Dave Loves Beer (and his wife)....DIT and INC Celebrate 20 Years

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, no I didn't!  I forgot to go back to that.     I got her a new diamond ring....basically a solitaire engagement ring.  When we got engaged we didn't have two nickles to rub together, so I got her

Time to wrap up this short trip report that I never even intended on writing until Mo forced me to.   :D   We went to Primo for a sit down dinner.  Now, I mentioned earlier that INC and I prefer casua

Ok...I wasn't going to write a trip report for our 20th anniversary trip but Mo wanted to see my pictures of beer.  So blame her.   This will be a quick one....probably just a few updates.     So May

It is real Nutella.  The restaurant buys those tubes from Italy and has them shipped over.  They have some sort of contraption to fill them themselves.  As you can imagine, similar to a tube of toothpaste the tube gets pretty crushed, especially when some overzealous Nutella fans squeeze it with all their strength to extract every little bit of Nutella.  Not that I know anyone like that.  But regardless, the tubes cannot be reused.    

That's amazing.  I've been to Disney too much, and have forgotten that there are actually businesses out there who go the extra mile for their customers.

I'll bet there's a photo of you Hoovering a tube of Nutella.   Let's see it!

TCD

It's possible I will have a trip report starting in a few weeks that will be my breast one yet.  

LOL!  Good idea.  But I'm afraid they wouldn't give a mouse's behind.  

Disney more than made up your lack of staying on property off of some schlub from Arkansas that bought every souvenir in sight, didn't have a dining plan, ate 3 meals a day at the parks, and bought a daily admission to each park at face value!

It's possible I will have a trip report starting in a few weeks that will be my breast one yet.

Jessica was saying the other day we needed to find out when you were going there and go then too. We are headed up that way to see my cousins, aunt and uncle on July 5th for a couple days. Any chance you are going to be there then?

I see what you did there.

TCD

Who, me?

That's amazing.  I've been to Disney too much, and have forgotten that there are actually businesses out there who go the extra mile for their customers.

I'll bet there's a photo of you Hoovering a tube of Nutella.   Let's see it!

TCD

Sadly, that photo got deleted.  

Disney more than made up your lack of staying on property off of some schlub from Arkansas that bought every souvenir in sight, didn't have a dining plan, ate 3 meals a day at the parks, and bought a daily admission to each park at face value!

Or from Brazil.  

Jessica was saying the other day we needed to find out when you were going there and go then too. We are headed up that way to see my cousins, aunt and uncle on July 5th for a couple days. Any chance you are going to be there then?

No, that's too bad.  I am trying to work out a plan to spend some time around Father's Day in the mountains with my Dad (and Mom).  So if it does work out, you might be seeing some pictures of the DIT parents.  Keep your fingers crossed for us....my Dad has been having some health issues which might throw the plan aside, but we're hoping he feels well enough for the trip.  

What a nice quick trip you had. I would have been pulled into the fancy restaurant by it's review as well. I love eating at places that use locally grown items. That pasta however looked nasty. Glad you had the pizza back. So how quick did the charm of the weekend wear off once you got back home? ; 0)

What a great weekend!  Sorry that last dinner didn't turn out better.

Thanks Gwen.  I'm glad we had so many other good times that one dinner didn't ruin anything.

Praying your dad feels well enough to make the Father's Day trip you have planned.

Thank you Yvonne!  I hate seeing them age...although the alternative isn't good so we count our blessings.  

What a nice quick trip you had. I would have been pulled into the fancy restaurant by it's review as well. I love eating at places that use locally grown items. That pasta however looked nasty. Glad you had the pizza back. So how quick did the charm of the weekend wear off once you got back home? ; 0)

Before we even got home!  That sense of impending doom set in while traveling....because you always pay for stuff like this in naughty behavioral afterwards.  LOL.  

Great trip report, looks like you did just what you wanted to, RELAX, good job!!!!!

We sure did.  Thanks Rennie!

"We went back into H&H and bellied up to the bar.  They had live music on this night, which was a Friday, so that was a nice touch.  We checked out the full dessert menu and settled on two."

We frequently belly up to the bar when we travel - in most hotels you can get most of the same food they serve in the restaurants, it's usually quicker (therefore hot) and frequently cheaper.  Often all we really want at the end of a day is a really good soup and maybe one or two light appetizers as opposed to a full meal.  

Not to mention there's often music, or even a bartender who can tell you what going on around the area.  Very useful in non-English speaking countries.  

Congratulations on your 20th - we're celebrating 46 this weekend.

Look Dave, this is great and all, but now my wife is going to read this and since our NEXT anniversary is our 20th, it's going to be a bit hard to live up to this....

Seriously tho'  - late and caught up.  Looks like a great time was had by all.  I guess this was a Queen Pett....er, Pampering Party?!!

I do love beer..., and my wife....and beer...

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I am definitely taking note of that hotel and will keep it in mind if DH and I can ever sneak off again. It won't take much convincing for him if I show him all your beer pics.

Great TR.

What a great way to celebrate

Happy anniversary.

I'm actually sitting out by the beach, in Maui, where me and my DW spent our first anniversary 14 yrs ago. And I hope in 5 years I'll be able to write about our fabulous 20 anniversary trip.

Thanks for sharing.

PS. Half strawberry daiquiri and half piña colada is called a Miami Vice.

"We went back into H&H and bellied up to the bar.  They had live music on this night, which was a Friday, so that was a nice touch.  We checked out the full dessert menu and settled on two."

We frequently belly up to the bar when we travel - in most hotels you can get most of the same food they serve in the restaurants, it's usually quicker (therefore hot) and frequently cheaper.  Often all we really want at the end of a day is a really good soup and maybe one or two light appetizers as opposed to a full meal.  

Not to mention there's often music, or even a bartender who can tell you what going on around the area.  Very useful in non-English speaking countries.  

Congratulations on your 20th - we're celebrating 46 this weekend.

Congrats on 46!  Go find a bar to belly up to.  

Look Dave, this is great and all, but now my wife is going to read this and since our NEXT anniversary is our 20th, it's going to be a bit hard to live up to this....

Seriously tho'  - late and caught up.  Looks like a great time was had by all.  I guess this was a Queen Pett....er, Pampering Party?!!

I do love beer..., and my wife....and beer...

Sorry Rob....and yes, definitely was a pampering party.  No comment on the petting.  LOL.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I am definitely taking note of that hotel and will keep it in mind if DH and I can ever sneak off again. It won't take much convincing for him if I show him all your beer pics.

Beer always wins.  

Great TR.

What a great way to celebrate

Happy anniversary.

I'm actually sitting out by the beach, in Maui, where me and my DW spent our first anniversary 14 yrs ago. And I hope in 5 years I'll be able to write about our fabulous 20 anniversary trip.

Thanks for sharing.

PS. Half strawberry daiquiri and half piña colada is called a Miami Vice.

They call it the Grande Lakes Colada.  

The real question is was your house still standing when you got home?

Thankfully yes!

Yes sir, yes you do lol. Well it was good while it lasted.

Yep.  That's for sure.

Late (last, I'm sure) to the party, but wanted to say great report and that I'm glad y'all got to have a great kid-free trip together.  As wonderful as it is to be with the kids, getting to just be together with the one you chose to marry so many years ago is an awesome thing.  

Hope your dad's health improves, or at least doesn't get worse.

Leslie

Did you tell us what you got INC for your Anniversary? Maybe I missed it?

Oh, no I didn't!  I forgot to go back to that.  

I got her a new diamond ring....basically a solitaire engagement ring.  When we got engaged we didn't have two nickles to rub together, so I got her what I could afford at Service Merchandise (if you remember that place).  I always wanted to get her a "nicer" ring, although she loves the actual engagement ring because of what it stands for, but I did want to get her a 2nd ring with a nicer diamond.  So that's what I did.  

I got her a new diamond ring....basically a solitaire engagement ring.  When we got engaged we didn't have two nickles to rub together, so I got her what I could afford at Service Merchandise (if you remember that place).  I always wanted to get her a "nicer" ring, although she loves the actual engagement ring because of what it stands for, but I did want to get her a 2nd ring with a nicer diamond.  So that's what I did.  

Cool! That's what I got for our 20th, but we traded in my original diamond. My first diamond came from "Golbro's" very similar to Service Merchandise :)

Oh, no I didn't! I forgot to go back to that.

I got her a new diamond ring....basically a solitaire engagement ring. When we got engaged we didn't have two nickles to rub together, so I got her what I could afford at Service Merchandise (if you remember that place). I always wanted to get her a "nicer" ring, although she loves the actual engagement ring because of what it stands for, but I did want to get her a 2nd ring with a nicer diamond. So that's what I did.

Very, very nice! What did she get you?

Too funny about Service Merchandise, I remember that place.

Nice!  I'm jealous.