H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

I missed out on this MIA fiends/Tree of Shame thing...what's that all about?

There used to be a MIA tree where we would put pics of people who could not attend a GG in person, but wanted to be "there." I think we may reinstate that for Halloween.

I'm loving all your pics! You guys look like you had so much fun! I'm not sure I remember what it was like before DD - but I sure do enjoy experiencing it with her now! She is a fan of that Settlement playground too.

Sorry for the multiple entries. This tiny netbook is driving me crazy where the mouse pad is located.

Your pics at EPCOT from the monorail are my favorite (I think Doodle, TCD, and rm have already called them out). Its a neat perspective that I don't remeber seeing.

GREAT Job!

There used to be a MIA tree where we would put pics of people who could not attend a GG in person, but wanted to be "there." I think we may reinstate that for Halloween.

That sounds like a neat thing to do! I hope Kim is at the Halloween GG and not her picture.

It occurred to us that we hadn’t yet met a certain fiend yet so we sped on over to the 1500 loop hoping that we could catch him. Right there in the very first site I spotted a familiar face! A TCD twin! What a darling! Really, I’m serious. Very sweet girl! She pointed toward Meadows and said that her dad was right up there at the footbridge talking to someone.

As we pulled up to the footbridge we quickly realized that TCD was there chatting with the Devores, whom we‘d already met. Wonderful family! It was like a mini gathering right there in the street. Very super nice folks! Great to meet you Andrew! Some of you already know that TCD was coming from the pool. Yes, Mrs. Devore and I had a chat with TCD while he was in his swimsuit. Eat your hearts out ladies.

All good things must come to an end and it was time to be moving on… the little KFNatives were getting restless. So we thanked Andrew for our spikes, said our goodbyes and hit the FW Trail.. Actually Big Pine Way, but you get the idea. ;)

Hey Kim-

Great update.

It was great to finally meet you and your men. I hope we can visit longer the next time we meet up.

I am looking forward to your fireworks pics!

TCD

I'm loving all your pics! You guys look like you had so much fun! I'm not sure I remember what it was like before DD - but I sure do enjoy experiencing it with her now! She is a fan of that Settlement playground too.

Thanks Beth! We really did have a great time. I don't remember what it was like pre-kids either but I am definitely PRO-kids at the Fort.

I'm glad I finally got caught up on this outstanding TR. I've been slacking off.

Thanks Caveat! I totally understand. There have been a lot of great TR's out there and I am trying to catch up on all them too.

Your TR's are less like reports and more like pictorial art. How you remember to capture everything, then later sequence and caption the entries is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

What a nice thing to say! Thank you very much. It's not so much that I remember to photograph everything, it's just that I have a camera permanently attached to my hand. LOL!

Sorry for the multiple entries. This tiny netbook is driving me crazy where the mouse pad is located.

Your pics at EPCOT from the monorail are my favorite (I think Doodle, TCD, and rm have already called them out). Its a neat perspective that I don't remeber seeing.

GREAT Job!

No need to be sorry. Feel free to post as many times as you like. Tiny keypads are a pain in the but aren't they?

H actually took the Epcot photos from the monorail. I agree that he did a great job thinking to snap those shots! We have so many photos of WDW that we now try to get "different" persepectives than the usual ones. Although we still take the obvious shots too.

That sounds like a neat thing to do! I hope Kim is at the Halloween GG and not her picture.

I wish we could be there Rita, but sadly we won't make it this time. Please dont forget to nail my pic to the MIA tree. :(

This is what I thought of when I saw that photo.

Checkers1.jpg

Very cute!!! You are a photoshop genius Lou!

X2!

:)

Hey Kim-

Great update.

It was great to finally meet you and your men. I hope we can visit longer the next time we meet up.

I am looking forward to your fireworks pics!

TCD

It was great finally meeting you too! We'll definitely have to make sure we have a longer visit in the future.

Fireworks coming right up!

DAY 8 JULY 4 continued…

Sorry this TR is taking me so long. Those of you who have met me understand why… :rofl2:

We spent the majority of the day enjoying family time at the Fort but now my parents have arrived and we are good and ready to meet up with them at MK. They had already been in the park for most of their day so unfortunately dad and bro pooped out early but, in true KFM style, mom soldiered on and met us for a few attractions and to watch the 4th Fireworks. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will keep her from seeing the grandkids on her first day at WDW! Most of you already know that KFM rocks! Bigtime!

Making our way up Mainstreet, USA

100_8762.jpg

While we were walking up Mainstreet I was trying to get lil H to stand in front of the CM with the big bunch of balloons that cost a thousand dollars each….

100_1879.jpg

Then something magical happened…..

Tony, a wonderful CM, said “I’ll let him hold the balloons and pose for a pic!” What!? Really?! Cool!

Yet another sprinkling of pixie dust for lil H! He’s a great kid and an even better big brother to Gabe so he really deserves a little extra attention sometimes. :heart:

100_1881.jpg

100_1882.jpg

Of course first on the agenda is our EWTOT…

In no particular order here are a few pics.

Our new favorite hideaway for a rest and a snack.

100_8772.jpg

H getting geared up for the Tomorrowland Speedway or as it’s been known in our family going back to when my bro was a tot, “green light to go”. LOL!

100_8775.jpg

Gabe still has a little jelly on his face from his PBJ uncrustable. (We bring our own) ;)

100_8768.jpg

Race time!

100_8779.jpg

Buzz and COP

100_1897.jpg

100_1898.jpg

100_1899.jpg

With our EWTOT complete it’s getting about time to find KFM and land a spot for the fireworks. Thanks to technology we were able to reach her on her cell and chose a meeting place.

After we found her we still had a little extra time before actually having to get a spot for the fireworks so we found a comfy curb to sit and wait until it was time. Mom thought it would be a great idea to get Gabe to mimick silly faces. Before it was over with we were all joining in. I’m sure the guests around us thought we were nuts. LOL! ( I will not be sharing my silly face photo. There’s one out there already that I’m not going to live down anytime soon.) ;)

100_8789.jpg

100_8791.jpg

Scenery from the curb.

100_8798.jpg

We were noticing that people were starting to gather in the streets and did likewise…

H, KFM, and the boys.

100_1912.jpg

100_1913.jpg

Getting dark..

100_8803.jpg

Crowd pic.

100_1915.jpg

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

8-15-2011_031.jpg

8-15-2011_026.jpg

8-15-2011_007.jpg

8-15-2011_032.jpg

8-15-2011_034.jpg

8-15-2011_035.jpg

8-15-2011_039.jpg

100E2248.jpg

100E2250.jpg

100E2251.jpg

100E2252.jpg

100E2253.jpg

If you ever have a chance to see the Fireworks on Fourth of July… DON’T MISS IT!!!

These photos don’t even come close to doing them justice. I don’t even have the words to describe out beautiful and inspiring this display is.

Thank you to our servicemen/women and to all our veterans for your great sacrifice and…

God Bless America!

Holy Crowd Bat Women!! I was smiling from the silly face pictures.. my little troop happens to LOVE taking silly face pictures to pass the time.. and then saw that pic and my mouth just fell open... It would appear that it's wall to wall people.. We are contemplating doing the 4th next year, assuming we get a TT or pop up or something besides the tent (to hot in July!!) I'll be hiding this post from my DH, the crowd pic will scare him away.. :rofl2:

Great update KFK!

Let's see if I can remember all of my comments:

1. I like how the whole KFK gang has on patriotic gear for the 4th of July at the MK. (Even KFK mom!).

2. Although the logo on H's hat looks like a Superman logo to me, I assume it is a SC logo of some type, right?

3. I like how Tony let Little H hold the balloons, but that he wasn't quite trusting enough to let go. I don't blame him. What if that bunch of balloons got loose, or Little H went flying away?

4. Love the face making session! But a big cluck cluck, complete with wing flapping to you for not posting your face making photos!

5. Great fireworks pics!

6. God Bless America!

and

7. Do not apologize for taking your time writing this trip report. You are working on the best trip report of 2011. These things take time!

Holy Crowd Bat Women!! I was smiling from the silly face pictures.. my little troop happens to LOVE taking silly face pictures to pass the time.. and then saw that pic and my mouth just fell open... It would appear that it's wall to wall people.. We are contemplating doing the 4th next year, assuming we get a TT or pop up or something besides the tent (to hot in July!!) I'll be hiding this post from my DH, the crowd pic will scare him away.. :rofl2:

The parks get berserk on holidays. When there are special fireworks, they beach at the Polynesian resort is a great place to view the fireworks and not feel like a sardine.

TCD

Seeing Gabe with that smile and jelly on his face just made me smile right along with him. Love the fireworks photos. I can promise you one thing though, I would never be at the MK on the 4th of July. Crowds, why do there have to be crowds :rofl2:

Also love the picture of lil H with the balloons. Awesome pixie dust :fairydust:

By the way I love the photo that you won't be living down anytime soon :heart:

Ok, I'm ready for more, hurry please I will have to clean the house in the meantimevacuuming.gif

Holy Crowd Bat Women!! I was smiling from the silly face pictures.. my little troop happens to LOVE taking silly face pictures to pass the time.. and then saw that pic and my mouth just fell open... It would appear that it's wall to wall people.. We are contemplating doing the 4th next year, assuming we get a TT or pop up or something besides the tent (to hot in July!!) I'll be hiding this post from my DH, the crowd pic will scare him away..

It's fun to make silly faces. :P

I agree that a tent in July at WDW might be a bit much. Good luck with getting a camper ! :)

Don't let the crowds scare you! I love being in the middle of the crowd for the fireworks. There's just something about everyone yelling and cheering all at the same time. Kids hanging onto their balloons, parents tearing up seeing it all through their little ones eyes for the first time. Pure magic.....

:suspense:

Not much longer.

Great update KFK!

Let's see if I can remember all of my comments:

1. I like how the whole KFK gang has on patriotic gear for the 4th of July at the MK. (Even KFK mom!).

2. Although the logo on H's hat looks like a Superman logo to me, I assume it is a SC logo of some type, right?

3. I like how Tony let Little H hold the balloons, but that he wasn't quite trusting enough to let go. I don't blame him. What if that bunch of balloons got loose, or Little H went flying away?

4. Love the face making session! But a big cluck cluck, complete with wing flapping to you for not posting your face making photos!

5. Great fireworks pics!

6. God Bless America!

and

7. Do not apologize for taking your time writing this trip report. You are working on the best trip report of 2011. These things take time!

The parks get berserk on holidays. When there are special fireworks, they beach at the Polynesian resort is a great place to view the fireworks and not feel like a sardine.

TCD

1. It's how we roll. We are all slightly patriotic. I'm not sure if it shows. haha.

2. You are correct. H's hat isn't of a superhero nature. It's definitely SC gear.

3. I don't blame Tony for hanging on to the balloons either. Lil H may still be floating over Cinderella Castle if he'd let go.

4. Nobody calls me chicken and gets away with it! So there! You asked for it!

Let that be a lesson to you!

100_8787.jpg

To further prove that I’m not yeller… Here’s a crazy face pic of H. He’s gonna kill me for this one! :rofl2:

IMG_20110629_191058.jpg

5. Thank you. WDW fireworks are pure magic. I only wish the photos did them justice.

6. Yes. God Bless America

Seeing Gabe with that smile and jelly on his face just made me smile right along with him. Love the fireworks photos. I can promise you one thing though, I would never be at the MK on the 4th of July. Crowds, why do there have to be crowds :rofl2:

Ok, I'm ready for more, hurry please I will have to clean the house in the meantimevacuuming.gif

I am pro-crowd during shows and fireworks. I like the energy of the crowd. However, I am anti-long crowded lines. I know, I know, I'm asking wayyy to much to have it both ways. :rofl2:

Did u get the house clean?

oh yes, I meant to ask, so how much IS one of those thousand dollar balloons as KFK calls them? :rofl2:

I have never bought a disney balloon.. *doing the walk of shame*

You don't have to do the walk of shame. You can do the walk of *Yay! I still have $20 in my pocket*

Ok, so they aren't REALLY a thousand dollars. Still 20 bucks for 2 balloons was quite a shock. It always helps to do a price check before making a promise. :rofl2:

In all fairness the balloons lasted a very long time. Not that that's a GOOD thing! :rofl2:

I WOULD LIKE TO TELL EVERYONE THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING ALONG AND FOR THE COMMENTS.

ANOTHER INSTALLMENT COMING UP MOMENTARILY.

Day 9 July 5

Usually about this time in our trip H or I will say, “I can’t believe our trip is half over.” Then the other one will say, “ I know, me either. Aren’t we blessed that we’ve been here a week and still have a week left?” This year was no different. It is always hard to believe how fast the time goes when it’s filled with magic. Since we may be skipping a year *GASP*, we were especially nostalgic and feeling grateful that we’ve been able to take our kids every year up to this point. We try to never take our blessings for granted. J

Mom, Dad and Bro were here until July 10 so we were trying to spend some time with them each day. The penalty of denying them Lil H and Gabe time at WDW is far to harsh to take any chances. :rofl2:

The next park on the itenerary is Epcot. Apparently we’d just missed an Epcot bus so we had a little time to kill while we waited.

Here is Lil H examining the map. He wants to be an archaeologist so maps are of great interest to my little guy.

100_8822.jpg

Our view of the Outpost from the bus stop.

100_8823.jpg

The boys waiting patiently.

100_8824.jpg

Since the boys were waiting patiently and we still had a little time…. I thought it would be nice to walk over to the TCD Ranch. Normally, I don’t go over there due to time and wresting kids but it looks like things are going my way at the moment.

100_1917.jpg

100_1918.jpg

100_1919.jpg

100_1920.jpg

100_1921.jpg

100_1922.jpg

View of the bus stop from the Ranch.

100_1924.jpg

I’m going to emphasize here that Gabe LOVES Nemo and Friends. Not just a little bit. A LOT! If we let him he would literally stay in there all day staring into the aquariums. That is why this is always our first attraction of Epcot. Everytime.

Here is an example of Gabe staring into the aquarium.

100_8826.jpg

100_8869.jpg

There were 3 scuba divers cleaning the reefs. Here’s one of them.

100_1927.jpg

The boys still enjoy Journey into Imagination and the fact that there is NEVER a crowd is a bonus.

100_1961.jpg

100_1959.jpg

P7053062.jpg

Gabe enjoying one of his favorite activities.

100_8865.jpg

Lil H making his own Figment.

100_1971.jpg

“One little spark can light your fancy… One little spark can make your fancy fly..” :rofl2:

I don’t know why that little song cracks me up so much. Yes, I do.. I’m so juvenile. LOL!

Disclaimer: I know that we did some attractions twice but the photos aren’t really uploaded in order and I can’t remember so from here on out may be sort of random but I’ll try to at least keep related photos together. No promises though. ;)

I love MK, it’s my fave, but I have to admit that I think Epcot is absolutely beautiful.

100_8860-1.jpg

Wouldn’t it be great if the monorail went through the middle of Magic Kingdom?

100_8829.jpg

After lunch at the Electric Umbrella (a must do for my bro) we were off to Mars! Mission Space is one of Lil H’s favorites at Epcot.

100_8837.jpg

The Moon Buggy

P7053039.jpg

100_8839.jpg

Lil H has been wanting one of these since last year. This was his lucky year.

P7053041.jpg

silly face

100_8845.jpg

Epcot scenery. I wish we’d had more blue sky days for pictures. Oh well.

100_1935.jpg

100_1936.jpg

100_1942.jpg

100_1954.jpg

Well, I do believe I’ve come very close to the photo limit so I’ll stop here for now. I should be able to get the rest posted tonight since there aren’t that many more photos from today.

Loving the report Kim! You got some really great pictures! $10 for a balloon? Holy cow! Gabriella never wanted a balloon so I guess with interest on the money saved that should just about cover her tuition this year. Thanks Kim I needed a pick me up today :banana:

I am also so glad we got to meet :heart: I am not sure if we will make it to Halloween this year or not. Her schedule came out and for her to miss 2 days is a lot. Sometimes being responsible just stinks. :angry: Why oh why can' t Halloween be on the last Saturday of October each year? Seriously, it is a kid holiday most kids go to school that don't see Halloween as the important holiday it is. Or in my daughters' case discourage it to the point of fear. does this mean we are anti-anti-Halloween? Kim will know the answer to any anti or pro question :)

Will there be a member of your troop as Indiana Jones this year? And another that will be dressed up as a gamecocks fan?

Another great update :banana: I have a confession I have never been on Mission Space. Actually I have never even been in the gift shop. Just thinking about that attraction makes me dizzy. Yes I am a wimp and proud of it. So was lil H the mission commander? Good for him. It appears he had a successful voyage and you were all returned safely. :))

I am pro balloon but only real balloons, no mylar :blink:

I'm ready for the next installment :popcorn:

Another great update!

My comments, as per usual:

1. Love the shot of the Reception Outpost! I don't think I've ever taken a shot from that perspective.

2. Love all the photos of the TCD ranch. I wonder if the rumored changes will have begun by the time of your next visit?

3. Love the photo of Gabe at the aquarium. And, I notice he is clutching his bus. You weren't kidding that it was a hit with him.

4. Love the Tron-a-rail photo!

So, you're half way through your trip.

That means that there is still a lot more trip report to come!

TCD

Loving the report Kim! You got some really great pictures! $10 for a balloon? Holy cow! Gabriella never wanted a balloon so I guess with interest on the money saved that should just about cover her tuition this year. Thanks Kim I needed a pick me up today :banana:

I am also so glad we got to meet :heart: I am not sure if we will make it to Halloween this year or not. Her schedule came out and for her to miss 2 days is a lot. Sometimes being responsible just stinks. :angry: Why oh why can' t Halloween be on the last Saturday of October each year? Seriously, it is a kid holiday most kids go to school that don't see Halloween as the important holiday it is. Or in my daughters' case discourage it to the point of fear. does this mean we are anti-anti-Halloween? Kim will know the answer to any anti or pro question :)

Will there be a member of your troop as Indiana Jones this year? And another that will be dressed up as a gamecocks fan?

Thanks Ally! I appreciate that! Glad to "pick you up". We all need one of those every now and then. ;)

Holy cow is right! I nearly choked. H's reaction was worse than mine. :rofl2: At least lil H didn't want one this year. Whew!

I agree about Halloween. I wish it were on Saturday too. And I also agree that sometimes responsibility stinks. It would be much more fun to skip school and go trick or treating at the Fort on Halloween whether you can afford it or not. Then collect enough candy to give you a three day bellyache. *Sigh* I wish I could be there on Halloween but unfortunately that time and money thing is cramping my style. ;)

I am anti-anti halloween. Sounds good to me because you're not only pro-halloween, you're against being -anti halloween. The latter makes a much stronger statement. :rofl2:

I'm glad I met you too. :heart: I truly did enjoy our time together. :)