Hoppy Easter and Crazy Crowds… The GDF Family Returns for Spring Break

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a lurker on trip reports for a long time... And it is about time for me to let you all know how fantastic they are and how I appreciate your time commitment in writing them. We leave for W

Well, here we go. It’s time for another GDF trip report. This Spring Break trip has been in the works for awhile. In fact, it was knowing that this trip was coming that prompted us to buy the APs on p

Alright, we left off with us about to ride Mission Space. It was Z’s first time. He was a little nervous, probably because of all the warnings which aren’t really applicable to the green side.   Yes,

So jealous that you got to swim on Easter!  It was a cold, wet day here in Oklahoma.  My church does a helicopter egg drog--they dropped 10,000 plastic eggs.  The kids grab them after they are dropped and then exchange them for candy.  We stood out there for an hour and froze.  It was so chilly that it kept many people away so there were tons of eggs still on the ground after all the kids collected them. 

Love the first Easter pics.  :)  The Egg scramble looks like a lot of fun and it's kind of nice that they include the big kids.  My oldest is 13 and was too old for the egg drop, but really there was so many eggs that they should have let the teens get some to exchange for candy, too. 

While it's definitely good to be TCD, it's even better to be Z.  So he's been at the Fort for three Easters now?  He's only been on this earth for six, right?  That's a pretty good stat.

If I didn't know any better, I would think that Mr. GDF loves the Fort.  For a guy who says he doesn't like it, he sure looks like he's having a lot of fun.

I've never been to Raglan Road, and have no plans to go anytime soon.  I'm interested to hear how you liked it, and how it was getting there.

TCD

great TR so far . When us newer Fiends meet a Hero Fiend it is meeting a celebrity for us .After stalking for months reading TRs

you begin to feel like you are friends . After meeting the people behind the screen name ,I found out we really are friends .

NTM

Writing a trip report is time consuming and a labor of love.  Thanks for doing it.

Amid packing for our own upcoming Disney vacation, I am trying to stay current on this TR.  I am finally caught up.

I love the scramble theme this year!  How cool and fun!

Our last candy scramble left us with so much candy that I put like candies in separate ziplocs in the basement and used it for trick or treat.  It was so fresh when it went into storage that it was still in great condition when we put it back in the camper in October.  Easter and Halloween are the best Holidays to spend at the Fort!  Especially when Disney foots the bill for your trick or treat candy.

I love the idea of Snarky Scramble in October.  Time to start figuring out what color candy wrappers we need and how much to buy. 

great TR so far . When us newer Fiends meet a Hero Fiend it is meeting a celebrity for us .After stalking for months reading TRs

you begin to feel like you are friends . After meeting the people behind the screen name ,I found out we really are friends .

NTM

Hero fiends? Is Kelly a hero fiend? I just thought she likes to talk a lot. Lol.

I showered and then enjoyed doing this for a bit.

IMG_3182.jpg

Those hammocks are the best camping accessories!  We have one just like it.  Last October when I finally got to meet Lou and Grumpy, they caught me  napping in it.  When Claudine woke me and told me they were there, I was sleeping so hard, that I couldn't tell you what world I was in...

If I didn't know any better, I would think that Mr. GDF loves the Fort.  For a guy who says he doesn't like it, he sure looks like he's having a lot of fun.

TCD

That's what I'm talking' bout.  

Finally caught up on all the awesomeness!

I put them on the Christmas tree.  LOL

Candy scramble = all kinds of amazing.

All that and a bag of chips!!!

I love that so much.

Kind of reminds me of the time I let DH name a dog we were fostering for rescue.

He named him Dave.

Yes!!!

Well thanks, guys. I feel special. 

:popcorn:

Waiting for the inevitable, and always appreciated, bread pudding pictures.  

Bread pudding? You think we ate bread pudding? 

I see your husband is the smart one in the family.  

So if I get a dog named Dave, it makes me smarter? 

I'll start tagging you in accounts I follow.

OK!

Oh my gosh... your little man at the first Easter... how sweet is that baby face!!!    The story about the mickey bar, hilarious!! :)

He's grown up a Disney kid. Pretty cool!

I told him "you can't name a dog Dave" to which he replied "you said I could name him."  Funny thing is that dog was such a Dave!  I don't even know how to explain that other than the name fit him perfectly.  B)

Dave the dog was adopted by a family where the husband's name was also Dave.  Human Dave suggested his wife start calling him "Dave the Great" to avoid confusion.

She ended up calling Dave the dog "Davey."  :rofl2:

I could see DIT making that same request. 

Tag me too please.

I'm glad I'm not the only Insta-challenged one. 

Great candy scramble pic.

Pool time! Aaaawww!

The Lou stopped by! I take it you didn't have time to hide :rofl: At least he brought Gail and the kids to soften the blow of his visit.

Raglan Road. Definetely is one of our favorites.

Keep up the great work.

Our visit with Lou and Gail was great as always. I wish we could lure him back here. I miss his snark.

Here comes some Raglan Road.... 

So jealous that you got to swim on Easter!  It was a cold, wet day here in Oklahoma.  My church does a helicopter egg drog--they dropped 10,000 plastic eggs.  The kids grab them after they are dropped and then exchange them for candy.  We stood out there for an hour and froze.  It was so chilly that it kept many people away so there were tons of eggs still on the ground after all the kids collected them. 

Love the first Easter pics.   :)  The Egg scramble looks like a lot of fun and it's kind of nice that they include the big kids.  My oldest is 13 and was too old for the egg drop, but really there was so many eggs that they should have let the teens get some to exchange for candy, too. 

We came home to rain and cold. Reality isn't as much fun.

A helicopter egg hunt sounds cool!

That's so cool!

That's a lot of eggs. I bet watching all those eggs fall is a sight to see.

Danger!

Character meets, candy scramble, swimming, hammock time, Raglan Road -- looks like a great day!

It sure was!

While it's definitely good to be TCD, it's even better to be Z.  So he's been at the Fort for three Easters now?  He's only been on this earth for six, right?  That's a pretty good stat.

I've never been to Raglan Road, and have no plans to go anytime soon.  I'm interested to hear how you liked it, and how it was getting there.

TCD

Yep, he's had 6 Easters in his life and 3 have been at the Fort. It's good to be Z for sure. 

I discovered something this trip. Mr. GDF loves the Fort. It's theme parks he's not crazy about. I guess I can live with that. 

You'll get that answer coming up.

Why?

Right? 

It really is pretty neat!   :)

Pictures coming soon!

Downtown Disney is such a mess. I hate going there. If I can avoid it, I will.

TCD

That's what I thought too.

I don't plan on going to Raglan Road either.  The menu is not good for a low carber.

Hmmm.... I don't know about that. We had some low carb items. 

NTM

I'm a friend to all Fiends and love meeting new ones and catching up with old ones. 

Oh, I gotcha. I thought maybe you had an issue with beer, good food and bread pudding.

Ha ha ha!

Writing a trip report is time consuming and a labor of love.  Thanks for doing it.

Amid packing for our own upcoming Disney vacation, I am trying to stay current on this TR.  I am finally caught up.

I love the scramble theme this year!  How cool and fun!

Our last candy scramble left us with so much candy that I put like candies in separate ziplocs in the basement and used it for trick or treat.  It was so fresh when it went into storage that it was still in great condition when we put it back in the camper in October.  Easter and Halloween are the best Holidays to spend at the Fort!  Especially when Disney foots the bill for your trick or treat candy.

I love the idea of Snarky Scramble in October.  Time to start figuring out what color candy wrappers we need and how much to buy. 

I can't wait to read your trip report! 

Do we have any candy artists in the group? 

Hero fiends? Is Kelly a hero fiend? I just thought she likes to talk a lot. Lol.

I like to talk a lot? Ha ha ha! There are only a few people ahead of me in the post count, and you're one! 

You are too silly :)

I think we need new titles for 5,000 posts, 10,000 etc

I agree! 

Omg! Im always using the mobile version so I forgot that there are titles based on post count. :rofl:

I just thought Diane was in awe of Kelly's writing skills. Lol.

Most people are in awe of me. I'm used to it. 

I agree but what would they be?

5000 posts = super hero

10,000 posts = Sir Talksalot

Lol. Ok serious. What should the new titles be?

Suggestions?

5,000=

10,000=

15,000=

20,000=

I like the idea of more titles. Jen, can we have them... please... please.... 

5,000= Super Fiend

10,000= Fiendish Royalty 

15,000=

20,000= Mo

Those hammocks are the best camping accessories!  We have one just like it.  Last October when I finally got to meet Lou and Grumpy, they caught me  napping in it.  When Claudine woke me and told me they were there, I was sleeping so hard, that I couldn't tell you what world I was in...

That's what I'm talking' bout.  

That hammock was money well spent. We love it. 

And Jason does love the Fort. He'll actually admit that now. Sometimes. 

From the playground, we drove the cart up to the Outpost to catch a bus to Downtown Disney. The ride over there was actually painless. We got to the bus stop and headed in.

IMG_3192.jpg

We had a bit of a walk to Raglan Road, but that was OK because we had some time to kill.

Z liked this backdrop.

IMG_3193.jpg

Construction walls around the margarita bar

IMG_3194.jpg

I looked for TCD, but I didn’t see him.

IMG_3195.jpg

I forgot to mention it was cloudy. I was kind of worried we were going to get rained on. We decided to go in the Lego store. That was a mistake. But I love all the Lego sculptures.

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

The Lego store was insane, so we didn’t stay long.

Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you probably know there’s a lot of construction going on at Downtown Disney. You can see some of the walls here.

IMG_3198.jpg

You can also see where we’re going… Raglan Road!

We checked in and told them (thanks to Brandy) that we wanted to be in the dancing room. They said it could add to our wait considerably. I told them that was fine. They asked if a high top would be OK, and I said it would be. Guess what? We only waited about 5 minutes.

The room is cool. You can see the little stage in the middle and the bigger stage behind that.

IMG_3200.jpg

Also at Brandy’s recommendation, we knew we wanted to see the band. That started a little over an hour after our ADR time. I told Jason we’d stretch out the meal and then tip our server extra for taking the table longer. So that was the plan.

They bring out some bread with a sweet dip. Z loved it. We decided to order a couple appetizers and then order our entrees after we had those. We did go ahead and order the kid’s steak for Z though. Our boy LOVES steak and pretty much orders it whenever it’s on the menu.

Kiss Before Shrimp missing some of the shrimp (sorry)

IMG_3201.jpg

YUM!!!! Jason and I are both big garlic fans. These were awesome. And Gwen, they’re low carb minus the bread.

Heirloom tomato salad

IMG_3202.jpg

This was also very good. The tomatoes had a lot of flavor, which is not true of most tomatoes in Georgia during the spring. Z helped us dig into this as he loves tomatoes balsamic. What a cool kid.

Jason got a beer flight. I think it was $10, and he thought it was an excellent value. It’s partially pictured here.

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

Some dancing started.

IMG_3205.jpg

It was really cool, and Z was mesmerized.

IMG_3206.jpg

He especially liked this girl. Jason says he has good taste.

IMG_3207.jpg

Here’s a blurry picture of the kid’s steak. It came with fries, not pictured. Jason cut it up, and we both had a bite. It was excellent! The great flavor had Jason debating whether to get the adult version.

IMG_3208.jpg

Remember Z’s girl? He got a picture with her. Jason jumped in too.

IMG_3209.jpg

Jason ultimately ordered Schnitzel Savvy, some type of breaded ham entrée because we can make steak at home. He enjoyed it.

IMG_3210.jpg

I REALLY wanted to save room for dessert, so I asked if I could order the kid’s version of fish and chips. Our waitress said yes.

IMG_3211.jpg

The chips/fries here were very tasty.