Hoppy Easter and Crazy Crowds… The GDF Family Returns for Spring Break

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a lurker on trip reports for a long time... And it is about time for me to let you all know how fantastic they are and how I appreciate your time commitment in writing them. We leave for W

Well, here we go. It’s time for another GDF trip report. This Spring Break trip has been in the works for awhile. In fact, it was knowing that this trip was coming that prompted us to buy the APs on p

Alright, we left off with us about to ride Mission Space. It was Z’s first time. He was a little nervous, probably because of all the warnings which aren’t really applicable to the green side.   Yes,

Wow, I've never seen a CM with a FP+ "line starts here" sign outside of Star Tours. The inside part of the queue is long, and they had that many guests in the FP+ return queue that the end of the queue was that far from the entrance? That's messed up.

Respect points to Mr. GDF for ordering fried chicken the night after he had a GAG.

So, is a TIW card not replaceable?

TCD

Great trip report Kelly!

You know we've never eaten at 50's Prime Time Café?  Since you sounded so hesitant, would you go back for a third time?  The menu has never appealed to us and there are so many other places we love to eat.

All those FP+ lines SMB!

I guess I have all those anxiety playgrounds to look forward to when W is a little bigger.  Great.....

WBI

I guess I have all those anxiety playgrounds to look forward to when W is a little bigger. Great.....

WBI

Anxiety playground. That is exactly what that one is. And on a hot muggy day, it gets the greenhouse effect. Soooo humid. And the kids get wet dirty. That's even worse than just regular dirty. And you can't see them. Which means you also have to crawl through. Which is nearly impossible. And painful. And now YOU are wet dirty. Which is even worse than your kid being wet dirty.

Anxiety playground. That is exactly what that one is. And on a hot muggy day, it gets the greenhouse effect. Soooo humid. And the kids get wet dirty. That's even worse than just regular dirty. And you can't see them. Which means you also have to crawl through. Which is nearly impossible. And painful. And now YOU are wet dirty. Which is even worse than your kid being wet dirty.

Thanks for that description, I really can't wait now. lol

We've lost sight of both of our kiddos at one point (different times, one kid at a time)... such a horrible, scary feeling!  My husband would guard the exit, so I knew that no one could walk out with them... but that gut wrenching feeling of your tiny one (possibly) being alone with a stranger... ugh.  Makes me nauseous just thinking about it.  Now we only go there if the park/play area is not busy.  Outside of that, not worth the worry.  

We've lost sight of both of our kiddos at one point (different times, one kid at a time)... such a horrible, scary feeling!  My husband would guard the exit, so I knew that no one could walk out with them... but that gut wrenching feeling of your tiny one (possibly) being alone with a stranger... ugh.  Makes me nauseous just thinking about it.  Now we only go there if the park/play area is not busy.  Outside of that, not worth the worry.  

I've been in there with 3 young kids and a husband who doesn't like to crawl through things. Not that I do either. He watched the exit and I crawled my way through. I still remember the smell. Somewhere I have a picture of myself on the roll of film slide. 

LOL.  I am enjoying the reminiscing about the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground.  Imagine what it was like for me when the TCD twins were too short to ride Rockin' Rollercoaster and there was no Toy Story Midway Mania.  That darned playground was a must-do on every visit.  Back then, I used to be worried that someone would steal one of my kids.  Which meant I crawled with them through every darned one of those dark, damp and smelly ant tunnels.  My knees would be killing me, and I would bang my head at least a dozen times.  Pure torture.  In hindsight, I should have just gone to the bar next door, and come back to collect whatever kids didn't get stolen later. 

TCD

LOL.  I am enjoying the reminiscing about the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground.  Imagine what it was like for me when the TCD twins were too short to ride Rockin' Rollercoaster and there was no Toy Story Midway Mania.  That darned playground was a must-do on every visit.  Back then, I used to be worried that someone would steal one of my kids.  Which meant I crawled with them through every darned one of those dark, damp and smelly ant tunnels.  My knees would be killing me, and I would bang my head at least a dozen times.  Pure torture.  In hindsight, I should have just gone to the bar next door, and come back to collect whatever kids didn't get stolen later. 

TCD

That's why I recommend having at least 5 kids.  If one is stolen, you might not even notice.