H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Another great update :banana: I have a confession I have never been on Mission Space. Actually I have never even been in the gift shop. Just thinking about that attraction makes me dizzy. Yes I am a wimp and proud of it. So was lil H the mission commander? Good for him. It appears he had a successful voyage and you were all returned safely. :))

I am pro balloon but only real balloons, no mylar :blink:

I'm ready for the next installment :popcorn:

We only ride the "mild" one. I did ride the original "full force" one ...... once. It was fun but left me not feeling my best for a while. I do love coasters but this one'll do a number on you!

I'm pro-balloon but very anti-getting ripped off for one.

Next installment soon. Hopefully this evening. School started yesterday and we have open house at lil H's school tonite. Maybe after we get home. :)

Another great update!

My comments, as per usual:

1. Love the shot of the Reception Outpost! I don't think I've ever taken a shot from that perspective.

2. Love all the photos of the TCD ranch. I wonder if the rumored changes will have begun by the time of your next visit?

3. Love the photo of Gabe at the aquarium. And, I notice he is clutching his bus. You weren't kidding that it was a hit with him.

4. Love the Tron-a-rail photo!

So, you're half way through your trip.

That means that there is still a lot more trip report to come!

TCD

Thanks TCD.

1. I've never taken a pic from that perspective before either. In fact I don't usually think to take photos while waiting for a bus. We ususally have everything packed in our bag so we're not scrambling when the bus arrives.

2. I hope not. On my FW bike tour of a lifetime (coming up later) I spent a lot of time at the TCD Farm and got a little misty. I don't want it to change.

3. Indeed the bus was a hit. Lou is the man! He gave lil H a bus too and he loves it but isn't quite as obsessive as Gabe.

4. Thanks. I really like the Tron-a-rail. Last year it was our first monorail ride of the trip.

We're half-way through the trip but I should be able to cover most remaining days in one installment. (I don't want to be redundant) so we may be more than halfway through the report. However, there's always the risk that I could hit a chatty spell. Time will tell. :rofl:

Another awesome update! I'm with Gabe on the Nemo thing, those birds out front and the aquariums held my attention long past that of my children.. my oldest son still teases me about it, he said "mom, don't get overly excited next trip on nemo.. it's weird.. think of the kids mom..." :rofl2: from the mouth of babes..

Another awesome update! I'm with Gabe on the Nemo thing, those birds out front and the aquariums held my attention long past that of my children.. my oldest son still teases me about it, he said "mom, don't get overly excited next trip on nemo.. it's weird.. think of the kids mom..." :rofl2: from the mouth of babes..

LMBO!!!! :rofl2:

Don't tell anyone but I love that attraction too... from the clamshell ride to the gift shop. I love it all and if it weren't for the H's dragging us out I'd stay right there with Gabe. ;)

Thanks Judy!

Kim you have a ton of great pics in this TR. Those balloon pics reminded me of the $15 lightup ones my kids wanted last Halloween. Of course I promised to buy them before I knew the price. :argh:

At the rate this TR is going we'll have new pics to look at until we head down there in October.

Here is an example of Gabe staring into the aquarium.

100_8826.jpg

Great pics in this report Kim, but this one.... :heart: I love how you can see Gabe's eyes in the reflection of the tank.(A shame that there are 2, uh, buoys also in the reflection ::) )

Two thumbs up for the Gabe pic.113.gif

Great pics in this report Kim, but this one.... I love how you can see Gabe's eyes in the reflection of the tank.

Stef, when you pointed out the reflection of Gabe's eyes, I really couldn't see much on my screen. I was curious, so I ran it through Photoshop to see what else was there and look what I found. A lot more than just his eyes. And is that Kim behind him?

That shot is begging for Nemo to be on the other side of that glass.

100_8826.jpg

Sorry Kim....slight detour here:

So Lisa, are we getting together for donuts??? What day are you passing through?

One last detour...

You betcha! We'd love to. We should be in your neck of the woods on Saturday (the 27th). I'll send you a message on FB so we don't keep hijacking Kim's wonderful trip report.

Great pics in this report Kim, but this one.... :heart: I love how you can see Gabe's eyes in the reflection of the tank.(A shame that there are 2, uh, buoys also in the reflection ::) )

Agreed! It is a great pic of him and his little bus is there too....

What a great TR you have going, Kim! I'm just getting caught up. Back to work and all. Ugh.

Your Epcot pics are stunning, really! I hope you choose some to print and frame in your house.

And I am pro-silly faces while you're waiting! It's one of those must-do things, IMHO. LOL! TTYL! I need more acronyms...

Kim you have a ton of great pics in this TR. Those balloon pics reminded me of the $15 lightup ones my kids wanted last Halloween. Of course I promised to buy them before I knew the price. :argh:

At the rate this TR is going we'll have new pics to look at until we head down there in October.

Thanks Steve! We've fallen victim to the promise before price check tactic too! I'm surprised the light up ones aren't at least $30!

I certainly hope to be finished before October! LOL! If not you'll have something to occupy your time while you count down the days till your trip. haha! Or... are you trying to tell me to hurry up and get done already!?

ROFL! I didn't notice my reflection. I hang my head in shame. It's just one humiliation after another. ;)

Stef, when you pointed out the reflection of Gabe's eyes, I really couldn't see much on my screen. I was curious, so I ran it through Photoshop to see what else was there and look what I found. A lot more than just his eyes. And is that Kim behind him?

That shot is begging for Nemo to be on the other side of that glass.

100_8826.jpg

You could always hide my reflection behind a giant Bruce or a school of silverfish. Yes, sadly, that IS me.

Not sure if it's KFK, but I did point out the buoys! :)) Cant you photoshop the buoys out, and nemo in? :banana:

So Stef.. are you saying you're anti-buoy?

Yup that's Kim. Glad to see she brought personal flotation devices with her to the Living Seas. She is prepared for anything :rofl2: :heart:

You can never be too careful. Safety first.

One last detour...

You betcha! We'd love to. We should be in your neck of the woods on Saturday (the 27th). I'll send you a message on FB so we don't keep hijacking Kim's wonderful trip report.

Hijacks and detours are welcome here. Especially when donuts are involved.

Agreed! It is a great pic of him and his little bus is there too....

Thanks. He's my sweetie. I don't think the put the bus down for the entire trip.

What a great TR you have going, Kim! I'm just getting caught up. Back to work and all. Ugh.

Your Epcot pics are stunning, really! I hope you choose some to print and frame in your house.

And I am pro-silly faces while you're waiting! It's one of those must-do things, IMHO. LOL! TTYL! I need more acronyms...

Thanks Beth! Yes, Ugh to going back to work. In fact, I'm going to add another Ugh for good measure.

I didn't think of framing any of the photos. Great idea!

We are pro-silly faces even when we're not waiting. Gabe and I like to stand in front of the bathroom mirror and make faces. He squeals with laughter. I love that.

Ack! You'd think I'd learn not to "just pop in real quick" to FF before starting work -- I end up spending my precious quiet-early-morning hours reading great TRs like this! Glad I finally got caught up on this, though -- great photos, great story...on the up side, now when I do start working, I'm going to have a big, happy smile stuck to my face. Super, super TR!

LOVE G and his little bus, curled in his hand, at the aquarium photo. My own little G used to have a Percy the train (from Thomas) that he clutched like that, too. [Oh, the horror, the day he left it in one of those little car-shaped shopping carts! I almost had heart palpitations racing back over to see if it was still there! (It was.)] That's such a sweet photo.

Ack! You'd think I'd learn not to "just pop in real quick" to FF before starting work -- I end up spending my precious quiet-early-morning hours reading great TRs like this! Glad I finally got caught up on this, though -- great photos, great story...on the up side, now when I do start working, I'm going to have a big, happy smile stuck to my face. Super, super TR!

LOVE G and his little bus, curled in his hand, at the aquarium photo. My own little G used to have a Percy the train (from Thomas) that he clutched like that, too. [Oh, the horror, the day he left it in one of those little car-shaped shopping carts! I almost had heart palpitations racing back over to see if it was still there! (It was.)] That's such a sweet photo.

:rofl2: I'm the same way. I tell H "I'm just gonna be a minute." Thanks for joining in Polkadot!

G went through a Thomas phase too. Oh the horror when they misplace those little toys! It's pandamonium!!! I've had my share of heart palpitations too! LOL!

Repeat post!

It was a good post. It deserved to be repeated. ;)

Gabe1a.jpg

Lou, once again... I LOVE IT! I'm going to have to start a scrapbook of your handiwork! I think I'm actually going to print and frame them. H still loves the Jedi one from last year. Sometimes he holds it while he watches Star Wars. :)

:rofl2: I'm the same way. I tell H "I'm just gonna be a minute." Thanks for joining in Polkadot!

G went through a Thomas phase too. Oh the horror when they misplace those little toys! It's pandamonium!!! I've had my share of heart palpitations too! LOL!

Repeat post!

It was a good post. It deserved to be repeated. ;)

Gabe1a.jpg

Lou, once again... I LOVE IT! I'm going to have to start a scrapbook of your handiwork! I think I'm actually going to print and frame them. H still loves the Jedi one from last year. Sometimes he holds it while he watches Star Wars. :)

Day 9 July 5 continued…

As I said when I left off on the last update, there aren’t many photos left from Day 9 so this will be brief. There are gazillions from the rest of the trip though. Steve needs something to keep him busy until Halloween. :rofl2:

Remember I said that these photos may or may not be in order? That statement still applies.

I don’t know how things operate for ya’ll, but, H has a compulsion to have a photo here everytime we exit Nemo and friends. I’m not kidding.

P7053070.jpg

Hydro.. whatever. Livin’ With The Land. Relaxin’ ride. Anytime we can sit in the a/c with calm kids is a good thing. ;)

100_8830.jpg

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck….

100_8848.jpg

Hola!

100_1944.jpg

100_1945.jpg

We’re three caballeros, we’re three caballeros… they say we are birds of a feather… (chirp, chirp, chirp)! We’re three happy chappies with snappy sarape’s. You’ll find us underneath our sombreros.

Can you tell I’ve heard this song a time or two. H sang it for nearly a year then when he finally stopped….

Gabe started. LOL! We have the DVD. Good thing H and I like it too huh?

100_8851.jpg

100_8853.jpg

100_8854.jpg

More sombrero pics! You can’t take the boat ride, sing along with the song, admire the items in the market place while listening to the mariachi band and NOT take a sombrero pic. It wouldn’t be fittin’.

P7053045.jpg

P7053044.jpg

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki… tiki room. Psych! Not really. Still in Mexico.

P7053048.jpg

San Angel Restaurant and the pyramid. We like eating there but then wonder.. why did we eat Mexican? We can get that at home. LOL.

P7053049.jpg

P7053050.jpg

We should have taken a family photo here. I love this fountain. In fact, I love this entire pavilion.

P7053051.jpg

Before leaving Mexico the boys suckered their nana into buying them a lollipop. She got away with getting them the $2.00 ones, unlike us, who got stuck with the $4.00 ones.

P7053052.jpg

P7053053.jpg

I do remember that after leaving Mexico my parents and bro were ready to call it a day. So we headed back toward future world. On the way we stopped to admire the Mater and Lightning McQueen shrubbery display. Aren’t the WDW plant people amazing?

100_8857.jpg

I’m pretty sure at this point that we went back to Nemo and/or Imagination and were also ready to call it day. In true kid form, however, lil H wanted to do “just one more thing” before we left (we always wanted to do just one more thing too). That one more thing was Spaceship Earth. We immediately realized the implications of this. We would not be doing “just one more thing” and then leaving. Riding Spaceship Earth means that you are dumped out in a huge room with thousands of activities that lure your kids like the pied piper. Fortunately we got away with just letting them play Super Driver. (spotting the lucky one of a kind WDW bus on day 1 was working for us)

P7053072.jpg

P7053073.jpg

P7053077.jpg

One last scenery photo of the night.

P7053079.jpg

Apparently this update isn’t as brief as I promised. :rofl2:

Coming up: It’s Nah-tah-zoo!!!

Day 9 July 5 continued…

As I said when I left off on the last update, there aren’t many photos left from Day 9 so this will be brief. There are gazillions from the rest of the trip though. Steve needs something to keep him busy until Halloween. :rofl2:

Remember I said that these photos may or may not be in order? That statement still applies.

I don’t know how things operate for ya’ll, but, H has a compulsion to have a photo here everytime we exit Nemo and friends. I’m not kidding.

P7053070.jpg

Hydro.. whatever. Livin’ With The Land. Relaxin’ ride. Anytime we can sit in the a/c with calm kids is a good thing. ;)

100_8830.jpg

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck….

100_8848.jpg

Hola!

100_1944.jpg

100_1945.jpg

We’re three caballeros, we’re three caballeros… they say we are birds of a feather… (chirp, chirp, chirp)! We’re three happy chappies with snappy sarape’s. You’ll find us underneath our sombreros.

Can you tell I’ve heard this song a time or two. H sang it for nearly a year then when he finally stopped….

Gabe started. LOL! We have the DVD. Good thing H and I like it too huh?

100_8851.jpg

100_8853.jpg

100_8854.jpg

More sombrero pics! You can’t take the boat ride, sing along with the song, admire the items in the market place while listening to the mariachi band and NOT take a sombrero pic. It wouldn’t be fittin’.

P7053045.jpg

P7053044.jpg

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki… tiki room. Psych! Not really. Still in Mexico.

P7053048.jpg

San Angel Restaurant and the pyramid. We like eating there but then wonder.. why did we eat Mexican? We can get that at home. LOL.

P7053049.jpg

P7053050.jpg

We should have taken a family photo here. I love this fountain. In fact, I love this entire pavilion.

P7053051.jpg

Before leaving Mexico the boys suckered their nana into buying them a lollipop. She got away with getting them the $2.00 ones, unlike us, who got stuck with the $4.00 ones.

P7053052.jpg

P7053053.jpg

I do remember that after leaving Mexico my parents and bro were ready to call it a day. So we headed back toward future world. On the way we stopped to admire the Mater and Lightning McQueen shrubbery display. Aren’t the WDW plant people amazing?

100_8857.jpg

I’m pretty sure at this point that we went back to Nemo and/or Imagination and were also ready to call it day. In true kid form, however, lil H wanted to do “just one more thing” before we left (we always wanted to do just one more thing too). That one more thing was Spaceship Earth. We immediately realized the implications of this. We would not be doing “just one more thing” and then leaving. Riding Spaceship Earth means that you are dumped out in a huge room with thousands of activities that lure your kids like the pied piper. Fortunately we got away with just letting them play Super Driver. (spotting the lucky one of a kind WDW bus on day 1 was working for us)

P7053072.jpg

P7053073.jpg

P7053077.jpg

One last scenery photo of the night.

P7053079.jpg

Apparently this update isn’t as brief as I promised. :rofl2:

Coming up: It’s Nah-tah-zoo!!!

I loved this post the first time I read it. The second was just icing on the cake :rofl2:

I love the Mexico pavilion too Kim, and the restaurant. I think it must be comfort food :heart: The boys in the sombreros is just precious. Glad it was another good day. Happy boys mean happy Mama :banana: