• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hay, what's going on here? Kim tried and failed at trying to make this a non-TR just to entice me into reading it, but I wasn't fooled for a minute and so I didn't read it. Field of Dreams, if you bu

Ya, cut it out Dave. But, there are quite a few real super heroes on here and most of us know who they are.

Puttin' a little gravel in our travel.... Just in case you were wondering if driving across the hayfield is allowed. Here is Hayseed H in front of his Hay field Palace. Bella Vista.... :rofl2:

Before I get into our most recent Hay Day Adventure, I'll go ahead and share the Alligator Turtle photo with ya'll. H says the photo doesn't show how big it really was in person but here it is anyway.

101_2870.jpg

The drive to the Hayfield can sometimes get a little monotanous but fortunately for me I had Tweedledum here providing a little traveling entertainment.

He appeared to be jammin' to a Jamaican beat.....

100_2008.jpg

Starting of with a bang huh? ;D

What do you think could make this any better?

Why finding out that Tweedledum has a partner...

Tweedledum-ber. (As least he refrained from riding on top of the tool box until they got to a slower speed zone.... maybe the other one should be Tweedledum-ber. Oh well. Not important.)

100_2014.jpg

I'm not always one to be overly safety conscious but I have to say... :gaah:

Anyhoo.. were getting closer to our HOme Sweet Hayfield...

and here we are!

100_2015.jpg

It was around 7:15 pm when the boys and I arrived and H wasn't home from work yet so we just went inside to escape the gnats. When H go there he was very happy to come home to a waiting family. :)

After spending a little family time I happened to look out one of our windows and saw this.....

102_2017.jpg

So naturally I had to go outside for better viewing.

102_2022.jpg

102_2021.jpg

102_2019.jpg

Even in a hayfield we are blessed enough to see a sky painted by the hand of God. :)

After a good nights sleep we all got up and had a breakfast of sausage, eggs and toast. (Sorry I forgot to take a photo.)

H had just found out that his company has a family activities center that's available to employees and their families. The center has a playground :jumpforjoy: a baseball field, basketball court, tennis court... and....

A POOL!!! Yep this is what I was talking about that will make our summer visits more bearable.

Sooooooo we decided to stop at Wal-Mart to buy swimsuits and a couple of beach towels for the occasion.

Sidestory: I forgot my swimsuit at SM as well and have already taken ONE trip to Wal-Mart for an emergency swimsuit. This is getting to be a pattern. By the end of summer I should have every style available at Wal-Mart. :facepalm:

Anyway, we all got a new swimsuit, checked out and when we got to the door... BAM! The bottom fell out of the clouds and it was raining cats and dogs. Booo!!!! Rather than get too upset about our plans being rained out we decided that lunch at DQ complete with Blizzards and Shakes would help curb the disappointment.

102_2025.jpg

Again, sorry but we were enjoying each other and our food/blizzards/shakes and I forgot to take photos. Bad me.

However, when we were done eatin' and conversatin' the rain had stopped and we were on our way to the Family Activity Center.

Uhhhh... OK? H? Are you sure? This isn't quite what I had in mind...

102_2027.jpg

102_2029.jpg

102_2069.jpg

102_2070.jpg

102_2068.jpg

102_2065.jpg

102_2031.jpg

Who says Disney has the corner market on theming? :rofl2:

After such an.. uh.... very interesting entry, imagine my surprise as we got to the Family Activity Center.

The Baseball Field.

102_2032.jpg

Basketball and Tennis Courts.

102_2034.jpg

Office Building

102_2035.jpg

PLAYGROUND AREA!!!

102_2037.jpg

102_2039.jpg

102_2044.jpg

102_2045.jpg

Babaloooo!

102_2046.jpg

THE POOL!

102_2050.jpg

102_2052.jpg

102_2053.jpg

102_2058.jpg

Volleyball

102_2041.jpg

Picnic Tables underneath good ole Southern Mossy Oaks. (I know the moss is Spanish but the Oaks are certainly Southern)

102_2042.jpg

All in all it was a very fun afternoon!!

I'll stop here for now but there is more on the way!

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Where are they??!! It's been 3 whole minutes!! :)

:waiting2-smiley:

Promises, promises, promises

:jumpforjoy Bring' em on!!!

:toiletreading: Still Waiting........

Come on Kim what's taking so long :sleep:

To our darling Kfk.

I have shamelessly boosted my thread count by about ten. Where are ye?

Thou art an impatient people! Our place of dwelling is filled with distractions but herefore art thy update! :rofl2:

Does thou havest more updatest to cometh?

There art another installment of this our trip to a far and distant land but alas... it shall have to wait upon the morrow.

And an awesome update it is!! Very cool that you found the Family Center, I would have turned back at the dirt rod though. I was sure I heard banjo music!

I told H that if this is where he tried to take me on a first date I would have been dialing 911 on my cell phone! ;D

Awesome update!!! Looks like you may have that activity center all to yourselfs a lot!!!

Thanks Carol. It had just opened that week and it was cool and rainy that day. I expect on the warmer sunny days there'll be more people around.

I just read this entire non-trip TR and it has been very entertaining. Can't wait for next update!

It's a non Trip Report about nothing. Glad you got some enjoyment out of it. ;D

Great addition to the TR, Kim! I love the sunset pictures, and the pictures of you and your precious family!

Thank you Holly! :heart:

i was literally laughing out loud with that series of photos of the ride to the family activity center.

I can LOL now but it was a little skeery at the time. :rofl2:

There was that John McEnroe moment in the car... "YOU. CANNOT. BE. SERIOUS!!!" ;D

I'm so glad y'all found the activity center! A pool can make many days in the south much more bearable! Gorgeous sunset pics!

It wasn't hard to find. Stay on the dirt road and don't go where the WARNING signs are. It would be bad to be met with deadly force trying to take the kids to a playground and swimming.:rofl2:

Man, I was waiting for that alligator turtle photo, and then you went and posted it while I was out of town!

Imagine my dissapointment when I finally got to see that photo and saw that ain't an alligator turtle.

This photo shows a regular snapping turtle on the left, and an alligator snapping turtle on the right:

common_and_alligator_snapper.jpg

I don't think yours is an alligator turtle.

But, the rest of the post made up for it- I liked Tweedledumb and Tweedlerdumber. And the sunset. And the ride to the recreation area. And the recreation area once you got there. That all made up for the lack of a real alligator turtle. That non-alligator turtle is still a pretty cool looking turtle.

I like turtles.

TCD

Man, I was waiting for that alligator turtle photo, and then you went and posted it while I was out of town!

Imagine my dissapointment when I finally got to see that photo and saw that ain't an alligator turtle.

This photo shows a regular snapping turtle on the left, and an alligator snapping turtle on the right:

common_and_alligator_snapper.jpg

I don't think yours is an alligator turtle.

But, the rest of the post made up for it- I liked Tweedledumb and Tweedlerdumber. And the sunset. And the ride to the recreation area. And the recreation area once you got there. That all made up for the lack of a real alligator turtle. That non-alligator turtle is still a pretty cool looking turtle.

I like turtles.

TCD

WELL LAWDY! Blame H because he took the photo and told me "Wait til you see the pic I took of the alligator turtle I saw in the hayfield!"

I do have a photo of another critter coming up.... and I know for sure it is what I am going to call it. Just wait you'll see.

I'm glad Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum-ber made up for H's faux alligator turtle. I don't know the difference. At least I didn't until you showed me a photo of an actual one.

Ok... I just told TCD that I saw a critter and I know it is what I am going to say it is....

I've never seen one in my whole life until H took us on a little ride through where he works. I would share photos of that but after all of the warnings of deadly force on our way to the Family Activity Center I shudder to think what they'd do to me over photos of the actual facility.

Anyhoo....

As we were leaving H's workplace.... I started yelling "STOP! Go back!! I just saw a black squirrel!!!"

Yep. A black squirrel. I grew up with woods all around and have never seen a black squirrel before now.

102_2079.jpg

102_2078.jpg

Isn't he cute? There were actually 2 but the other one was way to quick and got out of sight before I could get a photo.

While we were gone on our grand adventure... H had put some laundry in the dryer. Obviously it wasn't too nasty as he didn't take it to town. ::)

102_2092.jpg

A turkey. (At least I think it's a turkery. That's what H said anyway...) ;D

102_2095.jpg

It was rainy and we had nowhere else to go or nothing much else to do so we just hung out for the rest of the evening. H had to work the next day and needed to turn in a little early anyway.

Sooo we woke up to no H.... and more rain.

102_2097.jpg

Our initial plan was to sleep in a little late then head back home. However, H was getting off early so we decided to stay and spend another night with him. Since we weren't leaving for home, the only rational thing to do at that point was to fry bacon and eggs.

102_2096.jpg

After H got home we enjoyed a little fam time.

Lil H entertained with his "Which cup is the coin under?" trick.

102_2098.jpg

Gabe found something humorous about the situation..

102_2099.jpg

Dinner. Leftovers from the day before.

102_2100.jpg

Luckily the rain had stopped and there was still enough time for the H's to get outside and fly the remote control helicopter.

102_2101.jpg

102_2102.jpg

102_2105.jpg

102_2106.jpg

102_2107.jpg

102_2110.jpg

102_2111.jpg

This looks like what's left of the S.S. Minnow. :)) Rental perhaps?

102_2114.jpg

We may need that tiny ship if these rain clouds let loose on us on our way home!

102_2115.jpg

The rain clouds did open and made the first 30 to 45 minutes of our trip home pretty miserable but it finally slacked off and the rest of the ride home was pretty uneventful.

Sadly, I have to report that this is the last update from the Hayfield.

But don't lose heart...

H is moving to a new field.

It is 30 minutes closer to home and only 2 miles from his job. We will be saving a lot of time and a little $$$ too. :jumpforjoy:

So the next update will be from the NEW field... unless H takes a few goodbye photos but he probably won't.

The turtle is a soft shell turtle Softshell+Turtle+3.jpg

the black SQUIRREL is a fox SQUIRREL

But he's still black. And he's a squirrel. ;D

Does that make him a black fox squirrel?

If he's a fox squirrel why does he look like a bear cub?

Are soft shell turtles best for soup?

Yay, a hay update! Cool squirrel. I've never seen a black. Congrats to the whole KFK family on the move to a new field. Can't wait for updates from the new digs.

new digs... :rofl2:

Thanks cherie!

But he's still black. And he's a squirrel. ;D

Does that make him a black fox squirrel?

yes

If he's a fox squirrel why does he look like a bear cub?

maybe because they are closer to the size of a fox?

Are soft shell turtles best for soup?

YES!

I told H that if this is where he tried to take me on a first date I would have been dialing 911 on my cell phone! ;D

Were cell phones around when y'all were dating?

Smoke signals?

:heart:

Congrats on the move!

yes

maybe because they are closer to the size of a fox?

YES!

Thanks Ed! I knew I could count on you! :)

Although.... I won't be trying that turtle soup anytime soon.

Were cell phones around when y'all were dating?

Smoke signals?

:heart:

Congrats on the move!

Yes there were cell phones. Unfortunately they were the kind that were bolted to the floor/console area of your vehicle w/a huge antenna mounted on top. :rofl2: (yeap that was our first cellular phone) Oh wait that was after we were married! :bugeyes: They might not have had cell phones when we were dating! YIkes!