From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

Alright, I don't want Judy to have a conniption, so I undocked the computer from the network and hacked into the wifi signal from the company next door. What won't I do for my Fiends!! So here ya go....

Magic Kingdom!!!

Friday November 18th dawned, and it was yet another beautiful day. And not just beautiful, I’m talking sunny, perfect temps, low humidity….in other words, a perfect park day!!!

We had breakfast at the camper, and headed toward the marina around 8:00.

P1020503.JPG

Anna looks SO excited, doesn’t she?

P1020508.JPG

The Settlement was looking spiffy this morning, including the Christmas tree.

P1020509.JPG

P1020510.JPG

P1020511.JPG

We grabbed a cup of crap coffee from Trails End and headed to the MK boat.

P1020515.JPG

P1020517.JPG

P1020520.JPG

Rope drop was at 9, and we were at the gates and met up with my cousin just a few minutes before that.

P1020522.JPG

We got through the turnstiles, thanked him from the bottom of our hearts, and moved inside a bit to watch the rope drop show.

P1020523.JPG

P1020526.JPG

We’d seen rope drop at the other 3 parks, but somehow had never made it to the MK one. Until today, that is!!!

We made our plans for the mad rush. I was taking my 4 older girls to SM to ride right away while INC took Anna toward BTM for fastpasses for when we were done at SM.

P1020528.JPG

Unfortunately, as often happens with us, SM was CLOSED for technical difficulties when we arrived. We couldn’t get FPs for later, as INC had our tickets. We waited a few minutes to see if it opened up, but it wasn’t looking good, so we took off on a mad dash to the other side of the park to ride BTM and Splash Mtn.

The standby time for BTM was 5 minutes, and in reality it wasn’t even that much, so we got on right away.

P1020529.JPG

P1020533.JPG

I've told her before...if you're gonna make those faces, I'm gonna post them.

P1020534.JPG

Afterward, we found INC and Anna at the playground beneath the train station next to Splash Mtn.

P1020535.JPG

P1020537.JPG

P1020540.JPG

Said some hellos, and then we left them again to ride Splash Mtn. This is one of my favorite MK rides, mainly for the music and the theming. We didn’t get too wet!

P1020543.JPG

P1020546.JPG

I then switched places with INC so she could ride BTM, and I took Anna for a leisurely stroll through Frontierland and Liberty Square toward the HM.

P1020549.JPG

Grabbed a pic of the CHH menu. I really like this place, but we never got there to eat on this trip. Next time!!

P1020547.JPG

I took a look at this place next to HM, along the river. It clearly looks like a former attraction, with queues and everything, but for the life of me I can’t remember what it was. Was it used for the riverboat at one time? Something else? Who can help me out here??

P1020551.JPG

P1020552.JPG

You get a good view of BTMRR across the water from here.

P1020554.JPG

By now, INC and the girls had caught up with us. They also only had a 5 minute wait for BTM. That was our experience with the entire day…no crowds! No lines, perfect weather…what more can you ask for??

So at this point we all went to HM together. When they constructed the interactive queue area, I followed it closely online but figured it would be sometime before I got to experience it myself. Wrong! We were going to experience it right now!!

P1020548.JPG

P1020556.JPG

P1020560.JPG

P1020561.JPG

I was pretty impressed. They added some really fun elements. Since there was no line, we didn’t play with everything. I can imagine during busy times this has got to be very cool. I like this concept. The interactive queue at Space Mtn is awesome and really helps pass the time. We got to check out the Pooh queue (hey, I just rhymed!) later in the day, and that looked cool too. I like these changes!

Anna thought the HM was pretty cool…not too scary for her. But she didn’t LOVE it. Anna is all about music. And while the HM ride music is pretty cool, it isn’t the focal point of the ride. But very close to HM there is another ride with music. Infectious music. Music that permeates your mind, wraps it tentacles firmly around your brain stem and doesn’t relinquish control for days, if not weeks.

Yes Lou, I’m referring to Small World!

Anna LOVED small world!

P1020563.JPG

P1020566.JPG

P1020567.JPG

I mean, really ,who doesn’t love small world??

Uh oh, she did like it, didn't she??

P1020570.JPG

Hmmm, we better move on.

Ok, so after iasw, we headed toward the new Fantasyland expansion area to ride the carousel, and snap some pics. You’ve all seen pics of the Beast’s castle (people refer to it as Belle’s castle, but seriously, he lived there first). Regardless, I had to snap at least one.

P1020571.JPG

By now it was just past 11am. We had covered a lot of ground in just two hours!! It’s amazing what you can accomplish at the parks when they are quiet. And amazingly, the crowds still had not picked up! I guess the Friday before Thanksgiving is an awesome time to go!

When we found out the day before that we were going to the MK, I went online on my phone and used the nifty new Disney Dining site to see if anything was available at the Plaza. After the horrible GAG fry incident on Wednesday, I had a hankering for some good fries. And sure enough, they had an opening at 11:20. So I grabbed it, and now it was time to go get those fries! Coming up in our next installment…

Coming up…Lunch at The Plaza, and Now I Have TWO Princesses To Mock

Actually Anna looks like:

"All right, enough with the picture taking! It's 8:00 am, your making me wear these ears, and you want me to be happy about it?" :))

I can't remember the name of the yellow building right now, but we used to get ice cream there! :jumpforjoy

Awww... you are the sweetest, I have had a HORRIBLE day at work, thus the reason for hounding the fiends for a distraction and sure enough, you delivered and not only did you deliver, you totally turned my mood around. Your girls were obviously THRILLED to spend the day at MK. The look on those little faces are just precious. I'm going to go home and hug my little house critters!! Isn't the affect that Disney has on them amazing?

Ok, I think Stef and TJ are both right. I mistakenly posted two buildings there. The yellow one must be Aunt Pollys across the water.

Yeah, Aunt Pollys!! You can still see the little window in front. Don't feel bad, I never even realized they were two different buildings. ::)

WHAT??? The keel boats are GONE??? :dropjaw:

say it aint so... for how long? and more importantly, how did I miss that? I mean, I know they were too boring for us to bother with in years but geez people, first the skyway and now the keel boats. What's next... Cindy's place???

WHAT??? The keel boats are GONE??? :dropjaw:

say it aint so... for how long? and more importantly, how did I miss that? I mean, I know they were too boring for us to bother with in years but geez people, first the skyway and now the keel boats. What's next... Cindy's place???

Pam, where ya been? They stopped in 2001! :rofl2:

Pam, where ya been? They stopped in 2001! :rofl2:

well I did notice the "pardon our dust" sign a few years back... might've been in 2001, I suppose... but never suspected they were gone...

Remember how she "copes" on the way to the Fort.

Might have. DIRECT correlation to not noticing.

Boring may mean "after red cup"

I'll have you know I am a true fiend... my solo cups are purple... well, unless you count that big red Hersheypark souvenier bottle I've been refilling when DH drives... :wine:

They've turned it into a Bed & Breakfast ...

Next you're gonna tell me they have a royal suite with a fireplace, jacuzzi and stars built into the ceiling... geez, you guys must think I've already emptied a few solo cups tonight to believe that fairytale could be real...

I am always here... I'm just shy sometimes. ......

Ok, I can't even say that with a straight face. :rofl2:

Talk about magical pixie dust! I am so happy ya'll got to go to MK afterall!! :jumpforjoy:

Just FYI, KFM makes Magic Cookie Bars. Our name for them is Hallelujah Bars. Perhaps Glory Rolls and Hallelujah bars for SM

2012? ;D

Oh I don't know if I can wait that long...possible recipe?