From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

Hey Dave, since you guys are over at Epcot, did you happen to venture into Innoventions East (the one on the side of Mission Space and Test Track)? They had this cool new ride in there that I haven't seen before. I think it is called the Sum of All Thrills. Its basically a BIG robot that you can design your own thrill ride and then ride it out on the robot. Ashleigh and I rode it, and its pretty cool ride. Did you guys get to see it or try it?

This may would have come in handy after consuming all of those pretzels, fish, beer, school bread, and beer.

Thanksgivingtrip2011061.jpg

No, I haven't tried the Sum of All Thrills yet.

Am I to understand that this is a dieting aid? You ride after consuming everything in WS, and then you deposit your fish, school bread and beer on the ride?

If so, it sounds kinda gross.

I'm not caught up yet, but had to comment before I forget what I want to say lol.

Those pictures of Anna up on your shoulders are so sweet they should come with a warning! Makes me want to pinch her little cheeks!!!

All your girls are beautiful!!! Hopefully you have a nice big stick ready to beat the boys back.

Thanks for sharing this great trip!!

I don't need a big stick. I live in a firearm friendly state. :popo:

Ok, one more comment.

I stared at this picture for 5 minutes trying to find the "deer". Kept thinking maybe it was way up high on a hill and I just couldn't see it.

Thanks Dave...now I feel like dolt. :rofl3:

Glad I could entertain you for 5 minutes. You dolt. :hah:

Uh oh... I am pro-judy dench. I am shrinking away in shame.....

Sorry KFK. I have nothing against DJD's acting. I just find the accent pretentious. Like "don't school me on history, you Damn Judy Dench!" :argh:

Maybe TCD and Donnie are right...maybe I have issues to work on.

Wow!! I'm caught up already!!! I had been purposely avoiding trip reports on my phone while at WDW, so I could see all the pics full size!!! Great trip so far!!! Your entire family looks like they are having a blast!!!

Late night at an empty Epcot!! Cool!!!!

I ordered the fish and chips and tried to watch Illuminations by the water once. All we got was divebombed by the Seagulls. We had to leave to protect our fish and chips!!!!

We were warned by a nice woman working in England to beware of critters coming out of the bushes to steal our fish. I was so busy watching the shrubs, I never even looked to the sky!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

Loop De Doo!

In my last installment, I noted how we had stayed at Epcot on Friday evening until 10:30, and weren't back at the Fort and putting Anna to bed until 11.

You'd think she would sleep in a bit. But if you thought that, you'd be wrong.

She was up and ready to go before 6.

I'm a morning person anyways, so I got up with her and headed outside to make some coffee. But I wanted the other girls to sleep in a bit, so once the coffee was brewed and I filled my cup, I decided to head out on our cart to do some early morning looping, TCD-style.

With Anna by my side and a cup of joe in the cupholder, and my camera at the ready, we headed out.

First pic I snapped is this duo in the 500 loop, I swear that every time in the past 3 years we've been in 500 these two MH's have been there too.

P1020659.JPG

They are matching Essex coaches. Even the Mickey lights match! Anyone know who they are?? Are they on FF.net?

In any case, they packed up and were gone within the next couple of days.

We next headed through the 300 loop and out by the canal. It was so peaceful back here.

P1020660.JPG

What is that on the far side of the canal?

P1020661.JPG

More deer. Those suckers are everywhere.

The bridge toward the lake.

P1020662.JPG

We didn't head over that way. No carts allowed, and I am a rule follower. Most times.

Next we looped through 400. I found this Mickey lamp setup to be quite ingenious. One of the biggest hurdles to overcome when building a light is what to use for a base. These folks apparently determined the bungee cords are all you need!

P1020663.JPG

There were a LOT of these at the Fort this year. Lowe's must be making a killing on this one.

P1020665.JPG

This one is kinda cool.

P1020666.JPG

From 400, we headed on down toward the Settlement. The decorations were all up already, which is early compared to past years. And this guy was trying to fix some lights on the porch of the Trading Post.

P1020667.JPG

I don't mind the new TP sign. And I like how they decorated it.

P1020668.JPG

This guy was perched on a fence near the marina enjoying some breakfast.

P1020670.JPG

The boats were running already.

P1020671.JPG

We sat for a few minutes here to wait for the boat to blow its whistle. Anna loves the boat whistles. And I am very pro-boat whistle too! I think it would make an awesome text notification on my phone.

The Lawnmower Tree is just pathetic these days. Say goodbye to this relic soon. I can't imagine it survives the upcoming work when they build the new pavilion and make other changes to the Settlement area.

P1020672.JPG

Another look at the boats.

P1020674.JPG

The beach groomer was hard at work.

P1020675.JPG

P1020676.JPG

My girls love the playground. It is quite peaceful in the morning.

P1020678.JPG

Nobody on the porch yet.

P1020679.JPG

P1020680.JPG

P1020681.JPG

That's enough for this post. Let's head over toward River Country next....

We headed over to River Country and peered through the fence.

P1020682.JPG

P1020683.JPG

P1020684.JPG

Nothing new to see here. And too sad to linger. Let's move along.

P1020685.JPG

P1020686.JPG

Here's our sweet ride...the 6 passenger Kenny cart.

P1020687.JPG

We headed now back toward the Settlement. They must have added this sign when they blocked off the path to Fiesty's site. I don't remember it being here.

P1020688.JPG

We zoomed straight out toward the outpost now to check things out. These folks were loading up their golf cart along Ft Wilderness Trail. And their method was ingenious. Now maybe y'all have seen this before, but I hadn't. They were using the old railroad bed to get height for loading the cart in the truck .

P1020693.JPG

Uh oh, she's on to me snapping pics. Time to move on.

P1020694.JPG

Time to head back to the site and see who's up. Most everyone was awake by now, so it was time to cook up some breakfast. Today's breakfast of choice was eggs and bacon. And looky this bacon I had picked up!

P1020689.JPG

Got this peppercorn bacon at Aldi before the trip. And this stuff was COVERED in coarse pepper. It was spicy! And good!!

P1020690.JPG

We had a visitor while we were cooking breakfast. He wants to go looping.

P1020691.JPG

And here's the finished bacon....at least the first batch!

P1020692.JPG

The rest of our Saturday was quiet. We hung around the Fort most of the day. Lots of downtime! Some visiting. And some pool time.

P1020696.JPG

P1020697.JPG

That evening we planned on heading over to DTD. We were meeting up with an old friend of mine from my days at UF at Gainesville. I hadn't seen Adam in 20 years! And we recently met up on LinkedIn, so we planned on getting together with our families at Earl of Sandwich for some dinner and to catch up. We talked for several hours, just like old days. It was a good visit, and we got to meet each others families and walk around the shops a bit. We also hit Goofy's Candy Co for some dessert!

Here's a shot of Adam and me.

P1020698.JPG

After our reunion, we headed back to the Fort and our Saturday was over.

Coming up....Chef Mickey's! including Slap That Duck!!!

P1020640.JPG

Now that is a girl with a plan! :heartsmiley:

Emma and Gwen rode the golf ball. I boycot the golf ball so I don't have to listen to Damn Judy Dench walk me through history in her pretentious voice.

...Emma wanted ice cream, so I hung back with her and Anna and we got Emma her ice cream while the rest of the gang went to ride with Damn Judy Dench again.

...Well the fish incident is new to this trip, and my Snow Ho aversion is well documented. But believe it or not, this isn't the first time I have stated my dislike of Damn Judy Dench.

Dave, Dave, Dave... it's DAME Judy Dench! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Personally I'm with Kim, pro-Ms Dench. (ducking)

Love the photos of the early morning Fort, especially with all the Christmas decorations.

As for the poor lawnmower tree... they could have grown a new one by now if they'd planned ahead. ;)

Great stuff!

Great TR Dave I look forward to each update.

Thanks Lorna!! But don't worry, I will disappoint you soon enough. :rofl2:

Dave, Dave, Dave... it's DAME Judy Dench! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Dame?? Really??? I guess I wasn't aware of that. So she's a Dame? As in Most Excellent Order of the British Empire?

I guess that's a big deal. And I shouldn't use a play on words to mock her illustrious achievement.

From now on I will not refer to her as Damn Judy Dench. I will henceforth refer to her as That Stupid Golf Ball Chick. Or simply TSGBC.

Is that better?

These folks were loading up their golf cart along Ft Wilderness Trail. And their method was ingenious. Now maybe y'all have seen this before, but I hadn't. They were using the old railroad bed to get height for loading the cart in the truck .

P1020693.JPG

This is where we load and unload every time. Someone told us about it the very first time we brought our golf cart to the Fort. The road in the picture is for CMs only, but surprisingly they have never said anything to us. They usually drive by and wave!

This is where we load and unload every time. Someone told us about it the very first time we brought our golf cart to the Fort. The road in the picture is for CMs only, but surprisingly they have never said anything to us. They usually drive by and wave!

Well there you have it. I don't have a cart or a truck, so I don't have to worry about loading. This is probably pretty common and I've just never seen it before.

Maybe I should load my bikes there. :rofl3:

Dave the 2 like motorhomes in 500 loop are busness partners from the Florida area,they bought the coaches at the same show but not together just happened to be the same ones, thats what they say anyway. Great trip report so far.

Really? That's an interesting story, Mike. It's funny how they always camp next to each other. Must be close partners. And successful ones!

You haven't fallen out of either of those coaches, have you? ;)

Since 2goofy has posted to the report, I'm going to jump out of chronological order in my pics here for a minute to share something with y'all. 2goofy (Mike and Jan) were camping in the 600 loop Thanksgiving week. I think they are in 600 every year for Thanksgiving. We were fortunate to get to meet them and spend some good Fiend time with them, including a visit during TITWIT while Mike was in extreme pain from an accident I alluded to above. And after tasting some of Jan's punch, I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it. In any case, I want to share a pic of a gift they gave us....a real deal, Fort WIlderness tire cover!

P1030100.JPG

They had purchased it several years back at the trading post for their trailer, but since moved into a MH and weren't using it. And now it has a cherished place on our trailer!! Thank you Mike and Jan for thinking of us and passing along a new cherished possession!

Great updates and I like how you title them, it adds a liitle suspense to see how it works out. Great score on the tire cover, I have always wanted one but never got it and I would be in the same boat, as my spare is now under the trailer,and the only people that could see it would be the ones who do not move out of my way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great updates and I like how you title them, it adds a liitle suspense to see how it works out. Great score on the tire cover, I have always wanted one but never got it and I would be in the same boat, as my spare is now under the trailer,and the only people that could see it would be the ones who do not move out of my way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is in the rear garage of the trailer so the only one that gets to see it is me. Better safekeeping that way;-)

Dave-

You are kicking some starbooty in cranking out this report!

Well done!

Of course I love the early morning looping photos.

And good job visiting River Country.

And kudos on noticing the new cart path sign by Fiesty's site.

Even I, the one who notices when a new leaf drops from the Sycamore tree behind the Meadow Trading Post, missed that one!

So good job on that!

Love the bacon photos.

But you made my stomach growl!

TCD