Hoppy Easter and Crazy Crowds… The GDF Family Returns for Spring Break

Jose revoked Mickey's NRA membership, so alas, he is Musket Mickey no more.  Just a mouse in a Daniel Boone outfit.  

He's still pretty cool. Z was excited to meet him. He didn't remember last time. 

I have a comment, then a question, then a comment.

First, that was a great post!  I was at the MK the day before this, and have been to the Fort around Easter time before, but have never been there on Easter Sunday or personally seen a candy scramble.  You have some great photos.

Now the question:  Did Z deliver on the requests for Reese's and Jolly Ranchers?

And, the last comment:

I say that you're not like someone cool, you are someone cool.

That's pretty awesome that so many people recognized you. 

Now, some of you lurkers ought to hop in and comment!

TCD

The candy scramble is really cool. I should have asked who decides the theme. The picture of the house was taken by one of the CM. They brought a cart-like vehicle over there to take some pictures from higher up. I asked him if he'd take one for me too, and he was happy to do so. I didn't get good pictures of the Brave theme, so I made sure to get these. 

Z did deliver. He's a good boy. 

It was pretty fun to be recognized. Does this mean I can go tomedia events now? LOL!

I saw lots of red jolly ranchers in Z's bucket.  That kid is a keeper.

Yeah, we'll keep him around. 

Shoot, I had one more comment on that last post.

Good one about using the Easter candy at Halloween.

Wherever he is, Lars is smiling and nodding his head in approval at that comment.  Maybe he'll make another mod to his serial killer van for a space to hold the candy.

TCD

From all the stories, I kind of wish I'd been at the other place, so I could fully understand how special that guy was. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a lurker on trip reports for a long time... And it is about time for me to let you all know how fantastic they are and how I appreciate your time commitment in writing them. We leave for W

Well, here we go. It’s time for another GDF trip report. This Spring Break trip has been in the works for awhile. In fact, it was knowing that this trip was coming that prompted us to buy the APs on p

Alright, we left off with us about to ride Mission Space. It was Z’s first time. He was a little nervous, probably because of all the warnings which aren’t really applicable to the green side.   Yes,

Gotcha, that makes it a lot easier.  Even when Anna gets big enough for a booster, I imagine there will still be value in her being restrained by a 5 point harness, and possibly 2 wild horses and some Benadryl.  

Flint will most likely be in a five point harness until he moves out.  That boy is wild.  He is even in a five point harness in the stroller!!!

Kelly, I'm beginning to see a pattern forming here....  You know all this time you have told us about having to twist Jason't arm to come to the Fort, I think he already has made plans to meet up with all of his secret friends there... The "Cannon Camera" guy, the "Craft Beer" guy...  There must be some other secret forum that we don't know about...

the Candy Scramble looks amazing and fun!  Glad Z was able to get plenty of candy for everyone !

It really is! And yes, we still have candy. I wonder if dentists sponsor it to put money in their pockets. 

I love the candy pic of Kevin. The FamilyofBears loves to name random things around the house Kevin bc of that movie. Such a fun name for a bird. Or a ball. Or a remote control. Or glass of milk. You get the idea.

That's awesome! You guys need to do an Easter at the Fort. 

Oh and sorry about bringing up the uber thing. I take it back. Everyone please delete that from the record.

Carry on.

Ha ha! It's OK. 

Flint will most likely be in a five point harness until he moves out.  That boy is wild.  He is even in a five point harness in the stroller!!!

That's funny. Z is still usually in a high back booster, and we use one with the 5 point harness in the Jeep. 

I like Musket/Frontier Mickey. And the candy scramble looks like a lot of fun.  What's the oldest age group? I'm hoping you'll say 50+, but somehow I doubt it. Congratulations on your celebrity status. 

There is an age group that's something like 14 and up, so you could be included! Honestly, after the kids fill their buckets, the CMs ask people to just take it. There's soooooooooooo much. 

Ohhhhh for Halloween we need to make a snarky candy scramble!

That would be fun. But do we want them to have more candy? 

So much to comment on that I don't know where to start!

Pick something! Anything! LOL

Hey GDF-

Do your recognize any of these CM's from the Candy Scramble?:

candy_zpsufmwa8ix.jpg

That was posted on a Fort castmember's Instagram account.  It shows them preparing for the candy scramble.

TCD

I do recognize the one with her face in her hands! I need to figure out instagram. You and Beckers find some good stuff there. 

Thumper!  I love Thumper!!

Mercy... that's a lot of candy.

The sign "This is my happy place"... I want that!!   :)

You need to go to the Fort for Easter then!

It is a lot of candy. 

Funny thing about that sign.... As soon as Jason saw it, he said, "I'm guessing we'll have one of those on the next trip."

Nice!

I need one of those signs too!!

We can all match! 

Kelly, I'm beginning to see a pattern forming here....  You know all this time you have told us about having to twist Jason't arm to come to the Fort, I think he already has made plans to meet up with all of his secret friends there... The "Cannon Camera" guy, the "Craft Beer" guy...  There must be some other secret forum that we don't know about...

Hmmmm.... you might be on to something. 

Me too!

Fiend women have good taste. 

Hey, I’ve got some archival footage for you. Here’s the first time we met (no) Musket Mickey.

IMG_6446.jpg

IMG_6445.jpg

That’s some cute stuff right? I guess Minnie doesn’t come anymore, but it’s still cool to meet Mickey and Thumper.

And here’s Z’s first candy scramble. He was frustrated because some of the candy had morning dew on it. And he didn’t follow directions to grab the Reece’s.

IMG_6437.jpg

Hmmm… which one should I pick? Just shovel it in, kid!

IMG_6429.jpg

We’ve trained him better since then. We also learned that you don’t want the paper bags they offer because the candy is too heavy. See, we’re all wiser.

OK, so back to Easter. It was still fairly early, but Z had seen the pool, so he wanted to SWIM.

It’s not often that you get to see the pool like this.

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

There are chairs on the front row and everything.

So I did this.

IMG_3171.jpg

And watched this guy swim.

IMG_3172.jpg

And play

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

We had ice cream.

IMG_3177.jpg

I’ve told this story before, but it amuses me, so I’ll repeat it. Z’s first Mickey bar was right here at the Fort pool. He was so excited. He bit into it and then cried because he’d eaten Mickey. LOL! He doesn’t have that problem anymore.

Around lunch time, we got hungry… Imagine that! So we headed back to the site to fire up the Big Green Egg Mini Max.

IMG_3178.jpg

We had a dinner ADR for Raglan Road, so we didn’t want to eat a big meal. Hot dogs and some fruit satisfied us.

IMG_3179.jpg

Oh in this picture, I see the mug. I decided to experiment and buy one this trip to see if it would be worth it. For us, I wouldn’t buy more than 1. It was nice to have at the pool, and I probably broke even vs. the cash price of sodas, but we also keep sodas at the RV, and it’s not convenient to fill unless you’re hanging at the pool or Settlement. They do make a good souvenir though.

IMG_3180.jpg

I finally took pictures of our site.

IMG_3181.jpg

You can see there wasn’t much privacy with our neighbors to the left.

I showered and then enjoyed doing this for a bit.

IMG_3182.jpg

Jason and Z got a little crazy with Easter grass.

IMG_3184.jpg

And then they went on some adventure, I think to the trading post.

As I was relaxing, some visitors I was expecting arrived, The Lou, Gail, Buddy, and Dobby! Jason had told me to text when they arrived. We had a good visit, and Z even helped Gail walk the dogs. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures. But it happened. I swear.

They headed out, and we had some time before we needed to leave for our ADR, so we headed to the monkey bar playground at Z’s request.

IMG_3186.jpg

It was another beautiful day.

IMG_3188.jpg

Jason had to show him, he’s still got it.

IMG_3187.jpg

Jason also found a Jeep!

IMG_3189.jpg

Yep, we laughed about that picture for awhile.

Before long, it was time to head to Raglan Road, a restaurant favorite in the Fiend world. You might remember it’s our anniversary. I picked Raglan as a little sort-of-gift for Jason because he loves good beer, fried food, and doesn’t object to pretty ladies.

So does Raglan Road live up to the hype? We’ll find out in the next update.  

Finally caught up on all the awesomeness!

Z loves glow cubes. You can add them to any drink for about $2. Do it next time you go! We reuse them at home. 

I put them on the Christmas tree.  LOL

Candy scramble = all kinds of amazing.

I say that you're not like someone cool, you are someone cool.

That's pretty awesome that so many people recognized you. 

Now, some of you lurkers ought to hop in and comment!

All that and a bag of chips!!!

I love the candy pic of Kevin. The FamilyofBears loves to name random things around the house Kevin bc of that movie. Such a fun name for a bird. Or a ball. Or a remote control. Or glass of milk. You get the idea.

I love that so much.

Kind of reminds me of the time I let DH name a dog we were fostering for rescue.

He named him Dave.

Ohhhhh for Halloween we need to make a snarky candy scramble!

Yes!!!

I see your husband is the smart one in the family.  

I told him "you can't name a dog Dave" to which he replied "you said I could name him."  Funny thing is that dog was such a Dave!  I don't even know how to explain that other than the name fit him perfectly.  8)

Dave the dog was adopted by a family where the husband's name was also Dave.  Human Dave suggested his wife start calling him "Dave the Great" to avoid confusion.

She ended up calling Dave the dog "Davey."  :rofl2: