Animatronic Ellen gone missing

I'm sure this hasn't been reported, but last week while at Epcot, we rode the universe of Energy. My kids enjoy this ride and Mom and dad enjoy the air condition and sometimes a few zzzzzzz's. My daughter noticed that the animatronic Ellen who is fighting with some dinosaur or snake has been removed. Could this be the start of better things to come for the universe of energy?

I'm sure this hasn't been reported, but last week while at Epcot, we rode the universe of Energy. My kids enjoy this ride and Mom and dad enjoy the air condition and sometimes a few zzzzzzz's. My daughter noticed that the animatronic Ellen who is fighting with some dinosaur or snake has been removed. Could this be the start of better things to come for the universe of energy?

While surveying the ride for her wrecking ball....Miley used Daniel Laruso's crane technique and knocked Ellen's head off. She then hip-checked....errrrr......twerked into the headless body and knocked it over like the cheap crap piece of plastic it is.

But it's good for napping - especially since it's usually not busy and you can just stretch out on a bench.

They should cut the volume down by oh 99% and it would be better for napping.

That said, any time someone says Judy, I usually follow with, "stupid Judy, stupid Judy!"

I don't think I've ever visited Ellen. If I have I don't remember.

Doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

The ride itself is not bad. That is, the animatronic dinos are pretty cool, especially considering they were built in the early 80s. The ride is a relic from the early Epcot vision, when Epcot was EPCOT Center, and the rides were exhibits rather than, well, rides.

I can do without Ellen in it, though. I just don't think she's funny. But I know I'm in the minority on that.

But the presentation as a whole is badly dated and needs a refurb.

My sources tell me that Disney has cut its ties with Ellen, and will be replacing all signs of her in the ride with Elsa.  Changing the name of the ride will be easy, as they only need to adjust a few letters.  They are adding some narrative to the last scene about how global warming from fossil fuels is melting Arendelle's glaciers and causing massive flooding along the fjords.  Riders will now also get wet, as they pass underneath a giant melting Olaf.  

My sources tell me that Disney has cut its ties with Ellen, and will be replacing all signs of her in the ride with Elsa.  Changing the name of the ride will be easy, as they only need to adjust a few letters.  They are adding some narrative to the last scene about how global warming from fossil fuels is melting Arendelle's glaciers and causing massive flooding along the fjords.  Riders will now also get wet, as they pass underneath a giant melting Olaf.  

OK, that was good.  Bad... but good.

I approve. Elsa is smokin'. Ellen? Not so much.

Actually I do have to say that I'm surprised the climate change theme hasn't made bigger inroads into that attraction yet.

Another profession of your undying love for Elsa.  That woman is going to need a Troll Restraining Order.

Climate Change?  What's that?  Our Governor says there's no such thing, and even if there was, we mustn't talk about it:  http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article13576691.html

TCD

The ride itself is not bad. That is, the animatronic dinos are pretty cool, especially considering they were built in the early 80s. The ride is a relic from the early Epcot vision, when Epcot was EPCOT Center, and the rides were exhibits rather than, well, rides.

I can do without Ellen in it, though. I just don't think she's funny. But I know I'm in the minority on that.

But the presentation as a whole is badly dated and needs a refurb.

Seconded.  I don't like her either.

She ranks right up there with Oprah as my least favorite TV people.

Another profession of your undying love for Elsa.  That woman is going to need a Troll Restraining Order.

Climate Change?  What's that?  Our Governor says there's no such thing, and even if there was, we mustn't talk about it:  http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article13576691.html

TCD

Yup no such thing as Global Warming... Gov. Scott must be correct, just look at Boston!  :P

Hold the phone. I am *not* the 40-something (50-something?) middle aged dude who gets a FAST PASS to see Elsa! I am not the middle aged dude who cross body checks 8 year old little girls out of the way to see Elsa. I am also not the middle aged dude who thinks it's a good idea to kill time in between Fast Passes by standing in the Elsa Meet and Greet standby line. I am also not the middle aged dude who bought the deluxe, limited-edition Elsa Magic Band.

Also, there is not and never will be a photo of me like this one:

aephoto_zpsb2f93395.jpg

Oh, I can hear it now: "Shut up, Troll! That was for the twins! The twins wanted to see her, not me! The twins wanted that Magic Band! Not me!"

Uh huh.

Hold the phone. I am *not* the 40-something (50-something?) middle aged dude who gets a FAST PASS to see Elsa! I am not the middle aged dude who cross body checks 8 year old little girls out of the way to see Elsa. I am also not the middle aged dude who thinks it's a good idea to kill time in between Fast Passes by standing in the Elsa Meet and Greet standby line. I am also not the middle aged dude who bought the deluxe, limited-edition Elsa Magic Band.

Also, there is not and never will be a photo of me like this one:

aephoto_zpsb2f93395.jpg

Oh, I can hear it now: "Shut up, Troll! That was for the twins! The twins wanted to see her, not me! The twins wanted that Magic Band! Not me!"

Uh huh.

Very good, Norm.

For the record, it is definitely 50-something.

And, is there a limited edition Elsa MagicBand?  I don't think there is, or else I- err I mean someone in the TCD gang would probably have one.

TCD