UPDATE: SIGN IS FINISHED! ! Do these count?

So I've been messing around with a cnc router I have access to and came up with a few designs. First one is a clock, made from plywood and a scrap piece of hardwood. I set the router to .125 deep and used a torch to age it before lacquer top coat. That was before I got the clock parts at michaels.

Second one is a camp sign for the fort. Made out of glued up scrap cherry strips. V bit letters and detail lines with a ball end mill pocket around the disney text. I'm going to paint the interior letters black and restain after paint. I'm using sikkens cetol 1 topcat. I'm going to add an led light and hang it from a tree branch style frame. Just thought I'd share.

20141203_154706_zps19f149b1.jpg

20150514_190304_zpse4649b9f.jpg

I'm very envious of the toys you have to play on! It seems to me that the Mickey part is inverted, though. The parts that are normally black outlines are the uncut, white-painted parts, making him look like a negative. Is there an easy way for you to invert the image? Or, depending on the type of file you need perhaps I can help (I'm a graphic artist and can output to all the popular vector, raster and CAD formats).

Thanks for all of the likes!

Shannon, I think it may be an illusion, the white looking parts are raw cherry wood after cutting. When you do these, you have to paint a good sealer on first, then cut, then back paint and sand, then topcoat. The sealer is to keep the black paint in step 2 from bleeding into other areas that you dot want it in.

Ive been trying to find the time to work on these. Here's the next step. Painted the entire thing with rustoleum black, then sanded the face with 80 then 100. Used compressed air to blow out all of the crud, now I'm topcoat ing with sikkens cetol. Most likely 3 coats.

20150515_163741_zps2d33bee7.jpg

Here is the clock, I tried to hand paint it like an idiot a while back and it didn't turn out that great. My wife liked it plain too.

20150515_171813_zps58600bc1.jpg

OK, got 3 coats of sikkens on, sanded between coats and it looks really good- maybe my best sign yet

20150518_190535_zps4f0c24f1.jpg

Then I had a buddy get me some straight limbs from an oak he just cut down, and I used an old bark riddled 2x6 for the base. In this pic it only has one coat of finish. I'm trying to figure if I should use chain, rope or leather to hang the sign. Any suggestions?

20150519_181229_zpsb170a542.jpg

And for fun, here are a set of Minnie made from 1/2 inch plywood scraps. They were Christmas gifts for a friend and cousin.

20141222_174404_zps1f9b455e.jpg

DONE!

20150524_091206_zps7496c0b1.jpg

We just went with black chain to hang it. I have a piece of metal to support the sideways tilt if wind is a factor, or I may drill 2 holes and use a tent stake or similar. Sign is a little over 16" diameter BTW.

Oh gosh... I LOVE this!!!!   I want one!!