Hoppy Easter and Crazy Crowds… The GDF Family Returns for Spring Break

More dancing

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

At some point during the meal, some of the female dancers had asked Z if he’d come dance on stage with them when it was time. He agreed to, but then he got a bit nervous.

Cowgirl Irish dancers

IMG_3214.jpg

But when the pretty lady came to get him, he followed her.

IMG_3215.jpg

And danced!

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

He got his certificate and everything. It was really cute to watch, and he’s still doing some of the moves he learned at home.

You know what’s coming next, right? 

Oh yeah!

IMG_3223.jpg

Our waitress explained how we should dump it all out and then cover it in the sauces. Z was ready!

IMG_3224.jpg

My mouth just watered. How about yours?

IMG_3225.jpg

Z gave it a thumbs up.

IMG_3226.jpg

The band came on.

IMG_3228.jpg

Jason tried to lick the plate.

IMG_3229.jpg

Raglan Road is officially Jason’s new favorite restaurant at Disney. It unseated Biergarten. He also thinks Ray and Dave and geniuses for encouraging us to go. It is now declared that we will eat at Raglan Road every trip. I also really enjoyed the meal. Everything except the fish really WOWed me, and it’s not that the fish was bad. It was good, just not a standout. And that bread pudding? Well, it lives up to the hype. The picture of it has me wanting to fly down now, and I will be returning on my next trip. The ADR is booked and everything. If you haven’t been to Raglan Road, you’re missing out. And don’t let the Downtown Disney construction stop you. Seriously!

We headed out with full bellies.

Outdoor bar with drink specials next door

IMG_3230.jpg

Construction walls

IMG_3231.jpg

A DJ was playing to entertain the crowd

IMG_3233.jpg

We had been communicating with Rick AKA itch to get together for a drink. We had a bit of a wait for a bus, but headed back to the Fort and stopped by their site.

Jason was in Bell’s heaven.

IMG_3234.jpg

And Rick really enjoyed the Sweetwater that Jason shared with him. The kids had fun playing together in the tent. Unfortunately, we had to cut our visit a bit short. The bread pudding was expanding in my stomach and it was apparent that I’d overeaten after months of dieting. I needed to lie down, so we headed back to the site.

We’re actually going to hit a park on Monday, so stay tuned for some Epcot, including some Flower and Garden, my first bit of solo time ever, and a meet up with a friend from home. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a lurker on trip reports for a long time... And it is about time for me to let you all know how fantastic they are and how I appreciate your time commitment in writing them. We leave for W

Well, here we go. It’s time for another GDF trip report. This Spring Break trip has been in the works for awhile. In fact, it was knowing that this trip was coming that prompted us to buy the APs on p

Alright, we left off with us about to ride Mission Space. It was Z’s first time. He was a little nervous, probably because of all the warnings which aren’t really applicable to the green side.   Yes,

15,000 Super Snarky

I like it!

Please oh please tell me you have pictures of Z with the dancers. Please!

Phew just saw you posted one.

Yeah, sorry I had to do that in multiple parts. Something weird was going on with the pictures. Dancing pictures are up now too!

When you said that Jason jumped into the picture with Z and the dancer, I wasn't expecting to see him THAT close to her.   :lol:

I understand your comment about the fish....I wouldn't say it's any better than the fish and chips in Epcot at England.  But I do love me some fish and chips regardless.  

Now, the bread pudding to me is just so-so.  As in, I love it SO SO freakin much that I'm tempted to hop a flight this morning and go get some!!  Man that stuff is like CRACK!  

Glad you enjoyed RR.  And I'm glad Jason enjoyed the beer, food, atmosphere, dancing, scenery.  j/k

Oh, one more thought.  I hope the princesses don't see these pics of Z with the dancers.  Take it from me....there ain't nothin' more dangerous than a Princess Scorned!  

Great update.

There was no doubt in my mind that y'all wouldn't love RR.

And y'all got the full experience. Did you get to check out the bar? I know you said you only waited 5 minutes so I bet you didn't get to. DW and I love to have a drink at the bar before dinner.

Z has got it going on with the ladies! I thought he only worked in royal princess circles about he's quite the man around town. Tell Jason he's got a girl and quit trying to play in Z's game! :lol:

And I'm glad Jason finally recognized mine and Dave's genius. Lol.

And what a great way to end your great day.

Looking forward to Epcot.

The dancers... are they clogging? I want to cover the dancers a little (the older I get... and the older my daughter gets... the more modest I become :rolleyes: ), but I think clogging is so, so neat!! I bet it's amazing exercise!

Nacole, those are their hard shoes. In Irish dancing, there are hard shoe dances and soft shoe dances. And you are right, excellent exercise!!

Kelly, so glad you had fun! It's an amazing place. Atmosphere, entertainment, food, for me, can't get any better. Thanks for sharing!

Nacole, those are their hard shoes. In Irish dancing, there are hard shoe dances and soft shoe dances. And you are right, excellent exercise!!

Kelly, so glad you had fun! It's an amazing place. Atmosphere, entertainment, food, for me, can't get any better. Thanks for sharing!

Irish dancing... is that like lord of the dance?

Wel Well Well don't I feel like a Fort celebrity not only did my ugly mug get recognized I got a shout out in a trip report ! Kelly you ROCK it was nice seeing you again and meeting your DH. Your table at Raglan was right behind where we sat, we were right in front of the small stage. The bread is an Irish Staple it's called Soda Bread and my Dad says it's the closet thing he's had to the bread he had in Ireland. The oil was a Guiness reduction you can buy some in the gift shop. Wholly crap that beer flight was only ten bucks I sured missed the monorail on that one, I think I spent 25 on three beers. Z has great taste after Finn got done with his solo he said she talked to him and was on cloud nine. They played Galway Girl and he sang the whole song ( it's one of my favorite songs) to get the whole meaning you need to hear the lyrics look up Steve Earl his redemption is one of the best!

http://youtu.be/_Lcnvd8BNFE

Great trip report keep it up !

Raglan Road looks like lots of fun!!! My favorite dish there is the It's Not Bleedin Chowder.

There are so many other things I want to order on the menu. Yum!

The dancers... are they clogging?  I want to cover the dancers a little (the older I get... and the older my daughter gets... the more modest I become  :rolleyes: ), but I think clogging is so, so neat!!  I bet it's amazing exercise!

You're funny! It's not really clogging, but close I guess. 

Raglan Road is the bomb, it's obvious your our husband has great taste!

You mean husbandS, right? People might think we're sister wives. LOL!

When you said that Jason jumped into the picture with Z and the dancer, I wasn't expecting to see him THAT close to her.   :lol:

I understand your comment about the fish....I wouldn't say it's any better than the fish and chips in Epcot at England.  But I do love me some fish and chips regardless.  

Now, the bread pudding to me is just so-so.  As in, I love it SO SO freakin much that I'm tempted to hop a flight this morning and go get some!!  Man that stuff is like CRACK!  

Glad you enjoyed RR.  And I'm glad Jason enjoyed the beer, food, atmosphere, dancing, scenery.  j/k

Oh, one more thought.  I hope the princesses don't see these pics of Z with the dancers.  Take it from me....there ain't nothin' more dangerous than a Princess Scorned!  

Hmm... Now that you mention it, Jason is pretty close to the dancer. LOL

The bread pudding... I have dreams about it. 

Good point about the princesses. Z needs to be careful. Of course, he spent today writing 3 love letters to 3 different girls in his class. I wonder how that's going to go over. 

Great update.

There was no doubt in my mind that y'all wouldn't love RR.

And y'all got the full experience. Did you get to check out the bar? I know you said you only waited 5 minutes so I bet you didn't get to. DW and I love to have a drink at the bar before dinner.

Z has got it going on with the ladies! I thought he only worked in royal princess circles about he's quite the man around town. Tell Jason he's got a girl and quit trying to play in Z's game! :lol:

And I'm glad Jason finally recognized mine and Dave's genius. Lol.

And what a great way to end your great day.

Looking forward to Epcot.

No, we didn't get a chance to sit at the bar, but we did see it. It's cool. 

Z is a babe magnet. 

Glad you guys had such a good time! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a blast! So glad we branched out and tried something new. 

Irish dancing... is that like lord of the dance?

Yep!

Exactly the same

Beat me to it. 

Wel Well Well don't I feel like a Fort celebrity not only did my ugly mug get recognized I got a shout out in a trip report ! Kelly you ROCK it was nice seeing you again and meeting your DH. Your table at Raglan was right behind where we sat, we were right in front of the small stage. The bread is an Irish Staple it's called Soda Bread and my Dad says it's the closet thing he's had to the bread he had in Ireland. The oil was a Guiness reduction you can buy some in the gift shop. Wholly crap that beer flight was only ten bucks I sured missed the monorail on that one, I think I spent 25 on three beers. Z has great taste after Finn got done with his solo he said she talked to him and was on cloud nine. They played Galway Girl and he sang the whole song ( it's one of my favorite songs) to get the whole meaning you need to hear the lyrics look up Steve Earl his redemption is one of the best!

Thanks for joining in on the report. So great to see you again! Glad you guys also made it over to Raglan Road and that your kids got to dance. I forgot to mention to everyone that your kids had been taking lessons. Brandy's daughter started too, so we have at least 3 Irish dancing Fiend kids. Very cool!

You mean husbandS, right? People might think we're sister wives. LOL!

LOL is right. Oh my goodness what a typo that is!!! I think I need keeper. 

I am quite comfortable thinking we are leading 'parallel' lives, we are just the Northern version of a GaDawg family.  Our blood runs scarlet and gray though. Go Bucks!

The bread pudding... I have dreams about it. 

Y'all think I've been kidding about this stuff all these years?  8)

It's sooooooo worth braving the traffic, construction and the hike from either the bus stop or the parking lot any day of the week!

Y'all think I've been kidding about this stuff all these years?  8)

It's sooooooo worth braving the traffic, construction and the hike from either the bus stop or the parking lot any day of the week!

Preach it sister. Now we need to convince TCD to go and try it.

Construction. Big deal. We pulled right in to the parking garage and were in Ragland road in a matter of minutes.

I don't know why these people doubt us.

I like the song.