DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

Thanks for continuing this non-trip report! 

I love the idea of Christmas at the Fort and this is adding to it.

I'm ready for more!

WBI

I thought said this before but now its not there?

You're daughters are too cute, especially Anna as Elsa and especially hugging the Z-Olaf!

WBI

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Oh my gosh - this is adorable.  The blurry excited Anna with Santa pic was awesome also.

Thanks Leslie!  Anna gets about as excited over things as anyone I know.  I wish I could feel that way sometimes.  

Thanks for continuing this non-trip report! 

I love the idea of Christmas at the Fort and this is adding to it.

I'm ready for more!

WBI

I have a feeling W will be spending Christmas at the Fort sooner than you think.  :)

:wub:

I know.  

Anna in an Elsa dress hugging Olaf?

I love it!

TCD

It was about cute as I can stand.  

I thought said this before but now its not there?

You're daughters are too cute, especially Anna as Elsa and especially hugging the Z-Olaf!

WBI

Thanks!

What a great Christmas Eve and Day.

That's neat that Santa comes to the fort in Christmas Eve. Love those pix on the porch.

I'm confused? Was that Elsa hugging Olaf or Anna hugging Z? Or Anna hugging Olaf? Elsa hugging Z? Lol. Too cute!

It's all very confusing.  

The pictures of Anna/Elsa and Z/Olaf never get old. Those are some cute kids!

Ahhh.... you have me really missing the Fort. Christmas there was awesome. 

I was hoping to see her reaction to the Elsa doll though!!!

Like I've said before, I was awful with the picture taking on this trip.  Although I don't regret it....I just tried to enjoy those moments rather than see them all through the lens of a camera.  It was cute though!!  

Lots of great pics in this update (and I love Gwen's boots!) but those photos of Anna and Z... I mean Olaf... might be the most adorable pictures EVAH. 

Pretty cute stuff. 

Honestly I'm loving this trip report,

BUT if you don't drop an f-bomb or mouse turd soon we might need to petition for a name change.  

The f bombs were dropped on the last day of the trip.  But if it makes you feel any better, I'm dropping some in my head right now.   :raspberry:

I tell you Dave I can really see why you didn't want to do a trip report and why you don't like Disney anymore. I mean it's just wrong to have so many cute pictures and good memories with your family. I feel your pain. Wait no I don't suck it up man. You had a great vacation now smile and book another trip.

I was thinking - good thing you are posting all these photos of such a terrible time at Disney.  I mean, it really helps me not want to go back to the place and NOT enjoy big smiles, multiple rides on 7dmt, kids all getting along and the good food, character interactions, you know - the really bad things in life ! 

But, our last trip included me getting an Anna hug and that will be hard to top, so I might just quit while I am ahead.

I tell you Dave I can really see why you didn't want to do a trip report and why you don't like Disney anymore. I mean it's just wrong to have so many cute pictures and good memories with your family. I feel your pain. Wait no I don't suck it up man. You had a great vacation now smile and book another trip.

Nope!   :lol:

I was thinking - good thing you are posting all these photos of such a terrible time at Disney.  I mean, it really helps me not want to go back to the place and NOT enjoy big smiles, multiple rides on 7dmt, kids all getting along and the good food, character interactions, you know - the really bad things in life ! 

But, our last trip included me getting an Anna hug and that will be hard to top, so I might just quit while I am ahead.

I'm glad I can help you see how miserable that place is.   :P

Should we continue on with Christmas Day?

When I was planning this trip, I had a bit of a tough time deciding what to do about Christmas dinner.  I wanted something nice, but didn't want a traditional dinner.  I looked at a lot of menus and reviews, and finally decided on Boma.  We'd never dined there, and it would give us a chance to visit the AKL, which we'd only done once previously.  

I made an ADR for an earlier dinner time of 4:50, and we hit the buses mid-afternoon to begin the trek.  

We arrived at the Lodge with enough time and daylight left to check out the animals.

DSCN4657.JPG

DSCN4658.JPG

Goofball.

DSCN4659.JPG

DSCN4660.JPG

We headed back inside the lobby to check out the hotel a bit.  

Anna wanted to pose in front of the tree.

DSCN4656.JPG

Fortunately, there was a PP photographer there so we got in line to get some family shots done.  

AKLODGE_LOBBY_7135945668.jpeg

AKLODGE_LOBBY_7135945670.jpeg

AKLODGE_LOBBY_7135945674.jpeg

After the pictures we headed downstairs to check in for dinner.  Boma is downstairs from the lobby at AKL.  We had a little bit of a wait but not too bad.  

DSCN4663.JPG

Here's what the restaurant looks like when looking in from the waiting area.  You can see the buffets.  

DSCN4664.JPG

DSCN4665.JPG

Boma is an all you care to eat buffet featuring the usual foods, but including some tastes somewhat unique to Disney restaurants.  Many of the sides, salads and soups are inspired by African flavors.  One thing that appealed to me in looking for a place to eat is the large number of soups, salads and sides, many meatless.  They do however have a nice carving station for those that want meats, and everything looked very nice.  

I know this non-trip report has been lacking in pood forn, but I actually did remember to take some pictures of my dinner this time.  

Here is my first trip to the buffet....showing a lentil soup, and some veggies and sides including broccolini, potatoes, sweet potatoes, roasted veggies, quinoa, and a bean salad.  

DSCN4667.JPG

This was a watermelon rind salad that was awesome.  

DSCN4668.JPG

This doesn't look pretty but it was a very tasty mushroom soup.

DSCN4669.JPG

Some dessert choices, including a bread pudding.  To be honest, none of the desserts were really great, including the famous zebra domes which I could do without ever trying again.  

DSCN4672.JPG

Overall, I was very pleased with our meal.  Many of the Disney buffets leave something to be desired from a food quality standpoint, but most everything I tried at Boma tasted good and fresh, with some interesting flavors.  I'd go back.  The bill wasn't cheap, but we did get a Disney Chase Visa discount (I think 10%) which helped a little, and I used Disney Visa reward dollars to pay the bill.  

That's it for our Christmas day.  The next day we were looking forward to the Fiend GG at our site....the beginning of 5 days of hanging around the Fort with nothing on our agenda other than visiting with Fiends and Family.  

Boma looks good! We actually have a reservation in April. We've never been to the AKL. It looks so cool. 

Love the family pictures at the tree, and of course, Anna hamming it up. 

Wait...until this trip you hadn't been to the WL.  And you also haven't been to AKL?  

You need to explore more.  Now that Jason loves the Fort and y'all have AP's and don't need to go full bore on the park days, you need to set aside a couple of days to just resort hop and hang out at the Fort.  

I hope you enjoy Boma.  

Glad you enjoyed dinner at Boma! We love breakfast there, but I have tried it at dinner before, and a lot of the flavors are too bold for me.

I also agree about the Zebra Domes, no big deal..

Yeah, while I don't go so far as to say that Zebra Domes SMB....they were nothing to write home about.  

How does the food at Boma compare to the food at Tusker House?  Are the restaurants similar?

Hopefully someone can answer that for you.....I've never eaten at Tusker House!  

I will say this....I can see you liking Boma if you don't mind trying unique flavors.  The carving station looked really nice, and there are plenty of veggie and salad options for a low carber.  Although I seem to remember you saying that David doesn't care for different flavors....so it might not be up his alley.  

Great family portrait at AKL

I must say that AKL is DW and my second favorite resort, after Yacht/Beach Club. DD likes AKL better. But I do like the food better at AKL.

For those of you who are not sure of some of the unique flavors of Boma try the CS restaurant next to the main pool. They have a few items that have that "African" flavor.

I also recommend the bar right upstairs from Boma for some adult time With drinks and apps.

Wait...until this trip you hadn't been to the WL.  And you also haven't been to AKL?  

You need to explore more.  Now that Jason loves the Fort and y'all have AP's and don't need to go full bore on the park days, you need to set aside a couple of days to just resort hop and hang out at the Fort.  

I hope you enjoy Boma.  

I know; I do need to explore more. The funny thing is, we did a 9 night trip a couple years ago and only did 2 park days and a park date night evening. The thing is, when we're not at a park, Jason only wants to be at the Fort. We enjoyed the Lodge though, so I think he's opening up to branching out. 

We enjoy most of the restaurants at the resorts, but I have to say I don't think Boma is worth the price and the trek. 

I remember the mushroom soup being good but not good enough to compensate for the just ok other things. 

Well maybe it's worth the trek once.  It is a neat atmosphere and the animals are nice, but as far as food goes I don't think it holds a candle to the other places we all go to because of the fellow fiends, WL and Poly.

Great family portrait at AKL

I must say that AKL is DW and my second favorite resort, after Yacht/Beach Club. DD likes AKL better. But I do like the food better at AKL.

For those of you who are not sure of some of the unique flavors of Boma try the CS restaurant next to the main pool. They have a few items that have that "African" flavor.

I also recommend the bar right upstairs from Boma for some adult time With drinks and apps.

Bar.....bread service and drinks?  That would be my speed.  

What did Stella and Anna think of AKL?

I think they liked it.  Stella remembers visiting there before, but this was Anna's first time I think.  She likes the animals of course so nothing else matters.  

I know; I do need to explore more. The funny thing is, we did a 9 night trip a couple years ago and only did 2 park days and a park date night evening. The thing is, when we're not at a park, Jason only wants to be at the Fort. We enjoyed the Lodge though, so I think he's opening up to branching out. 

Nothing wrong with staying at the Fort.  

We enjoy most of the restaurants at the resorts, but I have to say I don't think Boma is worth the price and the trek. 

I remember the mushroom soup being good but not good enough to compensate for the just ok other things. 

Well maybe it's worth the trek once.  It is a neat atmosphere and the animals are nice, but as far as food goes I don't think it holds a candle to the other places we all go to because of the fellow fiends, WL and Poly.

I was the opposite....I thought the food was better than most places at Disney.  I like unique flavors, and not eating meat or dairy limits the places that we will eat at.  I liked the variety at Boma.  I'm very interested in trying Sanaa and Jiko now.  

Nice family photos in front of the tree... glad they had a photographer there to capture the day/moment.

Boma...we ate there several years ago, but did not care for it.   Well, I should say that Tom thought it was okay, but I did not like it.  Then again, I am a very basic (could eat the same 5 meals my entire life) meats/potatoes kind-of gal... so new PLUS different?  Yeah, not my cup of tea :)

The AKL is a lot of fun to walk around though.  It's very pretty.