DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

That is some trip report you have going Dave!  Give Gwen a big thumbs up for wearing the Minnie ears on the first day!  A super high five for Emma supervising the ToT that early in the morning.  Kudos to Izzy for the entusiasm on the walk to the bus.  Wow, Stella is so cute in that bus picture.  She really resembles you a lot.  I guess that means you look like a cute girl! (BTW you and INC look fabulous, way to go!) What more can be said about Anna? She really knows how to have fun!  Finally INC is such a class act, how did you brainwash snag her?

Seriously enjoying your report.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

That is some trip report you have going Dave!  Give Gwen a big thumbs up for wearing the Minnie ears on the first day!  A super high five for Emma supervising the ToT that early in the morning.  Kudos to Izzy for the entusiasm on the walk to the bus.  Wow, Stella is so cute in that bus picture.  She really resembles you a lot.  I guess that means you look like a cute girl! (BTW you and INC look fabulous, way to go!) What more can be said about Anna? She really knows how to have fun!  Finally INC is such a class act, how did you brainwash snag her?

Seriously enjoying your report.

Thanks Eric!  

Not sure what to think about the comment regarding me being a cute girl.  I may need to discuss this with Mrs YC.  

I do agree about the INC brainwashing.  I use those Jafar mind control techniques to keep her under my spell.  LOL.  

Your family is beautiful Dave.  The smiles, the joy...it comes through the computer.  Anna is a kick!  What a hoot.  I was cracking up as I reading her interaction with Jasmine.  It's obvious that young Miss. Jasmine is not a mommy or don't think she would have even blinked an eye.  Children grab where they will and you simply move their little hand while drinking your coffee and carrying on a conversation with the person next to you.  Our youngest has this thing for squeezing my chest... which is hilarious as he was bottle fed.  I keep joking with Tom that I expected to have this conversation (about not grabbing girls) when he was 13... not when he was 3  :lol:

Looking forward to the next update...

Your family is beautiful Dave.  The smiles, the joy...it comes through the computer.  Anna is a kick!  What a hoot.  I was cracking up as I reading her interaction with Jasmine.  It's obvious that young Miss. Jasmine is not a mommy or don't think she would have even blinked an eye.  Children grab where they will and you simply move their little hand while drinking your coffee and carrying on a conversation with the person next to you.  Our youngest has this thing for squeezing my chest... which is hilarious as he was bottle fed.  I keep joking with Tom that I expected to have this conversation (about not grabbing girls) when he was 13... not when he was 3  :lol:

Looking forward to the next update...

LOL....you might need to revisit that conversation with him someday.  But for now it's cute.  

This will be a short update to wrap up our Epcot day.  Here is an example of this not being a trip report.....because, as I was not planning on writing one, I did not bother taking pictures at Biergarten.  I decided that, instead of taking lots of pics of plates of food, I would rather order a giant beer and visit with Kelly, Jason and Z.  

So that's what I did.  

But if you want to read more about our wonderful lunch together and see a few more pictures, I'd direct you to Kelly's recent trip report here:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/14494-surprise-santa-and-a-shiny-new-ap-holder…-a-gdf-trip-report/?p=423482

Kelly took some great pictures, especially the ones with me in them.  :D

All I took are these.

DSCN4595.JPG

DSCN4596.JPG

DSCN4599.JPG

See?  Not so much.  

But like I said, I was there for two things.  To drink a big beer.  And to visit with friends.  

Mission accomplished.  

Oh wait!  I did get one awesome picture.

DSCN4597.JPG

Isn't that a thing of beauty??  

Seriously, though.  If you haven't read Kelly's report, go do that.  

After our lunch, we said our goodbyes to the GADawg family (temporarily, as we camping in the same loop and would see them lots more) and our older girls took the younger ones so INC and I could have a little time to ourselves.  And we did what any Mom and Dad do who never get alone time, and who have pent up desires and finally have a moment to fulfill them.  

If you guessed eat salted caramels without having to share with children, you win the prize of the day.  

20141222_161915.jpg

We ate our caramel and toffee bar thingy in peace and saved the other caramel for later....and enjoyed just strolling around the World Showcase together.  

We even rode every damn ride in the World Showcase with the exception of the Three Caballeros.  

But alas, the time soon came when we needed to head back to the Fort and become parents again.  

Not before hitting up the PP photographer for some shots on the way out.  

EPCOT_BACKSIDE3_7132636335.jpeg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE3_7132635759.jpeg

Ok, let's head to the bus now.  

Wait, there's another photographer!

Do I still look drunk?  

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7132634403.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7132634404.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7132634408.jpeg

And that was that.  

We've now completed two of our five park days.  And we haven't even hit the Magic Kingdom yet!  So you know what it coming up in the next update?  

If you guessed MK.....you're right.  

Great photos (love Izzy on the bridge), Anna being a ham and groping Jasmine, beer and caramel... it's the perfect Epcot day!   8)

There are some nice little buildings up there.....were those ever shops?  What's the point?

I do recall there being some up there once upon a time - maybe back in 2000? I think these days the space gets used for special events once in a while.  It's a shame because it really is nice up there.

I do recall there being some up there once upon a time - maybe back in 2000? I think these days the space gets used for special events once in a while.  It's a shame because it really is nice up there.

The doors on the right after you go up the steps used to be a store.  They sold things like pewter ornaments and other gift shop type things.  The little buildings on the left were never open.  They are offices if I recall correctly.

Such a fun day! Your kids are awesome, but you already know that.

Glad you guys got some alone time.

I could go for a salted caramel about now.

Thanks! 

I could go for a salted caramel right now too. 

What no pood forn?

Your lucky the pix of the kids, bier, and salted caramels make up for your lack of pood forn.

Waking around the world with your DWs sounds like a great afternoon. Your a lucky man.

I took very few food pics on this trip....did you not read my disclaimer at the beginning of this non-report? 

And yes, I am a lucky man!

The story of Anna and Jasmine, (almost) complete with pictures, is hysterical. Thank you for sharing it, and the other pictures of her and the rest of your family. 

Thanks for reading along!

Great photos (love Izzy on the bridge), Anna being a ham and groping Jasmine, beer and caramel... it's the perfect Epcot day!   B)

Any day that involves princess groping is indeed a perfect day. 

The doors on the right after you go up the steps used to be a store.  They sold things like pewter ornaments and other gift shop type things.  The little buildings on the left were never open.  They are offices if I recall correctly.

Yes, that's what I remember - I just don't recall when it was.  Do you know when they closed them?

It closed in 2005.  They also sold Anne of Green Gables merchandise. 

Thank you for solving that mystery for me!  I really think something cool could go up there....but being out of the way like it is might deter some from going.  Maybe that was the issue before. 

Let me see if I have this right?

There is a restraining order against you from Snow White.

Your family is banned from Morocco due to Anna feeling up Jasmine.

Devine scares the you know what out of you.

If it wasn't for the Devine thing I would swear the princess were conspiring against you.

Oh and salted carmels and short bread thingy. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Thank you for solving that mystery for me!  I really think something cool could go up there....but being out of the way like it is might deter some from going.  Maybe that was the issue before. 

Too bad they can't put Anna and Elsa up there. 

Let me see if I have this right?

There is a restraining order against you from Snow White.

Your family is banned from Morocco due to Anna feeling up Jasmine.

Devine scares the you know what out of you.

If it wasn't for the Devine thing I would swear the princess were conspiring against you.

Oh and salted carmels and short bread thingy. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's it.  The Princesses are conspiring against me.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  

Disclaimer! We don't need no stinkin disclaimer!

Tough cookies.  

Too bad they can't put Anna and Elsa up there. 

Great idea!  Give them to Canada.  

Oh my gosh - I have just been dying about the Jasmine story.  Awesome story-telling, especially with the pictures to help get a real feel (!!) for how things actually went down in that  little encounter.

Awesome report!

I see what you did there.  :D

On to park day #3....our first visit to the Magic Kingdom!

We decided that, since we had FP+'s for the rides we were most interested in, we'd relax a bit longer at the campsite this morning and not hit rope drop.  Izzy was itching to get moving, so she took off ahead of the rest of us to get started on some fun.  That girl does not mind heading off on her own and finding her own fun....I love that about her.  

Here is a little sample of what she did before we arrived to meet up with her.

MK_ROSEGARDENTOPIARY_7133107200.jpeg

MK_ROSEGARDENTOPIARY_7133107201.jpeg

MK_ROSEGARDENTOPIARY_7133107203.jpeg

I love those pictures of her!

Looks like she also hit Space Mountain, with some random woman.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7133119770.jpeg

In the meantime, the rest of us got moving and hit the boat.

DSCN4604.JPG

Take a look at that last picture and tell me that those two do not look like they are related.  

I know I've said it before, but I have to believe that Anna was made to be a member of our family.  She just took a difficult route to get to us.  Which, knowing that child, is not at all surprising.   :D  

Our first order of business was to hit our favorite family ride.....Big Thunder!!  

And this was Anna's first ever ride on this one....as she is finally tall enough for this and several other rides at the parks.  

She's excited!

DSCN4605.JPG

DSCN4606.JPG

DSCN4610.JPG

DSCN4613.JPG

Now she's not so sure....

DSCN4614.JPG

But wait....she is a Wild Womanz!!

DSCN4615.JPG

DSCN4616.JPG

DSCN4618.JPG

After BTMRR, we were right in the neighborhood so we rode Splash.  The forecast that day called for some rain, so INC had packed the ponchos.  Since it was so early in the morning we decided to break them out for Splash so we didn't have to spend our day in wet clothes.

This was also Anna's first ride on Splash....you can barely see her there between me and Gwen, behind INC's yellow hood.

MK_SPLASH_7133177562.jpeg

She wasn't as big a fan of Splash as she was of Big Thunder.

We still had some time before our first FP at the 7DMT, so we hit Pirates.  

DSCN4623.JPG

And we then made our way over to the Mine Train to use our FP.  

This was the very first time any of us had ridden the Mine Train, so we were pretty excited.  

View from the top!

DSCN4625.JPG

Ho dancing inside the Seven Dwarfs Cathouse.

DSCN4626.JPG

Go git her, gurl!!

DSCN4627.JPG

So our thoughts based upon our first ride?  

Underwhelmed.  

As others have pointed out, the ride is short.  And not very thrilling.  

But....here's a spoiler alert for you.  

By the end of this report I will love this ride.  With a capital L.  I'll tell you why when we get to that point.  But for now, it was "meh".  

After our Mine Train ride, we made the short trek to the Barnstormer....another one of our favorites as we have always had at least one kid that was the perfect age for this ride.  For a few trips in recent years, that kid was Stella.  But now she has moved on to the more thrilling "big people" rides.  And now Anna loves it.  So we rode it.  

DSCN4629.JPG

The queue was rather long and we didn't FP it, but it moved along and took maybe 20 minutes.  Not terrible.  

DSCN4630.JPG

DSCN4631.JPG

Artsy fartsy shot.

DSCN4632.JPG

Around this time, we split up.  

INC and Emma took Anna to meet Cindy and Rapunzel, while the rest of us rode Space Mountain.  I think I originally had a FP for Stella to meet them as well, but she was more interested in riding Space Mountain, so she and Emma switched bands.  

Space Mountain is in need of a good cleaning and some paint.

DSCN4633.JPG

There was a dance party going on.

DSCN4634.JPG

We rode Space and decided ahead of time to do something stupid for the camera.  

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7133508167.jpeg

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7133508607.jpeg

I have a bunch of Photopass pics of Anna meeting the princesses.  

Some of them are freaking adorable.  

But this is a good breaking point, so you'll have to wait for the next update to see those.  

It's amazing how I could get so far behind in reading a trip report that isn't a trip report.

I'm glad that you don't have a photo of the actual incident with Jasmine-your description of it was much funnier than any photo would have been.

I love all the smiles on your girls' faces, especially Anna's.  What fun you all had together as a family.  Just the way Walt wanted it.

I am really glad that you decided to share all of your great photos.  It would have been a shame for us not to see these.

TCD