"As Soon As The Rude Passenger in the Bathroom is Done Pooping, We Can Take Off!" An AC in A2 Trip Report

I hope you get the chance to meet the AC family in person some day.

Those are two great kids.

And two pretty good parents.

TCD

That's high praise Andrew.  Many thanks.

Us either. But hey now our kids won't be disappointed it's gone!

You luck about a bit with him not knowing better.

What does this mean if you are actually a red-headed fiend?

But in all seriousness, I am happy you are finally reporting on your trip.  I just know that I won't have time to read it or you finish writing it before we leave for our trip in a few days. Ugh!

3. Playground by the Dog Walk

2. Path of Awesomeness

1. Fort Wilderness Entrance sign-gets me every single time I pull in.

I hope you are still reading along.  Have you all left for your trip yet?  If so, have a great vacation!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally,

Oh!  I have another favorite site at the Fort - a tent full of Wild Womenz laughing so hard they can't breathe.

Rude server probably needed a hug.     Or a slap.  

We left off with the AC Clan headed toward the World Showcase.

We were headed to eat lunch in the UK Gardens but wanted to see if the kids could meet a certain Au Pair and the UK's other citizen celebrity on the way.

They were out to lunch so we continued to our destination to eat our packed lunch:

IMG_0622_zpskoi8ex9j.jpg

IMG_0623_zpsmecijfyj.jpg

After lunch we did catch up with Alice, not the Brady family Au Pair, but this young lady:

IMG_0624_zpsk74lyfo5.jpg

IMG_0625_zpsxozdjk1k.jpg

IMG_0626_zpsnejbcl85.jpg

IMG_0627_zps8ljqswke.jpg

IMG_0628_zpsuzvgcli8.jpg

Alice was looking for White Rabbit on DD's lanyard.  She told DD that she was counting on her to find White Rabbit and come back to show him to her later. 

IMG_0630_zpsgf1vs45v.jpg

IMG_0631_zpsdfazgaya.jpg

IMG_0632_zpscnhymhge.jpg

IMG_0633_zps6elwbziy.jpg

Alice spent a ton of time with DD and she just ate it up.  I love watching her do the face character meet and greets because she just has a ball.  She is always armed with several questions.  The characters are always quick with great answers.  This one was no different.  It was an excellent experience.

After Alice, we checked on the Au Pair again, but she was still out to lunch.

So we did what any self-respecting person would do instead.  We traveled to the New World and grabbed one of these:

IMG_0634_zpsap6nl06e.jpg

That would be the first of several funnel cakes on this trip.  We are true funnel cake connoisseurs in this household.

After snacking on that we went inside to see the Voices of Liberty:

IMG_0635_zpso5x2vrn1.jpg

If you have never stopped to listen to them you should.  And if you have but have never stopped to listen to them during the Christmas season, you should.  They also mix a few Hanukkah songs in with the Christmas songs.  They are worth your time.

After VOL we went into one of the AC Clan's favorite attractions in all of the world:

IMG_0636_zps6ojgbyx4.jpg

IMG_0637_zpsdmfnymis.jpg

IMG_0638_zpso4ovcffz.jpg

IMG_0639_zps5ugbfxfx.jpg

IMG_0640_zpsvhnrzjz2.jpg

IMG_0641_zpszzaoxmzw.jpg

After the show that never gets old, at least in our house, we traveled back to the old country to finally meet the lady in white:

IMG_0642_zpsww6dhazr.jpg

IMG_0643_zpszx6yo8pw.jpg

IMG_0647_zpsg4mdccab.jpg

It's about this time when Miss Poppins asks DD about DS.  She says who is that handsome young man with those beautiful eyes?

DD starts laughing and says, "That's my brother!"

Miss Poppins tells DS to walk to her and will not take no for an answer.  DS is blushing at this point.  It was pretty funny.  Here they are together:

IMG_0648_zpsieslwtmx.jpg

IMG_0651_zpsd2fdinqx.jpg

IMG_0652_zpsblc1msgw.jpg

Now this exchange was funny, but nothing compared to the song that DD made up about DS and recited throughout the rest of the trip which had a chorus about DS's "beautiful eyes".  It really embarrassed him and got under his skin a bit.  It. Was. Hilarious. 

Well done DD.  Well done.

After meeting the nice young lady in white, we headed for the exits.  We will be heading back to the Fort next. 

My son had to do some of the homework that he brought with him.  Luckily my DD and I were not afflicted with any such condition, so we would be heading out for some Fort exploration....

Wouldn't it be cool if they had a new quick serve BBQ place built in the exact place where the Great Piggy Adventure sits?  They could call it the The Great BACON Adventure......an ode to the former attraction?

Excellent idea!  I gave you an up arrow for that one.

I have not seen American Adventure or the Great Piggy Bank Adventure.  Truly a mom fail!

Love the American Adventure show and totally agree about taking the time to stop and listen to Voices of Liberty.

Now this exchange was funny, but nothing compared to the song that DD made up about DS and recited throughout the rest of the trip which had a chorus about DS's "beautiful eyes".  It really embarrassed him and got under his skin a bit.  It. Was. Hilarious.

Oh yeah... he will NEVER live that down.  :)

We are done with a great Epcot day and on the cart back to our site I believe when I saw these turkeys on our loop:

IMG_0661_zpszremrlo6.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsnw9dvfmx.jpg

I saw this at our comfort station which showed we would be getting Mickey Readers for the MBs tomorrow:

IMG_0663_zps59940beg.jpg

IMG_0664_zpsd9jiejqm.jpg

IMG_0665_zpsybpaae0z.jpg

Now new arrivals would also not see Mickey readers on the wall, they would also be able to tell the managers exactly what day their comfort station would be getting them; when they called to have KTTW cards delivered.  :rotfl6:

DS sat down to do some homework and DD and I decided to go for a golfcart ride and do some exploring:

IMG_0666_zpsccvm5qly.jpg

No pavilion freeloaders:

IMG_0667_zpsdgevpivt.jpg

IMG_0668_zpsufdewgpe.jpg

IMG_0669_zpsqwapyge9.jpg

Looking forward to something:

IMG_0670_zpsc2nf8m4c.jpg

IMG_0671_zpszpdetcqu.jpg

IMG_0672_zpsafbgdrvk.jpg

IMG_0673_zpsfa7w3to8.jpg

IMG_0674_zpsxhec9w6i.jpg

IMG_0675_zpsyxa9rsgz.jpg

IMG_0676_zps65tg84zs.jpg

IMG_0677_zpshfhnf0ho.jpg

IMG_0678_zpsjtv9i3un.jpg

Meadow Pool Snack Bar was closed:

IMG_0679_zpspsniqqqp.jpg

They had a makeshift stand inside the arcade:

IMG_0680_zpsehrple4f.jpg

Out at the pool:

IMG_0681_zpshp4ninhi.jpg

IMG_0682_zps5nchnh0y.jpg

IMG_0683_zpsahryfniu.jpg

Meadows playground:

IMG_0684_zpsaqb1ncbs.jpg

IMG_0685_zpssgp2tbzp.jpg

IMG_0686_zpsdn1vsr73.jpg

IMG_0687_zpslzmq2zya.jpg

IMG_0688_zpszumhysgt.jpg

IMG_0689_zpsogkgekrq.jpg

IMG_0690_zps5bpqqfv3.jpg

In the next update we will see an endangered species............

I forgot to respond to these before I posted the last update so be sure to go back and look at the update if you missed it.

Just what every young man wants to hear....you have beautiful eyes!   :D

I know it.  That one will be around for awhile.

What great character meets!

They were quite good.

Having grown up with several little sisters, I am afraid that your DS will never hear the end of Mary's comment on his eyes.

TCD

DS just saw me posting these comments and got embarrassed again.  DD having overheard the conversation just started singing the song again.  :kickinass:

Excellent idea!  I gave you an up arrow for that one.

I have not seen American Adventure or the Great Piggy Bank Adventure.  Truly a mom fail!

Thanks Marty.  You do need to watch American Adventure on your next trip.

Adorable!

Thanks Michele!

Love the American Adventure show and totally agree about taking the time to stop and listen to Voices of Liberty.

Oh yeah... he will NEVER live that down.  :)

Today proved that again.....about 2 minutes ago to be exact.  :rofl2:

Now new arrivals would also not see Mickey readers on the wall, they would also be able to tell the managers exactly what day their comfort station would be getting them; when they called to have KTTW cards delivered.  :rotfl6:

:rofl2:

DS just saw me posting these comments and got embarrassed again.  DD having overheard the conversation just started singing the song again.  :kickinass:

Today proved that again.....about 2 minutes ago to be exact.  :rofl2:

Aw... poor fella.  :laugh:

Alice and Poppins meet n greet rocked. They always do a great job.

Two and you didn't get the "beautiful eyes" on video. That would have been great to show his future girlfriends.

It's so first to see your DD with out a cast. I'm still waiting to see her playing soccer. Lol.

Aaron how did her leg do with all the walking?

She did great.  I didn't notice her getting more tired than any other trip.  There were a couple times she complained of soreness and mommy or daddy gave her piggy back rides, but that may have happened anyway.

That brings me to something else.

We did not bring a stroller on this trip.

We figured we would get a rental if she started to complain, but she never did.  It was nice not having to push a stroller around.  We had a normal sized backpack with a small cooler bag inside from "31".  It worked out great.

In a few short years your DS will be loving it when all the young ladies are telling him how beautiful his eyes are.

I think you should record DD singing his song.

DD is game.  I will see what I can do.

:rofl2:

Aw... poor fella.  :laugh:

:EvilPlan:

Alice and Poppins meet n greet rocked. They always do a great job.

Two and you didn't get the "beautiful eyes" on video. That would have been great to show his future girlfriends.

It's so first to see your DD with out a cast. I'm still waiting to see her playing soccer. Lol.

I will see what I can do with some video when her games start back up.

The squirrels in Epcot are serious about their food. 

Alice was my favorite as a kid. I have a great memory of her spending a TON of time with me in the MK when I came dressed as Alice. Fun times. I need to make an effort to see her again.

Love that MP made your son join in! 

Great Fort pictures. No swimming! What was the temperature? 

We left off roaming around the Meadows area, and I promised you an endangered species.

Well, I always deliver on my promises so here you go:

IMG_0699_zpsslivglfi.jpg

IMG_0700_zpsm9gw5qau.jpg

IMG_0701_zpsllxraaod.jpg

IMG_0702_zpsf6wwowtd.jpg

Those were genuine, certified shuffleboard players off in the distance.  I have not seen a shuffleboard court used at the Fort or anywhere else since I was a wee laddie. 

I took this picture for TCD:

IMG_0703_zpsojhuxtcx.jpg

Then we went to the Settlement TP to check on the torn canvas....and saw the wagon was still back there.  You can see it peeking out above the carts:

IMG_0704_zpsey9ej6wq.jpg

We know from TCD's latest reports that it still sits back there, rotting away.

Moving on:

IMG_0706_zpsn2yrmlhv.jpg

IMG_0708_zpsxxnxsl3w.jpg

IMG_0707_zpsfkunij1h.jpg

IMG_0709_zpslpezhieu.jpg

Uh, oh.

IMG_0710_zpsqakn1kki.jpg

You see that white gate?  We did too.  We were going back to see RC.  A friendly CM saw us there and came over and asked if we were wanting to go back and see RC.  I said that is exactly what we wanted to do.  He said the white gates would be up for several days while they re-roofed the BBQ Pavilion.  He said we were welcome to resume our exploration back in that area once the project was complete.  We said we would try back later in our stay.  We thanked him and went on our way.

If you look closely, you can see the roof work:

IMG_0713_zpshghdbu1w.jpg

IMG_0711_zps3xy3ytbp.jpg

IMG_0712_zpsxoknqqqi.jpg

While turning around, I saw a drooping sign on the beach and went to investigate:

IMG_0714_zpsfqhfrh4e.jpg

I rolled it back up to find only this:

IMG_0715_zpsg77eb4d9.jpg

Continuing:

IMG_0716_zpsscfgsmkg.jpg

IMG_0717_zpsqjzvkdyo.jpg

IMG_0718_zpszt4rirn0.jpg

One more pic before we head back to our site:

IMG_0719_zps2sqtcvra.jpg

We had hotdogs at the site and then headed for the MK.....

The squirrels in Epcot are serious about their food. 

Alice was my favorite as a kid. I have a great memory of her spending a TON of time with me in the MK when I came dressed as Alice. Fun times. I need to make an effort to see her again.

Love that MP made your son join in! 

Great Fort pictures. No swimming! What was the temperature? 

I remember it being in low 60s for highs.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics or it didn't happen.

TCD

See?

Here we are after our nitratesicles headed to the marina:

IMG_0720_zps7dwzzocs.jpg

Did you notice the pole was ball-less?

That seems to be the case more and more these days.

IMG_0721_zps6fteokbp.jpg

IMG_0722_zpsaisr2plf.jpg

IMG_0723_zpslcvfv0je.jpg

IMG_0724_zpsoxnzlhas.jpg

IMG_0725_zpsesdvix1q.jpg

IMG_0726_zpsuwd7w6uh.jpg

IMG_0727_zpsqcg1ouf5.jpg

IMG_0728_zpsoui6hdsc.jpg

IMG_0729_zpsk4sgu1bt.jpg

IMG_0730_zpsl7ssm8e5.jpg

Here comes our ride:

IMG_0731_zpskz9lwbuc.jpg

IMG_0732_zpshvhcuc5n.jpg

I'm on a boat:

IMG_0733_zpsi3kwjjc5.jpg

IMG_0734_zpskkegqqgc.jpg

IMG_0735_zpsfceavbqq.jpg

IMG_0736_zpsi6aduchr.jpg

IMG_0737_zpsj1gjemnu.jpg

IMG_0738_zpsfqg3vp0u.jpg

IMG_0739_zpsrn4y3rak.jpg

IMG_0740_zpsojrraaay.jpg

IMG_0741_zpsmvohazes.jpg

IMG_0742_zpsmkwivonc.jpg

We shall arrive for our first stint in the MK for this trip in the next update......

Caught up :)

So glad to hear that her leg did well... Praise God, Praise God, Praise God for His hand of protection and mercy over her.  

Epcot... man, we just don't spend enough time there!  Voices of Liberty, do they perform often?  I would love to hear them in person.    American Adventure?  Yeah...did not even know that was there.  I am embarrassed to admit that.  Truly... often times we don't even go to Epcot and when we do, it's usually only for a few hours.  We'll definitely have to make the effort to see that attraction on our next trip.

Never get tired of pictures of the Fort.  I take a deep breath and relax, just by looking at the pictures!  

No freeloaders.... yay!!!

The tetherball... yeah on our trips I would say that a probably 60% of the time, the ball is not on either pole.  What is that??   Oh... and that particular picture, loved the shot of the beach.  Big deep breath for that one :)

When we were there last fall, there was a ball on the tether pole in the 1500 loop and at the beach.  I remember my kids playing tether ball at both locations.  I loved that they could play tether ball while waiting for MNSSHP fireworks.  Sure beats sitting on a curb!