Sometimes You Just Have To Look Down Main Street.

The rest of that sentence is, to feel the magic that is WDW.

I guess this rant would fall under the warm and fuzzy side as opposed to the usual Snarky side.

I'm so fortunate to be in the position I'm in. I'm actually retired and I get to select how much or how little I work and even the days I work. But work is too strong a word for what I do and where I do it on average of four days a week.

Today, while at lunch at one of the CM cafeterias, I thought, I miss the MK even though I was right there, in the middle of MK, but it felt like I had been far away for too long.

Being there all the time, you become callused and forget where you are.

I instantly got up and instead of walking back to the the bus area the way I normally do, which is by Tony's Town Square restaurant, I decided to exit by the Fire House side.

I walked about half way, stopped, and just looked up Main St. towards the castle for a few minutes. The castle at the opposite end never looked more beautiful.

That's all it took, I was OK after that.

Even though I've been to the MK many times, that magical moment when you enter the park and look up the street at the castle never gets old. On our last trip, we were able to visit the park unexpectedly, and this big dope had tears in his eyes when the rope drop show ended. And then when we saw Main Street, I felt a joyous calm come over me. I was in my happy place.

The rest of that sentence is, to feel the magic that is WDW.

I guess this rant would fall under the warm and fuzzy side as opposed to the usual Snarky side.

I'm so fortunate to be in the position I'm in. I'm actually retired and I get to select how much or how little I work and even the days I work. But work is too strong a word for what I do and where I do it on average of four days a week.

Today, while at lunch at one of the CM cafeterias, I thought, I miss the MK even though I was right there, in the middle of MK, but it felt like I had been far away for too long.

Being there all the time, you become callused and forget where you are.

I instantly got up and instead of walking back to the the bus area the way I normally do, which is by Tony's Town Square restaurant, I decided to exit by the Fire House side.

I walked about half way, stopped, and just looked up Main St. towards the castle for a few minutes. The castle at the opposite end never looked more beautiful.

That's all it took, I was OK after that.

"Like" button needed

I'm Baaaack!

Is Lou's wife using his account again? That sounds nothing like Lou. :)

She wants nothing to do with you losers.

"Like" button needed

I've got your "Like" button right here.

Good catch.

In the past, Lou has explained away these warm and fuzzy episodes by blaming them on a change in his medication.

Maybe Gail is away, and Lou took all his happy pills at once?

TCD

Hey Mr. Rock Star, shouldn't you be working on a TR or something?

Do I detect a soft spot in Lou's heart!!!!!!!!!

No you don't detect any such thing.

Aw Lou...you just made me tear up.

What, you sat on one of TCD's RR spikes?

I always love the view of the castle as we head down Main Street. And it is one of the last things I look back at on our way out. None of the other parks give me that same feeling. Lou it is good to know you still have a soft spot in that Snarky heart.....lol

But I know the real Lou and I can be bought to keep it a secret.

First this and now a, "It's going to be a great, big beautiful tommorow" post on the 'I am ...' thread. Lou must have overdosed on Disney (or happy pills). Lou has been reduced to begging people to lower his reputation in an attempt to raise his 'Street Cred'. Don't fall for it - Lou is a softy.

I agree, I love looking down Main Street. It gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling. Magic Kingdom is still my favorite park. I could go there everyday and never get tired of it. On our last day at The Fort, I always make sure MK is the last park we visit and I sit in the back of the boat so I can continue to look at it. Can't wait until our September visit.

Lou, you are very lucky to be surrounded by the Magic of Disney!!!