Error Message: TCD's Spring Break 2012 Trip Report!

Thank you for the trip report. Yours have always been my favorite. I knew all the fiends had dissappeared from the other place and missed their posts but didn't realise this site existed until someone on the Airstream forums mentioned it. I'm very excited to start reading them again.

2 admissions -

My trailer is still in the same spot 4 years later but will make it to the Ft one way or another this year!

I have never seen Fantasmic. Love Disney, but hate crowds. I know that is like oil and water, but we go during slow times and stay out of MGM on Fantasmic nights.

Yippee!! :jumpforjoy Another "newbie"! You just earned yourself a TCD Spike, if I am reading the rules correctly. Boy, am I jealous!!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the trip report that almost didn't happen. The TCD gang finally hit the Fort for a stay from March 24th through the 27th. Everything was going great until the morning of the 27th when TCD Twin

Since I have some momentum going here, and a bit of time, you are going to get another update. Right now. How's that for everyone? On other boards, you have to wait for days for an update. But not her

You must have rushed if you were only at Tea for three hours. We spent 7 hours, not to shabby one hour hour per lady fiend!!

Congrats to the Twins! And good luck in Nationals!

Thanks for another great TR Andrew. We love reading along with you and all the Snarky comments that come in along the way. Can't wait for your next trip!

LOVE the baby bird photos. We had robins next in our umbrella on the porch not too long ago and it was really fun watching their progress.

Although I gotta say, baby cardinals are much cuter than baby robins. (at least until they get their feathers)

Thank you for the trip report. Yours have always been my favorite. I knew all the fiends had dissappeared from the other place and missed their posts but didn't realise this site existed until someone on the Airstream forums mentioned it. I'm very excited to start reading them again.

Hey welcome! Glad you found us. :D

Does that mean you don't like my TRs?

You're a newbie so you don't know that I don't write TRs, evaah, or even read them for that matter.

And he definitely doesn't comment on them.

:dogsnicker:

First, we came across this guy riding a horse along the main road toward the four way stop. That's the 2200 loop cabins that you see in the background, so he was heading toward the Outpost:

IMG_0590.jpg

You don't see this type of thing too often, and we took a good look to see what could possibly be going on here. This guy did not have a castmember name tag on, but he does look like he is wearing some kind of costume:

Hmmm... I've seen something like this before.... ;D

KSCN0032.jpg

Seriously, as usual great report! What a relief that you didn't lose all those photos! I usually back mine up on the puter as I go along for that very reason.

Twin #1 did a great job with those photos!

Very cute baby birds :heart:

Thanks, Stef. I will need to post an updated photo- they are a week old today, and much cuter now that they are getting some feathers.

The mental image of this made me laugh. It reminded me that I just recently watched an old vhs of my college trip to the fort back in 1988 (I was actually burning it on to a dvd). But in a few spots we were videotaping chickens and I think a rooster wandering around the place. I know the peacocks are long gone but are there still chickens (and roosters)?

Nice pics on the baby birds :D

Nope on the chickens and roosters. And the duck population is quite low too. But there are plenty of wild turkeys.

While you are working on that videotape, you ought to post it to youtube or photobucket and give us a link. I'd love to see a video of the Fort from 1988.

Woo hoo!

And go Cards!

Yes, woo hoo, and go Cards!

Except if they're playing the Rays.

2 admissions -

My trailer is still in the same spot 4 years later but will make it to the Ft one way or another this year!

I have never seen Fantasmic. Love Disney, but hate crowds. I know that is like oil and water, but we go during slow times and stay out of MGM on Fantasmic nights.

Welcome.

Thanks for posting!

As I mentioned, it is wonderful when someone new joins the fun and posts.

I am glad to hear that you have determined to get to the Fort this year.

I am a big fan of Airstreams. Since you read the Airstream forums, I assume that is what kind of trailer you have (I'm quick on the uptake).

I understand about loving Disney and hating the crowds. Actually, I think that may be a common feeling amongst the Fiends. The peace and quiet available at the Fort is a big reason why I prefer it over any of the other WDW resorts.

I hope that you jump in with both feet here!

Congrats to your girls hope they do great at the next level!!!!!!!!

Oh by the way TCD great trip report, thanks for the quanity of pictures :rofl:

Thanks. And now that you mention it, there was a good quantity of photos in this report. Thank goodness I didn't lose them forever! I probably would have worn out my purple crayon if I had to draw replacements for them all.

Kudos to Twin #1. The baby cardinal photos are ADORABLE!!!

Thanks. I don't think baby cardinals are as cute as baby chickens. But, as I mentioned, they're a week older now, and starting to look less like aliens and more like birds.

Yippee!! :jumpforjoy Another "newbie"! You just earned yourself a TCD Spike, if I am reading the rules correctly. Boy, am I jealous!!

Yes, you are reading the rules correctly. But, you are entitled to a spike too. You just need to get yourself to the Fort to receive it.

Every Fiend at the Fort is entitled to a spike, and my assistant spiker, Lou, and I do our best to make that happen.

We have never seen Fantasmic either. We aren't huge Hollywood Studios fans, so we have never lasted a whole day there. Now after seeing those crowds I really don't have any desire to stay for it. Another great report TCD!

Wow. Never? Since Lou is such a big fan, maybe you can go there with him after you force him to watch the EWP and ride Small World.

Congrats to the Twins! And good luck in Nationals!

Thanks for another great TR Andrew. We love reading along with you and all the Snarky comments that come in along the way. Can't wait for your next trip!

Thanks.

And, I can't wait for my next trip either.

Trust me, I'm working on it.

TCD

Love this! I'm new so have only read a couple of these but have enjoyed them very much! Because of you, I went out early the last morning of our trip, left my sleeping family behind, enjoyed the peace and tranquility (save the busses and boat horns) of the fort in the morning with a nice cup of joe and my camera.

Congrats to your daughters! I live in Jacksonville - the hotel looked familiar - might it be the Hilton on the river downtown? How fun for them to get go to WDW thanks to their hard work!! We stayed at Coronado a few years ago, my boys still talk about it! I think they've renovated it since we were there. Now that we own a camper we very rarely stay in other resorts though.

We have some baby cardinals in the woods behind our house too. I can hear them and see Mr. & Mrs. Cardinal making frequent trips to our feeder and back out there but the nest is too far up for me to see it. A couple of years ago I had some wrens make a nest and hatch eggs inside a bag of potting soil I had left on the patio. It was too late once I realized it was in there for me to move it, eggs were already there! Plus I didn't think they'd tend to it if I did touch it. Last summer there were baby birds (not sure what kind) in a nest that had been built inside the pole of our basketball hoop. I wouldn't let the kids play until I knew the birds were weaned and off on their own!

Love this! I'm new so have only read a couple of these but have enjoyed them very much! Because of you, I went out early the last morning of our trip, left my sleeping family behind, enjoyed the peace and tranquility (save the busses and boat horns) of the fort in the morning with a nice cup of joe and my camera.

Glad to hear that you ventured out early in the morning. For some reason, I even like hearing the boats and buses at that hour. So, you had your camera with you, huh?

You ought to post a little trip report!

People around here love trip reports.

Plus we get a lot of folks from other places who come over here to read the trip reports, because the message boards they belong to don't have any.

Congrats to your daughters! I live in Jacksonville - the hotel looked familiar - might it be the Hilton on the river downtown? How fun for them to get go to WDW thanks to their hard work!! We stayed at Coronado a few years ago, my boys still talk about it! I think they've renovated it since we were there. Now that we own a camper we very rarely stay in other resorts though.

I am pretty sure they were in the Hyatt Regency. According to them, they were walking distance to the Landings area.

We stayed at Coronado Springs a few times. I like it. My only complaint is that it is very spread out. I also didn't like how things worked in the Pepper Market, but I have since heard good things about it, so they must have it set up differently now.

We have some baby cardinals in the woods behind our house too. I can hear them and see Mr. & Mrs. Cardinal making frequent trips to our feeder and back out there but the nest is too far up for me to see it. A couple of years ago I had some wrens make a nest and hatch eggs inside a bag of potting soil I had left on the patio. It was too late once I realized it was in there for me to move it, eggs were already there! Plus I didn't think they'd tend to it if I did touch it. Last summer there were baby birds (not sure what kind) in a nest that had been built inside the pole of our basketball hoop. I wouldn't let the kids play until I knew the birds were weaned and off on their own!

For whatever reason, my mother-in-law always has wren nests around her house. There was a nest with some new babies in it when we were over there for Easter last week. They had just hatched the week before. In this past week, she watched the babies hop out of the nest and get flying lessons from the mom and dad, and they have now all flown the coop. It's amazing how fast bird babies are ready to leave the nest. Sometimes I envy them. I said sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for posting, and I really do hope that you will post some of your photos and give us a little report some times. It is a fun way to re-live your trip.

TCD

Yes - it's the hotel I was thinking of - was wrong about the name. Hyatt, Hilton, potato, tomato! It's right next door to The Landing. Beautiful views of the river and the city.

I am still learning how to use my camera, as it's fairly new, and the software/uploading/editing stuff. Maybe once I get a handle on that I can then turn to the lesson of how to post photos here! I'm kinda slow about those things :) Forgot to mention, also due to me reading your TR and talking about it, my husband and oldest son cruised over to peek in on the former RC. We never knew that place was back there, despite frequenting FW for the past 5 years and WDW for the past 20. Huh!

Next time, I will try to get online while we're at the fort to meet up with some of this group and/or get a spike, now that I've read more and see how that all works.

I agree about CS - remember schlepping a long way to get to the pool.

While you are working on that videotape, you ought to post it to youtube or photobucket and give us a link. I'd love to see a video of the Fort from 1988.

I have absolutely no idea how to convert from vhs to dvd to upload to photobucket. But let me work on it and I will see what I can do. It would probably be easier for me to just mail it to you :laugh: .

I am posting this one for the new fiend here on FF.net who goes by the name Yensid Camper:

Image2851.jpg

You know that Yensid is Disney spelled backward, right? And Yensid is the name of the Sorcerer in the Sorcerer's Apprentice, which can be seen in the movie Fantasia. I really am not a big Fantasia fan, so I don't know if the Sorcerer is shown in the movie, but that is not a good looking man, is it?

The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game has turned out to be a hit with the TCD twins. I think it's dumb, but they like it. Since they have been playing it, I have paid a bit more attention to what happens at the various portals, and I have to admit that the technology is pretty cool, and that the game itself is much more fun than I inititally thought. And, based on the number of people I have seen playing the games, I am in the definite minority in thinking that the game is dumb.

TCD Thanks for the shout out! Sorry to be tardy to the party. I am catching up on TR's and finally reached this one. You da man!

Look for my avatar to contain a part of that card soon. I have been working the photoshop magic on it.

My boys loved this game as well.

TCD,

You had a link in this report to some old Fort Wilderness brochures. I looked at them briefly, and wanted to check them out again. For some reason, I can't find the link and I can't find what forum you posted them in. Can you guide me to it?

Thanks, Heidi

Just so you don't have to possibly wait until Monday (hopefully TCD is off this weekend on an adventure) here is the link.

2 admissions -

Do I know you? Do you know me? Name is the same on both forums.....

1. I hate having limited internet in the middle of a TCD TR.

2. Congrats to the TCD Twins.

3. Never seen fantasmic but if that's the crowd don't care too.

4. Lou, are you sure your "normal"? After all you don't read TR's but you do post on them in context. That can't be a "normal" ability.

5. Thanks for the TR, TCD. Even if I didn't get to enjoy it as it was posted.

TCD! I have missed you on those "other" boards and always wondered what happened to you. Not sure what happened and really none of my business. I am just glad I have re-discovered you here! I read this report after also catching up on your Thanksgiving trip. I cannot promise that I will post much bc I feel like people on forums/boards sometimes misread things and then the internet world goes crazy on the poster. Regardless of whatever happened (you mentioned something earlier in this thread) I appreciate the time and energy that you put into these reports and I will likely lurk much more than I post. However, I came out of complete lurk-dom to say hello. New FF Member here! I cant wait for your next report and to check out this new site.....at least new to me! Thanks TCD and congrats to your daughters. That is a great accomplishment.