Hoppy Easter and Crazy Crowds… The GDF Family Returns for Spring Break

Well, here we go. It’s time for another GDF trip report. This Spring Break trip has been in the works for awhile. In fact, it was knowing that this trip was coming that prompted us to buy the APs on previous trips. Of course as Disney hopes, those AP have led to even more trips. The Mouse wins. I’m OK with that.

Originally this trip was going to begin Thursday night. We had Friday off, and the plan was to leave after work on Thursday, drive most of the way, and arrive at the Fort Friday morning. But Mother Nature messed that up. We lost our Friday off. Ugh. So we left Friday after work… actually after Atlanta traffic. That put us at the Fort in the early hours of Saturday morning. Ouch.

We arrived around 4-5 AM. I’ve blocked the exact time out of my mind. We plugged in and went to bed. We’re lucky because Z is an awesome kid who loves to sleep too, so we got to sleep in.

Even so, we adjusted our plans for Saturday. Originally, we were going to hit AK in the afternoon and then go to Boma for dinner. We decided to have Fort time, then Boma instead.

We were assigned to site 1416. It was OK. There wasn’t much privacy between us and our neighbors, but we had this lovely water feature behind us.

D31AE3FC-64BB-4CC5-82B9-018B9305E2FD.jpg

Seriously, they should do something about that. Gross.

We got to show off our new sign. It was quite a hit, and I’m super glad we splurged for it.

a324551e-6521-48dc-9f5d-1d4656c870bd.jpg

We had some business to take care of with the GDF cart. It arrived looking like this.

22C3295B-3F38-4EF6-8951-8992C55BA0E5.jpg

But we’d ordered some upgrades, so the first thing Jason did Saturday was this.

710B05F4-0C4B-47F7-B611-99154B63255C.jpg

Isn’t it pretty? There are some bulldog heads on the side as well. And now we get barked at all over the Fort. Winning!

We stopped by the Meadows Trading Post for some things we forgot, like toilet paper. Oops!

5BEBFE5B-51D2-462B-80EC-15990AC9BA34.jpg

We decided to hit Trail’s End for some lunch and have some playground time.

Off we go!

58126169-0B24-4826-95FE-2B3E081B2052.jpg

Someone had this parked in the loop. Be sure to check out the back seat.

AA4F2F45-56F3-4992-BF11-D69325211C5F.jpg

We arrived at Trail’s End.

B5F7FECB-3DCF-448C-ABDA-8DBA23EFCBDC.jpg

Z hit the playground while we did this.

6AF44AD8-B03B-4023-A6F8-DC2DFF5CCE97_1.j

Ahhhh…. It was great to be back at the Fort! I made my 10,000 post from that spot.

Then, it was time for some food. I love Trail’s End for lunch. The food is good and fairly reasonably priced, and you can generally get in with no ADR and a short wait.

Z colored while we waited on our food. He’s a smart kid.

9B1F0965-073B-436E-ADE8-063821C89E35.jpg

I love the shrimp and grits, but decided I needed to branch out. I ordered the chicken and waffles, and they are delicious. Highly recommended.

E7DB709B-4B43-4907-B4B2-918714D3ECAE.jpg

Jason ordered the country fried steak, I believe.

7C24C2ED-DBF7-408E-B9AF-EAB72D44D165.jpg

It was a good lunch size, but might not satisfy a super hungry eater.

We saw this Haunted Mansion themed cart as we were leaving.

6F24650D-B924-4F85-B960-209357EF414C.jpg

A9C02181-6CC6-4F11-B809-274FF8C23C5C.jpg

Then it was time to hit playground #2. Z is currently obsessed with monkey bars, so this one is his favorite these days.

7D6937A8-122F-406E-B2E8-0F9C6669E768.jpg

It was a beautiful, sunny day. It took us a bit to acclimate to the heat.

90A62FA5-D267-45D6-AAC2-BC2C97C45B9B.jpg

8D24656F-E12E-4870-90AE-2B236A41E55C.jpg

After some playing, we headed back to the site to set up. Jason also went to pick up a package left by BigTom.

E7EA78DB-E3AB-4723-A0E6-8960C6E9EA82.jpg

It will become the base to our new Mickey light! Fiends rock!

My next pictures begin at the AKL, so we’ll pick with our first visit there, including dinner at BOMA! 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a lurker on trip reports for a long time... And it is about time for me to let you all know how fantastic they are and how I appreciate your time commitment in writing them. We leave for W

Well, here we go. It’s time for another GDF trip report. This Spring Break trip has been in the works for awhile. In fact, it was knowing that this trip was coming that prompted us to buy the APs on p

Alright, we left off with us about to ride Mission Space. It was Z’s first time. He was a little nervous, probably because of all the warnings which aren’t really applicable to the green side.   Yes,

Dang,  I got the bronze medal.

So what's it like checking in at 4 am?  I'm sure you had to go inside.  Did it take long?

Even though I'm not a fan of your team, I do have to admit that your golf cart looks great.

How was the owner of that classic car allowed to park it off of the pad? Where were the Idiot Rangers?

I am really surprised that Z was allowed to use a blue crayon to color his dog.  You're getting soft.

Donnie (Stacktester) used to have a Haunted Mansion Doom Buggy themed cart, but the front of that one in your photo doesn't look how I remembered the front of Donnie's cart looking.  It could be his cart, though.

Looking forward to what you thought about Boma.  We've been several times. I like breakfast there better than dinner.

TCD

I'm in!

Having children that enjoy their sleep is wonderful. Z is doing great on the monkey bars. Do they allow the kids to play on them at his school? Where I work you have to be 2nd grade or above to go on them. There used to not be a rule, but then I guess a few broken arms happened so they made the rule.

I have been a lurker on trip reports for a long time...

And it is about time for me to let you all know how fantastic they are and how I appreciate your time commitment in writing them.

We leave for WDW in 52 days - 1 night at the Contemporary and 7 at the Fort.  Reading about everyone's adventures really makes the "waiting for my trip" easier.  And I learn a few things and get really, really excited!

Thank you!