of 3 rides on primeval whirl :barf:

I'm with you.  I didn't even ride it once....opting to take Anna on the Animal Kingdom Dumbos while INC rode that.  

Standing underneath the old windmill got me really thinking about how much the TCD Farm area has changed over the years.  I used to bring my girls down to watch the blacksmith work....he was there regularly working on horseshoes, and we have a couple of old horseshoes that he gave them as momentos.  On this trip, in two weeks I never saw him there.  Do they even use the blacksmith shop anymore?

The blacksmith was there last Thursday.  We watched him for about 15 minutes while he was putting new shoes on a horse.