From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

Dave the 2 like motorhomes in 500 loop are busness partners from the Florida area,they bought the coaches at the same show but not together just happened to be the same ones, thats what they say anyway. Great trip report so far.

I know someone else (my parents) who had fun this summer visiting campgrounds with some friends of theirs that bought an identical motorhome. They would laugh as people would sit there and look to see if they were really the same. Oh and Hi fellow Michigander.

Great updates and I like how you title them, it adds a liitle suspense to see how it works out. Great score on the tire cover, I have always wanted one but never got it and I would be in the same boat, as my spare is now under the trailer,and the only people that could see it would be the ones who do not move out of my way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading along, and for liking my headlines. I try to use anything I can to keep my readers from falling asleep.

Mine is in the rear garage of the trailer so the only one that gets to see it is me. Better safekeeping that way;-)

I saw it! Remember, while you were grilling the apple sausages.

Dave-

You are kicking some starbooty in cranking out this report!

Well done!

Of course I love the early morning looping photos.

And good job visiting River Country.

And kudos on noticing the new cart path sign by Fiesty's site.

Even I, the one who notices when a new leaf drops from the Sycamore tree behind the Meadow Trading Post, missed that one!

So good job on that!

Love the bacon photos.

But you made my stomach growl!

TCD

Sorry to make your stomach growl. Go eat something.

Great update!!! Aren't lazy days at the Fort wonderful!!!!

There are not many days in life more enjoyable.

Just got all caught up! Love your report and story! I hope one day to adopt, it has been a dream of mine since taking a Chinese history class in college several years ago and learning about the 1-child policy. Do you have a website/blog for your adoption story? I would love to read it!

Thanks! We did maintain a blog during a good part of the adoption process, but actually took it down on the advice of our agency as we neared our first trip, as there is some fear that officials in the foreign country would not look kindly upon it. In particular, when adopting a special needs child from Eastern Europe, you tend to say things that don't present the foreign country in a good light. So, we took the blog down and I never did put it back up or finish writing the story.

Dave, Dave, Dave... it's DAME Judy Dench! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Personally I'm with Kim, pro-Ms Dench. (ducking)

I knew I liked you. ;D

Dame?? Really??? I guess I wasn't aware of that. So she's a Dame? As in Most Excellent Order of the British Empire?

I guess that's a big deal. And I shouldn't use a play on words to mock her illustrious achievement.

From now on I will not refer to her as Damn Judy Dench. I will henceforth refer to her as That Stupid Golf Ball Chick. Or simply TSGBC.

Is that better?

:facepalm:

I am severely anti-new Settlement sign. Even the Christmas decorations don't help. So there! Take that! I may have to challenge you to a duel if these disagreements continue. ;D

Other than that... Great report! :heart:

I am severely anti-new Settlement sign. Even the Christmas decorations don't help. So there! Take that! I may have to challenge you to a duel if these disagreements continue. ;D

I of course agree with KFK!!!!! :wave1: That sign Sucks Donkey Balls. (well maybe KFK didn't quite put it that way, however.....)

Yall going to have an Ohanna duel? Oh Lawdsy. :rofl2:

Other than that... Great report! :heart:

I am with KFK on this one!

I am anti-new Settlement TP sign.

And I agree that other than your mistaken fondness for the new sign, this is a great report!

TCD

Chef Mickey's.....and Slap That Duck!

Ok, now that the great sign controversy is behind us, it's time to move on to Sunday morning. We had a 9:50 ADR at Chef Mickey's to get to!

We gave ourselves plenty of time, and headed down toward toward the marina around 8;30.

P1020700.JPG

It was yet another beautiful November morning at the Fort. Look at those blue skies!

The ride across the lake on the resort boat was uneventful, and soon enough we were at the Contemporary.

I always like looking for small details in the Mary Blair mural.

P1020702.JPG

I sometimes confuse Mary Blair with Linda Blair. But as far as I know, none of the little children in Small World spin their heads 360 degrees and spit blood. Well, outside of Lou's fantasies.

Anyways, we parked the stroller and checked in.

P1020701.JPG

Anna thought the buzzer was a cell phone.

P1020703.JPG

Patiently waiting.

P1020710.JPG

P1020711.JPG

It wasn't too long and we were shown back to our table in the bowels of the restaurant. We were literally next to the kitchen door. That's the bad part. The good part is we were also next to the buffet. It was an active spot, but close to the chow.

Goofy was the first character to come to us.

P1020714.JPG

P1020716.JPG

P1020717.JPG

Next was Donald.

P1020720.JPG

P1020721.JPG

P1020723.JPG

Anna loved the characters. But for some reason, she had a thing with Donald's bill. She kept trying to hit it. I stopped her a couple of times, and Donald held her hands for a bit while they were close, but Anna is a very determined little kid. As soon as Donald let go of her hands to walk away, but before he could step back, she hauled off and WHACKED him! It kind of shocked him, as he stumbled back a bit. She's pretty strong for such a little kid. And I'm not sure, but I think Mickey either observed this, or Donald warned him, cause he held onto Anna's hands when she was near him.

I'm proud of my girl. Maybe I have a future duck hunter on my hands.

Next up was the Queen Cheese herself.

P1020724.JPG

P1020725.JPG

P1020726.JPG

And then Mickey himself.

P1020727.JPG

P1020728.JPG

Notice he's got a hold of her hands.

P1020729.JPG

Smart mouse.

Uh, maybe he's not so smart. He let go. But she was nice.

P1020730.JPG

And finally we had a visit from Pluto.

P1020734.JPG

Anna dove right in.

P1020736.JPG

We finally got INC in a picture.

P1020739.JPG

And finally, let's get some shots of the buffet.

Salad section, including smoked salmon.

P1020742.JPG

Eggs, rolls, other hot dishes.

P1020743.JPG

Potatoes, hash, bacon, sausage.

P1020744.JPG

Mickey waffles and pancakes.

P1020745.JPG

There was a lot more food, but we were so full at that point I couldn't even take pictures of food without getting queasy.

From there we hit the monorail and headed to the GF to walk off breakfast....coming up.

I sometimes confuse Mary Blair with Linda Blair. But as far as I know, none of the little children in Small World spin their heads 360 degrees and spit blood. Well, outside of Lou's fantasies.

We all know Lou loves Small World!

Anna thought the buzzer was a cell phone.

P1020703.JPG

Isn't is amazing how quickly kids pick things up just by watching the adults around them?

Patiently waiting.

P1020710.JPG

What 'chu talkin' about Willis??

Eggs, rolls, other hot dishes.

I always thought Hotdish was a minnesotism... Oh wait.. you said hot dishes. Never mind. If you non-minnesotans are wondering, in the land of 10,000 lakes a hotdish is what most would call a casserole. ;)

Another great update, Dave!

Looks like a great breakfast and a BEAUTIFUL morning!!!

Yep, we had a great time!

I always thought Hotdish was a minnesotism... Oh wait.. you said hot dishes. Never mind. If you non-minnesotans are wondering, in the land of 10,000 lakes a hotdish is what most would call a casserole. ;)

Isn't that ironic? My nickname in college was Hotdish. :rofl2:

Whew, for a minute there they were going to put you in Stall #2 ... just in case. :rofl2:

Not a bad idea.

Love the photo of Anna with Mickey!

Thanks Gwen!

Just because I'm the only one that sees them do it doesn't mean it's a fantasy, or does it?

Don't feel bad. I think I see them too. Especially those Eskimo kids.

Lovin the report so far and absolutley love the pic of Anna with Pluto. That's what it's all about!

Thanks for reading along! I loved how she interacted with the characters. She loved them!

I am caught up... I am caught up... jeez, I'm tired but Anna is darling. Wish I could have seen her whack the duck.. that's just funny. I don't care who you are!

It's like whack a mole...only funnier!

I'm actually backtracking to this video cause youtube is verboten at work. Cool!!!!!

I'd rather lose youtube at work but gain FF.net.

Don't feel bad. I think I see them too. Especially those Eskimo kids.

As if iasw didn't freak me out enough.......

It's like whack a mole...only funnier!

we have a version of whack a mole in our house... only it's called whack a human. Anna and our great dane would get along famously. he'd whack her with his tale and she could whack him on the head.....