DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Oh my gosh... what an AWESOME day!  LOVE the family pictures.  So glad you got to have this special day... what a blessing.

Looking back on this day and viewing the pictures....I am really glad we got the chance to do it.  

So cool that you got to have a reunion at the Fort!!  Really great family photos, but I have to say this one explains so much...  B)

10906081_10204503718725682_4373026190321

I was a tortured child....and here's the proof.  

That is some wonderful family pictures!!! Looks like it was a great time.

Yeah, thanks Rennie!

What a great thing for your mom and dad to get all the "kids" together!

It looks like y'all had a great visit.

The Fort is a magical place.  I can't understand why you don't have another trip planned there for this year already.

TCD

Mystifying, ain't it?  

What an amazing place to have a family reunion!  That is my dream for someday when my kids are grown and scattered!

I hope you get to do that!  

Love all the family pictures.  INC looks like your sister and your mom.

People have said that before.  But clearly she's the better looking sister.  LOL.

That's the best update yet.  I love love love extended family pictures.

Your SIL must be a tiny thing.  Stella looks like she is every bit as tall as her.

Glad y'all got to have a great day with your family.  Looking forward to hearing about the INC family visit!

My SIL is 4'9".  Funny thing is, she grew up in a rough part of Jersey City (I guess they are all rough?) and played on her high school girls basketball team.  She's scrappy!

Love that you all got together! Special times!

But how did you get into the adult picture?

If that is true....and you are my sister.....what does that say about you??

Great family pics!

Boat rides and resort hopping is all win.

Thanks Aaron!!

Ohhh Snap!!!

Don't encourage her.  

Awww family time!

My brother and his wife live over in the MidEast. So, when they come back for a visit I generally head up to MD to visit. They are actually moving back to the states for a few years so, we will hopefully get together more often.

I'm glad that you will see them more often...and I imagine you'll feel better about them living here than over there.  

Very cool!

Thanks Eric!

What an awesome day!

That's a good looking family.

Glad the stars aligned and all three siblings were able to be together with y'all's folks.

Thanks Ray.  You just never know how many more opportunities you'll have for something like that.  

Fixed.  B)

I know!  I really wish.....

December 30th....yet another day of lounging around the Fort.  

As I look back on this trip, our Fort days were the ones that I have the fondest memories of.  

And this particular Fort day started with a visitor joining us for coffee under the awning.

20141230_080751.jpg

The thing about this particular armadillo is....he walked under our RV and literally right past my leg as I sat in my chair.  

And he proceeded to walk off of our pad, and smack into a tree.  

Are armadillos blind?  

Anyways, he eventually found his way around the tree and continued on to my neighbor's site.  

After a while, INC and I got a bit bored with the view at our site, so we took our coffee to a new locale.

20141230_125019.jpg

Not a bad view, eh?  Two Fort Christmas trees from a porch rocker.....winning.  

As I said previously, we didn't have any plans for this day.  But we did have plans for that evening.  INC's niece and her fiance moved to Orlando from Palm City last year, and we made plans to meet for dinner that evening.  

I went on the Disney dining site to see what was available for 9 people at DTD on short notice....and up popped Raglan Road.   Again.....winning!

We'd never dined at Raglan Road, and I have always wanted to try their bread pudding.  Plus...I love fish and chips.  So, it was predetermined that this would be a so-called "cheat night" from the plant based eating.  

We got to the restaurant quite a bit before INC's niece....they were stuck in awful Orlando traffic.  But that's ok....they happen to have things at Raglan Road that make waiting not so bad.

20141230_164851.jpg

They texted INC and said they'd be a half hour or more late, so I explained to our waitress and apologized for holding up the table.  She wasn't concerned at all and said not to worry about it....and we ordered some apps to wait.  

The wait went quickly, as the dancers came around the our table and the kids joined in.

20141230_172911_LLS.jpg

20141230_172917_LLS.jpg

20141230_172928_LLS.jpg

It's nice that all the kids who dance get a certificate.

20141230_173051_LLS.jpg

I believe that Stella saved hers and put it in her "box of dreams" under her bed.  

Our family arrived, and everyone ended up ordering fish and chips!  INC and I split one....it was plenty big.  Plus, I wanted to save room for that bread pudding.

After our entrees were finished, the girls were saying that they would rather wait to go to Goofy's Candy Company rather than have dessert at the restaurant.  And since us adults wanted to visit, we figured this was a good opportunity to send our 5 girls off to Goofy's for their dessert while the 4 adults enjoyed bread pudding.   

20141230_182338_LLS.jpg

Ok....about the bread pudding.  

I don't know how many people have raved about that bread pudding over the years.  And I also don't know how many times I have looked forward to trying something at Disney World that someone has raved over, only to be disappointed.  Let's just say, it happens a lot.  

But not this time.  

That bread pudding is one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth.  

Holy cow....my mouth is watering just thinking about it.  

Again, INC and I split one.  I think it's far too big and far too rich for me to eat alone.  Although I'd be willing to try.  

Awesome.  And the two sauces that come with it?  Awesome sauce.  

So, even though this meal was not exactly healthy, and it made me feel a bit ill afterward, it was worth it!  

After visiting for a bit, we needed to finally give up our table.  I tipped the waitress accordingly for holding the table so long, and we said our goodbyes to INC's niece and her fiance.  

INC and I reluctantly wandered toward Goofy's to join back up with the girls and see how much they spent on candy.  

Damn those Magic Bands.  

Anyways, we found them and waddled toward the buses to head back to the Fort.  

Another day was complete.  But we still had 3 more days before heading for home....and 2 of them were park days.  

Our next park day.....at Animal Kingdom.....is coming up next.  Plus, this day included a BIG SURPRISE for the girls.   

Raglan Road is where Rene and I are planning on eating the night we do Cirque. I'm happy to hear your glowing (?) review and makes me more comfortable with our plan. Got to hand it to you this is a great not a trip report report.

By the way being the oldest brother I full empathize with what your brother had to go through and find his actions totally within reason. I just wish my folks would have laughed at it like yours are in the photo when I did similar things to my little brother.  :rofl2: 

Ahh raglan. Do you know that our Bella is now an award-winning Irish dancer because of that restaurant. She started dancing there when she was tiny and now she goes to practice every night and competes and performs all over the country. We are an irish dancing family because of raglan road. And more specifically because of Danielle, one of the dancers there (who is no longer there and who we miss very much). It's amazing to see your kid find their passion. And for them to actually be talented in that particular activity. It has brought us a lot of joy.

Sorry for the hijack. I obviously love that restaurant. And you know what? Their food is reaaaaly great. They have a very talented chef.

Funny story about mrofbears. First time we met Danielle, he didnt realize how authentic she was. He said, in trying to make conversation with the pretty dancer, "So, where did you learn how to dance". She says, in a very thick accent "Dublin". "Ooooh, right, right, Dublin." Like it was the school down the road. I think he felt a little sheepish.

Looking forward to finding out how you suprised your girls!

Fried food? I bet there were some `Ohana moments! 

We need to go to Raglan Road. They have one of the best beer selections on property and pretty dancers. That might make Jason agree to more trips. 

So we're on page 21, and the worst thing we've read is that the monorail broke down while you were on a date with your beautiful wife. And you still made the fireworks. 

This trip is horrible! 

Truth.

Yep.

A big surprise at AK?  I'm intrigued.

Well.....I actually never said the big surprise was at AK.  Stay tuned.  

I have never been to RR either. I need to remedy that but I am trying to forego trips to DD so I can see the changes all together, when the re-imagining is complete.

Plus i hear DBs hang out in the lego store there.

You need to get to RR.  I wasn't completely convinced.  Now I am.  

Raglan Road is where Rene and I are planning on eating the night we do Cirque. I'm happy to hear your glowing (?) review and makes me more comfortable with our plan. Got to hand it to you this is a great not a trip report report.

By the way being the oldest brother I full empathize with what your brother had to go through and find his actions totally within reason. I just wish my folks would have laughed at it like yours are in the photo when I did similar things to my little brother.  :rofl2:

I hope you and Rene enjoy it as much as we did.  

Raglan Road is an awesome place we never miss it.  Family of Bears turned us on to it one trip.  I believe they closed it down many nights on that trip.

It is great that you guys got to be with family and visit Disney over the holiday.  WINNING for sure!

Yep.....it is awesome!  

Ahh raglan. Do you know that our Bella is now an award-winning Irish dancer because of that restaurant. She started dancing there when she was tiny and now she goes to practice every night and competes and performs all over the country. We are an irish dancing family because of raglan road. And more specifically because of Danielle, one of the dancers there (who is no longer there and who we miss very much). It's amazing to see your kid find their passion. And for them to actually be talented in that particular activity. It has brought us a lot of joy.

Sorry for the hijack. I obviously love that restaurant. And you know what? Their food is reaaaaly great. They have a very talented chef.

Funny story about mrofbears. First time we met Danielle, he didnt realize how authentic she was. He said, in trying to make conversation with the pretty dancer, "So, where did you learn how to dance". She says, in a very thick accent "Dublin". "Ooooh, right, right, Dublin." Like it was the school down the road. I think he felt a little sheepish.

Wow, Brandy!  I knew Bella danced but I guess I didn't know how extensively.  That is great!  I agree....it's amazing to watch your child find their passion.  And it's amazing to see how different those passions can be for kids who came from the same womb.  LOL.  God works in mysterious ways.  

Dublin....too funny.  

Fried food? I bet there were some `Ohana moments! 

We need to go to Raglan Road. They have one of the best beer selections on property and pretty dancers. That might make Jason agree to more trips. 

So we're on page 21, and the worst thing we've read is that the monorail broke down while you were on a date with your beautiful wife. And you still made the fireworks. 

This trip is horrible! 

I am glad you understand my misery.  Awful, ain't it?!?

And no....surprisingly the food didn't affect me too terribly.  

Ragland road is our go to place in DTD. I don't think we've been to WDW and not been to RR. The crock o pate is awesome. And the best part is that DW and DD don't like it so I get it all to myself.

All three of us love it. DW is half Irish and loves the atmosphere, and the food. DD loves to watch and participate in the dances. (I have a ton of pix of her dancing there). And me, well I like it all. We always show up early so we can sit up at the bar and have a drink and an app, and then sit at a table to enjoy the show and the food. And occasionally I enjoy a pint, or 2, or 3. And maybe I get a bread pudding for dessert.

Sounds like y'all had a great meal, and a nice visit.

Big surprise at AK? What could it be? I'm going to guess that y'all took the safari tour.

Put me on the list of those who haven't been to Raglan Road.

Yet.

I do love me some bread pudding.  So, it's going to happen.  I only wish it wasn't at Downtown Disney Springs Marketplace Island or whatever that place is called.

Is the big surprise at AK an encounter with your favorite weed?  Did you smuggle in some Round-Up and finally end it?

TCD

We are big Raglan Road fans also! It used to be our go to spot back when we were regular vistors to WDW, but now that we have limited time at the world and DTD is a mess we skipped it on our last trip.

It's funny though because now that I think about it I've only eaten there once and that was a looonnnggg time ago.  We always went for the live music and drinks.  I actually bought Creel's CD last time we were there, but I heard they broke up and don't play there anymore.

This may sound like an odd drink choice but I can't tell you how many times I got an irish coffee there.  I guess after a long day of work then driving three hours to get there, I always got one to wake me up and warm me up for a good night out!

Wow that's awesome! I remember your trip reports of going to Raglan Road and you're daughter dancing, what a cool story that she's now actually an irish dancer.

WBI

"Box of Dreams" ?   That just sounds too sweet  :heart:

Yeah, that's a term INC always uses for the box of "stuff" that our girls save.  

Ragland road is our go to place in DTD. I don't think we've been to WDW and not been to RR. The crock o pate is awesome. And the best part is that DW and DD don't like it so I get it all to myself.

All three of us love it. DW is half Irish and loves the atmosphere, and the food. DD loves to watch and participate in the dances. (I have a ton of pix of her dancing there). And me, well I like it all. We always show up early so we can sit up at the bar and have a drink and an app, and then sit at a table to enjoy the show and the food. And occasionally I enjoy a pint, or 2, or 3. And maybe I get a bread pudding for dessert.

Sounds like y'all had a great meal, and a nice visit.

Big surprise at AK? What could it be? I'm going to guess that y'all took the safari tour.

Go back and read my response to Gwen a few posts up.....not AK.  

Put me on the list of those who haven't been to Raglan Road.

Yet.

I do love me some bread pudding.  So, it's going to happen.  I only wish it wasn't at Downtown Disney Springs Marketplace Island or whatever that place is called.

Is the big surprise at AK an encounter with your favorite weed?  Did you smuggle in some Round-Up and finally end it?

TCD

You need to get that bread pudding.  it's life changing.  

And see my comment to Ray above yours.  

We are big Raglan Road fans also! It used to be our go to spot back when we were regular vistors to WDW, but now that we have limited time at the world and DTD is a mess we skipped it on our last trip.

It's funny though because now that I think about it I've only eaten there once and that was a looonnnggg time ago.  We always went for the live music and drinks.  I actually bought Creel's CD last time we were there, but I heard they broke up and don't play there anymore.

This may sound like an odd drink choice but I can't tell you how many times I got an irish coffee there.  I guess after a long day of work then driving three hours to get there, I always got one to wake me up and warm me up for a good night out!

Wow that's awesome! I remember your trip reports of going to Raglan Road and you're daughter dancing, what a cool story that she's now actually an irish dancer.

WBI

I haven't had Irish Coffee in a LONG time.  Used to enjoy it during the holidays when we lived in Buffalo.  Anything warm to drink works up there, and adding alcohol to it is a bonus.

"Box of Dreams" ?   That just sounds too sweet  :heart:

Myself and my girls have something like that, we put all our ticket stubs in a ziploc bag. We call it our coffin bag, because my wife said when I die she isn't keeping it and its going in the coffin with me. LOL

Best Regards,

Norm

It's New Year's Eve!  

Our week of Fort only days has come to a close.  It's time to get back to the parks.  

As I mentioned earlier in this non-trip report, I planned our 5 park days around Kelly's boyfriend's recommendations.  Well, 4 of them anyways.  Including this one.  While conventional wisdom will tell you that New Years Eve is a good day to steer clear of the parks, there is one park that is not awful on this day.  And it makes sense.  Animal Kingdom has no night time activities.  So people looking for prime NYE activities don't bother going there.  Or do they?  We'll  get to that in a minute.  

We headed back through the Settlement to catch a bus to the Outpost....and enjoyed the early morning peacefulness once again.

DSCN4699.JPG

We arrived at the Outpost and waited a LONG time for a bus.  But if you wanted to go to Epcot you had several choices, at the same time!

10885396_860729717321351_448006844607362

That there is a Dispatch Fail.

The first clue we had that NYE is a day to avoid the parks came when we boarded our bus at the Outpost.  The driver indicated that we'd be taking a different route to AK than the typical one....because traffic heading to the MK and Epcot was backed up on the usual route.  No big deal.  

As we crossed World Drive, this was the view below us of folks trying to get to the MK.

20141231_080745.jpg

Sorry it's blurry....but you can see the line of brake lights.  And this was all the way down at Osceola Parkway....a full 3 miles south of the MK tollbooths.  

No thanks.  

We had zero traffic getting to AK...a very good sign.  

We arrived for rope drop and there were only 200 people there, according to a CM.  Winning!  We got right in and headed straight for EE.  The posted wait time was 15 minutes, but in less than 5 we were through the line, barely having time for a couple of queue pics.  

DSCN4700.JPG

20141231_084508.jpg

She wasn't TOO nervous!  

DSCN4701.JPG

DSCN4702.JPG

In no time at all we were seeing this!

20141231_083816.jpg

20141231_083757.jpg

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7142308568.jpeg

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7142313482.jpeg

We got off and the wait was still non-existent.  So naturally we rode again.  

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7142303358.jpeg

Twice on EE is MORE than enough for me.  My brain feels like it's been jiggled and smooshed.  So I was out.  And Gwen was wanting to go meet up with INC to ride Dinosaur, so I switched and took Anna while they did that, and the other girls rode EE for the 3rd time.  

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7142393309.jpeg

And INC and Gwen enjoyed Dinosaur.  

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7142393059.jpeg

We all met back up and headed for Safari.  

DSCN4705.JPG

DSCN4707.JPG

DSCN4708.JPG

DSCN4709.JPG

Something with stripes.

DSCN4710.JPG

Something fat.

DSCN4713.JPG

Something in the water.

DSCN4716.JPG

Something wishing it was eating something in the water.

DSCN4717.JPG

The front side of water.

DSCN4718.JPG

Something with horns.

DSCN4719.JPG

Something tall.

DSCN4720.JPG

DSCN4721.JPG

DSCN4722.JPG

I think a pic of this house was posted recently....maybe by Gwen?  Anyways, here's another in case you missed that one.  

DSCN4723.JPG

After the Safari ride we were hungry, and the kids always want to get Chinese take out from the Yak and Yeti counter serve place, so we headed that way.  

I was VERY CAREFUL along to way to not get taken by surprise by the Giant Weed Woman.  Fortunately I didn't see her this day.  

I grabbed a couple of falafel pita sandwiches from a stand for INC and me...

DSCN4724.JPG

....and we got the girls their Chinese food.

DSCN4725.JPG

After lunch we went to see FOTLK....but I'm going to break here as I'm nearing the picture limit and want to keep all of our Lion King pics together....

Myself and my girls have something like that, we put all our ticket stubs in a ziploc bag. We call it our coffin bag, because my wife said when I die she isn't keeping it and its going in the coffin with me. LOL

Best Regards,

Norm

LOL!  That's funny.

Put me on the list too.  Their menu isn't exactly conducive to low carb eating.

Their menu isn't conducive to how we eat either.  But OH MAN was it worth it.  :D

The pate is quite delicious. Perhaps you could sub something for the toast points.

Heck just go have a glass of wine and enjoy the free show.

That's a plan!