It's Hot, Hot, HOT!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This tiger was asleep on its back and suddenly woke up and looked directly at me!

I've been coming by both of your sites but haven't been able to catch either of you at home.  Maybe one day soon!

Storm last night was a big one, but my trusty old Coleman Bayside Pop-up handled it with style...I just love the sound of rain on the canvas! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tuesday, 10/4:

A bittersweet day.  David closed all the awnings, packed away the outside chairs, etc.  Everything we didn't want to take home wet.  Went to MK for a few hours and came back to the Fort to do more packing.  We had 2:30 reservations for lunch at '50s Prime Time, so we headed over there.  And it started raining.  Not just raining, POURING!  It was so bad we couldn't get out of the car.  We sat there for awhile, and it didn't let up.  So I called and cancelled our lunch reservations.  I explained to the Disney person that we were sitting in the DHS parking lot, but I have to use an ECV and it was raining so hard we couldn't get out of the car and unload it.  She was really nice and said under the circumstances she would drop the cancellation fee.  Yea!

We had found watches we really liked at MouseGears, but they were out of the ladies' version.  They told us a shop at the Grand Floridian had them in stock.  So we drove to GF, unloaded my ECV under the canopy (they have a fancy name for it, but I don't remember what it is), and had the valet park the car.  Deluge avoided.

Had lunch at Gasparilla Island Grill, another first.  Then bought our watches (thank you, Disney, for the 20% AP discount!)  David returned the rental car to Alamo and met me at MK for one last ride and a tearful goodbye.

What was our last ride, you ask ...

14502805_10211038486623982_1108794801617374358_n.jpg?oh=72e77d9eca340d158dee205c7482bea4&oe=5865F3B2

Yes, I cheated.  I'm tired of trying to get a good shot of this scene.  I used my flash.

We came back to the Fort, went looping for awhile, and returned to Dolly to start cleaning and preparing to leave in the morning.

Getting ready to leave. By the time we get the golf cart loaded and tied down, it will probably be 10:15 or so before we are on the road.  Not too concerned about 95.  Beckers' DH has reported so far so good.  But he is several hours north of us by now.

The big question is 26.  That stretch of interstate is a real pain even on a good day.  With much of the coast being evacuated, 26 eastbound will probably be reversed this afternoon.

And then there's the Atlanta route.  It will add 100 miles to our trip.

What to do, what to do.  Shutting down computer and packing it away now.

5 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We are on 75 heading toward Atlanta.  Will  be a long day.

I think that might be the best route. The 100 miles might add a couple hours but I bet that will be faster than waiting in traffic on 95 and\or 26.

47 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We are home.  750 mile trip going through Atlanta.  Not happy to be home but happy the ride is over.

Now I'm off to the doctor to see if I broke my foot last night when the door of the moho refrigerator fell on it.

glad you made it home safely! Uh oh on your foot!  Hoping it's not broken!

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Thank you all for your well wishes.  Xrays didn't show any obvious fractures, but my doctor suspects a stress fracture.  I have to see an orthopedist tomorrow.

Ugh... so sorry to hear that Gwen!  Hope you heal quickly!!

19 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Ugh... so sorry to hear that Gwen!  Hope you heal quickly!!

15 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Glad it's not broke but sad that your in pain and discomfort. 

15 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

What Kristie said.^^

Just got back from the orthopedist.  He feels sure I do have a fracture that's not showing up on the x-rays.  The only way to confirm it is with an MRI, and it's not worth the expense. So the first of the week when some of the swelling subsides I have to get either a cast or a boot on it.  Right now I'm using ice packs and a walker.  

43 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Just got back from the orthopedist.  He feels sure I do have a fracture that's not showing up on the x-rays.  The only way to confirm it is with an MRI, and it's not worth the expense. So the first of the week when some of the swelling subsides I have to get either a cast or a boot on it.  Right now I'm using ice packs and a walker.  

Wal Mart has the non freezing gel packs for a little over $2, and Dollar Tree has smaller ones for $1.

I found the Wal Mart ones before my tendon operation since I didn't want to pay $9 apiece from Walgreens.

I rotate two of then on my incision site when my arm starts swelling.

9 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Wal Mart has the non freezing gel packs for a little over $2, and Dollar Tree has smaller ones for $1.

I found the Wal Mart ones before my tendon operation since I didn't want to pay $9 apiece from Walgreens.

I rotate two of then on my incision site when my arm starts swelling.

I was cheap.  Bought a pack of frozen green peas.