I put up a post on our Facebook page asking people what kinds of topics they'd like to see discussed here in the realm of Camping, the Fort and WDW in general.

Here's one suggestion we got...

What are your opinions on the pros and cons of the sites/loops that are closer to the Marina/Settlement vs those further away?

Is it all about the convenience? Too noisy? Too crowded? Love being close to the action?

What say ye, Fiends?

Oh and this is probably a good time to remind folks that we've got a bunch of awesome loop/site information on this page, including maps, links to the mobile app, videos of all the camping loops, and a link to the interactive Google Earth map...
http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

Ohhh, opening a can o worms.

If someone says how great a loop or site is, they run the risk of everyone else trying to get it!

I was told a while back to never say how great a site is just for this reason.

So here goes.... I absolutely love the 2000 loop.

I love all the noise, commotion, unruly kids, 12 structures to a site, chairs in the middle of the road, getting the stink eye every time you try to go past the overflowing sites, the golf carts whizzing by blaring music and 10 kids piled on.

I could just go on and on about how much I love it!

:rofl2:

Ok you don't have to give away your favorite sites, but how about just in general... pros and cons of loops closer vs further away in your own personal opinion.

I expect the answer is going to be all over the place anyway, depending on what people's particular priorities are.

Which is why there is no "best loop/site" at the Fort. 

Except for the ones on 2000.   8)

I like being close to the Settlement/Marina, even though we usually have a golf cart so the distance isn't such an issue. We tend to pop over to MK fairly often, and it's nice to just bop on over and catch the boat pretty quickly.  When we were without a cart for the last night of our trip in November, it was a pretty nice, easy walk from the 300 along the back trail to the Settlement. I also like that I can hear the boat horn, WDW RR and of course the EWP - although you can hear that from just about anywhere.

However I've also stayed out in 1600/1700 and does feel quieter and more spread out vs the smaller/tighter sites in the Preferred loops.  To me it feels more like real camping out in those loops - similar to what we're used to in the parks around here. Honestly, if there were sites out in the Full Hookups that worked for us with the dogs, for a longer stay that would probably be my preference. 

One of these days we're going to give 900 a try.  There are some sites in there that would work for us with the dogs and it always seems a good bit quieter there, being a little further away from all the action.

We prefer the 1700 loop.  We love the full hook up loops.  In my opinion, they are larger and quieter.  Also, they are equal distance from the marina and the outpost.  We usually bike or walk to either destination.  The full hook up loops are also close to the pool, movies, and campfire without being on top of them.

I haven't seen 1200 or 1300 mentioned.  We liked 1200 for the larger sites that gave us plenty of room in front and behind the site to decorate for Christmas.  We haven't stayed in 1300, but it is convenient to the Meadowes area.

We liked the 1300 loop where we stayed and the 1200 loop looked nice too. We are planning on requesting them in that order on our next trip. Being walkers it is nice to be half way from the Outpost and marina. The one potential drawback might be the extra noise you get from the afternoon pool party but it is over by 5PM so doesn't affect having a quiet dinner. 

Last year we stayed in the 1400 loop.  We liked that it was within easy walking distance to the pool and also to the marina.  This year we are bringing our dogs, so hope to grab a spot in the 500 loop.  That way we can be close to the dog park and still an easy walk to the marina.  Although will probably have to bike it to the pools from that distance.

So is it the particular loops themselves that people like (layout of sites, space, etc?) or does the location of the loops come into play with your favorites?  Do people care if they're close to the Settlement/Marina, or is it more your immediate surroundings that make a loop your "favorite"?

Maybe we are in the minority but we really liked the 2000 loop when we have stayed in it.  We found it roomy and quiet.  I realize that isn't always the case but we are 3 for 3.  We have a pop up in case you are wondering what we camp in.

Now my kids enjoy the 1500 and 1400 loops because they can get to the pool and Meadows TP quickly.  However my wife and I found it a little loud.

In summary if it is about the attractions we like the 1500 and 1400 loops if it is about the camping we enjoy the 2000 loop. 

So is it the particular loops themselves that people like (layout of sites, space, etc?) or does the location of the loops come into play with your favorites?  Do people care if they're close to the Settlement/Marina, or is it more your immediate surroundings that make a loop your "favorite"?

It was a mixture of both for the 400.  Although I was very envious of the spot Grumpy was in.

Maybe we are in the minority but we really liked the 2000 loop when we have stayed in it.  We found it roomy and quiet.  I realize that isn't always the case but we are 3 for 3.  We have a pop up in case you are wondering what we camp in.

Now my kids enjoy the 1500 and 1400 loops because they can get to the pool and Meadows TP quickly.  However my wife and I found it a little loud.

In summary if it is about the attractions we like the 1500 and 1400 loops if it is about the camping we enjoy the 2000 loop. 

We like the 1500 because of its location to the pool, though the shortcut from 2000 thru the group camping area isn't too bad getting to the pool.

We found just the opposite with the noise factor in 1500 and 2000.  When we've stayed in 1500 it's always been quieter and 2000 was a zoo.

They put us in 1800 one time and that was quiet, then again I think there were only 5 occupied sites.

We've tent camped 3 times in 2000, rental popup one time in 2000 and stayed in a cabin in 100.  Nothing beats the convenience of 100!   But we didn't have problems in 2000 even when there were large groups there. They didn't intrude on our experience, they were just there.  But we spent most of the days away from the site just using it to sleep, get ready and eat breakfast. The three times we were in the sites closes to the entrance to 2000,  I thought those were quieter.  But the one time we were at the far end of the loop we could walk through the group campsite and over the bridge and through 900 and to the Meadow Trading post and that was convenient. We don't use a golf cart, or get in our car when we're there, so it's walking or bus.

For us it is immediate surroundings and location. Our site backed up to a canal and it was nice to sit in the morning and evening watching the various waterbirds wade along the bank. Surprisingly we even enjoyed watching the tree rats eating acorns in a nearby live oak (Something that doesn't happen at home, the enjoying part that is). Being roughly halfway allows for a lot of flexibility on how we get around.