DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Fast Pass + is a joke.

We used it last Friday our first trip back to the parks in about 4+ years.

My daughter copied her passes to,us, but we got Haunted Mansion instead of Mine Train.

My other daughter and granddaughter got HM a 1/2 hour after us. So we waited for her time so we all could go thru.

Checked MDE and what the,we now had Mine Train. So we did a band swap so daughter/gd could go to mine train.

We come out they were there and said they couldn't get on Mine Train.

Got my band back, gd and I ran over to MT and the scanners didn't go green. Showed the CM my phone and she let us in.

The MDE doesn't seem to be very accurate. We went to AK and most of out passes weren't listing correct. Scanned our bands at a kiosk and everything was the way it should be.

I don't like them! I think everyone should wait in line.

Hey Dave, I don't know what happened on your Christmas trip, but I think I'm feeling a lot like you. I actually was going to do a trip report after our thanksgiving trip but just didn't have the time to mess with loading all the pics. Fastforward to February and we are really questioning if it was a good idea to renew our APs. The crowds are growing larger and larger at the parks. The website gets harder and harder to navigate to get what you want. Booking campsites are almost a joke now since you have to book at least months out even over a year out to get a site. Ticket prices continue to rise at a rediculous rate while customer service and training staff goes to the wayside. And last but not least, management does absolutely nothing to listen to their guests. Maybe myself being a Floridian and having the availability to visit often makes me see the BS that goes on instead of being that once every 10 year tourist that just loves being out of the snow and enjoying the "magic". The Disney moto now is how much more money can they make by doing less. Do you think the almost 2 year sidewalk/moat project is really improving the park? Hell no. It's so more people can fill the park and spend money there. Hence why freeloaders are not stopped at the fort because most will at least by a coke or hot dog. Can't wait to hear why you won't be back in a while. We just booked our July Tennessee trip. Getting excited for Dollywood

Thanks for hopping on board everyone!  

I do want to say this before moving forward.....while it's true that we are burned out in Disney right now, and some things happened that left me angry and disappointed, a LOT went very well on this vacation.  Disney does do many things right, and I'll discuss those in this report as it comes up.  

So....let's move on.  

We planned this trip many months in advance, and throughout the fall we were preparing our trailer to spend 2+ weeks in it over the holidays.  Some of you probably recall the "incident" we had during a camping weekend in early November, when Anna decided to use the trailer's toilet as a laundry chute.  But Bob and I got things flushing properly again, and I made some other enhancements to the trailer to prepare it for the long trip.  

Then, 2 weeks before we left for the Fort, INC and I decided to make a 4 hour drive to Knoxville to look at a motorhome.  It was a new but "leftover" 2014 model of a floorplan we had been interested in for a while.  We bought it that day, and made plans to drag our trailer there the next weekend to trade it for the Winnebago.  1 week before leaving for the Fort.  

Yes, we're nuts that way.  

But it all worked out well.  

Here are some pics of our new baby taken on the dealer's lot.  

110214889_8thumb_770x574.jpg

110214889_5thumb_770x574.jpg

110214889_26thumb_770x574.jpg

110214889_43thumb_770x574.jpg

We spent every evening after work that next week packing and preparing the motorhome for our trip.  It didn't help that it was mid-December....so dark and COLD in the evening.  But it all worked out, and we were ready to hit the road as soon as our 17 year old was finished with her last exam on December 19th.  

We pulled out of the driveway around noon that day.  

I should have worn my sunglasses for the selfie.....fail.

20141219_115309.jpg

The kids were ready to ROLL!

20141219_130411.jpg

Heading on down the Holiday Road!

20141219_130505.jpg

We drove until around 11pm that evening, and made it to Tallahassee.  The drive went GREAT....although the last hour was rainy and windy.  But this motorhome handled so much better than our first motorhome did.  I don't know if it's the larger Michelin tires or enhancements in the Ford chassis, but it drove like a dream.  

We spent the night at Tallahassee RV park.  It was tight quarters but worked great for an overnight.  I'd stay here again.

DSCN4506.JPG

The park office looks like it used to be a house.

DSCN4508.JPG

We pulled out of the park kind of early, and had another uneventful drive and made it to the Fort by 1pm.  We were assigned to the 100 loop....a first for us.  I hate coquina, but we did love the location!  

Coming up....we meet up with some Fiends!

Since this isn't a real trip report....I wasn't going to respond to all the comments.  But durn it, I appreciate all the comments and don't want to not give them the response they are due.  So.....

great start love the motorhome looks like a great paint job on it

It's funny....I wasn't sure I'd like the paint job as it is a bit "aggresive" looking for my taste.  But I really like it now.  

Yes, great start, Dave.

Thanks Gwen!

Hey, this seems just like a real trip report.

Awesome.

That RV is beautiful.  Congratulations.

And please don't say too many more good things about the 100 loop.  It will make it harder for me to get a site.

TCD

Nuts, I didn't mean for this to look like a trip report.  Thanks for the reminder.  

I won't say much more about 100.  We liked the location, but I still prefer 500.  

Nice rolling turd!!  I think we may upgrade in the future. How much could she pull? We have a 15 passenger van.

Most gas Class A's are rated to pull 5,000 pounds max, so your van would be too heavy.  I have a 12 passenger van and it weighs too much.  I'm actually buying the same exact toad I bought 8 years ago, and sold 5 years ago when we were adopting Anna.  I sold it to my sister, who sold it to her daughter.  I'm buying it back.  It weighs 4,400 pounds and seats 7 people.  

I'm in, and that's a GREAT Anna pic.

Thanks!

Nice coach... very pretty :)  Seems like you all made good time.  We're looking (online) at a trailer at Tennessee RV... does that dealership have an RV park (like CW) or was that just the name of where you stayed?

Ahhh... never mind, just re-read what you wrote.  You said Tallahassee RV, not Tennessee RV... mercy  :rolleyes:

Ha ha!  You caught it yourself.  

I'm not really familiar with Tennessee RV....but have heard of it.  

That's a neat story.

I hope you're getting a good deal on it!

TCD

It's interesting.....I've always thought that was the best car I ever owned, but when we needed the big van I sold it to my sister.  Her daughter's husband is a pilot in the Air Force, and they are being stationed in England this April so are selling the car.  Since all my towing equipment is still on the car, it's working out perfectly.  

Glad this is turning into a real TR!    

Don't say that!  

It's interesting.....I've always thought that was the best car I ever owned, but when we needed the big van I sold it to my sister.  Her daughter's husband is a pilot in the Air Force, and they are being stationed in England this April so are selling the car.  Since all my towing equipment is still on the car, it's working out perfectly.  

Isn't it funny how things work out?

The next time you are at the Fort (which I predict will be sooner than you claim), I will bring some of that Green Death you are so fond of, and you and I can take a seat on the top level of Pioneer Hall's porch, and I will explain to you what I have learned in life:

Everything happens for a reason.

It's almost like there's some kind of higher power with a plan for your life or something. 

TCD