Westward Ho! To Disneyland We Go!!!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to go ahead and get started on this trip report.   Some preamble. We always have wanted to do something special for our 25th Anniversary, and years ago we evened dreamed about visiting the D

After World of Color, we waited on the crowds to disperse, then wandered to DTD for some Earl of Sandwich. I had found a Groupon for $10 worth for $5, and was able to buy two coupons, so dinner was pr

By the way...who is this Westward Ho you are speaking of? :rofl3:

First??  

Disneyland!!!!!

Woo hoo, bring it on!

And BTW....the stadium is the LA Coliseum, I believe.  And that's an old arena near USC.  

Yes, your first!!!!! 

I'm so glad you aren't making us wait!!!

After the first installment, we got busy, but may be able to post another update tonite if Photobucket cooperates

The mountain pics are beautiful!

I thought so too!!! Have never seen mountains like that before!

Fourth!!!  That's a flippin record for me.

And what Beckers said.  :)

Ok I'm calling 3rd since Beckers posted twice.  B)

Love the shots from the plane!!

Yep, I'd say 3rd!

Technically....I'd consider you third.  Cause Beckers posted twice and all.  

Jinx!  I edited my post just as you were posting.  :rofl2:

And now ya'll are hoggin page 1

Fourth or fifth, but whose counting I'm here.

Glad you are here!!

This page one could be dedicated to all of us boring folks who are sitting home on Friday evening.  

There have been MANY Friday evenings when I've been there!

I'm in!

Greenbrier yummmm.

Looking forward to more of your report.

We thought Greenbriar was a fitting start to our trip!

Hey, who you calling boring??

Twasn't me!!!

:doublebeer:

It's a party!

Wow, I am super jealous at the cost for your trip!

Hope you're having a wonderful time :)

It was paid for with endless nights in hotels working way too many hours and many hours in an airplane!!

We are having a blast!

I'm in.  Great pictures from the plane.  Looking forward to the rest of the trip.

Thanks for reading!

I'm in. Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks! more to come soon!

Yes that LA. Coliseum and the LA Memorial Sports Arena.

Carol actually flew just north of it so she's looking south. And if you look to southwest of the stadium you'll see were I spent most of my freshman year, in that darn swimming pool. Lol.

USC is directly north of the stadium and the Staples Center, home of the LA Lakers, is about 2-3 miles north of USC.

I'll have to take your word for it :)

Ok wait. I'm mistaken. That is the Olympic pool and dive well. I think. Our pool was about 7-8 blocks north on campus. You can't see it in Carol's picture.

OK :)

First Page?

Looking forward to your adventure!

Yep, still first page!

I'm in too!  Really looking forward to this TR.

Thanks for reading!

May be late, but I am here now.

Never too late to start reading a trip report!

Count me in!!

Thanks for reading!

Can't wait to read the rest!!

More coming soon

Reading along, looks great so far

Thanks!

I am in and reading to get excited for our trip this summer. 

You will have fun Jason!! and if you haven't already, get that Premier Pass, most meals we've had have been 15% off and merchandise is 20% off!

I'm in!   :)

Were you two of different planes?

Wow... I was born in S. Cali and still have extended family down there, but it's been years (and TV does such a good job of making things super pretty) that I had all but forgotten just how bad the smog can be.  Yuck!

So, anniversary trip...right?  Congratulations!!  :heartsmiley:

Yes, we were on two separate planes. I put Rick on the Delta direct flight with both suitcases and the ECV, and I had a plane change on United in San Francisco with carryon only. I left Atlanta about 2 hours before Rick did, but we landed within 30 minutes of each other.  When I landed, Rick said he was waiting at baggage claim 3. When I got down there, no Rick, but what I soon discovered is I landed at terminal 7 and he was at terminal 5, so I had a bit of a hike to get to him, but it all worked out.

Yes, our anniversary was Feb 24th, but we picked April because Rick's birthday is April 4th and mine is May 1st, so we're celebrating all three events!

I'm in! 

Thanks!!!!

By the way...who is this Westward Ho you are speaking of? :rofl3:

LOL!!!!

Ya know, I had the same exact thought, but you know me....I tend to keep my thoughts to myself.  

Yeah right!!!!

I'm totally in!  

Cool!

Maybe it's foreshadowing ?!?!

Eh..... maybe..... maybe not...... :)

Have some time to continue this report....

We have now both landed at LAX, gotten our luggage, found our shuttle stop, and made our way to Anaheim.

FYI - We used SuperShuttle. Very similar to how Mears shuttle works in Orlando. You can book a round trip online. You proceed to the SuperShuttle stop out on the sidewalk, check in with the host, and wait on them to call you to a van. We needed an accessible shuttle, so that took a few minutes more. We were loaded up with one other family, and actually made pretty good time to Anaheim. We were the first stop.

Our hotel.

Hotel Indigo Anaheim on Katella. It is about 3/4 of a mile from the Disney gates, and is part of the IHG Rewards hotel group where I collect my stay points from my work travel.

This is an AWESOME hotel. We booked a standard king room, but were upgraded to a mini suite, with 2 queens, a sofa sleeper, mini fridge, and lots of extra room. The hotel was recently converted from Holiday Inn Express to Indigo, and it is really amazing.  I'll have some room pictures soon.

But anyway, here are a few pictures of our afternoon upon arrival.  We didn't have any plans, except for dinner, and acquainting ourselves with the area a bit.

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

The daily sky picture (and so far, every day has been exactly the same!)

IMG_0468.jpg

Looking down the road from our hotel towards Harbor Blvd

IMG_0469.jpg

If you head down Katella in the other direction, you will run into Garden Walk mall. It has several good restaurants, a movie theater, and some high end shops. Some of the restaurants are California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, McCormick and Schmitts, and our destination, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

If you need something from your server, you flip it over to this sign

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

and that is picture limit.... more to come

Now for our dinner!

Appetizer. Those are some kind of potato bacon cheese bites

IMG_0501.jpg

I had the It's Stuffed Shrimp

IMG_0502.jpg

Rick had the shrimp feast

IMG_0503.jpg

Now we are wandering back to our hotel

IMG_0506.jpg

This fountain was at the hotel next door

IMG_0507.jpg

Now we are heading towards Disney. Since we had bought our Premier APs in Florida, we were told we needed to stop by Guest Relations to activate them on Disneyland's system.

IMG_0508.jpg

and that's all that has uploaded so far..... and it's bedtime... More later!

That sky and weather is beautiful and why SoCal is so expensive. Great looking hotel. And great location. Wish that hotel was redone before our last visit. We would have stayed there. Instead we were jut south of you at the Embassy Suites. We had to take a shuttle to Disney were you got to walk. Lucky! Did you have a room facing the parks? Great pix. Keep em coming.

Solid middle of page 3 bragging rights for me.

I'm glad that you like the hotel.  That's where we almost stayed in December, until a better deal on a closer hotel popped up.

I'm also glad to hear that you're enjoying great weather.  I hope that continues for you.

Have you ever eaten at the Bubba Gump's at Universal Studios in Florida?  I imagine they're the same.

Keep it coming.

TCD