From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

I have two comments.

First, I agree that that is about the cutest picture ever.

Second (and much more disturbing), I realized today that all along I have misunderstood the meaning of Ohhhhhhhana. I thought it was more of a flatulence problem. I now know better, though I wish I didn't. I hope you didn't have any moments that were too reminescent of Cousin Eddie:

eddie.jpg

Regardless, I'm ready (I think!) for the next installment...

Oh no! You were correct in your initial assessment! No Cousin Eddie moments here. :)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

No! Say it isn't so!

Meat baby :rofl2: There are so many places I could take that, but I'll refrain.

Banana bread pudding with caramel sauce....YUM! I could skip the wings and all and just eat a bucket of that.

The kids are adorable, but I think I may have mentioned that before. ::)

Don't worry...the next few updates should be interesting. We have a secret mission with TCD, and we have TITWIT...which just may include (per popular request) the infamous Lorna hat pic.

OH NOOOOOOOO

Dave do you want to be responsible for ruining everyone's computer?????

You wouldn't want to have to replace them would you, do you know what is going to happen if they see that picture?? My computer is messed up and I don't want that to happen to everyone's DO YOU!!!!

OH NOOOOOOOO

Dave do you want to be responsible for ruining everyone's computer? ????

You wouldn't want to have to replace them would you, do you know what is going to happen if they see that picture?? My computer is messed up and I don't want that to happen to everyone's DO YOU!!!!

OH YEEEESSSSS

We need to see that picture!! >:D

Whew, Dave!

You are cranking this thing out!

I had some technical issuese with my computer, and missed about a day of your report, and it took me forever to catch up!

BTW- this report, which may not even be half done yet, is already in 6th place for the most viewed trip report here on FortFiends.net. Way to go! You may be giving KFK a run for the money!

I loved the Ohana pics, and especially your favorite of Stella and Anna.

I can't wait to hear about the secret mission.

TCD

you taught me something today... that might be a typo but ware is actually a word

http://www.merriam-w...dictionary/ware

See now...my report is not just an exercise in stupidity. It's edubacational, too!

Whew, Dave!

You are cranking this thing out!

I had some technical issuese with my computer, and missed about a day of your report, and it took me forever to catch up!

BTW- this report, which may not even be half done yet, is already in 6th place for the most viewed trip report here on FortFiends.net. Way to go! You may be giving KFK a run for the money!

I loved the Ohana pics, and especially your favorite of Stella and Anna.

I can't wait to hear about the secret mission.

TCD

Oh no...I have NO aspirations of keeping this thing going long enough to get anywhere near KFK's viewership. A handful of remaining posts, and this one will be put to bed. Fortunately, there are some good things coming up though. Including some strange photos coming out of our secret mission that I swear I don't remember taking.

Is That A Moose??

Tuesday morning came early for us again. Anna was up by 6 and ready for some looping!

So, as was our standard procedure on this trip, I quietly snuck outside and turned on the coffee pot, then went back in to get Anna out of her crib. I got dressed, poured a cup of coffee, and off we went!

Caught a beautiful morning sky just outside the 500 loop.

2011-11-22%25252006.48.17.jpg

2011-11-22%25252006.48.31.jpg

It was so peaceful at that moment. For those of you that aren't morning people, you should try to get up at the Fort early just once and soak it all in. It truly is a beautiful and peaceful place.

We headed over to the 1200 loop to see if a friend was up and about yet. And sure enough, Stef was outside enjoying a morning beverage.

2011-11-22%25252006.55.05.jpg

2011-11-22%25252006.55.25.jpg

We headed out through the 300 loop to check on the canal. These folks were enjoying this awesome tent site. I didn't know the sites in 300 were this deep! ::)

2011-11-22%25252007.10.11.jpg

Next we headed down to the marina to check out the boats again. We waited around so Anna could hear the boat whistle.

2011-11-22%25252007.16.38.jpg

We looped a bit more, then headed back to the campsite to get some more coffee and sit with the family...who were up by then. While we were sitting, we had a visit from TCD. We had a mission to go on...a mission that I have discussed previously on this board.

Yes, we were going to Free Melvin!

For those of you who don't know who Melvin is...he was an audio-animatronic Moose that hosted the Chip and Dale Breakfast show that briefly played at Pioneer Hall in the 80's.

melvin.jpg

I have often suspected that poor Melvin was stashed somewhere backstage at Pioneer Hall, living a life in captivity. We all know that Disney has a sad history of just abandoning attractions and letting them rot...like River Country and Discovery Island. And if my hypothesis is correct, like Melvin the Moose. And so, today was the day to find the poor antlered creature and free him!

TCD, Isabel (my DD11) and I headed to the Settlement, and started planning our assault. And the story that I am about to tell you will seem unbelievable. I wouldn't believe it myself if I didn't have pictures. But here is the really freaky part of the story...I have no idea how one of the pictures ended up on my SD card. Some really strange things went down on this mission. Well, let's just tell the story.

We approached Pioneer Hall.

P1020892.JPG

I started to admire that balcony, remembering that TCD had scaled it at one time and had his picture taken from up there. I suddenly had a really stupid idea...that I could access the buiding from up there if I could only shimmy up one of those poles. TCD said it was difficult, but possible. So up I went!

TCD took my picture up there with my camera, so that I would have proof.

P1020902.JPG

At that point, I told TCD to head up and join me, leaving Isabel down below with the camera.

P1020899.JPG

This is where my plan started to go sideways. TCD and I found a way to get inside, so in we went. But it was at that point that I realized that Isabel had my camera. If I did find Melvin, I would have no way to prove it. So I went back outside to have Isabel throw the camera up to me, but she was no where to be seen. She had disappeared!

I went back inside, and immediately realized it was pretty dark in there. The theater lights were on rather dimly, but you couldn't see anything along the sides or the back of the theater. TCD and I made our way down from the balcony. At that point, I heard Isabel calling for me in the dark. Her voice was coming from the front of the room, near the stage. I have no idea how she ended up back there, but clearly she had found her way backstage and needed my help. I'm on my way, sweetie!!

As I approached the stage, I heard Isabel telling me she was lost and couldn't see anything. I asked where she was, and she said she had gone backstage. TCD and I made our way up onto the stage, and by following Isabel's voice I found my way to her. It was pitch dark back there! I could barely make out her shadow...lit only by the dim lighting filtering in from the front of the room.

We sure couldn't see anything back there, much less try to find poor Melvin. So I figured I'd just snap a few photos and hope the flash would help them come out.

FIrst, I snapped a pic of the theater from the stage, which was partially lit by the theater lighting.

P1020897.JPG

I then just shot a couple of pics of the backstage area randomly...unable to see what I was photographing.

Some random costumes.

P1020895.JPG

Isabel wanted to get into a pic, so I had her stand in front of me and I snapped a pic in the dark. I couldn't even see her to center the pic. The flash practically blinded her! And I never looked at the picture until later...figuring that it was just a pic of Isabel with some costumes in the background. It was time for us to leave anyways before we got in trouble...so we make our way outside and went back to the campsite. INC asked how it went, and I told her we had fun but the mission was a colossal fail. And it wasn't until I was back home in Tennessee and uploading all the pics to my computer that I looked at the pictures, and found this.

Melvin1.jpg

What the Fort!!??!!!

It's a moose! And he's blindfolded!

Holy crap! It's Melvin! If only we had had a flashlight with us, we would have seen him and could have rescued the poor guy. But by the time I found out, we were back home and it was too late. But there will be a future Fort trip...and Melvin will be a free Moose someday. That is my vow.

All in all, not a bad morning. And we had more fun still to come that day!

Coming up....a Dole Whip Gathering, TITWIT, and the picture that Lorna has offered big dollars to bury. Stay tuned!!