New ticket offering starting tomorrow

LOL. 

The incompetent Passholder services department has gone into full damage control mode.

All of a sudden, out of the blue, I get an email today with my "October Passholder News."  I'm sure it's just a coincidence that I'm receiving this now, after not receiving any kind of news from them from January-September.

Anyway, they're going to have a Passholder Preview for the Osborne Lights from November 1-5:

passholder%20email.1_zpsy0z90vh6.jpg

Fantastic!

So, I clicked on the link to get more information.

That took me to the regular Osborne Lights page, which says nothing about any Passholder Preview.

Fail.

TCD

Received the same email.  Yes it wouldn't give Passholder days info but if you scroll down there is a link to Passholder  shirts for the Osborne lights.  Price is $27.95 and then there is a 10 per cent discount.  Check them out

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New ticket offering starting tomorrow,they're changing the annual passes from seasonal regular and premier to silver gold and platinum and gold and platinum now include photo pass digital can't find t

I will say in some facebook groups people are reporting seeing different pricing and verbage on signs at the ticket booths this evening. And FL Res with payment plans are saying they just renewed and

Info from the Disney website on annual passes for non-FL residents and non-DVC members:  https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/   Info on TIW:  http://tablesinwonderland.com/.  Price has gone up to

LOL.

The incompetent Passholder services department has gone into full damage control mode.

All of a sudden, out of the blue, I get an email today with my "October Passholder News." I'm sure it's just a coincidence that I'm receiving this now, after not receiving any kind of news from them from January-September.

Anyway, they're going to have a Passholder Preview for the Osborne Lights from November 1-5:

passholder%20email.1_zpsy0z90vh6.jpg

Fantastic!

So, I clicked on the link to get more information.

That took me to the regular Osborne Lights page, which says nothing about any Passholder Preview.

Fail.

TCD

Wow, I don't remember any AP previews in the year I was a pass holder.

I don't think I remember that email format either.

I keep looking on the Disney employment site for a "website content manager" position I can apply for, but somehow it never pops up!  :wacko:

We got this today too.

I am glad to hear that there's a passholder preview, as we're leaving 11/13 and were going to be cutting things close to at least get over there once or twice.

But I'm even more excited to see the Morimoto lunch discount!  I've been swamped all day and haven't had a chance to check that out yet.  What are the odds there's going to be some info when I click that link??

LOL.  Did you click the link?

I just did.

And I got an error message.

I would say amazing.  But, I'm not the least bit surprised.

How would that work... a passholder preview?  I mean, it's a wall of lights...how would they stop people from viewing this?  Would they actually kick everyone out of the park and then only let AP holders back in, just to see the lights?

A wall of lights?

You poor thing.

You don't know what you've been missing.

This is how Disney describes the Osborne lights:

Marvel at millions of glittering lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music.  Share in an awe-inspiring seasonal treat for the entire family. Brilliant multi-colored bulbs wrap the buildings, changing hues and brightness throughout the show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.   As joyful music surrounds you, a sea of twinkling lights form twirling carousels of heavenly angels, toy soldiers, a spinning Earth, and even Santa and his trusty reindeer. It’s something you have to see to believe!

While Disney often exaggerates, in this case they aren't.  The Osborne lights are truly something that need to be experienced to understand.

They could potentially rope the street area off while it's still light out and then only let passholders in later on when they turn the lights on.

The way the area is setup, other guests in the park could potentially still get a peak but wouldn't be able to see everything.

Have they done this before?

I don't recall there ever being a Passholder preview since the lights were moved to the Streets of America.  I have a vague recollection of going to a Passholder preview back in the day when it was just the Residential Street on the Backlot Tour that was decorated.

But I did attend a Castmember Preview last year.  They just blocked off access to that part of the park, and only let guests with the proper admission credentials in.  It isn't that hard of an area to block off- and it's something that the park CM's have experience with, as they close this area off at other times of the year when there are fireworks.

For this event, I'm not sure how they will handle it.  It may be one of those deals like when they had the Passholder Previews for New Fantasyland.  For that, they had a limited number of slots, and you had to pre-register.  You then had to check-in and get a wristband, and only guests with those wristbands were allowed in.  A lot of Passholders got excluded from that, and there were hard feelings.  I don't think they've done a preview on that scale since then.  This one is likely to be very popular, and is going to have to be restricted in some way.

Received the same email.  Yes it wouldn't give Passholder days info but if you scroll down there is a link to Passholder  shirts for the Osborne lights.  Price is $27.95 and then there is a 10 per cent discount.  Check them out

Some Beach.

I didn't see that box mentioning the t-shirts.  Here's the link: http://www.disneystore.com/mp/1387665/1000228/?CMP=EMC-WDWFY16Q1PHOCTENEWS0010A#longDesc

And here's what they look like:

Osborn%20T_zpszwmnw47v.jpg

I really like those!

So, I was going to jump right on this and order some for the whole family.

But, all sizes except adult mediums and large are out of stock already!

Dang it.

Wow, I don't remember any AP previews in the year I was a pass holder.

I don't think I remember that email format either.

Correct.

The Passholder Relations department has been suddenly revitalized.

Which I'm sure has nothing to do with the fact that Disney has jacked up the prices and is afraid of losing business.

Neither my wife or I got an email.

What did I tell you?

Classic.

How hard is it for them to make sure that all passholders get the danged emails?

We didn't either... but, our APs will not be activated until we get there this month so... maybe that's why.

Yup.

You're not passholders yet.

Not that actually becoming AP holders will change anything.

See above.

TCD

For this event, I'm not sure how they will handle it.  It may be one of those deals like when they had the Passholder Previews for New Fantasyland.  For that, they had a limited number of slots, and you had to pre-register.  You then had to check-in and get a wristband, and only guests with those wristbands were allowed in.  A lot of Passholders got excluded from that, and there were hard feelings.  I don't think they've done a preview on that scale since then.  This one is likely to be very popular, and is going to have to be restricted in some way.

Hmm... good point.  I'll have to actually pay attention in case this ends up working the same way.

Hmm... good point.  I'll have to actually pay attention in case this ends up working the same way.

And of course, this event is just a few weeks away, and we have no information about how it's going to work.

This could end up being another one of those deals where people get shut-out before they even know how to register.

The folks who work in Passholder Relations are on the level of the folks who manage the Fort.

TCD

I have no emails since I purchased my annual pass, I don't even have the printable coupon to bring with me to will call when I go in December, he'll when I paid off the remainder of the trip in December I didn't get an email acknowledgement of that payment.... I don't get any emails and I just spent $1200+

That and the pass holder site has never worked for me ever!

I have no emails since I purchased my annual pass, I don't even have the printable coupon to bring with me to will call when I go in December, he'll when I paid off the remainder of the trip in December I didn't get an email acknowledgement of that payment.... I don't get any emails and I just spent $1200+

That and the pass holder site has never worked for me ever!

Sounds about right.

But you re-upped after being neglected.

They like your kind.

They're counting on you to cough up more $$$ for the new passes without complaint.

TCD

We have been pass holders for 3 years now and never received any emails, were never notified of pass holder special events or discounts and my 7 year old son has been the only one who ever received a magnet and that was 2 years ago

We have been pass holders for 3 years now and never received any emails, were never notified of pass holder special events or discounts and my 7 year old son has been the only one who ever received a magnet and that was 2 years ago

That's pathetic.

You're a family of four.  Add your resort stays and the restaurants you have patronized, and how much is that you have spent at Disney?

And, they can't do a simple thing like ensure that every Passholder is provided with the same information?

BTW- those Passholder Exclusive Osborn Lights shirts we were discussing above are now all sold out.  In all sizes.  Did any Passholder receive any notice from Disney that they were even on sale?

It's a good thing Disney makes you confirm your email address every time you even THINK about Disney.  You would think they would use them every now and then. 

Good point.

EVERY TIME you call Disney for anything, they make you verify everything.  Sometimes more than once in the same phone call.

I get an email from Disney at least 4 times a week. They always wanting me to buy something.

Yeah.  Isn't it funny how emails that might bring in some extra cash have no problem reaching you?

TCD

I haven't picked through all this yet, but someone over at the Touring Plans Blog has broken out the spreadsheets to put together an analysis on the passholder price increases...

Breakeven Point for WDW Annual Passes

Now that the shock of the price increase on annual passes has set in, let’s look at the updated value of an annual pass. Besides the price, the biggest change to the annual pass is that Memory Maker photo downloads are now included. An advance purchase of Memory Maker currently costs $169. If you are a fan of Memory Maker, this is an awesome addition; if you’re not, it is just lipstick on a pig.

To keep things simple, I’m just going to compare the price of Magic Your Way tickets*, Memory Maker, and annual passes. Free parking, dining discounts, shopping discounts, and other benefits will be ignored in the calculations to keep things as simple as possible. (These are nice benefits, but they will end up being a small portion of your vacation budget.) To find the break-even point, we are going to look at how many trips would you have to take in order to make purchasing an annual pass less expensive than purchasing individual Magic Your Way tickets. Below are all the options for annual passes.

Full article with charts and graphs and whatnot...

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/10/08/breakeven-wdw-annual-passes/

So I thought I would investigate to see why I'm not getting any pass holder emails.

I checked on MDE ( a link sent me there) and my email is set up as the preferred method of communication, and I'm set up to get emails about offers, sales, etc.

Most of the links I tried to go to gave me HTTP 400 error..... This webpage cannot be found.

Go it for passholder extras, special events, FL resident passholders.

What a wonderful system.

So I thought I would investigate to see why I'm not getting any pass holder emails.

I checked on MDE ( a link sent me there) and my email is set up as the preferred method of communication, and I'm set up to get emails about offers, sales, etc.

Most of the links I tried to go to gave me HTTP 400 error..... This webpage cannot be found.

Go it for passholder extras, special events, FL resident passholders.

What a wonderful system.

Yup.

Nothing new.

It's been that way for years.

They just want our money.

And to give as little back as possible in return.

Just like Walt always said to do.

TCD

I haven't picked through all this yet, but someone over at the Touring Plans Blog has broken out the spreadsheets to put together an analysis on the passholder price increases...

Full article with charts and graphs and whatnot...

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/10/08/breakeven-wdw-annual-passes/

My coffee must not be working today. That breakdown was about as clear as mud.  

My coffee must not be working today. That breakdown was about as clear as mud.  

According to an article I read in our local paper, our FL. Resident Seasonal Passes are now converting to Silver with a price increase on each one of $60.

But we will be getting "free" parking for our $120 increase, which we will recoup after 6 visits. 

But we never park in the lots so it won't really help us that much.

Does any fiend have one of these?

This pass allows a guest unlimited admission to all Disney theme parks and waterparks in both California and Florida.  Premier Passport holders will also receive free parking and subscriptions to both the Disney World and Disneyland passholder newsletters.

Premier Passport owners are allowed unlimited admission (with park hopping privileges where applicable) to:

• Magic Kingdom
  • Epcot
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Typhoon Lagoon
  • Blizzard Beach
  • DisneyQuest
  • ESPN Wide World of Sports
  • Disneyland Park
  • Disney California Adventure
  • Oak Trail Golf Course (complimentary greens fees)

An article I read said that the price went up almost $400

This pass allows a guest unlimited admission to all Disney theme parks and waterparks in both California and Florida.  Premier Passport holders will also receive free parking and subscriptions to both the Disney World and Disneyland passholder newsletters.

Premier Passport owners are allowed unlimited admission (with park hopping privileges where applicable) to:

• Magic Kingdom
  • Epcot
  • Typhoon Lagoon
  • Blizzard Beach
  • DisneyQuest
  • Disneyland Park

I believe Carol has that pass from her DL trip

• Magic Kingdom
  • Epcot
  • Typhoon Lagoon
  • Blizzard Beach
  • DisneyQuest
  • Disneyland Park

I believe Carol has that pass from her DL trip

Yes we did have that pass last year. They are expired now. We got them Sept 20th of 2014, and after the "price bridge" from Undercover Tourist tickets, we paid about $970 a piece for ours. We probably had 30+ days or more at WDW on them and 8 days at DL. We got ours just in time. No way could I justify them at the current price point. At the old price point, a regular WDW AP and 5-day tickets at DL were only about $50 less than a Premier Pass. With the discounts at DL, we more than broke even.