Camping etiquette - If a fiend came knocking...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call new members, victims, targets of harassment, fresh meat.

No problem knocking on our door, if the GC and truck are there we usually are too. And remember if the MH is rockin "RUN LIKE HELL" we're having an earthquake. :rofl3:

honestly, the way Fiends stay out at night and gab, gossip and talk, I find it hard to believe anyone would be up at 7am :rofl2:

I keep coming back to this thread. It's funny, I'm a pretty social person, but I too was a little hesitant to put a Fiend sign out. I wasn't sure. I guess I knew people wouldn't stop by at 7am, see no one and then bang on the door relentlessly, but... in my line of work with students, that's exactly what they do. "Tnerb, why do you look like you just woke up?"

Glad to hear that's not how fiends work and looking forward to some fiend meet and greeting.

honestly, the way Fiends stay out at night and gab, gossip and talk, I find it hard to believe anyone would be up at 7am :rofl2:

It's funny you say that. When we were in the 2000 loop the other week, those people were up at the crack of dawn. I ventured to the comfort station bout 5:45 one morning and the people around us were waking up, making coffee and other things that shouldn't happen that early on vacation. I figured I was the black sheep since I slept in until 8 or 9 everyday.

I ventured to the comfort station bout 5:45 one morning and the people around us were waking up, making coffee and other things that shouldn't happen that early on vacation.

DH is always up that early. It's annoying b/c by the time we roll out of bed he's usually bored.

LOL You'd be hard pressed to yank Starla out of bed before noon. DD11 and I aim for 9-ish but 10-ish isn't unusual either.

Nobody has to worry about me knocking on their door in the morning unless the loop is on fire or something...

DH is always up that early. It's annoying b/c by the time we roll out of bed he's usually bored.

LOL You'd be hard pressed to yank Starla out of bed before noon. DD11 and I aim for 9-ish but 10-ish isn't unusual either.

Nobody has to worry about me knocking on their door in the morning unless the loop is on fire or something...

or someone is towing a trailer threw it .... haphazardly :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

:heartsmiley:

I keep coming back to this thread. It's funny, I'm a pretty social person, but I too was a little hesitant to put a Fiend sign out. I wasn't sure. I guess I knew people wouldn't stop by at 7am, see no one and then bang on the door relentlessly, but... in my line of work with students, that's exactly what they do. "Tnerb, why do you look like you just woke up?"

Glad to hear that's not how fiends work and looking forward to some fiend meet and greeting.

No worries.. I only bang on people's doors at 3 am in the morning (only if their awning looks like it is going to collapse because of the rain it is holding). Other wise I don't tend to knock on doors.

What if they're tent campers? Is proper etiquette to knock on the flap or just stand outside until they wake up? That would startle the ish out of me!

That's one of the reasons I like a popup, I have a door, a place for new friends to knock, something to slam when my kids drive me nuts, and a prime source of snake repellent!