From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

That has to be one of the sweetest and most heart-melting smiles ever to wrap a Daddy around it's little finger.

You should have been around her this evening. She was more like Linda Blair.

This is the reason why I don't wear dresses! It's cute when Anna does it though.

Love you & Anna in this picture. I think you have an unfair advantage in the TR department, with those beautiful girls. :popo:

I only get pictures of drunken fiends with red solo cups. (Though some of them are awfully cute too) :))

I have some awfully cute Fiend pics coming up later in this report.

Oh what I wouldn't do for Tonga Toast...right now! I wonder if it's possible to make it at home.

Hmmm, I think I may be making Tonga Toast soon.

Hey, where's the mom of these six girls?

Oh wait, one is the mom, kinda hard to tell.

I agree, Lou. :)

Lou must have gotten up on the right side of the bed this morning :)

Breakfast looks delicious! We don't often do breakfast on vacation. It usually turned into brunch by the time we got our acts in gear. But I keep saying I'd like to make it to the Poly one of these days for breakfast. Your pics make me want to seriously put that on the list for the next trip!

Or at least go to Captain Cooks for the $5.19 Tonga Toast.

And from Allearsnet. for It's Not Cindy

Recipe

Tonga Toast

Kona Cafe

Polynesian Resort

Ingredients:

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick

1 banana

1/3 cup sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 egg

1/4 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

oil or shortening for frying

whipped butter and/or syrup

Method:

Cut a 1-inch pocket in one side of each bread slice. Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise. Remove peel and stuff two pieces of fruit in each pocket of bread; set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Mix together well the egg, milk and vanilla.

Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350º F. Dip stuffed bread into egg/milk mixture and let it soak a few seconds to let penetrate bread. Fry bread on both sides in hot oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels or wire rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve.

That doesn't sound too difficult. Have to give it a try.

Oh no Lou, you didn't :rofl2:

I had the pancakes at Kona this last trip, and if you know me you know I am persnickety about my pancakes (most places don't know how to make them) well they know how to make them there. I give then my 5 Bobs (in case you care).

I know the feeling about going past the gates without going in, this last trip I didn't go in at all. Soooo close yet sooooooo very far away! Its kinda mean if you ask me!

Ohhh those smiles of the Statz girls!

They are good pancakes. But I think I'd only give them 4 Bobs.

Awwww, I knew I liked you. :)

Here we go.

So I see you have to kiss butt around here to get any respect!

Ohhhh INC, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen'd

hows that?

Oh Kathy, better start warming up the deep fryer. Looks like we are having Funnel Bobs tonight.

I Am A Blessed Man!

Well, I figure I'll get another update posted tonight before bed. So where did we leave off before Lou and Bob got into their snark contest?? Oh yeah, we had just returned to the Fort from Kona Cafe, and I decorated the campsite. We were awaiting a visit from a family member of ours that happens to work for Disney. He came by around mid-afternoon, and we had a great visit, catching up and having some good laughs. Before he had to leave, he asked us what we were doing the next day, and we said something along the lines of "just hanging out". He then asked if we wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom....remember we were not doing parks on this trip because we just couldn't swing the cost of tickets this year. He said he would get us in the gate using his passes. No way!! This was an unbelievable surprise. I was taken aback by his kindness. INC was so moved. The girls were super excited! We were going to the MK afterall!!!!

We made arrangements to meet in the morning, and he left. We had dinner at the campsite, and then decided to head over to the WL for some dessert.

I crave these things when I am not at Disney. In fact, I am craving one right now!

The Magic Cookie Bar!!!

P1020488.JPG

They are so good.

It's Not Cindy had a chocolate muffin. But she preferred my MCB.

P1020489.JPG

The girls had ice cream. Anna loves some ice cream!!

P1020491.JPG

The Lodge was decorated, including the giant tree in the lobby.

P1020493.JPG

P1020494.JPG

We usually get pictures near the carved bear.

P1020495.JPG

P1020498.JPG

Who's peeking from behind the bear?

P1020500.JPG

Another tree at the Lodge.

P1020496.JPG

The scope of this lobby always amazes me.

P1020497.JPG

I like Wilderness Mickey.

P1020502.JPG

And that was our evening. We turned in kind of early to be rested up for our action packed, stupendous, totally unexpected, incredibly wonderful day at the Magic Kingdom....and bonus evening at Epcot!!!! Coming up....

The girls had ice cream. Anna loves some ice cream!!

P1020491.JPG

I'm beginning to think Anna and I may be related! :heart:

1. We're almost the same height

2. We both like to pull our dresses over our heads

3. I look just like that when I eat ice cream.

The carved bear pictures are great.

It's great that you got to take the family to MK. Can't wait to see those pics!

Your making me hungry and it's to late to eat.

Sorry Michael. But now it's morning. You can eat.

This TR is still kickin arse!

So what's this Tonga toast that you speak of?

Thanks!

Tonga toast rocks. As long as you like cinnamon and sugar. And banana. And awesomeness.

I want to just grab up anna and give her some hugs. She just looks like she's got tons of love to give out.

She is full of love, and a bit of attitude. :rofl3:

What a wonderful surprise for your family. You had me tearing up again. I love this TR. :heart:

It was incredibly, and totally unexpected. And I got a TON of pictures of MK.

I think if I can do funnel cakes then Tonga Toast will be just as easy. Maybe I should get out the ole bread machine and make sourdough bread for starters. It would give me an excuse to use the darn thing.

Please let me know when. We'll be there. I can bring pancakes for Bob.

I'm so glad y'all end up being able to go to MK! I love me some Magic Bars too!

Those things are addictive.

As all the WDW main gates signs say "WDW - Where Dreams Come True".

I'm really looking forward to the pics at the parks.

Oh, I have a LOT of pics.

Including some of small world. :rofl2:

I think if I can do funnel cakes then Tonga Toast will be just as easy. Maybe I should get out the ole bread machine and make sourdough bread for starters. It would give me an excuse to use the darn thing.

Yes Kathy, that would be awesome. Let me know when and we'll be there. :)

I think I am going to have to go to the Poly for breakfast.

We tried Ohana's twice now for breakfast hoping the horible/pricy breakfast would be better the second time. We were wrong. Again, bad service and mediocre food you could get at a less expensive place. Save you money for dinner at Ohanas. We will have to try Kona next time. The food looks way better and I bet it's a tad cheaper

We tried Ohana's twice now for breakfast hoping the horible/pricy breakfast would be better the second time. We were wrong. Again, bad service and mediocre food you could get at a less expensive place. Save you money for dinner at Ohanas. We will have to try Kona next time. The food looks way better and I bet it's a tad cheaper

Ohana's breakfast is expensive because of the characters. Kona is also expensive, but not as much, and the food is better. I guess everything at Disney is expensive, just varying degrees of expensive.

Dave,

I stopped by a few times at your site and you all must have been out and about. I hope we can meet up next Thanksgiving

I'm sorry we missed you. We are definitely hoping to return next year though.

Ohana's breakfast is expensive because of the characters. Kona is also expensive, but not as much, and the food is better. I guess everything at Disney is expensive, just varying degrees of expensive.

I'm sorry we missed you. We are definitely hoping to return next year though.

Worst part about Ohana breakfast is that the charactes did not even make it to our side of the dinning room and they actually skipped it, both times..ugh...

It's been a year since we visited. I'm thinking another trip is around the corner! :jumpforjoy