Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

That is Progress City, isn't it?

tomorrowland_transit_authority_progress_

I thought that building looked familiar.

So, our family is living in one of the outer rings of Progress City.

Isn't the future grand?  Back then we could look forward to carrying around a portable television.  Wouldn't it be cool to be able to watch TV wherever you were?  Just extend the antenna and BAM!

TCD

I remember when these came out....they were very cool but the reception sucked. 

Sony_watchman_fd210.jpg

Very cool.  According to what I could find, those came out in 1982.  I wonder what they cost?

One thing that I always mention to my kids is how the predictions and depictions of the future in the '70's rarely showed anything having to do with home computers and nothing like the smart phones we have now.  If they had shown something like an iPhone or people using the internet or facetime, nobody would have believed it.  If computers were shown, they were giant things with all kinds of blinking lights and spinning tapes and such.  While I still wish I had my flying car,  it is pretty amazing to think about how far computers and phones have advanced in the last 30 years.

TCD