"As Soon As The Rude Passenger in the Bathroom is Done Pooping, We Can Take Off!" An AC in A2 Trip Report

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally,

Oh!  I have another favorite site at the Fort - a tent full of Wild Womenz laughing so hard they can't breathe.

Rude server probably needed a hug.     Or a slap.  

Caught up :)

So glad to hear that her leg did well... Praise God, Praise God, Praise God for His hand of protection and mercy over her.  

Epcot... man, we just don't spend enough time there!  Voices of Liberty, do they perform often?  I would love to hear them in person.    American Adventure?  Yeah...did not even know that was there.  I am embarrassed to admit that.  Truly... often times we don't even go to Epcot and when we do, it's usually only for a few hours.  We'll definitely have to make the effort to see that attraction on our next trip.

Never get tired of pictures of the Fort.  I take a deep breath and relax, just by looking at the pictures!  

No freeloaders.... yay!!!

The tetherball... yeah on our trips I would say that a probably 60% of the time, the ball is not on either pole.  What is that??   Oh... and that particular picture, loved the shot of the beach.  Big deep breath for that one :)

Definitely see VOL and AA.  They perform several times per day.  Just check out the times guide when you get there.

That is really sad.  

I mean, what good is a pole without balls?  

Right?

I'm ignoring Dave.

Aaron, great sunset shots on the beach and pier!

Thanks Gwen.  I love sunset and sunrise at the marina.

When we were there last fall, there was a ball on the tether pole in the 1500 loop and at the beach.  I remember my kids playing tether ball at both locations.  I loved that they could play tether ball while waiting for MNSSHP fireworks.  Sure beats sitting on a curb!

I remember playing tetherball and basketball on the 900 loop all day long as a kid.  We play on the beach sometimes now, but during our trip, there was never a ball on that pole and it seemed the one on the other side was always being used when we passed by.

What Gwen said X2.  :)

What?

Your son is such a ham. I love the faces he is making on your trip over to the MK.

Seeing your Fort pictures is getting me even more excited about being there next week.

I am glad you are enjoying DS and the Fort pics.  He is a ham for sure.

:lol:   I'm in tears over here... 

I don't get it.......

:clint:

Let's continue on our boat ride to the Magic Kingdom:

IMG_0743_zpspzb8eswa.jpg

IMG_0744_zpsczaxc87d.jpg

IMG_0745_zpsqhb9ilof.jpg

We arrived to find this wall in front of the train station:

IMG_0746_zpspxy3dxbt.jpg

IMG_0747_zpswzgndwtf.jpg

The street party was in full effect.  VAMOS!

IMG_0748_zpspcnegavh.jpg

IMG_0749_zpseitdot9c.jpg

IMG_0750_zpsajma49kx.jpg

IMG_0751_zpsoh8ntav6.jpg

IMG_0752_zpstotenita.jpg

IMG_0753_zpsvsdrcrbc.jpg

IMG_0754_zpsvmfzrhrt.jpg

IMG_0756_zpsvuxokjef.jpg

IMG_0755_zpsccab8hlp.jpg

And now I was taking over the wall pics to update you all in real time on the hub construction project:

IMG_0757_zpsmloa7zko.jpg

IMG_0758_zpsmbyj6qpj.jpg

IMG_0759_zpsedczk3ut.jpg

IMG_0760_zpseuywquso.jpg

IMG_0761_zpsb7fcpvqk.jpg

IMG_0762_zpsmayjdbij.jpg

IMG_0763_zpsez0ciyhc.jpg

IMG_0764_zpsd8lqbg4c.jpg

IMG_0765_zps9dhlx6qc.jpg

And now for our first MK attraction of this trip:

IMG_0768_zps9qfk4kdc.jpg

Buzz must have been meeting people outside:

IMG_0769_zpsagwqqzrl.jpg

IMG_0770_zpsxxzzhoe5.jpg

IMG_0771_zpsvqqxab0p.jpg

IMG_0772_zpski9fy70a.jpg

IMG_0773_zps36urlejn.jpg

IMG_0776_zps8btdeick.jpg

Our first mine train trip ever is on tap next........

This was an exciting moment.  We were about to use a FP+ for our first ever trip on the mine train.  This was a ride 3 years (or more) in the making.

This was going to be epic!

IMG_0778_zps8owrhpvg.jpg

IMG_0780_zpsbinne0n3.jpg

IMG_0781_zpsmkb2igky.jpg

IMG_0782_zps2kfrdk7c.jpg

IMG_0786_zpsekxlmahe.jpg

IMG_0788_zpszt1td7xy.jpg

IMG_0789_zpsws6lbaqs.jpg

IMG_0790_zpsqlwqjyeg.jpg

Okay.  So here is my take.

The ride is good.  The scenes, especially inside the mine are very good.  The "innovative" ride vehicle on the other hand?  I didn't get it.  It's like they did something purposeful to keep them from swinging back and forth after they made a huge deal about the fact that they would swing back and forth. 

BTMRR is a much better ride.  Don't get me wrong, SDMT does not SMB; like Ariel.  But, three freaking years to build that?  That is just re-donk-ulous.  I mean WTF.  No way that ride should have taken that long to build. 

My final thoughts on SDMT are that the novelty will wear off in a couple years and the lines will then be in line with the other thrill rides in the park or maybe even shorter wait times than those.  We'll have to wait to see if I'm right.

After the Ariel ride opened, I did say that the ride would have almost zero wait after the novelty wore off......and on that, I was right.  May you all bask in the glow of my rightness.  LOL

Moving on to a DS must do:

IMG_0792_zpsd4dgt85p.jpg

IMG_0794_zpsq4zryrt8.jpg

IMG_0799_zpsube9zmhq.jpg

IMG_0795_zpsamdd6ty8.jpg

Next up was Teacups: 

IMG_0801_zpsk1nqsa8e.jpg

And then we meandered over to Maurice's cottage:

IMG_0802_zpskh2q7pyf.jpg

IMG_0803_zps6yesyhy1.jpg

IMG_0804_zpsrlvf7rvg.jpg

IMG_0805_zpsjhvnhmvi.jpg

IMG_0806_zpskk9qus7x.jpg

IMG_0807_zpsvxygvvh7.jpg

IMG_0808_zpsu0emhay5.jpg

Look who was picked to be a guard again......out of all of our visits to ETWB, I have only been passed over for guard duty once.

IMG_0809_zpsbrulf2th.jpg

And look who was picked to be the beast again.......DS!

IMG_0810_zps5qeqk960.jpg

DD took a part also:

IMG_0814_zpssmp5p23z.jpg

Me on duty:

IMG_0816_zpshit9o9sp.jpg

DS scaring Belle:

IMG_0820_zpssfzzon3i.jpg

IMG_0821_zps5z8dkpc5.jpg

The End

IMG_0826_zpsawhwkcl0.jpg

IMG_0829_zpsj3hzfy7l.jpg

IMG_0833_zps5syhjnms.jpg

Continued in next post........

Next was DD's first ever trip on Space Mountain!

IMG_0834_zpsxmukpfhe.jpg

IMG_0835_zpsnnvoklzx.jpg

IMG_0837_zpsqnuudzje.jpg

IMG_0838_zps4mftrszt.jpg

We met back up with DW and DS who rode Buzz Lightyear again while DD and I rode Space.

We headed for the exits after those rides and waited for our boat ride back to the Fort:

IMG_0839_zpsu70wfm53.jpg

IMG_0840_zps34a5w4lp.jpg

IMG_0841_zpsgw6td0in.jpg

We went back to the Fort to sleep, but not before the kids once again watched the Duff-meister on resort TV.

We will be heading back to the MK in the morning with an unscheduled stop beforehand.

Family selfies on the boat.

SDMT rant (with a bad plug to Ariel)

DS with the biggest smile ever next to Belle (she's my favorite....)

Special credit to DIT for the ball-less comment....

Family selfies on the boat.

SDMT rant (with a bad plug to Ariel)

DS with the biggest smile ever next to Belle (she's my favorite....)

Special credit to DIT for the ball-less comment....

And selfies without a stick.  Weird.

Great pix. I agree with your statements about SDMT. It will be just another ride before to long.

No pix of you and DD on SM? You know the one they take of you in hopes you'll buy it.

The ride pics are all in the Memory Maker Picture Youtube Video I posted awhile ago.  With so many pics to post already, I figured I would leave the memory maker pics in the video and do this TR with just my iPhone pics.

Ooh - this pic came out really great!!

IMG_0743_zpspzb8eswa.jpg

Thanks Mo.  You know what they say about the sun and the dog's arse.

I like that own too. It's too hard to select a pic from my phone to quote so I never do.

Thanks Becks. 

To be fair, that one was pretty easy. Thanks to Aaron for the perfect setup.

I knew when I teed it up that you would knock it out of the park.

I really like that one too.

Thanks Gwen........and don't even try to compete with my professional iPhone picture taking eye.....LOL.

The next morning (1-16-15) we ate breakfast at the camper once again and carted ourselves down to the marina.

IMG_0845_zpscehaeh5w.jpg

We were headed to the MK for rope drop, but the MK boat would not be there for awhile according to the resort boat driver, so we hopped on his boat and headed directly to the Contemporary Resort, where we would walk to the MK.

Upon our arrival, we took a few photo opps:

IMG_0846_zps1kd4d580.jpg

IMG_0847_zpsikt0cllb.jpg

IMG_0848_zps8vfxeoxp.jpg

IMG_0849_zpssx6qwsg2.jpg

The topiary would go missing by the end of our vacation.  I believe it happened with several days left and I kept checking to see if it came back, but it never returned to its rightful place before we boarded our plane back to the frozen tundra.  Speaking of frozen tundra, it snowed here yesterday (4-22-15).  That SMB.  Does anyone know if the topiary of sorcerer Mickey has returned to the CR?

Anyway, when we got to the CR, the kids decided they wanted to take he monorail.  We had plenty of time so that's what we did:

IMG_0850_zpsjhoehaug.jpg

A family boarded after us with a large stroller and some special attitudes and I just had to get a couple pics of their stroller nametag:

IMG_0851_zpsinp90ioq.jpg

IMG_0853_zpslb4wkhib.jpg

Since my pics SMB, I will let you know the family name is Wiener and they were from New York.  I couldn't help but wonder if they were related to the infamous Anthony Wiener.  He likes to send pictures via text of his um.............

This family seemed to be proud of their Wienerdom too.  They were loud and obnoxious, just like Anthony.

Anyway, lets get the heck out of this monorail nightmare and work our way into the MK.

This is better:

IMG_0854_zpsigfevhpt.jpg

IMG_0855_zpsul5huj8d.jpg

IMG_0856_zpsehaxdgww.jpg

IMG_0857_zpsbhrkotyq.jpg

IMG_0858_zpsifqkubla.jpg

IMG_0859_zps52xxvqxj.jpg

In the next update, we will have a major dose of pixie dust for DD.   Any guesses?

Good job.  Sunset photos from the dock one day, sunrise the next.  That's how it's done.

I will check on that missing topiary the next chance I get.  I wonder if they swapped Mickey out for an Elsa topiary?

I love the photos of you and DD on Dumbo.  Those might show up on a wedding photo slide show one day.

Pixie dust for DD next?  I'll guess she meets Gaston and beats him in a push-up contest.

TCD