DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

As a Mama of Disney kids for over a decade I can easily say I love this character breakfast. 

My kids know these characters so well and the music is great if you know the shows. So we do a lot of singing along much to BuckeyeFortFan's dismay. 

AND they serve the corned beef hash which makes dealing with the SMB aspects of all character dining ok in my opinion.   

Crying into my cereal here.  Those Anna pictures just make my heart melt.

I didn't mean to make you cry.  :)

What a great first morning of your vacation!

Awesome.

I love the photos of your girls with those Disney characters that I know nothing about, but you know what else caught my eye?  Do you see all of those photos and murals on the walls?  Those show scenes from the real Hollywood that are replicated in the architecture around DHS.  I'd love to go in there just to look at what's on the walls.

You have 13 more days to go?  Have you checked the views you've generated already?  It looks like you've go another DIT TR hit on your hands.  Not too shabby, considering this isn't even a trip report.

TCD

I know a good way to get inside that restaurant and look at the walls.  Cough up $50 for breakfast. 

Thanks for the tip at Hollywood & Vine, I plan on doing a character meal there, but was planning lunch. Now I think I'm going to do the same as you and do the late breakfast, it will work perfectly and the girls will also eat because they will be starving. LOL

Best Regards,

Norm

I like starving my kids so that they will eat more at buffets.  I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. 

Following along... Love the Hollywood and Vine update and pictures.  Anna's face when she is looking at Sofia is precious.  

We are doing that breakfast at the same time you did.   I just showed my 2 year old the pictures and he smiled big. :)  He loves Jake, Sofia and Doc.  He hasn't watched Handy Manny, yet, but I guess maybe he should so that he knows who Manny is.    

Thanks for reading!  This is a great meal for the Disney Jr set. 

The pic of Anna with Doc's stethoscope on her is adorable. Next time take some video, ok?

I'm terrible at taking video.

Caught up... the first set of pics at MGM are hilarious!!  H&V has been my least favorite character meal so far.. but it's the only place that you can find those specific characters, so what's a parent to do :)

Love all the pics of your girls... very pretty group.  I agree with you on the pic of Anna with Sophia, her hands clasped and the look on her face just melts your heart  :wub:

Thanks!  I love that picture.

Great pictures, Dave!

Thanks!

Great pics, I have added Hollywood & Vine to our "must do" in October.

Enjoy!

I love Anna getting the check-up and dancing with Sophia. So cute! We ate there a long time ago when Jake was new. Z loved all the interaction and dancing. 

Anna loved it!

As a Mama of Disney kids for over a decade I can easily say I love this character breakfast. 

My kids know these characters so well and the music is great if you know the shows. So we do a lot of singing along much to BuckeyeFortFan's dismay. 

AND they serve the corned beef hash which makes dealing with the SMB aspects of all character dining ok in my opinion.   

Oh man....corned beef hash!  Yum....

Great start to a non-trip report. 

I am giving a shout out to Troll.....my rant is on: Enough about the "Selfie Sticks"!!!! Those things are out of control at Disney. I hate them!! Especially when they hit me!.....rant off.

Good rant.

I can't understand why everyone needs to take selfies all the time.

But I think a selfie stick would be great if you turned the phone around, and used it to get pictures above peoples heads for parades, etc. 

I agree.  I hate selfies.  I take them at time, primarily to embarrass my daughters.  And I find that is lessens their desire to take selfies themselves. 

Selfie sticks are great if you put a Go Pro at the end and use it while roller skating.

Best Regards,

Norm

Good idea.  Got any examples?

Video or it didn't happen.

Right!

Uh, the man is from New Jersey.

He no doubt owns his own roller skates.

Along with a custom bowling ball and bowling shoes.

TCD

But we want video proof.

Very few rinks left up this way.  Too bad because I really did have my own skates.   B)

Isn't your entire region a big skating rink?

Isn't your entire region a big skating rink?

Right now it's a giant snowpile. I have ice skates too, but I was talking roller skates.  Sweet white ones with orange and yellow stripes. 

Basically these, but white with orange wheels/stoppers.

66dbbb7b2bc087ef6c18c0349ecae761.jpg

You can stop laughing now.

For a non trip report, you are doing real good imitating a trip report

Yes he is!

I can think of 5 roller rinks off the top of my head within 20 mins from me.

There is 1 in my entire area.  My kids like it there....they've been to birthday parties there before and occasionally meet friends there.  It ain't cheap though.

For a non trip report, you are doing real good imitating a trip report

Bite your tongue.  This is not a trip report.  

I had to search for a skating rink. There are only three in Oklahoma City and another 7 within 50 miles of Oklahoma City.

I guess that roller skating fad never caught on here.

There have been some unusual hijacks of my trip reports before, but never a roller skating one.  

Not that this is a trip report.

It's because you have flat land and decent weather. You don't need indoor rinks!

Here we go....

That's true of about a 1/3 of our state. But did you know that Oklahoma has the tallest hill in the world?

And the hijack has taken an unexpected turn.

Love the pix of Anna and Stella. Those girls are too cute.

I don't we've tried H & V and it sounds like I don't need to.

But it does sound a good meet n greet. If you like does characters. Since it's the only place to see them.

I have to say, I don't regret doing this breakfast.  Simply because Anna loved it.

We actually LOVE Hollywood & Vine for breakfast. No kids even!! I think the food is good! and before the FP+, it was a way to get into the Studios at 8am, and beat the rope drop folks to TSMM

I was waiting for you to comment.  I remember you commenting in the past on how you like hitting H&V on your last morning before hitting the road for home. 

Right now it's a giant snowpile. I have ice skates too, but I was talking roller skates.  Sweet white ones with orange and yellow stripes. 

Basically these, but white with orange wheels/stoppers.

66dbbb7b2bc087ef6c18c0349ecae761.jpg

You can stop laughing now.

Yes he is!

I will never stop laughing.  

Is your middle name Laverne?  

I still own a pair of roller skates. We grew up at the rink. It was actually pretty cheap back then. I think on family night we could all go for $2 and dad gave a us a quarter for the drink and candy machine. We all took skating/dance lessons and everything.  So the skates I still have are dance skates. They are over 30 years old, but they were considered pretty good back in the day.

Here's where my recollections are a bit fuzzy.  I have more HS photos....but I don't exactly recall when we did what.  

I do know this....

We were originally planning on taking a break and heading back to the Fort, which a couple of the older kids did, but INC and I and the rest of the family stayed in the park until sometime that evening.  Usually we'll leave a park mid-afternoon to rest and have dinner at the Fort, and then hop to another park that evening.  But I decided not to do hoppers this trip, and the thought of going all the way back to the Fort then back to HS that evening for our Frozen sing a long FP sounded like too much effort.  So we spend a few hours just seeing shows and grabbing a snack.  

Anyways....at one point in the afternoon we had a FP for TSMM, and after that we ran into the army guys. 

DSCN4547.JPG

And I got one of my favorite pictures of the trip.....check out Anna saluting!

DSCN4548.JPG

I LOVE it!  She's all American now.  Take THAT, Putin!  

We got some PP pictures along the Streets of America.

STUDIO_NYSTREET_7131342103.jpeg

Anna refused to cooperate.

STUDIO_NYSTREET_7131346860.jpeg

STUDIO_NYSTREET_7131342105.jpeg

We went to see one of my favorite stage shows....the Beauty and the Beast Live show.

20141221_174110.jpg

20141221_174117.jpg

I've mentioned this before, but as I've gotten older I find a lot of enjoyment from taking my time slowly touring and sitting through the stage shows, rather than running from ride to ride.  

Right as the show was ending, a HUGE thunderstorm hit the park.  It rained like crazy, and nobody wanted to leave the theater.  We hung for a while, then after it let up a little bit we made a dash to a nearby store to look around.  After a little while it stopped raining for the most part, and it was time for us to meet up with the other girls for the Sing A Long.  

Looks like Gwen and Emma found a photographer on their way back into the park.

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_7131516482.jpeg

We met up with the girls and got in line for the Sing A Long.  And look who we got for our Royal Historian!

20141221_191015.jpg

It's Ben....aka Six Bits!  

He was great, and we really enjoyed the show.  

By then it was dark so we returned to the Streets of America to see the Ozzy Lights.  

DSCN4549.JPG

DSCN4550.JPG

DSCN4552.JPG

DSCN4553.JPG

DSCN4554.JPG

I may be in the minority here....but I'm just not nuts about the Osborne Lights.  It was cool to see once, but now it's kind of boring for me.  I guess it's one of those situations where the magic is gone for me.  That sounds so snotty, doesn't it?  There are people in third world countries who have never seen enormous displays of Christmas lights while eating soft pretzels and drinking beer, and here I am complaining that it's boring.  Wow, I feel like a jerk.  

Regardless, I'm over the damn lights.  Time to pull the plug.  

After seeing the lights we decided to bail.  It was still sprinkling a bit and we were tired and hadn't had dinner yet.  We headed back to the RV and had some pasta if I recall correctly, and crashed.  We had another big park day ahead of us at Epcot....including a lunch at Biergarten with some crazy Fiends!  

Oh, and someone violated Jasmine.  Stay tuned!